Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

StarC

Van Nuys, CA

#547853 Jul 6, 2014
The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of centuries it developed a highly sophisticated theology and an elaborate organizational structure headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.

The number of Roman Catholics in the world (nearly 1.1 billion) is greater than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman Catholics than all Buddhists or Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Shīʿite and Sunni Islam.

These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith. Without a grasp of what Roman Catholicism is,...(200 of 60,236 words)

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/507...
StarC

Van Nuys, CA

#547854 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice if you could treat homosexuals as being equal to you in worth.
But, of course you believe that a god ordains that because you are a heterosexual Catholic you are made of special stuffings.
Arrogant fool.
Your church is full of homosexuals in hiding. Do you think THEY will go to hell??
Now, now June bug, be nice.

R U sure or ru guessing? If u r sure how do u know, were u peeking, like magic Mike.

Only God knows who will go to he!!.

Just b/c I don't believe they should marry doesn't not mean that they are not respected , everyone should be treated with respect. Even u, lol.
Learn to do the same!

Jesus does not like anyone to have sex outside of Marriage.
( A Sacrament)
Homosexual or straight!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547855 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Try looking in the mirror and you will see a blatant liar.
Thanks for verifying my words to be 110% true...quote: I can spot a lie from a mile..

Words of advice...from an ex-expert liar with forty years experience.. Every lie must contain an element of truth...never tell a lie that can be easily proven to be a lie...

Location hidden

#547856 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says this clown was an "historian" ? Lol.
The Two BabylonsEdit
Main article: The Two Babylons
This book was initially published in 1853 as a pamphlet, then greatly revised and expanded and released as a book in 1858. Hislop's work has been described as conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination."[1]
Rated five stars:
For anyone that is not satisfied with accepting what we are told is the truth but, likes to see the evidence historically and biblically this is the book for you. However, Alexander Hislop highlights church practices that do not have their root in the bible at all.

Extremely, challenging yet I believe necessary for the seeker of truth.
----

Where did the practices and beliefs of Roman Catholicism come from? In this scholarly classic, first published over eighty years ago, Alexander Hislop reveals that many Roman Catholic teachings did not originate with Christ or the Bible, but were adopted from ancient pagan Babylonian religion, and given Christian names.

Although difficult reading, this book accurately provides a fascinating historical in-depth examination of the shocking similarities between the practices of ancient Babylonian religion and those of today's Roman Catholic church.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#547857 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for verifying my words to be 110% true...quote: I can spot a lie from a mile..
Words of advice...from an ex-expert liar with forty years experience.. Every lie must contain an element of truth...never tell a lie that can be easily proven to be a lie...
You're not an expert liar, fool.

You're just a foolish liar.

Location hidden

#547858 Jul 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no problem with that.
Neither will any Catholic marching to the drum beat of your pied piper..
Magic Mike

Canada

#547859 Jul 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now June bug, be nice.
R U sure or ru guessing? If u r sure how do u know, were u peeking, like magic Mike.
Just b/c I don't believe they should marry doesn't not mean that they are not respected , everyone should be treated with respect. Even u, lol.
Learn to do the same!
Jesus does not like anyone to have sex outside of Marriage.
( A Sacrament)
Homosexual or straight!
.....Straight people like myself or closet gay people maybe like you having sex outside marriage is no more sinful than someone committing any other sin. Missing Sunday mass is the same level of sin as someone murdering someone. Mortal sin.

.....We could make a list a hundred pages long of sins that all have the same degree of what the church calls venial sin. We could make the same long list of sins considered mortal. All are forgivable according to the church.

.....Why single out people who have had or are having sex outside marriage? If there was a way to total which sin is most popular or most common, having sex outside marriage or cheating on ones spouse is right near the top and I would say the majority of people have been there......including me.

.....Didn't you have sex before you were married? Weren't you part of american grafitti when you were a teenager like most americans.

....Oh! the memories I have. I just wish I could remember them all...,(lol)......I wonder what those girls from back in the day are doing right now? Maybe Star they are wondering what Magic Mike is doing too...(lol)

.....and just think Star C,....Confession back then cleared all those nasty (lol) little sins.

Location hidden

#547860 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not an expert liar, fool.
You're just a foolish liar.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Michael

Canada

#547861 Jul 6, 2014
...Oh the memories!.... I sure miss the 1960s

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#547862 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a consensus amongst professional historians as it pertains to early Christianity. It is not necessarily theological,.
Of course it is theological. ALL religious history is theological. And you favor the theological history that favors your personalized opinion about Catholicism.

Columbus, OH

#547863 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
I'm busy right now, liar.

Check with my secretary to see when I can get back to you, K?

Location hidden

#547864 Jul 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who's roundness is so important an element in the Romish Mystery"
Lol. Romish? I think fanatics stopped using that word around the time of the Civil War. Nice of you to recycle it again.
In 33 AD, baked unleavened bread was round. Kinda like the Sun. He he. If you don't believe me, ask a Jewish rabbi. Pita bread (slightly leavened) and tortillas are also round.
In truth, Jesus held up a round piece of bread, and said "this is my body".
Those were some of His words...spoken symbolically...

The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

Otherwise, as Catholics, taken in the literal sense, Christ is teaching cannibalism...

Burns Lake, Canada

#547865 Jul 6, 2014
Magic Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Straight people like myself or closet gay people maybe like you having sex outside marriage is no more sinful than someone committing any other sin. Missing Sunday mass is the same level of sin as someone murdering someone. Mortal sin.
.....We could make a list a hundred pages long of sins that all have the same degree of what the church calls venial sin. We could make the same long list of sins considered mortal. All are forgivable according to the church.
.....Why single out people who have had or are having sex outside marriage? If there was a way to total which sin is most popular or most common, having sex outside marriage or cheating on ones spouse is right near the top and I would say the majority of people have been there......including me.
.....Didn't you have sex before you were married? Weren't you part of american grafitti when you were a teenager like most americans.
....Oh! the memories I have. I just wish I could remember them all...,(lol)......I wonder what those girls from back in the day are doing right now? Maybe Star they are wondering what Magic Mike is doing too...(lol)
.....and just think Star C,....Confession back then cleared all those nasty (lol) little sins.
The word SIN itself suggests that "God" is offended. I suggest that the all "sincere" religious preachers are offended when others won't believe they speak on behalf of gods.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547866 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good vid.
But make no mistake.
HFY is one of the best voices on these thread.
And I consider HFY a friend.
I think she is awesome as well.
I love reading her post, it's you that has made the mistake..
Anthony MN

United States

#547867 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rated five stars:
For anyone that is not satisfied with accepting what we are told is the truth but, likes to see the evidence historically and biblically this is the book for you. However, Alexander Hislop highlights church practices that do not have their root in the bible at all.
Extremely, challenging yet I believe necessary for the seeker of truth.
----
Where did the practices and beliefs of Roman Catholicism come from? In this scholarly classic, first published over eighty years ago, Alexander Hislop reveals that many Roman Catholic teachings did not originate with Christ or the Bible, but were adopted from ancient pagan Babylonian religion, and given Christian names.
Although difficult reading, this book accurately provides a fascinating historical in-depth examination of the shocking similarities between the practices of ancient Babylonian religion and those of today's Roman Catholic church.
Who says this clown was an "historian"?

"This book was initially published in 1853 as a pamphlet, then greatly revised and expanded and released as a book in 1858. Hislop's work has been described as conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination."[1]

Idiot.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547868 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Every lie must contain an element of truth.
Do your lies contain an element of truth???

I suggest that if Jesus lived he never would have strayed from Judaism to promote any other religion as being based on universal truth.

Do you agree with me???
Michael

Canada

#547869 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is theological. ALL religious history is theological. And you favor the theological history that favors your personalized opinion about Catholicism.
.,..Exactly!!

....Gather up well educated Jewish historians and they will clearly show how christian writers purposely mistranslated Hebrew meanings to fit the agenda of Christianity.

....start with the mistranslation of the meaning of virgin birth.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547870 Jul 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jehovah-God lives and knows anything, I suggest he knows you are a Catholic liar.

Columbus, OH

#547871 Jul 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think she is awesome as well.
I love reading her post, it's you that has made the mistake..
Incorrect.

Location hidden

#547872 Jul 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of centuries it developed a highly sophisticated theology and an elaborate organizational structure headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.
The number of Roman Catholics in the world (nearly 1.1 billion) is greater than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman Catholics than all Buddhists or Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Sh&#299;&#703;ite and Sunni Islam.
These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith. Without a grasp of what Roman Catholicism is,...(200 of 60,236 words)
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/507...
What you are saying is not based on Scripture or you failed to include it...this correct teaching is supported by Scripture:

VI. The Church

A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.

Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3

SBC Faith message excerpt...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min Buck Crick 209
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min Johnny 5,027
Snapchat fun 2 accounts 4 min Chick3687 4
The straight folks fight on... 8 min Magenta5525 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min Spider1954 3,038
anti christ 11 min blake stare 1
Why driving for Uber is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS 13 min Flowerz7788 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Joe Fortuna 70,950
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Huh 974,759
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Blink 282,997