Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,651
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549227 Jul 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It is possible that some of these people are sane, or insane.
Consider most wars of aggression for resources is caused by misdirected loyalty and patriotism....Are all these people insane?
Which ones do you believe were sane when they were certain that a god wanted them to kill others as heretics and infidels and witches?

Would it be the Catholics that you believe were SANE???

The members of the mafia didn't LIE that a God wanted them to kill in his name. They weren't insane ... they were honest about their reason for killing. They wanted MONEY and POWER over others.

It was the men of religion that ALL claimed gods commanded them to kill. From my perspective that is INSANITY ... especially if they BELIEVED what they were preaching was based on universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#549228 Jul 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_priori_and_a_p...
It will give you a clue as to what it means....
I'll stick with the interpretation that pleases me ... not you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Priori

A Priori is a philosophical term that is used in several different ways. The term is suppose to mean knowledge that is gained through deduction, and not through empirical evidence.

https://www.google.ca/ ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549229 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So then are you preaching the sermon that God and Jesus won't reject me to hell for not believing in their existence and their POWER TO REJECT.
What WONDERFUL NEWS.
Thank you Oxbow. Now I KNOW your message came through.
Catholics and those in other religions and Agnostics and Atheists will be save from God's wrath ... because he just doesn't care what we believe or don't believe.
Sorry to poke fun at you ... but it's why I am here.
I want people to see the stupidity of all religion.
Try squinting...stand on one leg,,,hold your breath...that might help you..

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

A. What causes a person to be not condemned??
B. What causes a person to be condemned already??
C. Are either caused by a denomination? By a religion? By the lack of a religion??

Is being an atheist the cause of a person being condemned already?? Absolutely..Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods...

Can an atheist be saved?? Absolutely...if he is converted before he dies..converted: to revert (literally, figuratively or morally):--come (go) again, convert,(re-)turn (about, again).

Prince George, Canada

#549230 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you post here or there. Why do you pretend to know what others feel or think? I have no fear as you describe. You recently admitted you had fear of hell now you say you don't.
If you have no fear of going to hell ... then you are arrogant in the certainty that you are absolutely SAVED.

There IS no middle road in the Christian religion.

I never in my whole life believed in the existence of any of the hells in religion ... so I couldn't possibly have fear concerning that ridiculous idiocy.

Prince George, Canada

#549231 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Christian wasn't even used until after Christ rose.
I agree that the Catholics waited until long after Jesus supposedly converted to Catholicism and rose to Catholic "heaven" before they started writing the tales that would ultimately become known as the new testament.

The author of Mother goose also waited until she died to write that story.

And do really think Santa Claus would be rewarding spoiled-rotten rug rats with presents??? That story was also compiled after Santa became invisible.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#549232 Jul 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
C. Are either caused by a denomination? By a religion? By the lack of a religion??
Is being an atheist the cause of a person being condemned already?? Absolutely..Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods...
Can an atheist be saved?? Absolutely...if he is converted before he dies..converted: to revert (literally, figuratively or morally):--come (go) again, convert,(re-)turn (about, again).
I suggest that one of these day Jesus is going to get fed up with your Protestant lies and belt you a good one across your Protestant noggin.

The Jewish theology is VERY plain that God still loves the Jews as his chosen few ... and that Jesus is alienated from God because he chose the Christian religion over Judaism.

Word from the sky is that Jesus is on heavy meditation about which Christian group he has to favor in order to save his self. Apparently he wasn't able to see the future in how he would be expected to serve so many different belief systems and he now has respiratory problems ... aching of his invisible joints and other complaints.

He's afraid to come back to earth because whoever he doesn't please will nail him to another cross ... and apparently he confessed that he had enough of that treatment the first time around.

Prince George, Canada

#549233 Jul 14, 2014
Did you know that Jesus has a confessor in the sky? He desperately needs one, because all devotees on earth want from him is salvation, and he knows that they don't LOVE him, but rather that they just use him and need his services for their own agendas.

The one Jesus confesses to expects nothing from him. No strings attached whatsoever.

Isn't that enlightening???

It's the only time he is at peace.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#549234 Jul 14, 2014
The Arrogance of Faith, by Forrest G. Wood

Preface

Anyone who needs to be reminded of the problem of relying on one version should know that, as Margaret T. Hillis pointed out, there were over 2,500 different English-language editions published in the United States prior to 1957.

Deciding which Bible to quote was simple compared to untangling the problem of languages.

Location hidden

#549235 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that one of these day Jesus is going to get fed up with your Protestant lies and belt you a good one across your Protestant noggin.
The Jewish theology is VERY plain that God still loves the Jews as his chosen few ... and that Jesus is alienated from God because he chose the Christian religion over Judaism.
Word from the sky is that Jesus is on heavy meditation about which Christian group he has to favor in order to save his self. Apparently he wasn't able to see the future in how he would be expected to serve so many different belief systems and he now has respiratory problems ... aching of his invisible joints and other complaints.
He's afraid to come back to earth because whoever he doesn't please will nail him to another cross ... and apparently he confessed that he had enough of that treatment the first time around.
Since you have nothing to say about the info in my post...all else is ignored..

quoted text>

You calling Gospel truth in Scripture "Protestant lies" paints a very clear picture of your spiritual status...

Prince George, Canada

#549236 Jul 14, 2014
And then if you expand your ability to reason and consider all of the religious literature in all of the religions ... you will stop being so arrogant as to believe that your religion owns the one and only universal truth.

Ridiculous human behavior.

EVERY RELIGION HAD SAVIOR-MYTHS.

Do you GET it???

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#549237 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of gloating ... how do you plan to pass the time in Protestantized heaven?
Praising god and Jesus could become quite a bore after a few thousand times a day every day for eternity ... don'tcha think???
GODS HOME, not any denomination..we nor the the REV, NOR THE BAPTISTS, OR any human created it ..it belongs,to Him

Imagine the Garden of Eden only better ...

I pray to see Jesus.praise yes and love Him as He loves us.
Imagine the conversations,with Jesus, Mary, Joseph ,Abraham

.I hope it's,a,place we can talk to anyone in history, has a great library of knowledge , but I have no idea what is there for sure....

We are,promised no tears in heaven and God's,presence ..whatever He,prepares for us,will be good .

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#549238 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a glutton for shiny things ... such as streets of gold in heaven.
You vote that Protestant you will be traveling those streets of gold, while you also vote that others will spend eternity in hell.
You are quite the politician.
Oh June ..twist twist twist the words...

No I don't want to see anyone not go to heaven..that's,your delusion. That you keep repeating over and over.NO ONE BUT YOU SAYS THAT

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#549239 Jul 14, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree RoSesz. You hit the main point, it's not about what the Vatican said here and there or our church membership, it's about opening our hearts to Jesus.
Amen midst all- OUR arguing , We were created first and foremost to LOVE GOD.

FIRST COMMANDMENT ..love God with thy whole everything...why else would He want to share eternity with such creatures as we are, if not for LOVE :)
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549240 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no fear of going to hell ... then you are arrogant in the certainty that you are absolutely SAVED.
There IS no middle road in the Christian religion.
I never in my whole life believed in the existence of any of the hells in religion ... so I couldn't possibly have fear concerning that ridiculous idiocy.
I'm arrogant because I don't fear hell? You're a nut case.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549241 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the Catholics waited until long after Jesus supposedly converted to Catholicism and rose to Catholic "heaven" before they started writing the tales that would ultimately become known as the new testament.
The author of Mother goose also waited until she died to write that story.
And do really think Santa Claus would be rewarding spoiled-rotten rug rats with presents??? That story was also compiled after Santa became invisible.
LMAO. Catholics wrote the New Testament? You're losing it quickly.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549242 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did you know that Jesus has a confessor in the sky? He desperately needs one, because all devotees on earth want from him is salvation, and he knows that they don't LOVE him, but rather that they just use him and need his services for their own agendas.
The one Jesus confesses to expects nothing from him. No strings attached whatsoever.
Isn't that enlightening???
It's the only time he is at peace.
tongue in cheek
There you go pretending to know what every believer wants from Jesus. Just because you never loved the Christ doesn't mean others don't or haven't.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#549243 Jul 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen midst all- OUR arguing , We were created first and foremost to LOVE GOD.
FIRST COMMANDMENT ..love God with thy whole everything...why else would He want to share eternity with such creatures as we are, if not for LOVE :)
~~~~

QUESTION...

HOW CAN THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM

they KEEP THIS COMMANDMENT ...... that is required of all CHRISTIANS

"Mat_22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luk_10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. "

WHILE CALLING HIM A LIAR...

DENYING AND DISOBEY GOD'S WORD.... ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT....WITH THEIR OWN CONJECTURE ...

WHILE RAILING UPON THOSE THAT ATTEMPT TO LIVE BY HIS WORD....

CLAIMING THAT THEIR CONJECTURE TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER HIS ..

DEEMING

HIS WORDS TOBE OF NO CONSEQUENCE

CALLING

THOSE THAT LOVE IT

SOLO SCRIPTURIANS...

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#549244 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know well to know some history of Robert F.
I’ve been posting with him since 2006. He followed me from one thread to another, one time even hiding as a poster by the title of “Human being.”
His story is, he started out as a Protestant, flirted with Buddhism, then joined Catholicism as a better option than Protestantism. Then he did a very brief stint with Atheism before rushing back to Catholicism. He’s always polite … except for the times he referred to me as neurotic, malfunctioned and a few other terms of endearment.
I’m sure he didn’t mean to insult me for any other reason than “guiding me” into his Catholic religion so I could be saved.
He will keep you going with his circles of what he perceives is wisdom on his part. However … he’s been great entertainment for me.
When I was still under the spell of believing in an all-loving god, Robert was for a few moments an Atheist. How funny is THAT???
Thanks, that clears things up quite a bit.

How sad for him that he didn't escape.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549245 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The moment we convince our selves that we are wise, it's all downhill from there.
I suggest that human brains aren't up to much and we might as well admit it ... first to ourselves and then to others.
"I'm a block-head, with no more smarts than a door knob!"
There, I admitted it ... and I didn't even have a need to go to go to a preacher of religion to unload my conscience.
Since I left religion behind ... if I am not in physical pain ... I sleep very well.
To me ... that says it all. I cleared out all the years of debris put in there by the preachers, and it feels SO GOOD!
Nicely done :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#549246 Jul 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no fool.
Does that mean you didn't do 20 pushups???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 49 min ChristineM 48,263
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 53 min myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 55 min myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 1 hr myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr myveryownjulia 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Last Word + 2 1 hr ctsseo 981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web