Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641008 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549474 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. It's funny that they would believe the Jews would walk and walk and walk and totally not realize that murder was bad until the 10 commandments came.
Oh, surprise!
"Sorry Aharaon, I shouldn't have killed your wife. I just didn't realize it was bad until now."
"Neither did I. Let's just wait and see what the punishment is and then I'll emotionally react."
And if the Jews had not been overrun by the ex-Jew Catholic military power ... they and their one-god religion would have been a force with which to reckon, because as is plain from the study of history and the behavior of Catholics and Protestants on this forum ... those in the monotheistic religions ALWAYS want others to join their own religions as being based on the one and only universal truth.

Note the words "forced conversion."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

Prince George, Canada

#549475 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually studied or become a believer of? Those are very different experiential realities.
You can't define all religions as falling under one package. I know that's the goal of many theologians - and kind of nice to be inclusive - but the simple reality is that most religions are mutually exclusionary.
If your religion is "true," then everyone else's is false. Hence all religions are false.
Although, from an anthropology point of view, religions are cultural systems. The create "ways of experiencing" the world around believers. In that sense, all religions are true.
Very well stated!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549476 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Faith is a learned way of thinking about reality. It's intellectual laziness, hence religions promote that way.
Hidingfromyou

Peace

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen(Heb 11:1)

Consider for a moment that it was the Church that established the centers of learning in Europe for Universities, that taught intellectual pursuits. It was not atheists. And the Enlightenment which emerged out of Italy, was of the Church as well.

Your re-definition of faith is merely to distance yourself from reality. And that is an intellectual deception.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#549477 Jul 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its NOT world history its christian biblical history ONLY!.
....Flavius Josephus wasn't born until 37 AD 10 years after Jesus supposedly died and today what many scholars claim some of his writings were added by others. Why would a devout Jew write about Jesus the Christ (christianity)
.....Philo the philosopher.....a real witness but saw nothing!!
The Catholic theologians wanted readers to believe that many of the Jews supported the new religion ... and that is why the Catholic theologians wrote that nonsense about Jewish "apostles" being filled with JOY concerning their "visions" of the coming of the savior, which is totally ludicrous.

If Jews (faithful to Judaism) could have seen their future, they would have killed that baby that they KNEW when he grew up was going to abandon them for a new religion and in turn cause them centuries of torture and murder.

Ridiculous theology!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549478 Jul 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Nick did, and I don't care what Nick did. Time to move on from talking about Nick.
~~~

Why would you censor Serephema..

I am surprised at your treatment of Serephema in her grief and deeply disappointed at your attitude.....I really expected a better humanitarian attitude of you...

Are we to understand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to..

Do you not know that the way you treated her will return upon you own head

Jesus said

Mat_5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted..

kindness and being civil breaks no mans law.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549479 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at Oxford university when Dawkins released his book "The God Delusion" and stumbled upon sever Oxford theologians debating the book. They told me it was "preaching to the choir" and overly simplistic.
So I said "I don't think so, but prove me wrong and answer his simple critique." After that, I picked up my beer and left the table full of theologians arguing amongst themselves, unable to answer the "simple" critique. hahaha, it was wonderful!
What a useless discipline.
Hidingfromyou

I read "The God Delusion", and found it disappointing. It was on the shelf for awhile, I skimmed it again, and then threw it in the garbage where it sits somewhere in a waste site.....

Theologians can argue over how many angels dance on the head of a pin for as long as they want..., just differing beliefs.

As for Dawkins, he was rather pathetic in his arguments that the universe is meaningless(I have watched him several times in debates, until he got what the attention he needed for status and money) But he does reveal the rather poor level at Oxford and why Harvard is preferred by many now....

Prince George, Canada

#549480 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen(Heb 11:1)
Those words "not seen" is what the theologians counted on you buying as universal truth.

It's not by chance that they created the gods as "invisible."

That way their religious teachings could never be DISPROVED.

The Muslim theologians also teach their devotees to have FAITH in what they teach is definitely universal truth.

USE your brain for other things than self-indulgence, and you will see the BROAD picture of how cults work their "magic" in brains to control you in states of FEAR concerning hells and devils.

Prince George, Canada

#549481 Jul 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am surprised at your treatment of Serephema in her grief and deeply disappointed at your attitude.....I really expected a better humanitarian attitude of you...
Are we to understand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to..
Do you not know that the way you treated her will return upon you own head
Jesus said
Mat_5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted..
kindness and being civil breaks no mans law.
Your "concern" about her tender feelings rings hollow, as you believe that all those who are not of your Protestant faith deserve eternal HELL.

And your reference to homosexuals as being "perverts" shows your REAL character as a KJV-thumping arrogant FRAUD who believes you are a GOD!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

Prince George, Canada

#549482 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I read "The God Delusion", and found it disappointing.....
You found your stint in Atheism disappointing ... because you couldn't get over your fear of being in eternal Catholic hell.

Prince George, Canada

#549483 Jul 16, 2014
I hope that some day our young generations will see the horrors of religion in its true light.

I suggest that homosexuals have been the most brutalized of all humans by those in religion. I would apologize to them on behalf of humanity ... but I can only do my part and support them in their struggles for equal rights ... which is what I have always done.

May we all one day look back at out history and shudder with revulsion at how humans used their books that they treasured as being holy ... to again and again and again harm others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#549484 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Because she belongs to the Greek Orthodox church ... according to your theology ... she will be locked out of your Protestant heaven to spend eternity in HELL.

You should be preaching at her as you do at the homosexuals for being EVIL fodder for your Protestant DEVIL ... you CREEPY FRAUD!!!

#549485 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "concern" about her tender feelings rings hollow, as you believe that all those who are not of your Protestant faith deserve eternal HELL.
And your reference to homosexuals as being "perverts" shows your REAL character as a KJV-thumping arrogant FRAUD who believes you are a GOD!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......
THE BIBLE
THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
~~~~

That you would compare widowhood to homosexuality and sexual perversion is absolutely ludicrousness...

What insane asylum are you posting from anyway?

Prince George, Canada

#549486 Jul 16, 2014
I don't fear a supposed afterlife, but I would be dishonest if I said that I don't feel repulsion at physical and emotional suffering.

To watch a child suffering from "for instance" severe cases of autism should pull at the heartstrings of the most cold-hearted human. Pounding their own heads on the floor or against walls is a terrible sight to see, and it makes me wonder if death for them would be a kindness!

I simply had to quit fooling my self that a god exists, because the alternative for me would have been to detest the god for not doing anything to stop the suffering.

Prince George, Canada

#549487 Jul 16, 2014
Did you ever wonder why a holy god would give a Hitler a soul to travel into a human body ... knowing that the man would grow up to be insane and be the cause of such destruction???

Your devil had no part in creating that "soul."

THINK about it!

Religion is STUPID!!!

Prince George, Canada

#549488 Jul 16, 2014
The theology claims that a god created Adam and Eve in physical form from the dust of the earth. Supposedly their little spirits were minding their own business in heaven. Then while on earth, the god gave their spirits “souls” to travel back to heaven or to hell when they were done all their suffering on earth. It was their choice of which way they wanted to go … to eternal bliss … or eternal suffering.

I mean REALLY … that humans don’t laugh at such ludicrous theology amazes me.

Even as a child I thought it was laughable.

#549489 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did you ever wonder why a holy god would give a Hitler a soul to travel into a human body ... knowing that the man would grow up to be insane and be the cause of such destruction???
Your devil had no part in creating that "soul."
THINK about it!
Religion is STUPID!!!
~~~~

SO YOU THE POT CALLS THE KETTLE BLACK...RIGHT?

IF YOU DON'T REPENT ...You will be Hitlers neighbor in hell .

HITLER WILL BE IN HELL BECAUSE OF HIS REJECTION JESUS CHRIST AS HIS PERSONAL SAVIOR.....AND SO WI;L YOU

THE SINS THAT THE COMMITTED AGAINST HUMANITY WAS THE RESULT OF HIS REJECTION OF JESUS...

AS IS YOURS.

Prince George, Canada

#549490 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
That you would compare widowhood to homosexuality and sexual perversion is absolutely ludicrousness...
What insane asylum are you posting from anyway?
That you would compare your self worthy of eternal bliss and others as deserving eternal hell bespeaks of your religious insanity.

I'm posting from earth, and if I am insane it's from having to be subjected to religion.

Prince George, Canada

#549491 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
Widows are not put to death by those in religion. Homosexuals ARE put to death by insane religionists.

And I suggest that if you had the power in your hands ... you would believe that killing homosexuals would be serving the best interests of your HOLY god ... you religious IDIOT!!!

You have a heart of ICE and a brain of fermented religious-infected brain-cells.

Prince George, Canada

#549492 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
SO YOU THE POT CALLS THE KETTLE BLACK...RIGHT?
IF YOU DON'T REPENT ...You will be Hitlers neighbor in hell .
HITLER WILL BE IN HELL BECAUSE OF HIS REJECTION JESUS CHRIST AS HIS PERSONAL SAVIOR.....AND SO WI;L YOU
THE SINS THAT THE COMMITTED AGAINST HUMANITY WAS THE RESULT OF HIS REJECTION OF JESUS...
AS IS YOURS.
Does God want to shout ... or is it the DEVIL that is making you rant and rave while trying to pretend you are a holy god???

Maybe you should check those KJV scriptures and see which ones you will choose "this time" to fit your self-indulgent agenda.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549493 Jul 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You're welcome, and nice gun :)
Say hello to my little friend!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 37,140
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Osmius 969,785
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Janitor Of The LORD 618,278
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Steve III 44,263
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min jasiEL 104,548
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 51 min Ricky F 38,319
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Clearwater 182,262
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 280,845
More from around the web