Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693272 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#549336 Jul 15, 2014
If one reads the roman catholic church news on the top right side of this forum they will quickly learn several of the new topix stories listed are to do about scandals in the catholic church.

....If one wants to bury their heads and stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALALALALLA because they don't want to hear or know about it, then they are the ones with the problem.

There is no one to blame except those involved. ts way past due that catholics STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING THEMSELVES.

The catholic church always wants to throw the blame onto someone else. Its the media's fault, its the hippies from the 1960s fault.

When will the church and catholics finally clean up their own mess and stop blaming everyone else for THEIR problems.
Michael

Canada

#549337 Jul 15, 2014
Where is Antony? Where is GENED? Where is SOPHIE?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549338 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats all that matters. June isn't here to change your mind, she is here to open your mind.
Thank you. It is my hope that they will empty their minds of all theological blather as being based on truth, and realize that without the teaching of hell and the devil, the theologians would have nothing to hold over their heads to keep them in perpetual states of FEAR.

I want them to allow the following thought in their psyches. Theologians taught you that If you refused to believe that "what" the theologians taught you was based on universal truth ... GOD would reject you to hell. "

FEAR!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549339 Jul 15, 2014
I suggest that a group of break-away Jews from polytheism “who perceived their selves as Jewish theologians” chose to create a monotheistic image of one god, and in turn wrote the following dogma to give the impression that the fable was based on truth. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Abram was the son of Terach, an idol merchant, but from his early childhood, Abram questioned the faith of his father and sought "the truth". Abram came to believe that the entire universe was the work of a single creator, and he began to teach this belief to others.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#549340 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick did not do this on his own time or as a good samaratin. This was Nicks employment. What he did for a living.
Its important to talk about issues that come up. All the media reports on these issues constantly to keep us abreast of what to aware of. Claiming that its time to STOP talking about it because you don't want to hear the latest information makes me wonder what is your fear in knowing?
Not talking about such issues is why these stories were allowed to go on for so many years undetected causing the pain and suffering they did.
No one is gloating, and it should be exposed for what it is, disgusting.
IMO praying is a waste of time. Do you actually believe when you pray that somehow the victim in their mind knows you are praying for them and makes them feel better? Come on! Billions of prayers for these victims hasn't taken away much of their pain or changed many lives. Strong Justice is the only solution.
Keep praying if you must, but its only making you feel good for doing so.
OK YOU POST bad Catholics,th e y post bad Protestants, over and over , each side pointing fingers..DIES THAT HELP?

Working with offenders,was,his job.....working with victims, his,own effort regarding Nick.
And folks,have jobs they just put in time,at ...NICK tried to chAnge things, big difference .

What DO YOU DO? With your constant thinking and posting..it obviously affected you..so do something ..useful ..is,what I'm saying ..these,Catholics here? Does,posting to them do anything but start fights ...that's,what I'm saying ...

It's awful ..I'm.not afraid to hear it...it should never happen TO ONE,CHILD...talking about it here, as far as I see , serves no useful purpose.....just stirring up animosity .

I posted to them.and now,posted to you.. peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#549341 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have an opinion whether down the list or not.
Do you believe that priests/bishops should be allowed to marry and have children?
This topic has been discussed quite a bit in the past few years.
I don't really care.

It's,up to them and the vows,they choose,to take.

It might make them more,able to relate to married problems, maybe...but cause,other problems.

Again, between them and God and their Church ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549342 Jul 15, 2014
Jew aiming to create a one-god dogma ...

"Let me see now, if I create the idea to all people of the world that there is only one God and that the one God loves only Jews as his chosen few, that will mean that all other people of the world will have to come to me and practice MY Jewish religion as the only universal truth.

I will create a Character name Abram and write that he came to create laws for all people to follow. That will do away with the worship of all those other gods and make MINE into the REAL GOD.

What a wonderful plan. I am SO WISE!”
Michael

Canada

#549343 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It is my hope that they will empty their minds of all theological blather as being based on truth, and realize that without the teaching of hell and the devil, the theologians would have nothing to hold over their heads to keep them in perpetual states of FEAR.
I want them to allow the following thought in their psyches. Theologians taught you that If you refused to believe that "what" the theologians taught you was based on universal truth ... GOD would reject you to hell. "
FEAR!!!
When I was in catholic grade school I quickly became very outspoken in religion class. Started 3rd day of grade 1, and carried on for the next 8 years.

..... The teachers would teach us from the catechism and we were not to question. not to ask why, something happened or occured or what was told to us. I was often wrongfully accused of disrupting the class. The next subject was spelling, then math and we were encouraged to ask all the questions we wanted.........but never in religion. We were spoon fed what they wanted us to know and the repetativeness drilled it into us.

Spending time outside the classroom during religion became a past time to me. I enjoyed the sounds of the creaking bones of the school in the dead silence of the long hallway, sometimes I would hear a door open at the other end with a loud echoing thud or hear voices from distant classrooms.

Oh the memories!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549345 Jul 15, 2014
Back before breakaway Jews created the one-god dogma ... the Jews believed in many Gods.

Their stories were silly by today's concepts of reality ... but they had no way of knowing that their stories WERE silly, because their stories were all that they had.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Myths and Myth-Makers – Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology … John Fiske

According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549346 Jul 15, 2014
What is the atheist church?

By S. Michael Houdmann, Got Questions Ministries

Atheist comedians Sanderson Jones and Pippa Evans, founders of the atheist “church” known as “Sunday Assembly,” following their success in England, have begun an attempt to start additional atheist churches in the United States and Australia. Dozens of congregations have popped up. While some in the media are referring to them as “atheist mega churches,” for the most part, there is nothing “mega” about them. But, whatever the case, this is a very interesting trend.

The official website of Sunday Assembly - www.sundayassembly.com - states the following:

“The Sunday Assembly is a godless congregation that celebrates life. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more. Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfill their full potential. Our vision: a godless congregation in every town, city and village that wants one.”

Whether the comedian founders of this movement are at all serious remains to be seen. But, the fact that some people are attending these meetings, and apparently enjoying them, does demonstrate that there is at least somewhat of a need for atheist “churches.” After all, Jones himself has said,“If you think about church, there’s very little that’s bad. It’s singing awesome songs, hearing interesting talks, thinking about improving yourself and helping other people …”

Interestingly, there does not appear to be much opposition to this idea from Christians. Rather, atheists are by far the more vocal dissenters. Many atheists seem to hate the concept of an atheist church because:(1) atheists do not need the psychological crutch that church provides, and (2) the idea of an atheist church gives ammunition to those who declare atheism as much of a religion as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.

What do I think of the Sunday Assembly “atheist church” movement? I do not expect that it will endure. I anticipate that it will eventually die out once people get tired of mocking church-goers. It is not the first attempt to create an atheist “church”(see The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster), and it won’t be the last.

An atheist church is ultimately meaningless because that is what atheism produces – meaninglessness. Let’s break down the purpose statement of the Sunday Assembly movement.

cont.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549347 Jul 15, 2014
cont

“The Sunday Assembly is a godless congregation that celebrates life.” Life? What is life? We are nothing but somewhat evolved blobs of biological goop. Life is an illusion of random processes firing in such a way that they appear to produce a sentient creature.

”Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more.” Live better? Better than what? Who gets to define what is better?“Better” is a relative and meaningless concept without an objective standard. Help? Why? Help another purposeless biological blob do what? Extend a meaningless life? Make an empty, vain, and pointless life slightly more enjoyable? Wonder? About what? Why? Wondering, i.e. thinking, is nothing but random and pointless electrical pulses traveling through a biological computer.

”Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfill their full potential.” Potential? For what? To die and return to the dust from which we purposelessly evolved over the course of the past 14 billion years?

If there is any sincerity to this atheist church movement, it is terribly misguided. For the Christian, it is not “singing awesome songs” or “hearing interesting talks” or “thinking about improving yourself” or “helping other people” that gives life meaning and purpose. An atheist can replicate the trappings of the church easily enough, but doing so will never solve the true problem. It will never fill the spiritual hole at the core of our being.

An atheist attending “church” and using its activities to fix the aching emptiness he/she feels is like a patient with terminal sickness thinking walking through the doors of a hospital will somehow cure the disease. And, to make matters worse, it is not even a real hospital. It is a cruel joke.

Truly,“The fool says in his heart,‘There is no God.’”(Psalm 14:1)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549348 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in catholic grade school I quickly became very outspoken in religion class. Started 3rd day of grade 1, and carried on for the next 8 years.
..... The teachers would teach us from the catechism and we were not to question. not to ask why, something happened or occured or what was told to us. I was often wrongfully accused of disrupting the class. The next subject was spelling, then math and we were encouraged to ask all the questions we wanted.........but never in religion. We were spoon fed what they wanted us to know and the repetativeness drilled it into us.
Spending time outside the classroom during religion became a past time to me. I enjoyed the sounds of the creaking bones of the school in the dead silence of the long hallway, sometimes I would hear a door open at the other end with a loud echoing thud or hear voices from distant classrooms.
Oh the memories!
Thanks for sharing.

I conversed with a woman a short while back who was badly damaged by religion. She said she was forced to go to church, and when she entered the church a feeling of oppression engulfed her. She could ask questions of her parents, but they always made her feel that her questions were stupid and not worthy of attention.

I know now that I was fortunate. My mother asked me if I wanted to go to church and I was eager to go, because I wanted to learn why what the preachers preached made no sense to me.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549349 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Back before breakaway Jews created the one-god dogma ... the Jews believed in many Gods.
Their stories were silly by today's concepts of reality ... but they had no way of knowing that their stories WERE silly, because their stories were all that they had.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Myths and Myth-Makers – Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology … John Fiske
According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.
And all you have is your atheism. What's the difference?

Why is it that after 70 years in some church, you don't know the basics of the Bible?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549350 Jul 15, 2014
Bible Verse of the Day
44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
John 5:44-46 (KJV)
cont
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549351 Jul 15, 2014
A daily devotional for July 15th
Read the Scripture: Acts 19:21-20:1
close
After the uproar had ceased, Paul sent for the disciples, and when he had exhorted them and taken his leave of them, he left to go to Macedonia. Acts 20:1
Paul is eager to explain to the Christians this whole uproarious riot that had just taken place in Ephesus. There is something about it he does not want them to miss, so he calls them together and exhorts them before he leaves. Luke does not tell us what that exhortation consisted of, but I believe that Paul does. There is a passage in his second letter to the Corinthians which refers to this very occasion. In 2 Corinthians 1:8 Paul says,“For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of the affliction we experienced in Asia; for we were so utterly, unbearably crushed that we despaired of life itself”(2 Cor. 1:8 RSV).
Put yourself back with the apostle into the midst of this tremendous uproar. It had appeared for a while that the gospel had so triumphed in Ephesus that Paul could think of leaving and going on to other places. Then this riot suddenly occurred, seeming to threaten the entire cause of Christ, and putting the Christians in great danger. Paul is crushed and distressed. His life is in danger. This crowd is so wild, so uncontrollable that for a few hours it looks as though they might just sweep through the city and wipe out every Christian in Ephesus. Paul says,“...we were so utterly, unbearably crushed that we despaired of life itself. Why, we felt that we had received the sentence of death...”(2 Cor. 1:8b-9a RSV) He could not see any way out. It looked as if he had reached the end of the road. But God had a purpose:“...but that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.”(2 Cor. 1:9b RSV)
That is the very heart of the Christian message, as Paul will go on to explain in this letter.“Our sufficiency is not of ourselves,” he says (2 Cor. 3:5). His explanation to these young converts in Ephesus was unquestionably along this line. He was saying to them,“God has sent this event, has allowed it to happen to teach us that he is able to handle things when they get far beyond any human control. When our circumstances get way out of order, far beyond our own resources, God is able. He has taught us this so that we will not rely on ourselves but upon him who raises the dead, who works in us to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ask or think, according to the power at work within us.”
What an awareness this apostle had of the fantastic strength of the body of Christ working together, praying together, supporting one another, upholding each other in prayer and thus calling into action the mighty power of the God of resurrection, who can work through the most unexpected instruments to quiet a situation, to hold a crowd in restraint, to stop the surging emotionalism of people whose reasoning has been short-circuited, to hold them within limits and bounds, and to bring the whole affair to nothing! This is the might of our God.
This is what we can learn from this situation, as we too come into times of danger and pressure and trouble. The difficulties which strike suddenly in our lives, the pressures through which we must go, the sudden catastrophes that come roaring in out of the blue — these are sent so that we might rely not on ourselves but on God.
Thank you, Father, for those trials and difficulties you bring into my life which teach me to depend not on myself but on you.

Life Application:'Safety first' is not the Christian logo! Do we need to be disabused of the notion that authentic Christian living means immunity from hardship, persecution and suffering? Are we taking up the whole armor of God, trusting Him to do battle through us -- or are we resisting the very adventure to which we are called?
We hope you were blessed by this daily devotional.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549352 Jul 15, 2014
I conversed with a man recently who spent two years in a Catholic Seminary. He is now an Atheist.

After a lengthy silence, he confessed to me that in hindsight he NEVER really believed that what they taught was true.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549353 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that after 70 years in some church, you don't know the basics of the Bible?
The basics of the bible is lies. I don't want to believe that that trash is based on universal truth.

I didn't want it as a child ... and I don't want it now.

Why is it you believe all other religions are based on lies and YOURS is based on universal truth???

Do you EVER ask your self that question???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book-Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.

To the self-appointed messiah, the world outside of the group is evil—hostile, materialistic, unspiritual, depraved—in sum, godless.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549354 Jul 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK YOU POST bad Catholics,th e y post bad Protestants, over and over , each side pointing fingers..DIES THAT HELP?
Working with offenders,was,his job.....working with victims, his,own effort regarding Nick.
And folks,have jobs they just put in time,at ...NICK tried to chAnge things, big difference .
What DO YOU DO? With your constant thinking and posting..it obviously affected you..so do something ..useful ..is,what I'm saying ..these,Catholics here? Does,posting to them do anything but start fights ...that's,what I'm saying ...
It's awful ..I'm.not afraid to hear it...it should never happen TO ONE,CHILD...talking about it here, as far as I see , serves no useful purpose.....just stirring up animosity .
I posted to them.and now,posted to you.. peace
~~~

AS A CALLED MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY TO PRESENT GOD'S WORD..

.Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and

how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

MY CHARGE IS

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549355 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
And all you have is your atheism. What's the difference?
You state that Jews were not polytheists.

Now you change the subject.

Try addressing the "subject" of my post ... if you dare.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

June VanDerMark wrote:

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549356 Jul 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AS A CALLED MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY TO PRESENT GOD'S WORD..
You are using Catholic scriptures to promote your Protestant religion, while you preach at the Catholics that they are evil and that Jesus and God will reject them to hell.

Hilarious!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 29 min TgClk 52,180
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 992,033
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale1 286,691
I don't know Kenneth Copeland personally.......... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 5 hr Holy dr Shrink 28
How do international cellular connections work? 5 hr evan43 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Holy dr Shrink 445,997
More from around the web