Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549448 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that it is VERY easy to embarrass a theologian.
Embarrassing theologians ended in countless innocent people being imprisoned, tortured and murdered when the dared to embarrass theologians.
The mottos of the theologians were ... "You WILL agree with me ... or ELSE."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
I was at Oxford university when Dawkins released his book "The God Delusion" and stumbled upon sever Oxford theologians debating the book. They told me it was "preaching to the choir" and overly simplistic.

So I said "I don't think so, but prove me wrong and answer his simple critique." After that, I picked up my beer and left the table full of theologians arguing amongst themselves, unable to answer the "simple" critique. hahaha, it was wonderful!

What a useless discipline.

Some stable somewhere

#549449 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You caught that, huh?
I catch everything!

uh..except..uh...diseases...bl ach!

Some stable somewhere

#549450 Jul 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Are you talking about hiding?
I think her post are well put together and Informative.
A very Intelligent woman, who doesn't project like June or a lot of atheist I have came across on these threads..
Thank you sir Pusherman. I will, just for you, alter my pic :)

Some stable somewhere

#549451 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert believes that his escape from suffering will be through faith in Jesus, that he in turn is certain will reject most of the world's souls to hell for not being Catholic.
Although he does seem to change his beliefs as often as he changes his socks.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
March 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I felt a need to leave behind what was insipid. I needed to find out things.
All in all, I found in leaving Protestantism, the need to go deeper into spiritual things.
Likewise, all in all, I have found that in leaving Catholicism, the need to go deeper into spiritual things.
To "Return to the Center", and become a Christian again. It has taken a long time to find my lost penny in the room....
I hope he is nothing but happy and self-actualized.

Some stable somewhere

#549452 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion claim that "do unto others as you would have done unto you" came from religion.
I suggest it came from somebody getting his own medicine back and realizing it wasn't fun when the bop on the head with a knotty club came back home to prove a POINT.
"OUCH that HURT. I guess if I don't want another bonk on my noggin, I'd better not bonk others on their noggins."
:)
Totally. It's funny that they would believe the Jews would walk and walk and walk and totally not realize that murder was bad until the 10 commandments came.

Oh, surprise!

"Sorry Aharaon, I shouldn't have killed your wife. I just didn't realize it was bad until now."

"Neither did I. Let's just wait and see what the punishment is and then I'll emotionally react."

Some stable somewhere

#549453 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course June has her own take on who I am, but beyond Christianity, in different beliefs, I have studied Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Islam...., amongst other more philosophical interests....
Jainism and Buddhism come closest to being atheistic, although sects of Hinduism of course have them as well.
If one were to define all that into one package, it goes beyond what June can accept, and so goes the antagonism against what she does not understand....
At the present I just call myself a Christian for the sake of simplicity, in faith and beliefs.
Actually studied or become a believer of? Those are very different experiential realities.

You can't define all religions as falling under one package. I know that's the goal of many theologians - and kind of nice to be inclusive - but the simple reality is that most religions are mutually exclusionary.

If your religion is "true," then everyone else's is false. Hence all religions are false.

Although, from an anthropology point of view, religions are cultural systems. The create "ways of experiencing" the world around believers. In that sense, all religions are true.

Some stable somewhere

#549455 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. One leader of a cult told his new devotee not to bother thinking, as the thinking had already been done FOR him.
See, Ricky? What's not to agree?

Some stable somewhere

#549456 Jul 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with all your bad mouthing God, I feel, at one point, things will work out for your good...spiritually. Every thing that comes our way has a Divine purpose..
Once more....God does not do any rejecting...people reject God...if they die in that spiritual status, hell will be their eternal home, because they choose to reject His gift of Salvation...
All believers of all religions "know," with exactly as much fervor as you, that their deities and spirits and magic are real. You all experience your religious belief system as if it were real.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#549457 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is YOUR personal opinion of priests/bishops being allowed to marry and have a family?
I prefer to follow the TRUE teachings of Jesius Christs one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church that has taught the TRUTH of the Gospel for over 2000 years.....If you are "looking for opinions" then go "fetch" one or more of the 42,000+ contradicting bible only "opinionated" Protestants and you will get a "boatload" of inconsistency which is the "entire basis" of Protestant bible editorial "rif-raf"!.........O R ..... Ask June !!!!!!....You two agnostics and atheists are like "two peas in.a (opinionated pot) of propaganda"

Some stable somewhere

#549458 Jul 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to follow the TRUE teachings of Jesius Christs one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church that has taught the TRUTH of the Gospel for over 2000 years.....If you are "looking for opinions" then go "fetch" one or more of the 42,000+ contradicting bible only "opinionated" Protestants and you will get a "boatload" of inconsistency which is the "entire basis" of Protestant bible editorial "rif-raf"!.........O R ..... Ask June !!!!!!....You two agnostics and atheists are like "two peas in.a (opinionated pot) of propaganda"
Hojo! Hojooooooo!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549459 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a liar...you are a dumb liar...
The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...
I followed up on my promise to him..he continually makes an outrages comment then quotes Scripture to support his words, however his quoted Scripture has nothing, nada, to do with what he commented on....however, this was/will be too much for you to understand...
Now that's a hoot, dummy.

Let's parse your post a tad:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...
Then why did you post it to him,'tard?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I followed up on my promise to him..
So it dd have something to do with a discussion with him.

I'm thinking James ain't gonna be pleased with you.

Dummy.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549460 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I catch everything!
uh..except..uh...diseases...bl ach!
You're good.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549461 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
I don't follow the advice of 'tards.

That'd be dumb, eh,'tard?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#549463 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir Pusherman. I will, just for you, alter my pic :)
You're welcome, and nice gun :)
Michael

Canada

#549464 Jul 16, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO Jewish prophets said Christ was coming to save only the Catholics? Where do you get this crap? You are very ignorant of Biblical and world history. Now you claim the Jewish men would have killed Jesus out of jealousy? ROTFLMA, too funny.
Flavius Josephus was a historian. He wrote about Jesus and some of the disciples because it happened. He was recording the events of his time. He wasn't writing about beliefs or religion but events of his day. You don't need to learn any facts, you're credibility is already shot.
....Its NOT world history its christian biblical history ONLY!.
....Flavius Josephus wasn't born until 37 AD 10 years after Jesus supposedly died and today what many scholars claim some of his writings were added by others. Why would a devout Jew write about Jesus the Christ (christianity)
.....Philo the philosopher.....a real witness but saw nothing!!
.......... 2000 years Jesus Christ appears in glory. Every child "knows" his story, every individual "recognizes" his slender frame, his flowing chestnut hair, his kindly blue eyes. But up close and personal our superhero evaporates into the ether, a phantom that leaves no trace upon the paper, no imprint in the historical record. Not only does no one notice Jesus during his supposed lifetime.
.......As it happens, we have an excellent witness to events in Judaea and the Jewish diaspora in the first half of the first century AD: Philo of Alexandria (c25 BC-47 AD).
......Philo was an old man when he led an embassy from the Jews to the court of Emperor Gaius Caligula. The year was 39-40 AD. Philo clearly, then, lived at precisely the time that "Jesus of Nazareth" supposedly entered the world to a chorus of angels, enthralled the multitudes by performing miracles, and got himself crucified. Philo was in the right place at the right time but saw and reported nothing about a Jesus.
Philo was also in the right place to give testimony of a messianic contender. A Jewish aristocrat and leader of the large Jewish community of Alexandria, we know that Philo spent time in Jerusalem (On Providence) where he had intimate connections with the royal house of Judaea. His brother, Alexander the "alabarch" (chief tax official), was one of the richest men in the east, in charge of collecting levies on imports into Roman Egypt. Alexander's great wealth financed the silver and gold sheathing which adorned the doors of the Temple (Josephus, War 5.205). Alexander also loaned a fortune to Herod Agrippa I (Antiquities 18).

....... Philo wrote extensively on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect.
......Yet Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity nor any of the events described in the New Testament. In all this work, Philo makes not a single reference to his alleged contemporary "Jesus Christ", the godman who supposedly was perambulating up and down the Levant, exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death....NOTHING!
.....With Philo's close connection to the house of Herod, one might reasonably expect that the miraculous escape from a royal prison of a gang of apostles (Acts 5.18,40), or the second, angel-assisted, flight of Peter, even though chained between soldiers and guarded by four squads of troops (Acts 12.2,7) might have occasioned the odd footnote. But not a WORD "vexing certain of the church" or killing "James brother of John" with the sword (Acts 12.1,2).

.....Philo a man who lived at the right time and the right place IN history wrote extensively about the Jews yet never mentions a word about miracle working godman named Jesus.

........something is terribly wrong!
Michael

Canada

#549465 Jul 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know what Nick did or cared what Nick did than shut your trap about what YOU think Nick did..I didn't bring up Nick and I was correcting you on what YOU think Nick did. And again I will talk about Nick all I wish to talk about him and if you don't like it than scroll on by babe.....your sick about hearing about Nick as well as the Catholic's and others including Me are sick about hearing you dwell on sex in the Catholic church. Now if you use the defense that you are only exposing truth then I will come back with the same reply to you. I am exposing the truth also.
You too babe can scroll by posts you don't like, but you are the one who baited Anthony, Regina M, and June the last several months comparing Orthodoxy to Catholicism fights broke out and you were always the aggressor.

Its time to keep your personal life personal. Stay on topic.

I have discussed several topics on the catholic church. I have discussed several times there is no CONTEMPORARY history outside the bible on a man named Jesus. If that upsets you take it up with the historians who lived during that era and saw NOTHING and reported NOTHING.

THE TOPIC.

Is the roman catholic church the one true church. I say no and I give my reasons.

Michael

Canada

#549466 Jul 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> How dare you try to cheapen the work that my husband did. You have no understanding of the person he was and you compare yourself to him..He did more than just volunteered. He changed peoples lives for the better. He CREATED programs for victims and offenders where there was NONE.. And he did not seek out the recognition or the awards. A good many of these I FOUND after he passed away in the basement among his things I never knew of them. His Obiturary was written by a co-work. It was I that wanted Nick to be recognized for his life time of work. It was I that wanted him to get the credit that he deserved for the work he did outside of his regular job and his job.. His family had no clue of the man nick had become..It was for them also..
When Nick passed I posted my condolences to you.

...... Its long overdue to move on from posting about your personal life. No one else on this forum brings up family or personal information about themselves and their families.

.........move on! and stay on topic.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549467 Jul 16, 2014
Chess wrote:
Für Elise came up on another thread.
If there's a god, he speaks through Beethoven:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lkcvrxj0eLYXX
From my perception that's a beautiful piece of music.

Do you suppose that the devil instigated this one???

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Michael

Canada

#549469 Jul 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is there no recorded or hand me down contemporary history of Jesus Christ when he lived or shortly after he supposedly died? A man claimed to have been loved by all. Bringing dead rotting corpses back to life, feeding 5,000 people who just happened to show up one day in the same location...... hungry!

Anyone can write stories about someone who is dead and say whatever they want. The bible writers had free reign. They could have said he was to be called the purple people eater and people would have believed.

Believe what you want, but 500 years ago millions of roman catholics walked out the doors for the last time there had to be something to it for so many to claim corruption and church leader control was out of control.

If you honestly believe you are on your way to a better place then the rest of us simply because in your mind you have convinced yourself to follow a certain path, then live your game. Don't get angry at others who don't have the FEAR that drives you.

42,201 different christian beliefs........ Makes no common sense!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549470 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with all your bad mouthing God,
If a god exists it needs to be badmouthed to learn some lessons.

Religious preachers should not BE rewarded for polluting the world with lies. And neither should religious preachers be punished for being so pathetic as not realizing that what is BEING spread IS gossipy lies.

The very idea that YOU would be saved above the majority of supposed souls in the world should alert you that what you were taught by your philosophizing theologians ... is pure SCAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Here For Now 619,684
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Aura Mytha 15,295
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Buck Crick 983,028
Sex 2 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 5 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 7 hr Jakedover34 1
More from around the web