Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,054
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547893 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
By saying Incorrect, you're Implying that you are correct, that makes you Incorrect.
The video I posted was a Joke, nothing bad about HFY,
I like her as well and was meaning no disrespect to her.
You can take your smart as$ high fluten opinion of yourself and shove it up your as% dude!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547894 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm busy right now, liar.
Check with my secretary to see when I can get back to you, K?
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.

Location hidden

#547895 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says this clown was an "historian"?
"This book was initially published in 1853 as a pamphlet, then greatly revised and expanded and released as a book in 1858. Hislop's work has been described as conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination."[1]
Idiot.
"conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination" does not say "his info is thereby proven false"..

Try this one:

William Jones in The History of The Christian Church (1882 edition) devotes the first chapter of the book to the state of the world in general at the birth of Christ In discussing the religions of the nations he says:

Excerpt:
From the second to the fourth century we find a rapid departure - from the truth. Many of the churches turned from a congregational rule to that of preacher rule. Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire wanted the powers of Christianity and (in name, at least) he became a Christian. Under his rulership many of the churches were united with the state in. 313 A. I). and a hierarchy was born. Thus a development was started which climaxed iu the rule of the first universal pope, Boniface III, in 606. Popery is the result of a long, drawn-out development. There was no super organization to rule over the churches in the first century..

There is no mention of the Catholic church in the above...because, per Scripture, it was not there...if it were there, Christ would have referred to it...He did not...

Repeat: There was no super organization to rule over the churches in the first century..

The RCC is a denomination...as I recall, the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination...

As I said...there is no record of Catholics being persecuted by the Roman Empire, because they were not there!!!!

Location hidden

#547896 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no ex about it, fool.
You're still a liar.
Do we have to revisit who and whom?
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.....,

Location hidden

#547897 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now maybe you could try answering my question.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if Jesus lived he never would have strayed from Judaism to promote any other religion as being based on universal truth.
Do you agree with me???
There is no "if Jesus lived"...He lived...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#547898 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination" does not say "his info is thereby proven false"..
Try this one:
William Jones in The History of The Christian Church (1882 edition) devotes the first chapter of the book to the state of the world in general at the birth of Christ In discussing the religions of the nations he says:
Excerpt:
From the second to the fourth century we find a rapid departure - from the truth. Many of the churches turned from a congregational rule to that of preacher rule. Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire wanted the powers of Christianity and (in name, at least) he became a Christian. Under his rulership many of the churches were united with the state in. 313 A. I). and a hierarchy was born. Thus a development was started which climaxed iu the rule of the first universal pope, Boniface III, in 606. Popery is the result of a long, drawn-out development. There was no super organization to rule over the churches in the first century..
There is no mention of the Catholic church in the above...because, per Scripture, it was not there...if it were there, Christ would have referred to it...He did not...
Repeat: There was no super organization to rule over the churches in the first century..
The RCC is a denomination...as I recall, the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination...
As I said...there is no record of Catholics being persecuted by the Roman Empire, because they were not there!!!!
I hate sounding like Preston the Apostle, but you are without a doubt the biggest idiot on this board, and that says a lot......don't post to me anymore.

Location hidden

#547899 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are USING the KJV bible, how do you know what scriptures are all about in the Catholic bible???
Only Martin Luther was brave enough to use the lie-filled Catholic bible for both of his religions.
The Protestants pray that their KJV that was based on the Catholic bible managed to filter out all of the evil.
Stupid heaven hogs.
:)
All Scripture in my post is from NT....the NABre has the same Chapters and verses...the NABre has extra Chapters/verses in the OT that are not inspired Scripture...

One more freebie...no charge for tutoring...

Location hidden

#547900 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate sounding like Preston the Apostle, but you are without a doubt the biggest idiot on this board, and that says a lot......don't post to me anymore.
Typical Catholic...cannot face the truth...

You do not have the authority to police and/or monitor this forum. I will post to whomever I please...

Location hidden

#547901 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And:

The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)

The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)

Can't argue with History....it is there for all to see, study and learn...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547902 Jul 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Just read a great thought.
Jesus,Taught such a,simple salvation..
All religions have their savior-myths.

Jesus is just the last one in a long line-up of saviors written into religious literature.

Do you have faith that the other saviors also exist and will come to save their devotees???

My guess is ... you won't answer this question as you don't want to expose your own Hogishness

Prince George, Canada

#547903 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great article.
It MUST a support of Catholicism.

Why is it that none of you Christians will answer my question???

Do you believe that if Jesus lived, he would stayed faithful to ONLY Judaism???

You all KNOW that you are liars.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#547904 Jul 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, not really. Judaism is filled with "theology, ritual, and practices", and as a practicing Jew, Christ participated in all of it.
"Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus — The Smackdown"
I can’t help but think, in the midst of all this, that this hating-religion-loving-Jesus thing is the logical consequence of Protestantism. For a 21st-century Protestant looking at a thousand-something churches, I imagine there is an immense temptation to say “It’s all a wash. I will follow Christ, not a religion,” and be done with it.
So onto the first bit of silliness — the idea that Jesus came to abolish religion. Unforgivable. He literally said the opposite:“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” What were the Law and the Prophets? Judaism. What is Judaism? A religion. What did Jesus specifically say he was NOT going to abolish? That’s right. A religion.
This is made apparent not only in the words, but in the actions of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in the sacraments or not, there is no doubt that Christ established ritual. It’s one thing to ignore Christ’s statement to “eat my body.” It’s another to ignore his command to “do this in memory of me.” Christ commanded that we have ritual. The early church followed this ritual, they obeyed his command to “do this in memory of me.”
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012...
I wasn't talking about the sacraments..I'm talking the exclusionary attitude of some religions....

Christ had nothing good to say regarding the temple and its,religious,leaders...follow ,this,little thing ..can't heal on the,Sabbath but it's,ok to get your mule out of a ditch. Wash ands in a certainty...we,know those,laws were given the,Jews for health reasons, to preserve them, especially the dietary laws...and health rules..

If I post to love,Jesus, you would disagree,as,I'm trying to say Regina.

I believe we,were created to love GOD .....to dwell with Him lovingly in HIS,HOME ...

JESUS FUFILLED the law.and prophecy

..the chief ritual of the Temple was Sacrifice for this,and that, ARE YOU SAYING we should kill lambs,...to be forgiven...that was,over and done with for God by the Cross ...one scapegoat, one PERFECT SACRIFICE...IT IS,FINISHED ....where does it say the apostles,practiced this main facet of Judaism ????

.when asked about the commandments , he had,two ...love,,,that's,love GOD and your fellow,man..

NOT TELL each one about the denomination they must belong to in order o be saved .THAT'S,US, making it NOT SIMPLE....BELIEVE AND HAVE ETERNAL LIFE ......nit join a church....WE ARE THE CHURCH ....

If your Church is a,source of comfort AND BELIEVES,IN JESUS,AS,SAVIUIR .....AS,HE SAID....all well and good ...but saying t follow,the,Pope or Joel Osteen to have the true keys,to heaven. Putting man over bird in CHRIST , can turn a,true simple belief into a,hurdle CHRIST never intended. Imo...

Follow,HIM ....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#547905 Jul 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> By saying Incorrect, you're Implying that you are correct, that makes you Incorrect.
The video I posted was a Joke, nothing bad about HFY,
I like her as well and was meaning no disrespect to her.
You can take your smart as$ high fluten opinion of yourself and shove it up your as% dude!
Did Jesus' spirit agree with this post, or have you lowered your self down from his great spiritual prowess???

Prince George, Canada

#547906 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "if Jesus lived"...He lived...
Yes of course ... and he followed you and Martin Luther into the Protestant religion, as before the Protestant religion Jesus had no purpose whatsoever to his life.

Hahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#547907 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate sounding like Preston the Apostle, but you are without a doubt the biggest idiot on this board
Preston is a Jewish apostle???

WOW! That's impressive.

Maybe he's the third coming of Saint John the baptist, only this time Saint John is a Protestant.

Idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#547908 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All Scripture in my post is from NT...
Not the first new testament, as it was not even compiled in English.

A lot of revising of the Catholic lies occurred since the Catholic doctors of words morphed the literature of Judaism into something totally unrecognizable to the Jews.

Prince George, Canada

#547909 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Catholic...cannot face the truth...
Just as it is with you, he has this urgent need to believe he preaches universal truth on behalf of Jesus and God.

Prince George, Canada

#547910 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't argue with History....
Sure you can ... or you wouldn't.

It's FUN to believe you own the one and only truth in the universe.

The popes did it before you, and the Jews did it before the popes, and the Buddhists and Hindus did it before the Jews, and on and on back through history.

There's nothing new about religious philosophers putting on AIRS in the pretense that they know universal truth.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547911 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus' spirit agree with this post, or have you lowered your self down from his great spiritual prowess???
He's nodded out right now, and no, He would NOT approve of that post :)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#547912 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And:
The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)
The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.
However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)
Can't argue with History....it is there for all to see, study and learn...
You are as interested in truth as a tree stump. We know what you represent. You are a lying cheat. Thats why we need you around just in case there are any borderline Catholics listening. That's right. The greatest service you can do for the CC is argue against her. People need to hear your side too....Then they'll realize there is only one option. Thank you Ox!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Peace_Warrior 603,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Dave Nelson 765,092
San Diego Convention Center 35 min andet198 2
Side Effects of Hating Gays 35 min huff my jenkem 4
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 40 min andet198 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 263,611
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 48 min andet198 4,417
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 10 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search