Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688822 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548363 Jul 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes set them free!...but just as long they are not setting up living quarters in your backyard. Right?
Baboons would be ever so welcome in my backyard.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#548364 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Baboons would be ever so welcome in my backyard.
Well when they tear you to shreds as their enemy, I guarantee they won't preach at you that a god ordained the behavior.

:)
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548365 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Baboons do that willingly.
:p-
Of course not! They would also live longer if they could. But baboons have no pharmacy as do humans on which to keep them half-alive, in turn bitching about how the doctors don't do enough to keep them half alive even "longer," as do humans.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548366 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that more than a few humans have wished death on their aging relatives.
One very staunch woman of the Christian faith bemoaned the fact that parents look after children for a relatively short time compared to the adult children who sometimes have to care for the elderly ailing parents for a much longer span of time.
She spoke from her own experience of having to care for her husband’s father in her own home for years, who was in turn a miserable letch of a human who would grab at her bum if she was not on guard.… to then having to care for many years for her own ailing mother who was not an easy woman whose emotions were at all easy to appease.
I could see her point. She was tired of the whole scenario of not being appreciated while being a slave to those who expected the best of treatment because they believed she owed them a huge debt for giving her and her husband the supposed "gift" of life.
And I will add that when the woman complained to her husband that his father had grabbed her bum ... her husband said ... "Well what do you want ME to do ... he's my father?"

Being a good Christian he was taught that GOD demanded him to RESPECT his father.

Of course it was not the husband's bum that appealed to the old letch.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548367 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you omit the speech of St.Peter?
Are you afraid to admit Se.Peter was the leader as first Pope?
"During those days Peter stood up in the midst of the brothers
(there was a group of about one hundred and twenty persons in the one place). He said,..."
Acts 1:15
See Acts 2:14...Peter’s Speech at Pentecost.
"Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them,
“You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words....."
Speaking of ignoring:

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;And
whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Note: But it shall not be so among you:

Location hidden

#548368 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
The bible was published in the fourth century. The Catholics started the tale of Jesus' birth, life and death IN the bible.
The only other Christians that existed before that time were the Gnostic Christians that were nuttier than fruitcakes in their divisive theories.
You and the Jehovah's witnesses and Joseph Smith and a whole lot of other dreamers want to imply that you are on line with the first Christians that were the TRUE followers of universal truth ... HOLY followers of Jesus ... of all the silly beliefs.
Humans are NOT nice to each other because of religion ... and I suggest humans never WERE nice to each other because of religion.
Humans in religion were and are right-fighters. "You agree with my theologies ... or you will suffer the consequences ... PERIOD!!!"

Just like atemcowboy...you can't answer my question...
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548369 Jul 10, 2014
People blame the doctors for the problems that stem from abuse of Pharmaceutical medications, but that’s not the whole story. I volunteered with seniors for many years and witnessed how they would demand more medication from the doctors … against the advice of the doctors.

Once, when a doctor meekly suggested that a very obese, very elderly woman would do better if she lost some weight, she was furious at the doctor and bad-mouthed him all over town, twisting the story to her own advantage.

A male baboon would get sympathy from a human for not knowing better than to keep his mouth shut and his advice to his self.

:)

&#61514;
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548370 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>86
Not to your satisfaction.

Unless I agreed with you, none of my concepts would please you.

And I don't even know which "question" you believe I didn't address.

And of course that is the way you want it, so you can imply that I "couldn't" answer your question, because I don't have the correct theology to align with the mindset of Jesus ... as according to you ... is the firm universal truth on which you stand.

BWAAAGH!!!

Whatever your theology ... it's still based on imagination, and anyone can write silly things and say that a god inspired him/her to write the words.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548371 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus called them unto him, and said,
Prove that a man named Jesus said anything!!!

Catholics wrote that Jesus supported Catholicism ... and you as a Protestant, with a Puritan twist of the words repeat that what the Catholics claimed was true for them, is now true for you ... while at the same time belittling the Catholics as liars.

There is nothing left to call you that fits, but IDIOT!

Location hidden

#548372 Jul 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your question is understandably MOOT.
since you don't belong to the Born Again Church of Believers, I feel no compunction to answer you.
and EVEN clay has figured you out as NOTHING but a troublemaker.
You have, again, put your foot in your mouth...you said "you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.

I asked you "When was this church started in the Bible?" and you and I know why you will not answer my question...
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548373 Jul 10, 2014
Pat Robertson ended up with egg on his face and admitted that it wasn't the first time that he "got it wrong."

Yet he keeps bad-mouthing homosexuals in the belief that Jesus and god see it his way.

Blathering FOOL!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548374 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have, again, put your foot in your mouth...you said "you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.
I asked you "When was this church started in the Bible?" and you and I know why you will not answer my question...
His answer would be as ridiculous as your question ... preacher-man.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548375 Jul 10, 2014
There's an old spinning wheel in the parlor.

It's name is religion.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548376 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>86
when I came on this forum, much before your appearance,

I was not given instructions that I need to answer any person or idiots.

therefore if I told you what I do know, you might think that you know as much as I do, which would lead you to a false conclusion. I might allow that then that conclusion would tend to give idiots such as yourself a sense of self righteousness that would doom your black soul.

therefore the remedy would be for you to get saved.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548377 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
His answer would be as ridiculous as your question ... preacher-man.
june, oxbore is NOT a Preacher.

in fact, he isn't a Christian.

in fact 2, you are closer to being a Christian than he is.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548378 Jul 10, 2014
Imagine the silly idea that humans are born in sin and other animals are free from sin and yet humans are the favorites of the creator.

Now that is plain and simple the stuff of idiocy.

According to the theologians human spirits were in heaven with God … until God created Adam and Eve in physical form on earth … KNOWING ahead of time that Adam and Eve were going to be sinners.

If God HATED sin … why did he CREATE a way for human “spirits” to be tainted WITH sin.

RIDICULOUS!!!
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548379 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians were not given a collection of writings in order to 'determine" the teachings of Jesus Christ. ie the Catholic Church didnt read Mathew 16:18; then hold a quick Bible study to determine to what Jesus "really" said to Peter. Rather, we believe Mathew 16:18 because it actually happened. Peter went to Antioch and ordained Ignatius- who also became John's disciple. Then he went to Rome and ordained Linus, Cletus and Clement.
Jesus said "go and make disciples of ALL nations, teaching all that I have commanded".
Jesus didnt say: "5 of you write some scriptures and hand them out to the people. They'll figurr it all out."
We have the proof because the Apostles were not secretive about the faith, they were visible and clear in their teachings. Their successors and their successors were visible and clear. Every name of the Bishops down to the Peter can be accounted for. This is an unbroken lineage unprecedented in human history.
I believe Matthew 16:18 as well. I believe Christ's church is built on the words revealed to Peter "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God", not the man Peter. Why would Christ build His church on a sinful man. Christ said there is no man good.

Matthew 16 : 21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

We both know there is no scriptual or historical evidence proving Peter started the RCC or ordained anyone. We have the Bible because of those Jewish disciples who believed in Christ and spread the Gospel as Christ commanded.
Noelle

Fort Wayne, IN

#548380 Jul 10, 2014
Pope Benedict was of course correct, in that the Catholic church alone conforms to the New Testament criteria for the church, i.e. the three-fold ministry of bishop, presbyter (priest) and deacon (as affirmed by St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of St. John), coupled with apostolic succession and the successors of the office of St. Peter.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#548381 Jul 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
< you are closer to being a Christian than he is.
I suggest that you should be embarrassed to admit that you follow Christian theology, or any other brand of theology.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548382 Jul 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
********The Pope doesn't give ANYONE everlasting life!......
********Salvation depends only on Jesus Christ (in and through) HIS Universal (Catholic) Church---the Bride of Christ
********Catholics believe,follow, and adhere to the Words of Jesus Christ ( in the Gospels) that were handed down by HIM to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago with regard to HIS Universal (Catholic Church inMatthew 16:13-21 and in regards to the Eucharist in John 6:47-59" For unless you eat my body (which is REAL food) and drink my blood which is REAL drink you CANNOT have eternal life, Catholic Christians believe in Sola Verbun Dei ( the Word of God alone) This comes to us from Christ and His Apostles through both the written and the unwritten oral tradition.(2Thess2:15 which has been entrusted to ---and made known through HIS Universal Catholic Church Eph 3:9-10...... Paul confirms ALL of this in II Timothy 3:15 when he calls The Church ( not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....Qustion to you:" Why don't YOU follow the spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus in the Bible (especially in the Gospels?????.....
How could you possibly know what Words of Christ I follow? You blindly judge me and accuse me of not following Christ's words because I'm not Catholic? You make your religion sound like a typical cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Bongo 37,147
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min Tony 6,550
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Aerobatty 988,546
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,333
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 7 hr Paul is dead 8
More from around the web