Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,576
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547943 Jul 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "if Jesus lived"...He lived...
.....Quite possibly.

......Was he the son of God? Only one group of people say so. After 2,000 years almost 4 out of 5 people on our planet say no.

....The vast majority of Christians are baptized at just a few months old, have no say in what they are indoctrinated into believing. They became part of the family-hand-me-down tradition.

.......Without indoctrination from childhood, Christianity would be just a bit player in the religious world.
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#547944 Jul 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a deep thought... did you ever think that the devil is just leaving y'all alone. If I was he, I wouldn't bother with you guys. I already got you outside of the Church, fighting against her. I've got confusion among you. Sin is obscure. I've got you marrying same sex partners, I'm using you to destroy the family. You are pulling others away from the Eucharist.... I mean, if im the devil, you're my ally and you don't know it.
Deep thoughts.
Shame.

So you honestly think those,last two posts, praising Jesus (and by the way saying nothing against your church....we're evil ....from the evil one...?????

Wow,Liam .I do not care what religion you are,, I've been saying all along that it's,our Faith in CHRIST that matters..

But if the,RCC is,NOW teaching that the,words in those, posts,about us being unworthy and reaching up to Him is,wrong ...you are,most certainly in a,faithless place ...but ...

And yet, I've been to your Mass , part of what I just said is,in it ...how can that be ...
Could some of our beliefs, be in common....is,Jesus or the RCC the focus of your worship ...

The MOST IMPORTANT IS,FAITH IN CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOUR , LIAM..
YOU do your church no service by disagreeing with me on such simple beliefs...Imo ...

United States

#547945 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
They have to shoot the messenger because they can't handle the truth.
-
They can't obey Jesus, either - because he spoke the truth. So in order to wrap their brains around the evil that their church gets away with (and the church gets away with it because the parishioners let it get away with all kinds of evil), they even have to stoop to calling Jesus out to being a liar.
-
Go figure.
But just think.. if they call Jesus a liar and dismiss the Bible - they can do whatever they want from there. and boy! if 'it' can be done, the church has done it!
-
-
Liam wrote:
We need you to keep going too, guest.. I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I actually sought something other than Catholicism. Encounters with your kind steered me to the CC. If people have a sincere desire for the truth, and they observe both arguments, there is only one clear option. People can see like I did....You guys lie at every turn, guest. You can not refute one single point without lying. That's a red flag for anyone who's sincere in their faith and not looking for 'outs' because they disagree with the Church's teaching on divorce, for example.
Im serious....you and Ox do more to help the Catholic Church just by being her enemy.
-
-
My only one clear option is to steer clear of the ONE CHURCH ON THE PLANET whose DOCUMENTED HISTORY - year after year, century after century -has been nothing but lying against God and making war against "heretics," torturing and murdering "heretics", keeping the Bible from the people and sheltering pedophiles. INVENTING WAYS TO DO EVIL UPON 'HERETICS'.
No other church on the planet has that history.
No other church on the planet.
Yes. It's clear you are "sincere in your faith" and "looking for" 'ins' because you DON'T DISAGREE with the plain and clear systemic corruption that has been part and parcel of the Catholic Church since its inception.
And you call it all good and fine; worthy of reverence.
It boggles the mind.
-
You say the Catholic church was the protector of the Bible?
Actually, the Bible refutes the Catholic church (over and over again):
--
http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/3.htm
God’s Faithfulness

1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the JEWS HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED with the VERY WORDS of GOD.
-
Yes, it was the JEWS who were entrusted with the Word of God ... and THEY made copies for ALL to read and study.
But the Catholic church - in contrast - HID the Bible from the people for centuries so they could not discover the truth in its words. The CC even MURDERED people for reading the Bible.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no Man Your Father" - this is the FIRST THING that the Catholic church insists upon! And the CC idiotic argument that we call our earthly father by the title "father" - so we can go in direct defiance and call a priest "father".
By YOUR argument a priest is worthy of being called father USURPING the roles of your earthly father and Heavenly Father. That's pretty disgusting, actually.
-
and Divorce? you use divorce as an example??
LOL!
Please, Liam, tell everyone what the church's teaching on divorce is. Because I don't think the leaders of the church even know. It keeps changing to suit the church.
-
-
and enemy?
I take GREAT PRIDE in being the ENEMY of the RCC because I speak about the lies of the RCC! And the Bible, once again, refutes YOU, Liam!
-
http://biblehub.com/galatians/4-16.htm
New International Version
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

United States

#547947 Jul 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
Just a deep thought... did you ever think that the devil is just leaving y'all alone. If I was he, I wouldn't bother with you guys. I already got you outside of the Church, fighting against her. I've got confusion among you. Sin is obscure. I've got you marrying same sex partners, I'm using you to destroy the family. You are pulling others away from the Eucharist.... I mean, if im the devil, you're my ally and you don't know it.
Deep thoughts.
-
-
No. that thought is not so 'deep', Liam.
The Devil isn't leaving Bible Believing Christians alone....
.... he gave Bible Believing Christians YOUR CHURCH to contend with.
-
Your Pagan Copying, Constantine Warring, Inquisition Establishing, Heretic Torturing and Murdering, Pedophile Sheltering CHURCH. The Devil is oozing out every aspect of your church. See there? the Devil has gotten INSIDE your church, and how YOU don't find THAT to be CONFUSION ... boggles the mind.
-
See there? sin isn't obscure to me! I can see it for what it is.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#547948 Jul 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered the question. If you are saved have you sinned since you were saved?
When will you answer the question? If you are saved, have you sinned since you were saved?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
When you come to the knowledge and understanding on what shipwrecked, falling away, backsliding, and turning your back on God means, then I will answer your question.
I began this conversation by asking one simple question. This question remains unanswered.

Here it is..........

If you are saved, have you sinned since you were saved?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#547949 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
Your Pagan Copying, Constantine Warring, Inquisition Establishing, Heretic Torturing and Murdering, Pedophile Sheltering CHURCH. The Devil is oozing out every aspect of your church. See there? the Devil has gotten INSIDE your church, and how YOU don't find THAT to be CONFUSION ... boggles the mind.
-
Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God. Its too bad your moronic brain thinks because we had a screwed up Pope, truth was somehow taken. In fact just the opposite happened. Even the worst pope couldn't alter the truth.
Now let's examine you and the other 'Bible only' fundies. Which one has the truth? Who's God guiding? The only possible conclusion for Protestanism, is to look back at the carnage it created and say "I don't need religion. Its just Jesus, my Bible and me", as Regina post pointed out.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#547950 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
My only one clear option is to steer clear of the ONE CHURCH ON THE PLANET whose DOCUMENTED HISTORY - year after year, century after century -has been nothing but lying against God and making war against "heretics," torturing and murdering "heretics", keeping the Bible from the people and sheltering pedophiles. INVENTING WAYS TO DO EVIL UPON 'HERETICS'.
Yes. It's clear you are "sincere in your faith" and "looking for" 'ins' because you DON'T DISAGREE with the plain and clear systemic corruption that has been part and parcel of the Catholic Church since its inception.
It boggles the mind.
-
--
God’s Faithfulness
1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the JEWS HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED with the VERY WORDS of GOD.
-
Yes, it was the JEWS who were entrusted with the Word of God ... and THEY made copies for ALL to read and study.
But the Catholic church - in contrast - HID the Bible from the people for centuries so they could not discover the truth in its words. The CC even MURDERED people for reading the Bible.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no Man Your Father" - this is the FIRST THING that the Catholic church insists upon! And the CC idiotic argument that we call our earthly father by the title "father" - so we can go in direct defiance and call a priest "father".
By YOUR argument a priest is worthy of being called father USURPING the roles of your earthly father and Heavenly Father. That's pretty disgusting, actually.
-
LOL!
Please, Liam, tell everyone what the church's teaching on divorce is. Because I don't think the leaders of the church even know. It keeps changing to suit the church.
-
-
and enemy?
I take GREAT PRIDE in being the ENEMY of the RCC because I speak about the lies of the RCC! And the Bible, once again, refutes YOU, Liam!
-
You can point to Bible verses all you want. Its just YOUR interpretations. They mean nothing to me. Koresh, Camping, Ellen White, guest or Preston. It means nothing to me. The next generation will have different ideas on the teachings of Christ anyway. The Catholic Church will still be here, proclaiming the truth.
I still encourage you to throw everything you got at us. Argue "call no man Father". We'll give folks a counter argument. The result will be: people will see youre a lying kook. Normal folk will walk away from your man made sect.

United States

#547951 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
Liam wrote:
Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God. Its too bad your moronic brain thinks because we had a screwed up Pope, truth was somehow taken. In fact just the opposite happened. Even the worst pope couldn't alter the truth.
Now let's examine you and the other 'Bible only' fundies. Which one has the truth? Who's God guiding? The only possible conclusion for Protestanism, is to look back at the carnage it created and say "I don't need religion. Its just Jesus, my Bible and me", as Regina post pointed out.
-
-
YOU say THIS as if you think I don't know it: "Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God."
FYI: God communicates to mankind through his written word. NOT the papacy!
and it isn't "ONE" screwed up Pope - it's the entire organization that is screwed up and NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to First Century Christianity."
-
More corruption:
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-sex-abuse-victims-...

"Advocacy groups for clerical abuse survivors have denounced the Vatican repeatedly for failing to fire or otherwise discipline bishops and other prelates who routinely shuffled known pedophile priests from parish to parish without alerting parishioners to the danger."
-
CARNAGE of Protestantism?? LOL! as compared to what? the CATHOLIC church? there's no comparison! For the Protestants to catch up to the RCC carnage, the RCC would have to sit it out for 1500 years while Protestants made war, tortured and murdered people for .... READING THE BIBLE.
OH! Wait! That's what they DO .... is read the Bible!! So, obviously, Protestants won't kill people for reading it! OOOOOPS! I guess Protestants will NEVER catch up, even if YOU SIT IT OUT!
ANY step away from the RCC is a step closer to truth.

United States

#547952 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
It boggles the mind.
-
--
God’s Faithfulness
-
-
-
LOL!
-
-
and enemy?
-
-
-
Liam wrote:
You can point to Bible verses all you want. Its just YOUR interpretations. They mean nothing to me. Koresh, Camping, Ellen White, guest or Preston. It means nothing to me. The next generation will have different ideas on the teachings of Christ anyway. The Catholic Church will still be here, proclaiming the truth.
I still encourage you to throw everything you got at us. Argue "call no man Father". We'll give folks a counter argument. The result will be: people will see youre a lying kook. Normal folk will walk away from your man made sect.
-
-
Of course the Bible means nothing to you. I meant nothing to the popes who were covering up for pedophiles, too.
NORMAL people see your RCC lies for what they are. Not even close to the Word of God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547953 Jul 7, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....just what I expected. Sorry, but Christ never said it was all good. It was never, ever just Jesus, the Bible, and me..
Now I will ask you "proud Catholic preacher" ... in all honesty, do you believe that Jesus would leave his position as Jewish Rabbi to CHOOSE to be baptized into Catholicism???

Does your conscience relate to you that that tale is based on truth???

Come ON! FESS UP. Not one of you will answer that question ... because you KNOW that it was based on a Catholic DOCTORED LIE!!!

United States

#547954 Jul 7, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-sex-abuse-victims-...

"Other abuse survivors not at the meeting said the encounter would likely do nothing about their complaints the Vatican has failed to punish bishops and other prelates who systemically covered up the abuse of minors.

A German survivor advocacy spokesman, Norbert Denef, called Monday's meeting "nothing more than a PR event."

Prince George, Canada

#547956 Jul 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing about Catholics being persecuted...Catholicism is based on paganism...and, in part, continues to this day....
And that means that the Protestant religion is ALSO based on Paganism ... as your theological parents were Catholics.

So why do keep crowing comparable to a banty rooster about your religion being based on universal truth.

No matter what you preach ... you simply won't stop preaching ... as you are on a constant down-hill ROLL.

Prince George, Canada

#547957 Jul 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing about Catholics being persecuted...Catholicism is based on paganism...and, in part, continues to this day....
And I suggest that you keep in mind that the Pagans had their own savior-myths ... so when the Catholics used Pagan religious doctrine ... they changed the savior-title to suit their own religious myths.

Even YOU who claims to know universal truth ... should admit that would have been true.

Prince George, Canada

#547958 Jul 7, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus being baptize in the River Jordan by John the Baptist,had NOTHING to do with your assessment of Roman Catholicism.It is not a Catholic rite that Jesus submitted to when He went down into that river to be baptized of John.
So according to Catholic theologians "that wrote the new testament which remnants that YOU read in the KJV ... Jesus choose to go from his position as a Jewish rabbi ... to be baptized into no religion whatsoever???

You are an idiot!

Prince George, Canada

#547959 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
They have to shoot the messenger because they can't handle the truth.
The only messengers of the new testament were Catholic church fathers who doctored Judaism into an unrecognizable religion.

Maybe you could study this idea ... if you would take the time to read the following.

Polytheists Jews all have saviors in their religious literatures.

Then along came the monotheistic Jews who created ONE god that they stated in their literature loved ONLY them. They didn't have a savior-myth because they claimed that the one god in the sky loved ONLY them.

The Catholics were then forced to go back to the polytheist practice of creating a SAVIOR in their religion, because they KNEW that the Jews had complete control over the ONE god in the sky.

If you study religion from an objective point of view, you will see that the Jews with their monotheistic creation of the one god image ... were the ONLY ones that didn't have NEED of a savior-myth in their religion.

Cagey HUH???

Prince George, Canada

#547960 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
They can't obey Jesus, either - because he spoke the truth.
Once the Catholic theologians wrote that Jesus left Judaism to join the Catholic religion, they then were stuck in how to create the illusion that the one god no longer loved the Jews. So they removed the title Jehovah from the god and hoped that people wouldn't notice that the god lost his Jewish title.

It's not by chance that the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants have NO title on their god as did the Jews at that time in history.

Now the Jews simply pretend that the title G-d shows reverence to the unknowable one god in the sky.

Fake-ologists ... one and all.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#547961 Jul 7, 2014
Mueller wrote:
what bullshit, religion is just for idiots, your god only lives in your head. Just because so many people believe this shit, doesnīt make it any more real. Itīs like that saying, being the only sane person besides a whole lot of crazy, so that the crazy idiots think they are right. Wake the fuck up and explore the universe.
There is no true church, no true god and no true religion. Just people imagination running wild.
But yay for ignorance. God must really hate those poor countries and starving children :D
There was once a man named George Mueller,he lived in London,although he might have come from German extraction. However,he was a business man in his time(late 1800s) and on reading the Scriptures he felt that perhaps he was missing out on what faith had to offer him.He was a successful business man,and very intelligent,but thought that even though he did not consider religion at all,the Bible was an interesting book.So he read it!

Over the course of a year or so,his self-discipline in being an avid reader caused him to re-evaluate his thoughts (AGNOSTIC) and to take a risk and believe what he read in the Scriptures. He responded to the words of Jesus that we"must be born again" in the 3rd chapter of John's gospel,and his life started to take a 90 degree change in a different direction. After months of experiencing change,George Mueller decided that he would not spend the rest of his life seeking to profit only in business,(he was not married). But over the course of time he decided to respond to a profound desire to open a boys orphanage.

He started out small,and within a couple of years he had many boys from the streets of London living in this house,that was permitted by British authority to operate.His home opened the way to more homes,and without going into many details George learned that it would have been IMPOSSIBLE without God's help to not only keep the HOMES going,but to change the course of the boys he served in shaping their lives. YES,George Mueller became a man of faith,so much so,that he was recognized in English Archives as a great humanitarian.But George knew that he in and of himself would never have been able to help so many boys,but that God whom you think is a hoax truly helped George to accomplish,that, which is humanly impossible in man's eyes!

Just so you know that you are not the only Mueller,and that all Muellers are not atheists as you chose to be. Your way of life leads no where,but to a grave,that you claim no doubt will be your final end. George Mueller chose to follow Christ,and he was inspired to help countless numbers of boys who were destitute and whose lives were more than likely to be a detriment rather than a blessing in England in that time period. Rant all you want about there is no god,and how stupid we are for believing.I hope the Lord will allow you to see the boys in heaven who were affected by the Christian George Mueller,so that you can know that God not only exists but that He loves you,and wants to give you beauty for ashes,oil for gladness,and a hope,rather than a futile end in a grave where your mortal body will be destroyed,BUT what about your soul?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#547962 Jul 7, 2014
Sorry folks about the double posting,not intentional!

Prince George, Canada

#547963 Jul 7, 2014
Mueller wrote:
what bullshit, religion is just for idiots, your god only lives in your head. Just because so many people believe this shit, doesnīt make it any more real. Itīs like that saying, being the only sane person besides a whole lot of crazy, so that the crazy idiots think they are right. Wake the fuck up and explore the universe.
There is no true church, no true god and no true religion. Just people imagination running wild.
But yay for ignorance. God must really hate those poor countries and starving children :D
They all believe that no other saviors or other gods than their own exists.

Religion is mass delusion and nothing BUT mass delusion.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#547964 Jul 7, 2014
Patriot wrote:
I guess we know who Not to trust with our donations anymore -
Red Cross refuses to disclose how it spent Hurricane Sandy money, says it's a 'trade secret'
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045843_Red_Cross_d...
My personal preference and a good SITE for checking out charities
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

These folks are at just about every disaster at home and abroad...found Darfur about a decade before the celebrities ....practical help.

They engineered special little houses after the Haiti earthquake ..that could be collapsed and not blow away in hurricanes, like the tents ...all that well publicized money to Haiti from all those sources, and no sturdy shelters ...abominable .

Anyway here is their website if anyone is looking . You can direct donate for a place or let them choose,where money is needed ...

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 607,282
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 796,616
contagion what ails the system (Oct '08) 12 min MAKEWORLDPEACEIDI... 736
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min cowboy 120,759
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 16 min Alli 1,899
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Remnant of 144000 39,679
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 31 min Madre68 10
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr thewordofme 641
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 267,562
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 20 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web