Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637353 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548191 Jul 9, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yup. It's true. The Catholic church is the one true church.
No doubt about it.
You're funny :)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548192 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock June ...he will answer you ...
In our hearts no one here wishes you or anyone else to spend eternity without Jesus..
Thing is,, you know this...the choice has always been yours ......but you choose to blame either us or God, whom you credit with negative attributes but say you don't believe in ....mind of counterproductive...
Knock and the door will be open
Matthew 7 : 7
Ask and it shall be given you,
seek and ye shall find,
Knock and it shall be opened
unto you..

wonder verse and a great reminder of knowing, He is there....waiting

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#548193 Jul 9, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Lord sow and plants widely amongst people.
BUT...What have you done about it?
"A sower went out to sow.
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,
and birds came and ate it up.
Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil.
It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
and when the sun rose it was scorched,
and it withered for lack of roots.
Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it...."
~~~
I have been in the ministry for 63 of my 80 years and still going strong .
Have pastored over the eastern seaboard of The U.S.....(.from the state of Virginia to Maine..).Have been lead pastor here in Pa. since 1981...

The Roman Catholic tares will remain among the wheat till harvest time.

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
NOTE

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest

I will say to the reapers,

Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them:

but gather the wheat into my barn.
Liam

United States

#548194 Jul 9, 2014
guest wrote:
excxuse the re-post as previous post I forgot to close quote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
"Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
-
WOW!*ALL* of the FOLLOWING have been BOUND IN HEAVEN .....
-
Pedophilia CRIMES he (Pope Francis) said had taken on the DIMENSIONS of a SACRILEGIOUS CULT.
-
The atrocities of CONSTANTINE - CRIMES with the DIMENSIONS of a SACRILEGIOUS CULT.
-
The CRUSADES - CRIMES with the DIMENSIONS of a SACRILEGIOUS CULT.
-
The INQUISITION - CRIMES with the DIMENSIONS of a SACRILEGIOUS CULT.
Wow.. 3 posts by you this morning, and 17 references to Crusades, Inquisition, and pedophilia. You even capitalized for added emphasis.
You sound like a childish idiot. You've had every opportunity to learn about the Crusades and Inquisition but your ideology won't allow you to learn truths. And Pedophilia? Do you have data that shows the Catholic Church having a greater issue than your protestant cult? That's what I thought. You got nothing. You been exposed as being a fanatical moron.
now carry on......crusades crusades inquisition inquisition inquisition call no man Father crusades inquisition. Lol
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#548195 Jul 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I like giving my opinion just as you do.
The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Word of a God in the Bible as well as the unwritten word from the "historical traditions" handed down by Jesus Christ Himself, through the Apostles and the Early Church Fathers (who wrote and properly interpreted the Bible ----IS NOT MY OPINION ..........If you want "personal opinion" ask one or all of the 42,200+ contradicting and inconsistent bible only fundamental Protestants and you will get a "boat load" of conflicting "opinions"----ALL claiming Truth as they attack each other's confused and chaotic opinionated beliefs!....
Liam

United States

#548198 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If those Churches, to use your word, were universal, He would have referred to them as: "And unto the angel of the universal church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
And would have referred to all of them as such...the universal church...which He did not...because they were not....
There was no need to use "Universal" to identify the only Christian Church at the time John wrote the apocalypse. The Apostles were still alive, the Church was fairly small. Nobody opposed them yet. Protestantism was 1600 yrs away...the men the Apostles ordained needed to make known to the people, who the true Church, with the true Gospel was.
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna..."

The Church in Smyrna was a Catholic Church. One of their famous fathers was Polycarp, who was a disciple of John, and was instructed by him in the faith. Polycarp's disciple in Smyrna, was Turtullian, who wrote this to heretics like you around 200 AD:

"The heresies are at best novelties, with no continuity from the teachings of Christ. Perhaps some heretics will claim apostolic antiquity. We reply: Let them publish the origins of their churches or unroll their catalogues of thier bishops up until now, from the Apostles or some bishop appointed by the Apostles.... as Smyrnaeans count from Polycarp and John. Rome from Clement and Peter. Let heretics invent something to match this!"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smyrna

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#548199 Jul 9, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yup. It's true. The Catholic church is the one true church.
No doubt about it.
really?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548200 Jul 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What part of that verse and chapter I posted don't you understand?
I don't think anywhere In it, do I or Jesus say that YOU have to read the Bible to have the kingdom of God within you..
If that is what you saw then I SUGGEST you go to the eye doctor.
You're twisting of things are of an Epic Failure..
Reading Comprehension is something you seem to be lacking In..
If people didn't read YOUR religious literature, they wouldn't know that the kingdom of the supposed god is within them ... RIGHT???

And keep in mind that Judaism taught that the kingdom of God was within the Jews long before Christianity was a human ... "male of course" ... created word.

However ... you "being a spiritualist" who has no use for religion ... shouldn't be USING Christianized religious literature, as that is plagiarism on your part.

By the way ... where IS "spiritual" heaven and hell located ... other than in your brain-cells?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#548201 Jul 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What part of that verse and chapter I posted don't you understand?
I don't think anywhere In it, do I or Jesus say that YOU have to read the Bible to have the kingdom of God within you..
If that is what you saw then I SUGGEST you go to the eye doctor.
You're twisting of things are of an Epic Failure..
Reading Comprehension is something you seem to be lacking In..
And by the way ... as you are not trying to push people into spirituality, but rather LEAD them to spirituality, I suggest you would be better suited with the title leader-man.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#548202 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to use "Universal" to identify the only Christian Church at the time John wrote the apocalypse. The Apostles were still alive, the Church was fairly small. Nobody opposed them yet. Protestantism was 1600 yrs away...the men the Apostles ordained needed to make known to the people, who the true Church, with the true Gospel was.
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna..."
The Church in Smyrna was a Catholic Church. One of their famous fathers was Polycarp, who was a disciple of John, and was instructed by him in the faith. Polycarp's disciple in Smyrna, was Turtullian, who wrote this to heretics like you around 200 AD:
"The heresies are at best novelties, with no continuity from the teachings of Christ. Perhaps some heretics will claim apostolic antiquity. We reply: Let them publish the origins of their churches or unroll their catalogues of thier bishops up until now, from the Apostles or some bishop appointed by the Apostles.... as Smyrnaeans count from Polycarp and John. Rome from Clement and Peter. Let heretics invent something to match this!"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smyrna
Tertullian was a key player in the transition of the church from a persecuted minority to a major influence in Roman society. Early in his ministry, he wrote his Apology, which defended the church against the persecutions of the state and explained the principle of religious liberty as an inalienable right of man. He was the first writer to use the word church to describe a specific building, rather than the assembled people. He was also the first to speak of a distinction between clergy and laity, though he affirmed the universal priesthood of the believers.

While he is known as the father of Latin Christianity, and some would blame him for the errors of the Roman Catholic Church, many of Tertullian’s teachings stand against those errors. Tertullian laid down the principle that custom without truth is only time-honored error. In other words, tradition must be backed by Scripture for it to have any value. Regarding baptism, he firmly taught against baptizing children because they were not old enough to repent and believe. Though he was one of the early church fathers who advocated celibacy as the correct interpretation of 1 Corinthians 7, he himself was married.

Later in his life, possibly after a dispute with Roman bishops, Tertullian adopted Montanism, which marked him as a heretic in the church. Despite that move, his earlier writings maintained their popularity and value among his peers and have remained a valuable part of our theological heritage. Tertullian was a man greatly used of God to define and defend the essential doctrines of the faith, and we are still benefiting from his ministry today.

Prince George, Canada

#548203 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore her. It couldn't be more obvious she's schizophrenic or bipolar. Not that that's an excuse for her cruelty. Not all in her condition act like that. Just be thankful no one you love is a June V. Imagine your child becoming one of those.
Keep in mind that Sera is Greek Orthodox ... and that makes her an evil heretic.

You are not supposed to side with evil heretics ... as according to most of your popes ... God wanted evil heretics burned at the stake. The popes were helping the devil by starting the cremation of living humans before they became souls.

All in accordance with Jesus' and God's will ... of course.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#548204 Jul 9, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why does Seraphima bother you so much? It seems she has something that you are missing in life. So sad for you.
Her lies bother me.

Besides you read her words ... she's NOT here for sympathy. She's here to be happy for herself and Nick that they will reunite in Greek Orthodox heaven ... where they, Jesus and God KNOW that most souls will spend eternity in hell for not believing that Jesus is their savior.

Religion is based on silly LIES ... and that includes your special BRAND of religion.

Prince George, Canada

#548205 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not all the Bible says.
From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

Teach them to fear those “sins” so greatly that they will react forcefully and irrationally toward anyone (family, friend, fellow Christian) who dares suggest that their group might be making a mistake in any of its teachings.

Prince George, Canada

#548206 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Although the word "Catholic" correctly identifies the title of the Church, its really just an adjective, describing the Church. The Church is Universal (Catholic).. Antioch, Corinth, Ephesus, Rome, Alexandria..... understand? Universal faith. Uni=One.
The word was not associated with any church before the Catholics grabbed it to imp-LIE that their religion meant universal truth.

The word simply meant universal.

Prince George, Canada

#548207 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Excerpt from the Catholic encyclopedia:
Written originally to individual Churches or persons, to meet particular necessities, and accommodated as they all were to particular and existing circumstances, these books were gradually received by the universal Church as inspired, and with the sacred books of the Jews constitute the Bible.
Note: received by the universal Church as inspired...
And we all know Catholics claim this "universal church" to be the RCC denomination..so, they received....not compiled...
Catholics did not receive information from a god or from a savior. They STOLE literature from the Jews and twisted it to suit their own agendas. They stole the word Ihcuc from the Greeks and morphed it into the word Jesus.

And your Puritan Protestants and the goofy King James the first took the Catholic lies and twisted them even more to plagiarize what was at one time lies written by the Jews and other liars that claimed to know universal truth.

Wake up ... or keep on spreading your lies that gives you emotional HIGHS. It's your life to live as you see FIT.

Prince George, Canada

#548208 Jul 9, 2014
Regina wrote:
This week’s Supreme Court’s verdict in the Hobby Lobby case comes as good news for religious liberty.
Children that are indoctrinated into the right-fighting religions don't have liberty from religion.

And that is TRAGIC, as they will grow up to keep on fighting, as did and do their parents, about who the one god loves and who he will reject to the many human created hells.

Prince George, Canada

#548209 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June,is,angry we,all believe Nick is,in heaven and has been vocal about it.
Nick has been vocal about being in heaven???

What about the souls you believe are gnashing their teeth in hell. Have you heard any WORD from them lately???

Prince George, Canada

#548210 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
no she did not .......
We,were,all talking about NICK...and heaven..you started insulting her and her husband...until then NO ONE MENTIONED YOU at all., in the conversatiin..
You then maybe felt the need to attack, but Nick and his,soul had nothing to with the stare,of your own June.
You yourself need to knock on the door ....no one here,can do it for you ...Jesus,tells,us,to knock and it will be open...again NICK OR SERA, have nothing to do with it ....just you ...
One,person going to heaven has,NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYINE OR ANYTHJNG ELSE,RELATED TO ANYONE ELSE'S,SOUL....
It's,one person's,relationship to the,Lord,,,period.
If you were only so anxious to defend Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist ... souls as being equally worthy of eternal bliss ... I might believe that you are kind.

But as it is ... you don't even believe that Catholics deserve heaven ... even though without the new testament your Protestant religion would not exist.

RIGHT???

I want you to look in your mirror and say to your self ... "Am I really all that special to God and Jesus just because I belong to the Protestant religion?"

It "might" help you to deflate your ego.

Prince George, Canada

#548211 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, ox. I am not really posting to you seriously. I know what you do....you play word games.
From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

Leaders prompt you to think that you are probably committing sins of pride or rebelliousness if you don’t believe every word of the Bible as they interpret it to you.

Leaders get you to believe that they don’t interpret the Bible but just “teach what is in the Bible”—making the Bible synonymous with their interpretations.

Prince George, Canada

#548212 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you for that.
In the short time I knew him...he was a positive, funny and most knowledgeable Christian, going the extra Mike to help answer questions..I did internalize for a,long time just how much effort that took for him , bless his heart .
Muslims Imams that suffer fatal physical ailments also have great senses of humor with those who agree with their religion.

Isn't THAT a coincidence???

I suggest that it's easy to be happy about dying when you believe you are going to be rewarded with eternal bliss for being in a specific religion.

If you believed that YOU were going to hell after death ... would YOU have a good sense of humor that your physical and emotional suffering had all been worth while.

I suggest NOT. Yet you and your Christian religion wants to put that LOAD on other people.

Shame on YOU!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 min DENG 37,996
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min It aint necessari... 28,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Thumper 618,160
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 181,902
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy Commandment... 44,131
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,745
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,038
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr pusherman 968,773
More from around the web