Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549431 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you think the Bible says that is hilarious.
I'm just spoofing ... as should the theologians have admitted when they assured you that god was whispering sweet "everythings" in their ears.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549432 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you think the Bible says that is hilarious.
However ... if I had been a Jew and thought that a traitor was going to be born into the womb of a Jewish mother ... I would be waiting for him to pop out of her so I could straggle the little nut-sucker before he grew up to convert from Judaism to another religion that taught that the Jews were the enemy.

Religion falls far short of animal instinct.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549433 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't count on it.
I'm betting his IEP exempts him from any tests.
Spoilsport. Why did you excite me so? Now I have to find another use for my rotten tomatoes.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549434 Jul 15, 2014
Individualized Education Program

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Legend of Lilith: Did Adam Have a Wife Before Eve?

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was the first wife of Adam. However, there seems to be some disagreement about "how" she was made. Some subscribe to the theory that she was made from dust just like Adam. Others believe that she and Adam were twins formed together and then split apart. Either way, Lilith felt herself equal to Adam in every way and refused to be submissive to him.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-legend-lilith-did ...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549435 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoilsport. Why did you excite me so? Now I have to find another use for my rotten tomatoes.
I excited you?

Crap.

Excuse me.

I need to shower with Clorox.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549436 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
Faith is like a priori knowledge.....We know that knowledge is either a priori or a posteriori. Beliefs tend to be a posteriori, and so the scientist dealing with data are familiar, and find this data through the senses, including intellectually...
Faith exists outside the a posteriori....Thus for instance it was not Thomas's faith which was increased when he saw Jesus, rather it was his belief in who Jesus was after the resurrection....
In a sense then the atheist has doubts as Thomas due to hard factual data to the senses, but has certain set beliefs which can be changed. However, as I am sure you have heard the atheist must have faith that there is no God, and this is because faith is not "sensed" or conceptualized and must be a priori....
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Faith is a learned way of thinking about reality. It's intellectual laziness, hence religions promote that way.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549437 Jul 15, 2014
Für Elise came up on another thread.

If there's a god, he speaks through Beethoven:

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549438 Jul 15, 2014
How long do you think an animal would live that abandoned it's own pack?

I suggest not long enough to have it's next meal, as the pack would kill the wayward animal!

Yet, you want me to believe that the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism should refer to Jesus as their "Christian MASTER of universal truth."

You Christians have SOME nerve!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549439 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I excited you?
Crap.
Excuse me.
I need to shower with Clorox.
OH PLEASE don't bathe on my account.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549440 Jul 15, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Faith is a learned way of thinking about reality. It's intellectual laziness, hence religions promote that way.
Yes indeed. One leader of a cult told his new devotee not to bother thinking, as the thinking had already been done FOR him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549441 Jul 15, 2014
Just suppose that a pack of wolves was hunting a moose, and as they approached the moose one of the wolves decided at the last moment to fight on the side of the moose ... do you think the other wolves would allow that wolf to LIVE???

That is why I state that the theology that Jewish apostles would welcome Jesus to earth as a savior is ludicrous. Those Jews would know (within the theology) that Jesus was going to be the traitor in their midst.

How DAMNEDABLE insulting is THAT theology to the Jews???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549442 Jul 15, 2014
American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

Since at least 1776 the upstart sects have grown as the mainline American denominations have declined. And this trend continues unabated, as new upstarts continue to push to the fore.

--------Roger Finke and Rodney Stark, The Churching of America, 1992.
truth

Westminster, Australia

#549443 Jul 15, 2014
its written
how many lords you have
how many masters
its written
many many many will come in my name
you speaking of wrath and god of adversary

in rosary to saints anthony 13 prayers
you pray against wrath and adversary

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549444 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you enjoyed the humor.
If I have to endure religious chatter ... I prefer religion-lite.
When it gets heavy ... out comes the ugly verbal and physical ammunition ... such as ... "GOD loves me and he's going to reject YOU to HELL ... you evil demon ... servant of the DEVIL!!!"
Even with all your bad mouthing God, I feel, at one point, things will work out for your good...spiritually. Every thing that comes our way has a Divine purpose..

Once more....God does not do any rejecting...people reject God...if they die in that spiritual status, hell will be their eternal home, because they choose to reject His gift of Salvation...

Location hidden

#549445 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, OxyMoron
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..

Location hidden

#549446 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice the author of that passage from Zephaniah is speaking of the wrath of BibleGod, not the behavior of Christians.
On the other hand, it seems the author of James is addressing of the followers of Jesus.
<quoted text>
-- James 1:26-7
Dummy.
Not only are you a liar...you are a dumb liar...

The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...

I followed up on my promise to him..he continually makes an outrages comment then quotes Scripture to support his words, however his quoted Scripture has nothing, nada, to do with what he commented on....however, this was/will be too much for you to understand...
truth

Westminster, Australia

#549447 Jul 15, 2014
Why you say that..there will be time when not will be content with holy spirit!
its written
there will be time when people will asked where is a god
they will say;'where where there there there here here here where

its written
i am within you

its break up point your sience and by mother naturein this form here now as humanity exst

its genetic seeds
weed seed
good seed

Are you pro-life
or pro-death?

you try say not will be Easter

remember
When turmoil come people will look lost without leaders.

whoooooooooo
I am within you!

Some stable somewhere

#549448 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that it is VERY easy to embarrass a theologian.
Embarrassing theologians ended in countless innocent people being imprisoned, tortured and murdered when the dared to embarrass theologians.
The mottos of the theologians were ... "You WILL agree with me ... or ELSE."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
I was at Oxford university when Dawkins released his book "The God Delusion" and stumbled upon sever Oxford theologians debating the book. They told me it was "preaching to the choir" and overly simplistic.

So I said "I don't think so, but prove me wrong and answer his simple critique." After that, I picked up my beer and left the table full of theologians arguing amongst themselves, unable to answer the "simple" critique. hahaha, it was wonderful!

What a useless discipline.

Some stable somewhere

#549449 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You caught that, huh?
I catch everything!

uh..except..uh...diseases...bl ach!

Some stable somewhere

#549450 Jul 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Are you talking about hiding?
I think her post are well put together and Informative.
A very Intelligent woman, who doesn't project like June or a lot of atheist I have came across on these threads..
Thank you sir Pusherman. I will, just for you, alter my pic :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Snake Eyes 25,620
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr LordofDarkness 6,445
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr LordofDarkness 985,634
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr Frank 301
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 8 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 8 hr juliakk 185
More from around the web