Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,383
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548739 Jul 12, 2014
"How can you recognize a religious brain-fart?"

"Ask the preacher if the source of the sermon being preached came from universal truth. If the preacher answers with the word "Yes" ... you should be able to recognize that what the preacher brags is universal truth, is simply a religious brain-fart."

United States

#548740 Jul 12, 2014
guest wrote:
-
When I decide I'll let you know.
-
-
Liam wrote:
That means you are insecure about your religious affiliation. I can't respect someone who launches anti Catholic diatribes daily, yet won't reveal their own denomination. Are you afraid there are notable sinners in your own church history? Are you afraid we'll find out the founder of your sect is STILL alive? It's no coincidence none of you will reveal your religious affiliation. You all answer: "we are Bible believing Christians". That's a cute diversion. Well, Im a Bible believing Catholic, so what are you?
-
-
I left the RCC because of her bloody history - I'm not about to join another if it DOES have bloody history. What would be the point?
-
But, actually the founder of my sect IS still alive. Jesus Christ. If you were truly Christian you'd know that.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#548741 Jul 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you can't BE a REAL Christian.
The popes and Martin Luther and John Calvin and all the Puritans killed each other as heretics, claiming that it was God's will.
Apparently it was written somewhere in their HOLY literature.
If you can't find it, that is not my problem.
He's trying to say , As are a lot of us...He believes Jesus Christ is our Saviour...he is a Christian.
Follow,this...Jesus NEVER SAID TO KILL ANYONE IN HIS NAME ...

If you are going to argue June,
It should be related to what the person you are arguing with ACTUALLY said, or else it's,just talking to YOURSELF about IMAGINED conversations.

And once again, YOU need it CHOOSE to pray,KNOCK on the door and get a REAL answer from your CREATOR ...YOUR CHOICE....and ours .
You spend hours,a day condemning a God you don't believe in and those who love Him ...changed any minds,lately June??

Prince George, Canada

#548742 Jul 12, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Anthropology leads all other academic disciplines in being the most atheist. It's very difficult to have a religion when you study people. Usually we regretfully put religion into our work because our study subjects have it and find it important.
For us, religion is just another cultural system.
I suggest that to claim that all anthropologists are Atheists would be very misleading.

Many anthropologists were raised in religion and religious tendencies might still be lingering in them.

Humans tend to compartmentalize as in "This fits over here, and this fits over there."

The fact that the vatican has a "science" lab, is a case in point. The concept of a god has to fit first and foremost in THIS compartment ... and science has to take a much smaller compartment over HERE.

Prince George, Canada

#548743 Jul 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to say , As are a lot of us...He believes Jesus Christ is our Saviour...he is a Christian.
Follow,this...Jesus NEVER SAID TO KILL ANYONE IN HIS NAME ...
If you are going to argue June,
It should be related to what the person you are arguing with ACTUALLY said, or else it's,just talking to YOURSELF about IMAGINED conversations.
And once again, YOU need it CHOOSE to pray,KNOCK on the door and get a REAL answer from your CREATOR ...YOUR CHOICE....and ours .
You spend hours,a day condemning a God you don't believe in and those who love Him ...changed any minds,lately June??
Blah, Blah, Blah!!!

If you were honest, you would admit that you don't even believe that Catholics will be allowed in heaven ... and they DO believe in Jesus.

You are a fraud!

Prince George, Canada

#548744 Jul 12, 2014
guest wrote:
<
I left the RCC because of her bloody history
You are another fraud.

The history of the Protestant religion is every bit as brutal as the history of the Catholics.

The only difference is, the Protestants were stopped short of their goals to kill others as heretics. While the Catholic-Christians ruled supreme from the fourth century to the sixteenth century.

Catholics had more time to shed more blood.

Prince George, Canada

#548745 Jul 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
changed any minds,lately June??
I hope so. I don't want people to keep fighting and killing each other over who the one god in sky loves and who he will reject to eternal hell.

Nothing good comes from it whatsoever.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548746 Jul 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that to claim that all anthropologists are Atheists would be very misleading.
I didn't make that claim. Re-read what I wrote.
Many anthropologists were raised in religion and religious tendencies might still be lingering in them.
So what? That doesn't change that anthropology has the least amount of religious people in it for any academic discipline. We beat out evolutionary biologists for greatest percentage of atheists.
Humans tend to compartmentalize as in "This fits over here, and this fits over there."
Anthropologists are quite aware of that, thank you.
The fact that the vatican has a "science" lab, is a case in point. The concept of a god has to fit first and foremost in THIS compartment ... and science has to take a much smaller compartment over HERE.
Poor comparison. The Vatican does so for historical reasons - and reasons of legitimacy.

Anthropologists are atheists because we study human behavior. We analyze religion as a cultural construct, not as a reality. There's no theology in anthropology.

Prince George, Canada

#548747 Jul 12, 2014
Day after day Catholics and Protestants insult each other as not knowing universal truth.

I insult both factions as not knowing, and then both factions become angry at me for not taking one side or the other.

And they refer to those habits as being based on LOVE.

Prince George, Canada

#548748 Jul 12, 2014
Preacher of religion ... "Don't tell ME that I don't know universal truth!"
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#548749 Jul 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The literal meaning is that the Lord creates evil.
You can spin the words however else that pleases you ... but it is plain in the above that the theology states that the Lord DOES create evil.
That is how words trick the interpreter and caused many people to kill innocent humans as heretics.
By the way ... where in the bible does it state that Catholics and Protestants were supposed to kill heretics???
WHERE???
They must have found it somewhere ... RIGHT???
It's your literal meaning. What I gave you concerning the Hebrew translation and the root word for "evil", is verifiable if you took the time. If there is good there has to be bad. God also created darkness and light. There wouldn't be one without the other.

The Bible says nothing about Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Baptist etc. Men divided themselves, not God.

I would never believe in a god as you describe him/it to be.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#548750 Jul 12, 2014
guest wrote:
still more:
“My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago — a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.
“Then indeed when Rome collapsed there were endless streams of new German bands flowing into the Empire from the North; but, if Germany collapses today, who is there to come after us? German blood upon this earth is on the way to gradual exhaustion unless we pull ourselves together and make ourselves free!
“And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited.”
( Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered at Munich, April 12, 1922; from Norman H. Baynes, ed., The Speeches of Adolf Hitler: April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1, New York: Oxford University Press, 1942, pp. 19-20.)
Some see this tyrant as a type of the anti Christ , obviously spouting CHRIST while putting HIMSELF as if he were a deity. Was he possessed , who knows. He was certainly evil and in the end a coward ...

One thing I've always wondered about . With all that Lebensborn Aryan breeding farm , Aryan superiority ..tall blond breeders for the motherland ??? Did he ever look in a mirror?

United States

#548751 Jul 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
Looks like you're a follower of author Dave Hunt? Wow. Everything you posted above is straight from this man's arsenal. Its all slander. It seems Hunt would blame the Catholic Church for the Vietnam War because a Roman Catholic president (John F. Kennedy) sent the first troops over.
Dave Hunt was a fanatic. He died last year, but not after making a career of bearing false witness against the Catholic Church.
Here is a debate I listened to this morning while ripping up my kitchen floor. Its a two hour debate between Hunt and Kieth Fournier. Dave is exposed throughout as a liar. The Catholic Fournier, was led to this debate under a false pretense. He thought he was going to discuss his new book, but ended up on a podium in a debate format. Not surprising that Dave Hunt would try and sucker punch a Catholic. However, Mr. Hunt was the one who was blind sided by a well informed lawyer/Catholic.(who is now a Deacon)
What's disturbing to me is that I watched an earlier debate between Hunt and Karl Keating. It was the same ol' allegations. He threw the same ol' slander at Keating and was corrected on his misrepresentation of Catholicism. Yet....as you see here in this later debate, Dave Hunt completely ignored what Keating said, and used the same misrepresentations again. To me, that is the most disturbing thing about you people. You STILL misrepresent what the CC teaches.
-
Nope. Not a follower of Dave Hunt. Just Googled "Bloody History of Roman Catholicism" and got the list. There are many lists of the terror the RCC has inflicted on mankind on the internet. It's part of RCC history. Ubiquitous.
-
Liam: "To me, that is the most disturbing thing about you people. You STILL misrepresent what the CC teaches."
-
To ME, he most disturbing thing about Catholics is, they STILL misrepresent what Jesus Christ teaches.
.... while glossing over their murderous history.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#548752 Jul 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that a devil is a deceiver that actually exists, then maybe you were born-again into his EVIL spirit in the pride-filled thoughts that you were born again into the holy spirit of Jesus.
The devil plays his tricks on pride-filled devotees you know, as he's VERY crafty!
Maybe if you pray about it, the devil will answer your VAIN prayers and tell you that he is indeed Jesus and has come to save you ... for eternal bliss-ters.
Silly dogmas are meant to suit silly humans.
If people have a spirit that lives on after death, why wouldn't there be good and evil in the spirit lfe?

United States

#548753 Jul 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
Looks like you're a follower of author Dave Hunt? Wow. Everything you posted above is straight from this man's arsenal. Its all slander. It seems Hunt would blame the Catholic Church for the Vietnam War because a Roman Catholic president (John F. Kennedy) sent the first troops over.
Dave Hunt was a fanatic. He died last year, but not after making a career of bearing false witness against the Catholic Church.
Here is a debate I listened to this morning while ripping up my kitchen floor. Its a two hour debate between Hunt and Kieth Fournier. Dave is exposed throughout as a liar. The Catholic Fournier, was led to this debate under a false pretense. He thought he was going to discuss his new book, but ended up on a podium in a debate format. Not surprising that Dave Hunt would try and sucker punch a Catholic. However, Mr. Hunt was the one who was blind sided by a well informed lawyer/Catholic.(who is now a Deacon)
What's disturbing to me is that I watched an earlier debate between Hunt and Karl Keating. It was the same ol' allegations. He threw the same ol' slander at Keating and was corrected on his misrepresentation of Catholicism. Yet....as you see here in this later debate, Dave Hunt completely ignored what Keating said, and used the same misrepresentations again. To me, that is the most disturbing thing about you people. You STILL misrepresent what the CC teaches.
-
-
guest wrote:
-
Nope. Not a follower of Dave Hunt. Just Googled "Bloody History of Roman Catholicism" and got the list. There are many lists of the terror the RCC has inflicted on mankind on the internet. It's part of RCC history. Ubiquitous.
-
Liam: "To me, that is the most disturbing thing about you people. You STILL misrepresent what the CC teaches."
-
To ME, he most disturbing thing about Catholics is, they STILL misrepresent what Jesus Christ teaches.
.... while glossing over their murderous history.
-
-
Yes. Liam you can only defend the Roman Catholic Church ... you can't defend Christianity simply because the church tried to wipe it off the face of the planet.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#548754 Jul 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, have u ever stated your religious denomination? Of course not u coward. "Im a bible believing Christian".... yes yes guest. You all are. So are you most associated with Baptist, born againers, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Jehovah's, Seventh Days?? U know your cult falls under one of those categories, but you'd never admit it. Your founder was some dude, in his living room, waving a bible. Heck, you probably got video of the moment your ass got suckered into that goofy cult.
Who says??

One can believe in Jesus,Christ through the,leading of the,HOLY SPIRIT ..you think to limit that option???? HIS,POWER ...

one can attend a Church, different Church denominations, OR A NON DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH, read the bible, other works , listen to godly men .....and still NOT be IN A DENOMINATION..BUT STILL be among the believers in OUR LORD JESUS,CHRIST ...

Why on earth should this,person have to put himself in a category for you .

Just saying Clay it's between him and Our Lord.. maybe he goes to different churches to worship, where he feels close to God but has,not joined any church ....religion is kitchen same,as faith in Our Lord ...but CAN be a,part of it as it is for you

United States

#548755 Jul 12, 2014
guest wrote:
still more:
“My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago — a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.
“Then indeed when Rome collapsed there were endless streams of new German bands flowing into the Empire from the North; but, if Germany collapses today, who is there to come after us? German blood upon this earth is on the way to gradual exhaustion unless we pull ourselves together and make ourselves free!
“And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited.”
( Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered at Munich, April 12, 1922; from Norman H. Baynes, ed., The Speeches of Adolf Hitler: April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1, New York: Oxford University Press, 1942, pp. 19-20.)
-
-
RoSesz wrote:
Some see this tyrant as a type of the anti Christ , obviously spouting CHRIST while putting HIMSELF as if he were a deity. Was he possessed , who knows. He was certainly evil and in the end a coward ...
One thing I've always wondered about . With all that Lebensborn Aryan breeding farm , Aryan superiority ..tall blond breeders for the motherland ??? Did he ever look in a mirror?
-
-
Yep, a Roman Catholic tyrant whose biggest political ally was the Pope of Rome.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#548756 Jul 12, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the words of Jesus appointing St.Peter to "lead my sheep, feed my sheep" are very plain.
So why don't you comprehend their significance?
In especially solemn fashion Christ accentuated Peter's precedence among the Apostles, when, after Peter had recognized Him as the Messiah, He promised that he would be head of His flock.
Jesus was then dwelling with His Apostles in the vicinity of Caesarea Philippi, engaged on His work of salvation. As Christ's coming agreed so little in power and glory with the expectations of the Messiah, many different views concerning Him were current. While journeying along with His Apostles, Jesus asks them: "Whom do men say that the Son of man is?"
The Apostles answered: "Some John the Baptist, and other some Elias, and others Jeremias, or one of the prophets". Jesus said to them: "But whom do you say that I am?" Simon said: "Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God". And Jesus answering said to him: "Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven". Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ (Matthew 16:13-20; Mark 8:27-30; Luke 9:18-21).
By the word "rock" the Saviour cannot have meant Himself, but only Peter, as is so much more apparent in Aramaic in which the same word is used for "Peter" and "rock".
His statement then admits of but one explanation, namely, that He wishes to make Peter the head of the whole community of those who believed in Him as the true Messiah; that through this foundation (Peter) the Kingdom of Christ would be unconquerable; that the spiritual guidance of the faithful was placed in the hands of Peter, as the special representative of Christ.
This meaning becomes so much the clearer when we remember that the words "bind" and "loose" are not metaphorical, but Jewish juridical terms.
It is also clear that the position of Peter among the other Apostles and in the Christian community was the basis for the Kingdom of God on earth, that is, the Church of Christ. Peter was personally installed as Head of the Apostles by Christ Himself.
This foundation created for The Catholic Church by its Founder Jesus Christ could not disappear with the person of Peter, but was intended to continue and does continue (as actual history shows) in the primacy of the Roman Church and its bishops.
Can you refute any of that will actual fact?
Just on the subject of succession..
What of successors who were not fit to kiss Peters FEET, ie Birgia,pope, or when there was confusion of who was pope. I had learned the Holy Spirit decides through the Cardinals, I don't think He causes confusion or makes mistakes. This is troubling ..

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#548757 Jul 12, 2014
LTM wrote:
I WHO LIKE TO ASK ALL BORN AGAIN SPIRIT FILLED CHRISTIANS TO PLEASE PRAY FOR ISRAEL.
TO HOLD THIS NATION UP IN PRAYER BEFORE GOD.
ALSO PRAY FOR CANADA AND AMERICA TO STAND FIRMLY BEHIND THE JEWISH PEOPLE.
THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW THE BIBLE WILL UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO DO SO.
WE MUST PRAY FOR JERUSALM , THE CITY OF OUR GREAT KING.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Elaine
Amen, Elaine. We must stand by our ally, Israel..I have been convinced for years this is one reason the,Lord has,blessed this country ..he knew we would play a part in the return of His,people. If we should fail, woe be to us.

I shall bless those,who bless you and curse those who curse you.

GOD DOES NOT break His covenants ever ...

It's hard to stomach seeing Israel condemned for trying to stop those,shooting rockets at them...
Imo they should regain GAZA and not give it back ....this time. Shame on the UN ...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548758 Jul 12, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:

<quoted text>
Yes, the words of Jesus appointing St.Peter to "lead my sheep, feed my sheep" are very plain.
So why don't you comprehend their significance?

ME; why don't you? when Jesus is talking about the "sheep", he is talking about primarily, the House of Israel.

therefore He is talking about peter being the Apostle to the jews, and He made it plain that Paul was the apostle to the gentiles(Born Again),

WHICH ELIMINATES THE catholics, who have only the apostle judas to be their leader.lol

the apostle who only cared and cares for money for his coffers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hidingfromyou 793,734
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Pegasus 267,306
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 35 min Marlowe 442,004
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 42 min Mandela 460
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 57 min Rosa_Winkel 97,429
onfİlmİzle (Jan '14) 1 hr onfilmizle 19
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Rathore 38,052
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Black Thunder 42 607,067
Scientific proof for God's existence 6 hr mariayr 492
More from around the web