Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641620 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548664 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson
Magic
The wise magician, and only the wise ones stay in business, will not attempt to stop the thunderstorms or the lightning, but will try to direct the lightning toward the homesteads of his or her enemies.
hahaha, nice.

I was trying to find that book and it turns out poor Selpy passed away - or, at some Selby did - can you tell me the date on it?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#548665 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed! My mother and father both believed in the existence of a creator ... and believe me when I say it took me most of my life to figure out that all theologians in all religions were/are simple-minded philosophers ... all bragging that they know universal truth.
june, JESUS IS THE TRUTH BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS NOT IN YOU.

YOU TALK AND YAP BUT SAY NOTHING OF ANY VALUE, ITS ALL NOTHING WORTH LISTENING TOO. I COUNT IT A BLESSING TO BEABLE TO TURN YOU OFF, WHEN I TURN OF THIS SITE.
I CAN'T REAL CAN'T SPEAK FOR OTHER PEOPLE, BUT I DON'T THINK I AM THE ONLY ONE.
IF I KNOW NOTHING ELSE, I KNOW JESUS IS THE TRUTH AND THE ONLY TRUTH WORTH KNOWING.

"IF YOU KNEW EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD , YOU WOULD BE NO FURTHER AHEAD, BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW JESUS.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548666 Jul 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
I WHO LIKE TO ASK ALL BORN AGAIN SPIRIT FILLED CHRISTIANS TO PLEASE PRAY FOR ISRAEL.
TO HOLD THIS NATION UP IN PRAYER BEFORE GOD.
ALSO PRAY FOR CANADA AND AMERICA TO STAND FIRMLY BEHIND THE JEWISH PEOPLE.
THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW THE BIBLE WILL UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO DO SO.
WE MUST PRAY FOR JERUSALM , THE CITY OF OUR GREAT KING.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Elaine
What about the Palestinians. Are they not worth your prayers.

SICK ... SICK ... SICK!!!

Some stable somewhere

#548668 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
Yes.
Hitler abused religion as do many world leaders in order to dupe the masses into going along with what they want.
Good ol' Catholic mindset.
And he had lots of Christians working for him.

Prince George, Canada

#548669 Jul 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been "quite clear" historically and biblically that the Jews have "always been and always will be" Gods chosen people" so you will have no argument from me on that subject June!!!!.....
Then you must believe that common sense theology would be that Jesus (in spirit) is still a faithful Jew to Judaism ... RIGHT hojo???

He would never have become a Catholic ... NEVER!!!

I'm glad we now agree, so you can now leave the Catholic religion an join Judaism as being the one and only universal truth.

:)

United States

#548670 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
"YOU just described the Catholic Church to a T."
OR I could say
YOU just described the Catholic Pope to a T.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's plain that you don't WANT to play fair with the Catholics. You continually describe them as evil and Protestants as WHAT??? HOLY???
Surely you jest ... you naughty deceiver!
Who do you believe baptized Luther into the Protestant religion ... Jesus???
I suggest NOT!!!
-
-
there's no such thing as "fair play" when it comes to sociopaths, June, and the Catholic Church has NEVER "played fair". Ever. And AGAIN for the umpteenth time: When Protestants have as much murder and mayhem under their belt as does the Catholic Church then we can compare one with the other. Until that happens, we still have 1,500 years to wait....
-
*IF* a religion is murdering in the Name of God, they cannot be Christian. Period.
-
AND furthermore,*IF* Luther came out of the Catholic Church and there was nowhere to go - because of the lack of integrity in the Catholicized world *as it was*... making a stupid crack about Jesus Christ baptizing him, is quite lame, actually.

Prince George, Canada

#548671 Jul 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
june, JESUS IS THE TRUTH BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS NOT IN YOU.
If you were a Muslim you would be worshipping the Islamic Mahdi.

If you were a Hindu, you would be worshipping Krishna.

And on and on and on ... as each religion has it's savior myth.

You just don't want to allow that concept to take root, and that is YOUR problem ... not mine..

United States

#548672 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
Yes.
Hitler abused religion as do many world leaders in order to dupe the masses into going along with what they want.
Good ol' Catholic mindset.
-
-
Hidingfromyou wrote:
And he had lots of Christians working for him.
-
-
Anyone who was a True Christian would have refused to work for Hitler. Period.

Prince George, Canada

#548673 Jul 11, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, nice.
I was trying to find that book and it turns out poor Selpy passed away - or, at some Selby did - can you tell me the date on it?
The book Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson was published in 1981.

Prince George, Canada

#548674 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Anyone who didn't do what they were told was put to death.

You seem to believe you are so pure you could resist all temptation ... but I suggest that under duress you would tell a very different story.

How old ARE you ... 12???
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548675 Jul 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing will sway your goofy fanaticism...Don't think for a second, I believe any of u would snap out of it. However, as long as ignorant bigots are on the world wide we, trying to pull people away from the Eucharist, I'll still confront you. I know you, guest. I know you know the truth in Catholicism. Like Ox, you're running from it cuz of a divorce or two, and you're afraid. There is noooo way any person would still stick to their guns, if they weren't privately afraid. Ignorance is bliss. God can see your heart. Only He knows what you REALLY understand.
God is Spirit, He likes to be worshipped in Spirit and His Truth.

You must be born-again in Jesus to do that.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#548676 Jul 11, 2014
TAKE FEW MOMENTS AND LISTEN TO THIS WOMAN.
PLEASE,

Open Your Eyes People.

Urgent Warning To America

www.emoaf.org

LikeLike ยทยท Share

Verna Barton
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#548677 Jul 11, 2014
ITS NOT BY VERNA BARTON ITS JUST A NAME ON FACEBOOK.
Elaine

Prince George, Canada

#548678 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<And AGAIN for the umpteenth time: When Protestants have as much murder and mayhem under their belt as does the Catholic Church then we can compare one with the other. Until that happens, we still have 1,500 years to wait....
You are very STUPID!

Protestants were not allowed to kill after government was separated from religion.

It was because the Protestants were killing each other as heretics that the founding fathers put a stop to the killing in the name of a god. They said "Any more of this and you will go to prison.

But it's plain that you don't want to learn ... you simply want to blather stupidity as universal truth.

I'm going to ignore you, as you are a waste of time and I'm tired of repeating the fact that you will not be fair no matter what you post. You simply point at Catholics as being the evil ones and they point back at you with the same hyperbolic drama ... day after day after day.

Sickening.
Godspeakinginmyd reamslol

Augsburg, Germany

#548679 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed! My mother and father both believed in the existence of a creator ... and believe me when I say it took me most of my life to figure out that all theologians in all religions were/are simple-minded philosophers ... all bragging that they know universal truth.
If you get into an argument with those Theologians, just ask them the definition of Intelligence.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548680 Jul 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been "quite clear" historically and biblically that the Jews have "always been and always will be" Gods chosen people" so you will have no argument from me on that subject June!!!!.....
Hey Hojo , I learned on this board that 'hate' means love less and 'evil' means no good according to the Hebrew, did you know that and do you believe it?

Some stable somewhere

#548681 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The book Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson was published in 1981.
Thanks!

I don't think they make them like that anymore.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548682 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Palestinians. Are they not worth your prayers.
SICK ... SICK ... SICK!!!
Funny how fundamentalists forget that there are many Palestinian Christians.

Israel restricts fresh water distribution to Gaza Palestinians at six liters per person per week.
Tough to get along with that, let alone shower.

Sure one can bathe in the sea to cleanse themselves, but move too far one way and the IDF blasts you apart with a 50mm.
Is this the Jewish people of God?

United States

#548683 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
-
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Anyone who didn't do what they were told was put to death.
You seem to believe you are so pure you could resist all temptation ... but I suggest that under duress you would tell a very different story.
How old ARE you ... 12???
-
-
However old I am I am much more mature than you, chronological age has nothing to do with it, as I know better than to antagonize a woman in mourning.
-
Resisting temptation is difficult, yes. But not impossible.
-
And NONE of your suggestions have ever made any sense to anyone here, except you.
-
And as far as being under duress and sticking to my story, it HAS happened and I did not budge.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548684 Jul 11, 2014
LTM wrote:
ITS NOT BY VERNA BARTON ITS JUST A NAME ON FACEBOOK.
Elaine
Hey big sis how are you? There is a movie coming out called 'AMERICA', it's about what we did for the world and what will happen to the world once we're broke, well we're about broke and have no 'good' leaders at present time. Most here and coming here love themselves more than God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min MUQ2 280,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min MUQ2 44,395
News Python Interrupts Man's Toilet Time 13 min les 1
News Stolen car abandoned on I-229 with weapons inside 15 min les 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Joe Fortuna 38,282
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Annaleigh 104,711
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min bacon hater 969,979
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr good true observa... 618,402
More from around the web