Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#549246 Jul 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no fool.
Does that mean you didn't do 20 pushups???

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549247 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It seems to me that if the colonists had placed value on the studies done by Daisy Bates, they would not have left her work untouched for three decades. They would have spread her words far and wide for their own benefits. Instead, they belittled her work. Note the words "unintelligibly bizarre."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
She wrote some 270 newspaper articles about Aboriginal life, valuably sensitive accounts of cultures customarily presented in the press as unintelligibly bizarre. However, her repeated, emphatic assertions concerning Aboriginal cannibalism aroused much controversy. She strongly opposed miscegenation; her belief that Aboriginal full-bloods would become extinct unless segregated from Europeans was proved wrong by the population statistics of the years following the Passing. Nevertheless her widely read defeatist views helped prod governments into action in medicine and child care.
http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/bates-daisy-m...
Now I'm a bit confused. One of the sources I posted waaaaaaay above called the biography where she talks about the baby eating a "historical fiction." This one suggests that she did all the work and another person - not the first writer I mention - helped her write the biography.

There is an interesting story in there somewhere!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549248 Jul 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
In a sense, what does an atheist have to loose? Therefore all ventures, moral or immoral are acceptable.
Our humanity. Don't be silly, morality doesn't come from anywhere else but humans.
So if it is not scary to burn your hand in a fire, then one may as well, or make the biggest war on the earth, there is no consequence. Ignatius of Loyola faced the decision on becoming the great warrior killing others, or killing the demons within. Those not ready or willing to face such decisions find plenty of distractions to keep them occupied.
I am not worried, though I keep vigilant in leading a moral and Christ-like life. Reading plenty of books(older-medieval) types on religion, when the matters were more clearly debated. Modern schisms reflect back to them, but are often repetitious recruitment tools.
Only a Christian who doesn't believe in humanity would write the above - it's quite appalling to think that you actually attribute your morality to some imagined being.

All morality comes from people. We're a social animal, we have rules to govern social behavior. Further, each of us knows - baring psychopaths - that the other has emotions, feels pain and love, just like we do. So we understand what it is to hurt others and we avoid it.
marge

Ames, IA

#549249 Jul 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen midst all- OUR arguing , We were created first and foremost to LOVE GOD.
FIRST COMMANDMENT ..love God with thy whole everything...why else would He want to share eternity with such creatures as we are, if not for LOVE :)
Amen Rose.

Turn to Hannity, I think the pope just said they might be open to priests marrying.
marge

Ames, IA

#549250 Jul 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen midst all- OUR arguing , We were created first and foremost to LOVE GOD.
FIRST COMMANDMENT ..love God with thy whole everything...why else would He want to share eternity with such creatures as we are, if not for LOVE :)
Say don't bother reading the girl in the blue dress posts, vul-ger.
marge

Ames, IA

#549251 Jul 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
QUESTION...
HOW CAN THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM
they KEEP THIS COMMANDMENT ...... that is required of all CHRISTIANS
"Mat_22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Luk_10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. "
WHILE CALLING HIM A LIAR...
DENYING AND DISOBEY GOD'S WORD.... ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT....WITH THEIR OWN CONJECTURE ...
WHILE RAILING UPON THOSE THAT ATTEMPT TO LIVE BY HIS WORD....
CLAIMING THAT THEIR CONJECTURE TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER HIS ..
DEEMING
HIS WORDS TOBE OF NO CONSEQUENCE
CALLING
THOSE THAT LOVE IT
SOLO SCRIPTURIANS...
JESUS SAID
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Yep
marge

Ames, IA

#549252 Jul 14, 2014
I should have had some ~~~~~~~'s between amen rose and turn to Hannity lol.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549253 Jul 14, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean you didn't do 20 pushups???
You caught that, huh?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549254 Jul 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.
Brain damage.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#549255 Jul 15, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Say don't bother reading the girl in the blue dress posts, vul-ger.
Are you talking about hiding?
I think her post are well put together and Informative.
A very Intelligent woman, who doesn't project like June or a lot of atheist I have came across on these threads..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549258 Jul 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And why are you so "zero'd in" on JUST the Catholic Church when it is a "known and proven fact" that Protestant sexual abuse "equals or exceed" that of the Catholic Church... The fact that the Catholic Church has been extensively delaying with abuse in their Churches for the past 3+ years while Protestants are " in denial " all the while trying to " cover up" their own scandal being "hypocritical" as they continue to attack and rip the Catholic Church..... Face it Michael!!!...YOU have an anti-Catholic agenda that has polluted your mind, heart and soul JUST like the bible only fundamentalists who ""waive their bibles" claiming to be "squeaky clean" while the their Protestant pot continues to remain "polluted, soiled and contaminated...
You have opinions on everything catholic.

What is YOUR personal opinion of priests/bishops being allowed to marry and have a family?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549259 Jul 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And why are you so "zero'd in" on JUST the Catholic Church when it is a "known and proven fact" that Protestant sexual abuse "equals or exceed" that of the Catholic Church... The fact that the Catholic Church has been extensively delaying with abuse in their Churches for the past 3+ years while Protestants are " in denial " all the while trying to " cover up" their own scandal being "hypocritical" as they continue to attack and rip the Catholic Church..... Face it Michael!!!...YOU have an anti-Catholic agenda that has polluted your mind, heart and soul JUST like the bible only fundamentalists who ""waive their bibles" claiming to be "squeaky clean" while the their Protestant pot continues to remain "polluted, soiled and contaminated...
HOJO says.....And why are you so "zero'd in" on JUST the Catholic Church when it is a "known and proven fact" that Protestant sexual abuse "equals or exceed" that of the Catholic Church...

Michael says.........8,300 catholic priests/bishops/cardinals claimed to be pedophiles according to good ole Pope Francis.

If Francis knows of this, why are there still over 8,300 criminals leading the church? Lets not forget the ones they don't know about.

Several months ago Anthony, REGIINA M. and Star C boasted that only a handful of catholic clergy in the past few years have been caught implying that there are hardly any bad characters left. Today we learn from the Pope himself that there are at least 8,300 more scattered all around the world.

If 1 out of every 50 priests is a pedo , that means there are probably 2 or 3 in every diocese. Do the math.

Keep a close eye on your parish priests. Don't let them near children.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549260 Jul 15, 2014
ANTHONY wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony boasted to me just a few months ago that the catholic church has done a wonderful job in ridding the few bad apples remaining in church authority.

HUHHHHH! Just the other day Pope Francis drops a BOMBSHELL claiming today that 1 out of every 50 priests/bishops/cardinals are pedophiles. Over 8,376 worldwide.

150 priests in your diocese.= 3 pedo priests.

I have been saying for years on this forum. Catholics themselves are to blame for their silence on this issue. The Pope must have been reading my posts and finally realized that I was right. The numbers ARE much higher.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#549261 Jul 15, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Rose.
Turn to Hannity, I think the pope just said they might be open to priests marrying.
Didn't see your post, but priests marrying ?? It's really way down on my list of things I'm concerned about ...

Paul gave instructions, each person makes his own choices Marge ..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549262 Jul 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS HOME, not any denomination..we nor the the REV, NOR THE BAPTISTS, OR any human created it ..it belongs,to Him
The Jews created the monotheistic image of a god that you now profess to worship as a Protestant.

STOP stealing the god-image that the Jews created YOU THIEF and have the decency to create your own god in your Protestant Christian image.

All of you Christian-thieves tell the same story ... and that IS that the Jews won't be saved by the god unless they first become Christian as did Jesus ... of all the idiocy!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#549263 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.....And why are you so "zero'd in" on JUST the Catholic Church when it is a "known and proven fact" that Protestant sexual abuse "equals or exceed" that of the Catholic Church...
Michael says.........8,300 catholic priests/bishops/cardinals claimed to be pedophiles according to good ole Pope Francis.
If Francis knows of this, why are there still over 8,300 criminals leading the church? Lets not forget the ones they don't know about.
Several months ago Anthony, REGIINA M. and Star C boasted that only a handful of catholic clergy in the past few years have been caught implying that there are hardly any bad characters left. Today we learn from the Pope himself that there are at least 8,300 more scattered all around the world.
If 1 out of every 50 priests is a pedo , that means there are probably 2 or 3 in every diocese. Do the math.
Keep a close eye on your parish priests. Don't let them near children.
Imo you've made your point...every crime has,a victim..pray for them if you remember how.

One person on here did much to help victims,during his career ...and that was NICK , GOD bless Him.
He worked with offenders and victims. That's what Sera wanted to show and talk about ...he did a lot over decades...

Imo walk the walk..talking about it does nothing on here except this,gloating over who was the,worst..who cares who was worst.......it's all horrid...hopefully things,WILL change ..that's all we can hope for now and these victims,will get help .

Prince George, Canada

#549264 Jul 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh June ..twist twist twist the words...
No I don't want to see anyone not go to heaven..that's,your delusion.
Of course you do, or you wouldn't believe that most of the world's population will go to hell for having no belief in Jesus.

I never invested in the belief that "souls" COULD go to hell ... so therefore I don't believe in the EXISTENCE of a hell.

Do you GET it???

You are "RESPONSIBLE" for investing FAITH in the belief that hell exists for evil souls.

Prince George, Canada

#549265 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm arrogant because I don't fear hell? You're a nut case.
NO ... you are arrogant because you entertain the VAIN belief that a GOD created heaven for holy ones such as you and that a hell exists for evil others to spend eternity with a devil.

Of COURSE you FEAR hell, or you wouldn't BE in a religion.

It would not have been profitable for theologians to teach that only heaven exists, as that would mean that religion was totally unnecessary. Every soul would be able without the assistance of words FROM the theologians to go to heaven.

If you can't SEE that ... you are blind.

Prince George, Canada

#549266 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Catholics wrote the New Testament? You're losing it quickly.
The new testament states that Jesus CHOSE to be baptized by SAINT John in the Jordon river. SAINT John was a Catholic.

Why didn't you write your own bible instead of pretending that the Catholics didn't write the new testament ... you THIEF.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Christ's Baptism Foreshadows Our Own:

At first glance, the Baptism of the Lord might seem an odd feast. Since the Catholic Church teaches that the Sacrament of Baptism is necessary for the remission of sins, particularly Original Sin, why was Christ baptized? After all, He was born without Original Sin, and He lived His entire life without sinning. Therefore, He had no need of the sacrament, as we do.

In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...
truth

Perth, Australia

#549269 Jul 15, 2014
yes
they can be married and have family..

asked yourself in past far away did they been married
if yes
why yes
if not why not

whats deference to be married or not married
did all who is married going in heaven
if yes why yes
if not why not
some to be not married
did they going in heaven or not
yes
you don't need grammar for heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near 9 min MUQ2 69
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min MUQ2 40,143
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aura Mytha 828,862
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 48 min discocrisco 1
News Gangs in Jacksonville 51 min discocrisco 1
News Many Tennesseans remain opposed to same-sex unions 52 min discocrisco 1
how do I get a girl to like me 58 min andet1987 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 3,618
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 611,843
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr arul 6,307