Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688394 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Westminster, Australia

#549291 Jul 15, 2014
no
you asked something deference before
coin with two side
then you liked hear about your penny
church teach people
give to king what is belong to him
give to the church or god what is belong there
still you forget law
Jesus come fulfill law=love

Did you ever see heart with two side as coin?
If you know its written, not lift up your soul in vain!
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549293 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll give you my worship Jesus ... but ONLY because I put complete faith in the "FACT" that you have the power to reject me to hell. Amen."
Maybe that was your approach. As you can see, it gets you nowhere.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#549294 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick did not do this on his own time or as a good samaratin. This was Nicks employment. What he did for a living.
Its important to talk about issues that come up. All the media reports on these issues constantly to keep us abreast of what to aware of. Claiming that its time to STOP talking about it because you don't want to hear the latest information makes me wonder what is your fear in knowing?
Not talking about such issues is why these stories were allowed to go on for so many years undetected causing the pain and suffering they did.
No one is gloating, and it should be exposed for what it is, disgusting.
IMO praying is a waste of time. Do you actually believe when you pray that somehow the victim in their mind knows you are praying for them and makes them feel better? Come on! Billions of prayers for these victims hasn't taken away much of their pain or changed many lives. Strong Justice is the only solution.
Keep praying if you must, but its only making you feel good for doing so.
Wrong..... Nick on his own time started the first Batters group in our city working with the Womens Shelter and also on his own time did mediation between victims and their offenders at the State Prison.He not only worked with sex offenders he work with victims of any crime including murder. He traveled through out the state of Pa. and Out of Sate on his own time with his own money and did these extra things without pay. He developed the first Juvenile sex offender program for the state that are now being used throughout the juvenile system, while working for the state and got no credit for it. He won National and State Awards for the work he did. I have all the original treatment plans, programs and 33 years of everything he ever wrote about sex offenders, victims, gang violence etc....YOU know nothing of Nick. Working with sex offenders as his job was only a very small part of what he did in his life time....Do not speak of knowing what he did when you do not.....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549295 Jul 15, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Our humanity. Don't be silly, morality doesn't come from anywhere else but humans.
<quoted text>
Only a Christian who doesn't believe in humanity would write the above - it's quite appalling to think that you actually attribute your morality to some imagined being.
All morality comes from people. We're a social animal, we have rules to govern social behavior. Further, each of us knows - baring psychopaths - that the other has emotions, feels pain and love, just like we do. So we understand what it is to hurt others and we avoid it.
Then does an amoral society destroy itself because it is not human?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549296 Jul 15, 2014
truth wrote:
Did you know someone who return from heaven?
Many who had near-death experiences claimed they went to visit utopia ... and others that had the same type of trauma, stated they went to hell and back.

I believe that had they not previously been taught of the existence of heavens and hells ... they would have no explanation of what occurred to them when their brain-cells were traumatized.

One man whose organs were already allotted to others by his family because the equipment checking his brain was flat-lined ... came out of his coma just before being embalmed, and later stated (verbatim) the words ... "I guess my brain was just taking a break."

Brain cells that are dead, do not come back to life.

I suggest this having gone to heaven or hell and back is simply nonsense.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549297 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What fears???
I don't believe in the existence of a hell ... Christian or Islam or any others.
I trust that if I try to be decent to others ... I will die with my mind in peace.
My belief is that if each day I never be deceptive to others, they will see that I mean no harm to them ... and that behavior will work to my favor. They will not see me as a threat to them and their families, and most of them will reciprocate back to me the kindness I try my best to show to them.
Does that mindset resonate evil to you???
The way we treat others is very important. I don't believe all Hindu's, Catholics, Muslims etc, are evil.

Location hidden

#549298 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Just as did the popes and Martin Luther et cetera preached religion for a living.
Had they been starving, as were the peasants, they would have been begging for food from others in their hopes of staying alive ON EARTH.
Your boat has a hole in it and is sinking fast...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549299 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? John the Baptist was Catholic? There is not one scripture calling any specific person a "saint". Baptism does not seem to be an "odd feast" to me. Baptism was practiced before Christ was born and had nothing to do with a "feast". I;m hesitant to speakof the Holy Spirit because I don't want you to say things out of ignorance or hate concerning the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
The scriptures tell us why Christ was baptised. John even protested saying "I should be baptised by you".
The word "saint" was used in the Old and New Testaments. Just because a church changes the meaning of saint does not mean we cannot read scripture and determine what the scriptures are speaking of.
Everything Christ did and said was for us, not Himself.
Who do you believe wrote the new testament? What were their names???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549300 Jul 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.

Location hidden

#549301 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stick with the interpretation that pleases me ... not you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Priori
A Priori is a philosophical term that is used in several different ways. The term is suppose to mean knowledge that is gained through deduction, and not through empirical evidence.
https://www.google.ca/ ...
You always do....Remember it is used in several different ways.....but google wants you to believe it is only one way.....Hmmmm. Does that make google your god?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#549302 Jul 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see your post, but priests marrying ?? It's really way down on my list of things I'm concerned about ...
Paul gave instructions, each person makes his own choices Marge ..
Was thinking when the catholics realize much of their churches dogma is unbiblical, they might come out her and their eyes be opened.

Location hidden

#549303 Jul 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick did not do this on his own time or as a good samaratin. This was Nicks employment. What he did for a living.
Its important to talk about issues that come up. All the media reports on these issues constantly to keep us abreast of what to aware of. Claiming that its time to STOP talking about it because you don't want to hear the latest information makes me wonder what is your fear in knowing?
Not talking about such issues is why these stories were allowed to go on for so many years undetected causing the pain and suffering they did.
No one is gloating, and it should be exposed for what it is, disgusting.
IMO praying is a waste of time. Do you actually believe when you pray that somehow the victim in their mind knows you are praying for them and makes them feel better? Come on! Billions of prayers for these victims hasn't taken away much of their pain or changed many lives. Strong Justice is the only solution.
Keep praying if you must, but its only making you feel good for doing so.
You only want to continue with the same topix over and over again. You speaking of what YOU believe Nick did in his life proves that you are clueless on the topix of most other things...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549304 Jul 15, 2014
This neurosurgeon had a near-death experience. Before he had his "experience" he was convinced that other people who had NDEs were simply hallucinating. But when he had HIS NDE, he was certain HE had visited HEAVEN.

Of course it would have been Baptist-heaven.

Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Proof of Heaven, by Eben Alexander, M. D.

As a young boy, I’d worshipped my father, who was chief of staff for twenty years at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.

Location hidden

#549305 Jul 15, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, that clears things up quite a bit.
How sad for him that he didn't escape.
Of course June has her own take on who I am, but beyond Christianity, in different beliefs, I have studied Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Islam...., amongst other more philosophical interests....

Jainism and Buddhism come closest to being atheistic, although sects of Hinduism of course have them as well.

If one were to define all that into one package, it goes beyond what June can accept, and so goes the antagonism against what she does not understand....

At the present I just call myself a Christian for the sake of simplicity, in faith and beliefs.

Location hidden

#549306 Jul 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY ARE BOTH PARABLES..
PARABLE DEFINED
PAR'ABLE, n.[L. parabola; Gr. to throw forward or against, to compare to or against; as in confero, collatum, to set together, or one thing with another.] A fable or allegorical relation or representation of something real in life or nature, from which a moral is drawn for instruction; such as the parable of the trees choosing a king, Judg 9; the parable of the poor man and his lamb. 2 Sam 12; the parable of the ten virgins, Mat 25.
THEY PRESENT A PARABLE OF SUFFERING LOSS....AND THE JOY OF FINDING THAT WHICH WAS LOST..
.AS THERE IS REJOICING IN HEAVEN
WHEN A SOUL THAT WAS LOST IS SAVED
Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
(NOTE)
Luk 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luk 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
Luk 15:9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
(NOTE)
Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Parallel verse:
How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

This teaches the great concern that Christ exercised for lost man in leaving heaven and coming into the world to seek and to save him from destruction,-- even at the expense of his own comfort and life.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549307 Jul 15, 2014
Had this woman of the Catholic faith not been "conditioned" before her NDE ... she would not have known words such as Jesus and nuns, et cetera.

Information IN and the same information back OUT.

Had she been a Muslim who had the same type of experience, she would have thought she had seen the Mahdi as her savior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

BETTY J. EADIE The Awakening Heart.

At the time of my death, I left my body and traveled through a tunnel that stretches between earth and our heavenly home. I was drawn toward a figure of brilliant, radiant light, whom I recognized as my savior, Jesus Christ.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549308 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews created the monotheistic image of a god that you now profess to worship as a Protestant.
STOP stealing the god-image that the Jews created YOU THIEF and have the decency to create your own god in your Protestant Christian image.
All of you Christian-thieves tell the same story ... and that IS that the Jews won't be saved by the god unless they first become Christian as did Jesus ... of all the idiocy!!!
The Jews didn't create a god. Before the existence of Jews, there was Abraham. Abraham's father believed in idols, but God spoke to Abraham and Abraham believed Him. Before Abraham, there was Noah. Before Noah there was Adam.

Your "truth" that Jesus was a Chrsitian is one of the most idiotic things you've said. To say Christ became a Christian just shows your ignorance of scripture.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549309 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
You always do....Remember it is used in several different ways.....but google wants you to believe it is only one way.....Hmmmm. Does that make google your god?
You admit that the word priori is USED in several different ways. I like my way better and you like your way better.

I like Atheism better, and you like your Catholic religion better.

I'm not you and you're not me.
truth

Westminster, Australia

#549310 Jul 15, 2014
many catholic thinks as it is
who can and who can't you judging behind that..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549311 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Then does an amoral society destroy itself because it is not human?
~~~

THERE ARE THOSE TODAY THAT LIVE LIKE ANIMALS...and act like brute beasts,

Jude the brother of Jesus wrote

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally,

-->as brute beasts, <---

in those things they corrupt themselves.

Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

(NOTE)
Jud 1:16 These are murmurers,
complainers,
walking after their own lusts; and
their mouth speaketh great swelling words,
having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Mr Wiggley 35,905
How did black people get here ( economically) 24 min Johnny 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min scienceanswersall 988,346
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr BOBBakatheboob 619,807
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 1 hr Chinamen Bowl Hat 54
Learn To Make Your Own Dental Partials At Home (Jul '13) 1 hr I saved 2 dollars 6
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr scienceanswersall 6,538
More from around the web