Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600254 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#548428 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:
and the "history" of the Catholic church DOES check out?
How so?
-
some *non-existent* history:
http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/crusa ...
The Crusades
Crusades - What were the Crusades?
The Crusades were a series of Holy Wars launched by the Christian states of Europe against the Saracens who were Muslims. The term 'Saracen' was the word used to describe a Moslem during the time of Crusades. Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the meeting of the Council of Claremont. The preaching of the pope led to many thousands of Medieval people immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'. For full details, facts and information about Crusades click one of the following links:
-
-
Liam wrote:
You have the history if my church ( I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), now let me see the history of yours?
-
-
*history* is written by the aggressor.
The RCC being the aggressor, wrote the fluff piece you choose to believe.
-
Case in point:
United States "History" vs. Native American History.
-
U.S. "History" has this country being blessed by God and founded on Godly principles.
Native American history, has White Europeans as terrorists.
-
-
Same with True Christianity as versus Catholicism.
Catholics - being the aggressors, "wrote" the history.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548429 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to up your game, dummy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548430 Jul 10, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
Question..
What is your point that you are attempting to prove?
Would you please give some relevance .
..I see no connection between the scripture I gave and the one that you have posted..
From my point of view.....You evidently need to be born again...You appear dead to the word of God.
Your attitude stinks..
Why do you continue to call another person made in the image of God
A SNAKE.
JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WROTE..
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality,
YOU need to lay your UNGODLY tongue on the altar....
.THAT IS IF YOU CAN FIND AND ALTAR LONG ENOUGH TO HOLD IT....
I call him lying snake for the same reason Christ called the Pharisees and Sadducee vipers...because that is what they were....

The point....showing how idiotic it is to randomly quote Scripture and attaching a message to it that has no connection...whatsoever....eve ry time you do so, I will respond likewise...

Chicken plucking is hazardous to your health:

Ac 1:1 ¶ The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Location hidden

#548431 Jul 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You need to up your game, dummy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#548432 Jul 10, 2014
Magic Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Praying is a waste of time. There have been enough studies, and polls that indicate praying does not heal someone, does not make them live longer lives, or avoid accidents, or change the weather forecast for your wedding or picnic. Things happen because they do.
......What praying does is make the person praying feel physcologicaly better and the person being prayed for gives them comfort in which comfort or positive thinking can actually help in a persons recovery. It has nothing to do with God.
... What about claims by billions of non christians who pray to or have prayed to their deity such as Allah, Vishnu, Zeus, Ra or any other god? Do you believe their prayers are answered by their God or is it just your God that answers prayers?
Its all so silly..........however if it makes you feel good go for it.
No idea,, however....if one prays,for healing ,FINDS a new,doc or new,treatment because,of an idea,or supposed coincidence , I don't believe in them...who is,to say God did not lead you there. Or lead the doctor..?? Not me.

Of course there is spontaneous healing...doctors,admit those who pray have better outcomes in a variety of situations.....who are,we,to limit God and how,He works...BUT He does,work in our lives...

I know,He has,done some,awesomeness,I know,of personally...call it what you will , my small miracle came from Him..He is,not restricted to healing Mike......though I do pray for that for myself and others.

We,are to put things,in HIS,HANDS...He may answer, yes,no or not now,....or it may be the end of a,persons,time on earth .....FAITH is not easy sometimes...but we are to have it.and NOT TEST GOD , either...saying I will believe in Him if he does thus and so...it's,a temptation, but not right..
HE IS LORD...we are not.

I'm.sorry you don't , truly..you have let your feelings,about the CHURCH poison your belief in GOD ..THEY ARE NOT the same at all

Location hidden

#548434 Jul 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is "you bible only fundies" who came on this forum with your man-made 42,200+ contradicting and inconsistent interpretations of the bible---for one and only one purpose!!!... To attack, ridicule, judge and rip the TRUE faith and salvation of every Catholic Christian and tespecially Jesus Christ Himself and His One True Universal Catholic Church.
If Catholics really want the Church to change direction, the best way to make the point isn’t going to be staying on the inside — the members of the Catholic hierarchy have made it very clear they don’t care about what their followers want.

The best solution for Catholics is to walk away and not look back.

They must stop giving the Church money.

They must stop sending their kids to Catholic schools.

They must stop attending Mass.

They can still believe in God without lending support to a corrupt, wicked system.

As the saying goes,“If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it’s yours. If it doesn’t, it was never meant to be.”

At the same time, we need to offer Catholics a better way out. If they like tradition, there needs to be a secular alternative. It’s naïve to think Catholics will leave the Church when there’s nothing else waiting for them.

But for Catholics who just go because it’s what they’ve always done, there’s no excuse. By calling yourself a Catholic, you’re implicitly saying you support Catholicism, warts and all.

Location hidden

#548436 Jul 10, 2014
continuated for tojo:

Pope Francis faces church divided over doctrine

Most Catholics worldwide disagree with church teachings on divorce, abortion and contraception and are split on whether women and married men should become priests, according to a large new poll released Sunday and commissioned by the U.S. Spanish-language network Univision. On the topic of gay marriage, two-thirds of Catholics polled agree with church leaders.

Overall, however, the poll of more than 12,000 Catholics in 12 countries reveals a church dramatically divided: Between the developing world in Africa and Asia, which hews closely to doctrine on these issues, and Western countries in Europe, North America and parts of Latin America, which strongly support practices that the church teaches are immoral.
Most Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#548437 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you tell a person who's looked at every fact; Every possible intangible scenario; analyzed the evidence of all parties involved. Spent time pondering the claims? My conclusion says your a radical moron. Help me out.... you've provided nothing to convince me you're nothing but a fanatical idiot, yet u want me to believe your assertions about the Catholic Church???
Hi? poor Catolic Bozo?
you still claim around that author of Bible is You and your RCC full of spiritual blind idiots?
hope soon,dr Shrink arrive with ambulance and take care your danger spiritual insanity.
for you
Mat 15;8
This people(you and RCC) DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH,AND HONOURETH ME ONLY WITH THEIR LIPS;
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME...

It look like that you and RCC wrote such passage against yourselves-that was and is reason to kill each others as heretics and be martyr?
he heeeeeeeeee poor Bozo?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#548438 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
There is a term called Schadenfreude. It means "damage-joy" or "Fail-joy."
We see it every day in religion.
It’s the “joy” of believing that God loves us, but he doesn’t love those others in that religion. Those others "for failing" will spend eternity in hell with the devil, and we "for passing" God's test ... will spend eternity with GOD."
Humans that perceive that they are HOLY … might actually be sadists in god-garbs.
ONE MORE,TIME....WE LOVE GOD..........

It has,nothing to do with anyone else,.....God and the RELATIINSHIP OF EACH PERSON TO HIM...does,NOT MEAN...we hope anyone else,goes,anywhere ...we,pray all will Love Him......

We are,nit happy that anyone does NOT LOVE,HIM.

AND we,have,nothing to do with ANYONE's standing before,God.

If I go to heaven. It's,because JESUS sacrificed Himself to open the,DOOR.....it's,not a,quota system..as in one gets,to heaven if another does not.....

HE WISHES FOR ALL to accept Him ......love Him.

Why do you keep repeating something we don't s a y....KNOCK and the,door will open..
You are,too smart to NOT understand what we,are,saying...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548439 Jul 10, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
Question..
What is your point that you are attempting to prove?
Would you please give some relevance .
..I see no connection between the scripture I gave and the one that you have posted..
From my point of view.....You evidently need to be born again...You appear dead to the word of God.
Your attitude stinks..
Why do you continue to call another person made in the image of God
A SNAKE.
JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS WROTE..
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality,
YOU need to lay your UNGODLY tongue on the altar....
.THAT IS IF YOU CAN FIND AND ALTAR LONG ENOUGH TO HOLD IT....
Oh my. James. Fingernails on the blackboard.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#548440 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I call him lying snake for the same reason Christ called the Pharisees and Sadducee vipers...because that is what they were....
Lied the thief.

Got a link to me lying, dummy?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548441 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Prattled the fool.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548444 Jul 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, who the heck is Pope Claremont??
lol. I missed that. Claremont I?
Isn't it weird how they have books and books about our history. But if we search theirs, its empty?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548445 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
How so?
-
http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/crusa...
The Crusades
The Crusades were a series of Holy Wars launched by the Christian states of Europe against the Saracens who were Muslims. The term 'Saracen' was the word used to describe a Moslem during the time of Crusades. Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the meeting of the Council of Claremont. The preaching of the pope led to many thousands of Medieval people immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'. For full details, facts and information about Crusades click one of the following links:
Your Muslim? That explaines your crusades crusades crusades rallying cry.
Awesome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#548446 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I missed that. Claremont I?
Isn't it weird how they have books and books about our history. But if we search theirs, its empty?
RCC and their history is bloody witness against all of you fake christians,
nobody escape before last wrath of God who arrive in proper time and take care a....like yours,
never forget time of yours pass away everday and lead all of you to last damnation and drink this full of hate grall filled by 2000 years of yours evil,wickedness, murders,atrocities,dark ages,bless wars,stolen gold,silver,diamonds,and removing blind hateful fanatics like you,

your words are dead like you are dead,without of gender,name, location, education,just cyber wicked ghosts babling nonsense and worthless stories?
what a shame to see such scumbags around this country?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548447 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
*history* is written by the aggressor.
The RCC being the aggressor, wrote the fluff piece you choose to believe.
-
Case in point:
United States "History" vs. Native American History.
-
U.S. "History" has this country being blessed by God and founded on Godly principles.
Native American history, has White Europeans as terrorists.
-
-
Same with True Christianity as versus Catholicism.
Catholics - being the aggressors, "wrote" the history.
Even the losers in history have some documentation of their presence. Wheres your lineage to the Apostles?
Or did the 'word of God skip' 45 generations until the Bible could be printed?
Awesome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#548448 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
you f....fanatic ignorant half d.....head?
pfuj? blind RCC SOB Liar and scumbag

United States

#548449 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:

How so?
-
http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/crusa ...
The Crusades
-
-
Liam wrote:
-
-
ME!? Muslim? Not in a BILLION years! You'd have to kill me first.
-
attempt at deflection is duly noted on your part, though.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548450 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the losers in history have some documentation of their presence. Wheres your lineage to the Apostles?
Or did the 'word of God skip' 45 generations until the Bible could be printed?
our (BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN) GOES BACK TO BIBLICAL TIME. YOUR HISTORY DOSNT GO BACK THAT FAR AND WHAT YOU CLAIM, YOU HAVE TAKEN IT FROM THE ORTHODOX,

and john used to tell you that all of the time, which is why the catholics didn't like him, he told the truth.lol
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#548451 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course their are no such in your cult...right??
New Poll Shows That Even Catholics Don’t Agree with Catholicism
March 5, 2013 By Hemant Mehta 85 Comments
A New York Times/CBS News poll released today shows that the wishes of many Catholics go directly against the doctrines of the faith:
Laurie Goodstein and Megan Thee-Brenan summarize the results this way:
On every other hotly debated issue, Catholics wanted the next pope to lead the church in an about-face. Seven out of every 10 Catholics surveyed said the next pope should let priests marry, let women become priests and allow the use of artificial methods of birth control. Nine out of 10 said they wanted the next pope to allow the use of condoms to prevent the spread of H.I.V. and other diseases.
Sixty-two percent of Catholics said they were in favor of legalizing marriage for same-sex couples. Catholics approved of same-sex marriage at a higher rate than Americans as a whole, among whom 53 percent approved.
You have to wonder: If all these people believe the Catholic Church is heading in the wrong direction, in so many different areas, why stay in the Church?
The most telling question in the poll may have been this one:“On difficult moral questions, which are you more likely to follow — the teachings of the Pope, or your conscience?”
If you’re Catholic, this should be simple: You follow the person who has a direct line to God, right?
Apparently, that’s not the case at all. Here’s the breakdown of Catholics who would follow the teachings of the Pope in difficult situations:
continuated
CBS News is NOTHING but a bunch of liberal anti-Catholic "hack" writers whose polls are slanted, distorted and twisted in order to arrive at the "exact" conclusion they want "and need" to spread their anti-Catholic propaganda......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I don't wanna stay on the line! He's gonna beat... 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus 272,475
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Stilgar Fifrawi 866,215
disabled sex (Jun '14) 42 min garath 11
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 49 min janeebee 6,564
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,317
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 3 hr Gimp The pimp 77
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr ChristineM 2,137
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr imr 48
More from around the web