Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Nelson

Champaign, IL

#549199 Jul 14, 2014
YC Garrett wrote:
Has Elizabeth been living in a cave? The catholic church has always been hateful and prejudiced. The present pope said last year that the Protestant Church is the scourge of Christianity. Awe yes, wise words from the leader of a loving church. Gee, what would Jesus say. Obviously the pope hasn't a clue!
That depends if you read the bible. Would Jesus be speaking to the pharisees or the money changers? Don't act like Yeshusa was Ghandi.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549200 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that people who kill each other as heretics and infidels in the belief that a god will reward them with eternal bliss in a hereafter are SANE???
June

If an insane person, or one who decided I must die, then I would do all within my means to prevent then from achieving their purpose. And that goes for others as well....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549201 Jul 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
The bankruptcy of a fool.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549202 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Your knowledge of the New Testament is lacking and the idiocy is yours. The New Testament does not promote hatred for the Jews.
According to ALL Christians Jesus became a Christian and left his Judaism to the deceivers which were the Jews.

Jesus had to be a Christian to be saved and purified for Christian heaven and that meant de-Judaizing him. The early Christians claimed that the Jews faithful to Judaism SUFFERED from Judaizing DISEASE.

You really need to understand WHY the Catholics NEEDED a new testament, and you won't find it by focusing on words IN the bible to lead you to believe that Christians are special to the reformed god who used to love ONLY the Jews.

Religion is based not on one lie ... but rather on a continual string of LIES.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549203 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're RIGHT. It's about you preaching that you would be a great leader on earth and in Protestant heaven.
Hilarious!
Typical atheist. People respond to your posts and you twist their words. Why is stating your disbelief acceptable but someone who believes is "preaching" when they state theirs? Do you really think everyone who believes in God and Christ are out to convert you? Wrong!

Hebrews 6 : 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Prince George, Canada

#549204 Jul 14, 2014
Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends if you read the bible. Would Jesus be speaking to the pharisees or the money changers? Don't act like Yeshusa was Ghandi.
Bunk!!!

Even the Catholics admitted that they stole the Greek word Ihcuc from the Greeks to in turn morph the word into the word Jesus.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Prince George, Canada

#549205 Jul 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
If an insane person, or one who decided I must die, then I would do all within my means to prevent then from achieving their purpose. And that goes for others as well....
Please TRY to stay focused long enough to answer my question Robert.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Do you believe that people who kill each other as heretics and infidels in the belief that a god will reward them with eternal bliss in a hereafter are SANE???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549206 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe that his final word will be heaven for Protestant you and hell for all others.
Then you can gloat from heaven at us heathens writhing in hell and gnashing our evil invisible teeth ... and say "I TOLD YOU SO!"
:)
Where one spends eternity is not decided by God, His last Word, being a Protestant, Catholic or any other denomination...it is a decision that each individual makes...God only provides the accommodations...and you know that...

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

believeth: to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):

Prince George, Canada

#549207 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical atheist. People respond to your posts and you twist their words. Why is stating your disbelief acceptable but someone who believes is "preaching" when they state theirs? Do you really think everyone who believes in God and Christ are out to convert you? Wrong!
Hebrews 6 : 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
You are here to preach religious literature written by men with no more brains than tadpoles as being based on truth ... and I am here to disagree with you.

If you believe that I twist your words ... then be assured that I believe Christians twisted the words of the Jewish theologians ... so we are then EVEN ... RIGHT???

I can play the game TOO ... can't I???

Don't be selfish now.

Location hidden

#549208 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean you don't WANT to go to Protestantized heaven???
Did you pass that message on to Jesus and God???
Woe be unto YE!!! According to the Christian philosophy Jesus only loves those who WANT to be with him.
Now you may have hurt his feelings.
:)
No...it means now what it meant earlier...your words are a crock...

Quote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you don't "want" my advice.
I guarantee that if you hadn't been born, if Jesus and God exist, they would get along quite well without you telling us what they think.

Location hidden

#549209 Jul 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
The bankruptcy of a fool.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.

Prince George, Canada

#549210 Jul 14, 2014
I suggest the following is modernized Judaism-lite.

The original Hebrews were determined to end polytheism and make their one-god image into the one and ONLY universal truth. And THAT meant that if you weren't a follower of Judaism's ONE GOD ... your fate would be Gehenna.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Judaism

Judaism teaches that God chose the Jewish people to be in a unique covenant with God, and one of their beliefs is that Jewish people were charged by the Torah with a specific mission — to be a light unto the nations, and to exemplify the covenant with God as described in the Torah to other nations. Not explicitly a Universalist theology, this view, however, does not preclude a belief that God also has a relationship with other peoples—rather, Judaism holds that God had entered into a covenant with all humanity as Noachides, and that Jews and non-Jews alike have a relationship with God, as well as being universal in the sense that it is open to all mankind.[5]

The Jewish Spiritual Leaders Institute founded and led by American Jewish Universalist rabbi Steven Blane believes in a more inclusive version of Jewish Universalism, stating that "God equally chose all nations to be lights unto the world, and we have much to learn and share with each other. We can only accomplish Tikkun Olam by our unconditional acceptance of each other's peaceful doctrines."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism#Abr...
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549211 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to ALL Christians Jesus became a Christian and left his Judaism to the deceivers which were the Jews.
Jesus had to be a Christian to be saved and purified for Christian heaven and that meant de-Judaizing him. The early Christians claimed that the Jews faithful to Judaism SUFFERED from Judaizing DISEASE.
You really need to understand WHY the Catholics NEEDED a new testament, and you won't find it by focusing on words IN the bible to lead you to believe that Christians are special to the reformed god who used to love ONLY the Jews.
Religion is based not on one lie ... but rather on a continual string of LIES.
You're wrong. What you're posting is insane. Your idea that Christ came to concern Himself with religion is nuts. Show me anyhing that proves your claim All Christians believe what YOU say. Your credibility is waning. You just spout whatever comes to your mind at the moment. It's doubtful you even believe everythng you say.

Prince George, Canada

#549212 Jul 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No...it means now what it meant earlier...your words are a crock...
Quote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you don't "want" my advice.
I guarantee that if you hadn't been born, if Jesus and God exist, they would get along quite well without you telling us what they think.
I understand that you believe that Jesus and God NEED you to preach your Protestant religion at others as universal truth Oxbow ... Honestly ... I DO understand that you took that impression from your KJV.

I also have a KJV bible that my dear departed Mother passed on to me, but I didn’t FALL for their LINES of flattery as did you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549213 Jul 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are here to preach religious literature written by men with no more brains than tadpoles as being based on truth ... and I am here to disagree with you.
If you believe that I twist your words ... then be assured that I believe Christians twisted the words of the Jewish theologians ... so we are then EVEN ... RIGHT???
I can play the game TOO ... can't I???
Don't be selfish now.
You're here to preach atheism. What's the difference? I'll state my case as I know you'll stae yours.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#549214 Jul 14, 2014
state
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549215 Jul 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that this " pointing of fingers" began with EVERY anti-Catholic who came on this forum to attack, condemn, criticize and (rip into) our Catholic faith and Jesus Christ's Apostolic Catholic Church.......So why are you here RoSesz???.......It seem quite obvious that you are here to do the same.!!.....Michael (no doubt) is here for the same reason!...(NONE of you anti-Catholics are here to learn ANYTHING True about the Catholic Church other than attack it).........According to you non- Catholics, we(as Catholics) are suppose to sit " passively and idly by" while every Tom, Dick Harry,----agnostic, atheist and bible only Protestant take "bashing -pot shots" at the Catholic Church ---with their (ALREADY ingrained anti -Catholic hostility and hatred)..Sorry to disappoint you but for over 450 years since the Reformation this Anti-Catholic bashing has been going on----without response......Well.....the Protestant party of (unchallenged) Propaganda against the Catholic Church is OVER!!!If you agnostics,atheists and bible only anti-Catholics Protestants" can't take the heat" then get out of the kitchen!
....(lol). Why should your church not be criticized when things go wrong?

.....Your church leaders have done a great job of helping catholics to walk away.

.....Pope Francis says 2% of priests/bishops are pedo,s. 418786 priests and bishops worldwide.. That means 8,376 Pedo clergy mixing in with everyone.

....Where is the justice?

Prince George, Canada

#549216 Jul 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where one spends eternity is not decided by God
So then are you preaching the sermon that God and Jesus won't reject me to hell for not believing in their existence and their POWER TO REJECT.

What WONDERFUL NEWS.

Thank you Oxbow. Now I KNOW your message came through.

Catholics and those in other religions and Agnostics and Atheists will be save from God's wrath ... because he just doesn't care what we believe or don't believe.

Sorry to poke fun at you ... but it's why I am here.

I want people to see the stupidity of all religion.

Prince George, Canada

#549217 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You're here to preach atheism. What's the difference? I'll state my case as I know you'll stae yours.
I'm happy that you are here.

However you are not happy that I am here.

Preachers of religion want others to believe they know the MIND of a supposed GOD.

I KNOW that I will have to wait until I die to experience whether or not I will be punished or rewarded by a creator.

I have no fear however ... while you DO have a LOT of fear ... because you have invested your complete faith in the abstract idea that a devil and hell are REAL ... and I declined when I was a child to make that investment.

Prince George, Canada

#549218 Jul 14, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. What you're posting is insane. Your idea that Christ came to concern Himself with religion is nuts.
ALL Christian theology makes it plain that Jesus was a Jewish rabbi before he came to be a supporter of ONLY Christians.

You USE the Christian bible which is based ON the Christian religion to claim that Jesus had no use for religion.

Religion drove more than a few people totally insane.

It will entangle your thoughts to a point where you will (if you're not careful) commit suicide.

Many members of clergy have committed suicide and it's becoming more prevalent each day.

Be careful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 27,626
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Toby 104,183
plzz suggest me what to do 42 min chaitanya_w91 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve 44,033
Did Prince die of cardiac arrest in his elevator?? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
the Art of B N Handsome, Cool, Rich, & Humble 2 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Steve 618,122
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 hr WasteWater 4,707
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Joe Fortuna 968,644
More from around the web