Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 26,461)

Showing posts 529,201 - 529,220 of532,249
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> By saying Incorrect, you're Implying that you are correct, that makes you Incorrect.
The video I posted was a Joke, nothing bad about HFY,
I like her as well and was meaning no disrespect to her.
You can take your smart as$ high fluten opinion of yourself and shove it up your as% dude!
Did Jesus' spirit agree with this post, or have you lowered your self down from his great spiritual prowess???

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "if Jesus lived"...He lived...
Yes of course ... and he followed you and Martin Luther into the Protestant religion, as before the Protestant religion Jesus had no purpose whatsoever to his life.

Hahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate sounding like Preston the Apostle, but you are without a doubt the biggest idiot on this board
Preston is a Jewish apostle???

WOW! That's impressive.

Maybe he's the third coming of Saint John the baptist, only this time Saint John is a Protestant.

Idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All Scripture in my post is from NT...
Not the first new testament, as it was not even compiled in English.

A lot of revising of the Catholic lies occurred since the Catholic doctors of words morphed the literature of Judaism into something totally unrecognizable to the Jews.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Catholic...cannot face the truth...
Just as it is with you, he has this urgent need to believe he preaches universal truth on behalf of Jesus and God.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't argue with History....
Sure you can ... or you wouldn't.

It's FUN to believe you own the one and only truth in the universe.

The popes did it before you, and the Jews did it before the popes, and the Buddhists and Hindus did it before the Jews, and on and on back through history.

There's nothing new about religious philosophers putting on AIRS in the pretense that they know universal truth.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus' spirit agree with this post, or have you lowered your self down from his great spiritual prowess???
He's nodded out right now, and no, He would NOT approve of that post :)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And:
The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)
The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.
However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)
Can't argue with History....it is there for all to see, study and learn...
You are as interested in truth as a tree stump. We know what you represent. You are a lying cheat. Thats why we need you around just in case there are any borderline Catholics listening. That's right. The greatest service you can do for the CC is argue against her. People need to hear your side too....Then they'll realize there is only one option. Thank you Ox!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ had nothing good to say regarding the temple and its,religious,leaders
Did you EXPECT the Ex-Jew Catholics to write positive sentiments about the Jewish rabbis of which Jesus was supposedly one???

The Catholics had to pretend that Jesus got fed up with Judaism in order to start their Catholic religion ... which was another lie ... as according to their own words, the religion was already up and going when Jesus joined Saint John in the river Jordon to be baptized.

So that would mean that Catholicism started BEFORE Jesus' death on the cross.

Silly theologies.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
He's nodded out right now, and no, He would NOT approve of that post :)
Oh well ... you can just pretend that Jesus' spirit forgives your naughty moods and just climbs on board with you when your moods improves and again become pure and undefiled.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as interested in truth as a tree stump.
Just as occurred with Jesus, Oxbow will have to become a Catholic in order to know YOUR version of universal truth.

However the universal truth of the Jews would probably suit Jesus a lot closer than yours ... being that he was born into Judaism and practiced it all his life.

By the way ... how long did Jesus live as a Catholic before he was crucified and flew off to Catholic heaven in spirit form?

Was it a day, a month, a year, ten years ... or simply a mythical minute???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

And by the way Christians ... who created Catholic or Protestant heaven???

The god of the Jews (it was written) lived in the sky in Olam Haba with the previously purified spirits of the holy Jews that passed on before Jesus' birth.

So how could Jesus go to a Christian heaven ... unless the Jewish god had a mind to create it first???

It is very doubtful that Jehovah would abandon all his purified Jewish spirits to in turn move to a new "foreign" residence in the sky and leave all those purified Jewish spirits behind.

I think Christian heaven doesn't exist. It's not possible.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you EXPECT the Ex-Jew Catholics to write positive sentiments about the Jewish rabbis of which Jesus was supposedly one???
The Catholics had to pretend that Jesus got fed up with Judaism in order to start their Catholic religion ... which was another lie ... as according to their own words, the religion was already up and going when Jesus joined Saint John in the river Jordon to be baptized.
So that would mean that Catholicism started BEFORE Jesus' death on the cross.
Silly theologies.
Not Judaism...as,I said the priests,he called hypocrites....Judaism, is the root of our beliefs...however the,sAcrifice,of the Cross makes the other sAcrifices,unnecessary ....

ONLY ONE,PERFDCT Lamb...Jesus..one son of Adam Jesus, slain in our place ....the only possible,sacrifice,..for once,and,fir all ..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

It's amazing how the Christians are EAGER to invest faith in the "concept" that Christian heaven is real for THEIR purposes ... yet are just as eager to believe that hell is real for all others who don't believe the way the Christians believe.

The selfishness is uncanny.

And those in other religions are the same. They have their eternal bliss all mapped out ahead of "time," and they also have hell mapped out ahead of time for others.

NO Thank you.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Wacky theology

Jesus came to earth and was born into Judaism. His father in the sky favored the Jews, and obviously wanted Jesus brought up to be a Jewish Rabbi ... Rabboni ... Great Master of Judaism ... King of the Jews.

I think those Catholics drugged Jesus in order to get him into that river and be baptized into Catholicism.

There would be no other reason Jesus would so lose his way as to go from supporting the Jewish Passover to in turn supporting the Catholic Eucharist.

Bunkology!!!
Patriot

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

I guess we know who Not to trust with our donations anymore -

Red Cross refuses to disclose how it spent Hurricane Sandy money, says it's a 'trade secret'

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045843_Red_Cross_d...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Judaism...as,I said the priests,he called hypocrites....Judaism, is the root of our beliefs...however the,sAcrifice,of the Cross makes the other sAcrifices,unnecessary ....
ONLY ONE,PERFDCT Lamb...Jesus..one son of Adam Jesus, slain in our place ....the only possible,sacrifice,..for once,and,fir all ..
If you keep telling your self that Jesus came to earth to save Protestants ... you might yet convince your self ... but I doubt that you will convince those in other religions to come YOUR way.

You don't fool me that you are on a Catholic forum for any other reason than to convince the Catholics that they should become Protestants as are you so Jesus will save them.

YUCK!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Patriot wrote:
I guess we know who Not to trust with our donations anymore -
Red Cross refuses to disclose how it spent Hurricane Sandy money, says it's a 'trade secret'
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045843_Red_Cross_d...
I would rather send my money there than to a religious organization. There are crooks any place where money is involved.

It's human nature.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about the sacraments..I'm talking the exclusionary attitude of some religions....
Christ had nothing good to say regarding the temple and its,religious,leaders...follow ,this,little thing ..can't heal on the,Sabbath but it's,ok to get your mule out of a ditch. Wash ands in a certainty...we,know those,laws were given the,Jews for health reasons, to preserve them, especially the dietary laws...and health rules..
If I post to love,Jesus, you would disagree,as,I'm trying to say Regina.
I believe we,were created to love GOD .....to dwell with Him lovingly in HIS,HOME ...
JESUS FUFILLED the law.and prophecy
..the chief ritual of the Temple was Sacrifice for this,and that, ARE YOU SAYING we should kill lambs,...to be forgiven...that was,over and done with for God by the Cross ...one scapegoat, one PERFECT SACRIFICE...IT IS,FINISHED ....where does it say the apostles,practiced this main facet of Judaism ????
.when asked about the commandments , he had,two ...love,,,that's,love GOD and your fellow,man..
NOT TELL each one about the denomination they must belong to in order o be saved .THAT'S,US, making it NOT SIMPLE....BELIEVE AND HAVE ETERNAL LIFE ......nit join a church....WE ARE THE CHURCH ....
If your Church is a,source of comfort AND BELIEVES,IN JESUS,AS,SAVIUIR .....AS,HE SAID....all well and good ...but saying t follow,the,Pope or Joel Osteen to have the true keys,to heaven. Putting man over bird in CHRIST , can turn a,true simple belief into a,hurdle CHRIST never intended. Imo...
Follow,HIM ....
Peace
LOL.....just what I expected. Sorry, but Christ never said it was all good. It was never, ever just Jesus, the Bible, and me. These are recent Protestant evangelical fundamentalist constructs in an effort to rationalize their rejection of Christ's teachings and the church He established and to whom He gave His authority and the keys to the kingdom...Not to the individual (as you claim), but to His church and only His church. Unless, as the author of the article states, you believe you have the power to bind and loose?

Jesus rejected only certain sects and their hypocrisy. He never rejected the Jewish religion, replete with its **Many** rituals and practices which He as a faithful Jew loved and followed. Again, as the article states, He didn't abolish that religion, He fulfilled it...establishing the Sacraments, commanding and demonstrating ritual, even giving us a highly formalized prayer when He could have just as easily thrown out some vague suggestions and told us to wing it.

He also didn't say that it would be easy or simple, in fact just the opposite. The gate is narrow, the cross is heavy. He never said it was all good and nothing else matters as long as we're *nice* to people, that whatever you want to believe is fine as long as it makes you feel good. There is no objective truth. If someone says there is, they're being "exclusionary"....ev en if that someone is Jesus Christ himself.**That**, my dear, is the height of arrogance.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only certain sects, Rose, only certain sects.

Yes, once and for all. What exactly are you alluding to?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 529,201 - 529,220 of532,249
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

415 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Richardfs 223,976
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min bacon hater 93,649
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min nanoanomaly 719,841
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 26 min Just Wondering 8,187
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min An NFL Fan 114,933
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 58 min Vinod S 4,444
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 36,489
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,338
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••