Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,185
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548342 Jul 10, 2014
Godspeakinginmydreamslol wrote:
<quoted text>
it means everyone will just die happy ignorant lifes and thus "saved" I just hope Aliens out there that can travel FTL have already moved beyond that crazy schizophrenic religion bullshit
Don't ignore the "fact" that if the insane god exists, he also created insane aliens.

I suggest that you don't ask Spock to beam you up, as the aliens in outer-space might be more devious than those of us who alien-ate each other on earth.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#548343 Jul 10, 2014
Magic Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
......What praying does is make the person praying feel physcologicaly better and the person being prayed for gives them comfort in which comfort or positive thinking can actually help in a persons recovery. It has nothing to do with God.
I agree. A belief that a HOLY God exists to assist in your suffering is mighty powerful medicine.

And I have no problem with that issue.

But when insane religious humans use their religion to bully and kill others ... something is TERRIBLY WRONG.

For instance ... the following brutality is just ONE example of using a bible for all the wrong reasons.
>>>>>>>

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#548344 Jul 10, 2014
Some day I hope that humans will lay down their religious literature and say to each other …“Let’s not be afraid any more of a supposed afterlife. Let’s try to see each other as equals and deal with one moment at a time. Let’s not give any theologian power over our thoughts anymore."

That mindset won’t create peace on earth, as humans are as territorial as are other animals … but at least humans won’t bully kill each other over whose myths are real and whose are false. The killing over religion will stop.

If you keep on lusting after eternal bliss, you are not doing any favors for your children.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548345 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within or without religion we all have "concepts" of truth, which are abstract ideas. But to claim that anybody knows universal truth while others don't is simply egotistical baffle gas.
The idea that people know the "mind" of a god, when there is no tangible proof that a god even exists, is based on nothing but faith.
Humans should feel like idiots, claiming to know the mind of a god ... but so arrogant and NEEDY for thrills are humans ... they prefer their delusions to all else. Meanwhile they fight to the death defending their own personalized delusions.
Baboons have more brain-skills than humans. They don't have a need to defend religion as being universal truth. Their faith is in finding the next meal and taking care of their babies.
Uh, I wrote "religions are true to believers." You're not contradicting me above.

All believers have subjective realities that reflect their religious enculturation - we're in agreement here, except for your statement on baboons :p

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548346 Jul 10, 2014
<quoted text>
You are not completely wrong, but do not completely understand what religion is. God exists, there is definitive proof. Thing is only he is an incompetent imagination in peoples heads and he only exists there.
At first intelligent people could´t explain how the world worked so they made up names, like god and the stupid people keep using those words because they are to stupid to understand science and are more comfortable in their ignorance.
because ignorance is bliss.
That's awesome.

Prince George, Canada

#548347 Jul 10, 2014
This type of behavior has a long wretched history that existed in Paganism long before Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

#548349 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers have subjective realities that reflect their religious enculturation - we're in agreement here, except for your statement on baboons :p
Sorry if I misunderstood.

I do believe that humans could learn much of value from baboons.

Baboons on the other hand couldn't learn anything of value from humans.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548350 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just double-talked your self.
I don't worry one bit about death. I do however wonder how much I'll have to suffer before death ... but I try not to worry about it, as worry causes stress to the physical body and stress creates illness in the body.
That is why I believe it is not wise for people in religion to worry about being rejected to a hell in a hereafter. And as much as you claim to have faith that eternal bliss awaits you ... there is always that niggling at your brain-cells ... "WHAT IF I am wrong and the fact is I WILL be rejected to hell?"
I believe it was yesterday on the forum one of the Christians stated ... "If I make it to heaven it will be a miracle."
FEAR causes stress in your physical body. And stress causes mental and physical illness to your own being.
Religion never was, and is NOT good.
I do not worry or think about what if I'm wrong.
If I am wrong, I can say at least that I gave it my best shot at being right.
If you're wrong, well then, you already know right? Right!
No one in their right mind could say that Heaven awaits for certain, but it's better to live life on faith thinking there is, than no faith at all..

Prince George, Canada

#548351 Jul 10, 2014
Baboons are fortunate that they can’t create medicine to keep their selves alive past normal life expectancy.

Humans, being greedy live older and older by running to the pharmacies for every need to extend lives longer and longer until we become burdens that weigg down our young folks who are forced to support us.

When baboons become ill from age … they die and leave room for the young ones to carry on without worrying about their parents and grand-parents and great grand-parents and great-great-grand-parents.

There’s much of value to learn from non-human animals.

Prince George, Canada

#548352 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I do not worry or think about what if I'm wrong.
If I am wrong, I can say at least that I gave it my best shot at being right.
If you're wrong, well then, you already know right? Right!
No one in their right mind could say that Heaven awaits for certain, but it's better to live life on faith thinking there is, than no faith at all..
I have faith that it will be the way it will be.

I didn't fall into that religious trap of believing in evil and hell and a devil when I was a child ... and neither will I now, to in turn appease your religious clap-trap.

So I suggest that you ply your magic mental formula on others that if they follow your "spiritual" LEAD you will guarantee that they will reap eternal bliss.

I won't fall for it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#548353 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
All mankind is comfortable with imagery.
....That might be true but we don't talk to them, or pray in front of them wishing your prayers will be answered.

.....I understand what you believe, I too was raised catholic and I too prayed and talked to wooden statues because that is what I was taught and at that time didn't know any bettet until one day I said. What the hell am I doing.

....If it gives you comfort, go for it. To me I like things that are real.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#548354 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Hindus probably pray that you will be wise enough to find their savior Krishna in your heart so that you don't have to spend eternity in Hindu hell.
That is how the religious game perpetuates itself. It passes from one generation to the next with its insidious self-serving agenda.
You are certain that Jesus will save Protestants ... and the Hindus are certain that Krishna will NOT save Protestants.
....Its a sense of deserving arrogance to believe that out of thousands of religious beliefs and countless Gods or deities, everyone religious still believes only their belief/doctrine. or God is the correct one, and to themselves each says .......to bad for you that don't believe what I believe.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548355 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I misunderstood.
I do believe that humans could learn much of value from baboons.
Baboons on the other hand couldn't learn anything of value from humans.
Oh, I bet if we taught them how to escape from zoos, they'd be pretty damn thankful.

Prince George, Canada

#548356 Jul 10, 2014
I suggest that more than a few humans have wished death on their aging relatives.

One very staunch woman of the Christian faith bemoaned the fact that parents look after children for a relatively short time compared to the adult children who sometimes have to care for the elderly ailing parents for a much longer span of time.

She spoke from her own experience of having to care for her husband’s father in her own home for years, who was in turn a miserable letch of a human who would grab at her bum if she was not on guard.… to then having to care for many years for her own ailing mother who was not an easy woman whose emotions were at all easy to appease.

I could see her point. She was tired of the whole scenario of not being appreciated while being a slave to those who expected the best of treatment because they believed she owed them a huge debt for giving her and her husband the supposed "gift" of life.

Prince George, Canada

#548357 Jul 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its a sense of deserving arrogance to believe that out of thousands of religious beliefs and countless Gods or deities, everyone religious still believes only their belief/doctrine. or God is the correct one, and to themselves each says .......to bad for you that don't believe what I believe.
That is religion in a nutshell.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548358 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Baboons are fortunate that they can’t create medicine to keep their selves alive past normal life expectancy.
Humans, being greedy live older and older by running to the pharmacies for every need to extend lives longer and longer until we become burdens that weigg down our young folks who are forced to support us.
When baboons become ill from age … they die and leave room for the young ones to carry on without worrying about their parents and grand-parents and great grand-parents and great-great-grand-parents.
There’s much of value to learn from non-human animals.
I don't think Baboons do that willingly.

:p-
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#548359 Jul 10, 2014
<quoted text>
You are not completely wrong, but do not completely understand what religion is. God exists, there is definitive proof. Thing is only he is an incompetent imagination in peoples heads and he only exists there.
At first intelligent people could´t explain how the world worked so they made up names, like god and the stupid people keep using those words because they are to stupid to understand science and are more comfortable in their ignorance.
because ignorance is bliss.
....Interesting! For thousands of years ancient people believed in a God or gods or goddesses. And each God has special powers over the people who believed, and special promises were made to these people who be
Ieved.

....2000 years ago Christianity comes along and what do we have? Not something Unique, not some new concept that no one had ever thought of, but another God story. A story not much unlike the god stories of people that came before., except more fear and just rewards were offered making fearful people into believers, and a concept of family indoctrination to be born into what your family believed.

.....Today the vast Majority of Christians are born into their families hand me down religious tradition, not using their own mind of what to believe but from the cradle rubber stamped into what mom and dad want them to believe.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#548360 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I bet if we taught them how to escape from zoos, they'd be pretty damn thankful.
Yes set them free!...but just as long they are not setting up living quarters in your backyard. Right?

Prince George, Canada

#548361 Jul 10, 2014
It’s been a bad habit of human-parents to have many children in the hopes that some will survive to take care of the parents as they grow old.

None-human animals don’t behave that way. They will die to defend their offspring until the offspring are able to hopefully fend for their selves and then the parents boot them out of the nest to in turn have more offspring to in turn repeat the same process.

Many human-parents abandon their young in hopes that other humans will raise them and save the biological parents the headaches.

Very few non-human animals abandon their offspring … but it does occur. Maybe they learned that behavior from humans. Tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#548362 Jul 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....2000 years ago Christianity comes along and what do we have? Not something Unique, not some new concept that no one had ever thought of, but another God story.......
It was not another god-story of their own their own Catholic creation. It was another god story of the god of the Jews.

The ex-Jew Catholics taught that the God had turn away from the Jews as vile and evil ... and the god had turned TO the Catholics as being the only ones on earth worthy of salvation. The supposed universal truth-tellers.

The Jews created that monotheistic "God" in he hopes that all others would become Jews ... but it back-fired BIG TIME.

Thereafter everyone wanted to preach that THEY were that one god's favorites.

What a mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min rbphoenix80 98,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 826,483
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min andet1987 5,774
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min andet1987 5,810
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 611,787
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min James 442,607
Delhi me koi randi hai to wechat pe msz kar muj... (Oct '13) 21 min lundking 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,430
More from around the web