Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589734 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#547482 Jul 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
The Vatican never said "Roman" Catholic Church only true Church. The Roman Catholic Church is no more truer than the Maronite Catholic Church.
Are you capable of learning new things? I'm not trying to be mean, but I know you know the Vatican never said it. People showed you lots of info, explaining what the title "Roman" means. I suspect it conflicts with your ideology. The Church has to be called Roman at all times by fundies, so people get that image of tyrants in chariots, waiting to conquer their Bibles. Lol. The misuse of the title "Roman" is just another example of the long list of deception by your camp.
-
-
Are YOU capable of learning the TRUTH?
-
The truth of the Bible NEVER changes, Liam.
-
That's why it is called inspired of God and was written down for a place to go to to refer to make sure one is doing the right thing.
-
Funny, isn't it? how the Roman Catholic Church could be in possession of the Bible and yet be the only *Christian* church to start bey spreading warfare and torture all over the planet. Can it be more obvious that they never read the Book they claim stewardship of?
-
It really doesn't get more disgusting than the Roman Catholic Church.
-
YES. ROMAN Catholic - to differentiate it from other Catholic churches which want nothing to do with the pope of Rome.

United States

#547483 Jul 4, 2014
guest wrote:

I believe the TRUTH of the BIBLE - NOT the lies of the papacy.
-
The SAD part is YOU believe the leaders of worst institution ever to 'grace' the planet and falsely claim Christianity as it's base, the Catholic Church - comprised of murderers, torturers, pedophiles and in the information age there is no excuse for it!possible. You embedded lie after lie into your brain. Now its become truth to u. Scary!
-
-
Liam wrote:
In the information age, there is no excuse for radical fanatics who masquerade as Christians. Like I said, if my kids were as ignorant as you, I would smack em up side the heads. You guys are a disgrace, guest. I pray that you could cut it out, but I just don't know if that's possible. You embedded lie after lie into your brain. Now its become truth to u. Scary!
-
-
I quote the Bible and you call it a lie, and tell me how scary it is.
-
KNOW THIS: Satan and his minions are TERRIFIED of the truths in the Bible.
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#547484 Jul 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You ALWAYS FORGET OR IGNORE THE CONCEPT...
DO YOU invite,folks,to live,with you, they reject and hate you , but you let them in your house?
I doubt it.
I know,I don't want to live in my home,with people,who hate me .
God INVITES everyone , but yes it's His,house,.....He,desires the company of those,who LOVE HIM..ITS HIS,HOUSE, JUNE.... his,prerogative.....
I cannot believe you don't get this,...I think you do...but are,afraid of the concept .
"RoSesz" PRIDE PREVENTS JUNE FROM ACCEPTING GOD'S TRUTH.

United States

#547485 Jul 4, 2014
-
Matthew 23:9 "Call No Man Your Father ..."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547486 Jul 4, 2014
Theologian of ANY ancient religion ... "If you don't agree with MY doctrines in MY religion ... HELL will be YOUR fate, and that is universal truth!"

Prince George, Canada

#547488 Jul 4, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Are YOU capable of learning the TRUTH?
-
Catholics can't learn Protestant universal truth. They are "geared" to only learn Catholic universal truth.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#547489 Jul 4, 2014
Humans in religion expect others to come their way to in turn learn universal truth.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Prince George, Canada

#547490 Jul 4, 2014
guest wrote:
-
..."
Do you SEE what religion did to this religious ADDICT???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547491 Jul 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said "Roman" Catholic Church only true Church.
.....If this is true, than why have you been constantly posting about this topic for for 5 years?

Prince George, Canada

#547492 Jul 4, 2014
Religion teaches that Satan is not afraid of biblical scriptures.

Not afraid at all. In fact "his" image is very difficult to remove from human psyches.

That's why I never allowed an image of a devil into my brain-farts ... EVER.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547493 Jul 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you SEE what religion did to this religious ADDICT???
What's your point?
We SEE what atheist Religion has done to you..

Prince George, Canada

#547494 Jul 4, 2014
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Exorcism

The Roman ritual of exorcism is surely one of the silliest survivals of medieval superstition and credulity still extant, though the church has wisely relegated it to a dusty back shelf and rarely permits its use. Still, it is officially held that demons possess people, and that certain priests must be assigned the function of exorcist. According to the ritual, the exorcist is adjoined not to believe in “superstition,” yet in the same sentence is incongruously directed to discover any “magical spell, sorcerer’s symbol,” or “occult documents” that might have caused the possession.
Interestingly, one of the alleged signs of demonic possession is the same sign that Saint Paul took as a sign of divine possession: speaking in tongues.“When the subject speaks unknown languages” or understands unknown languages, demonic possession is indicated.
The exorcist’s first concern is for his own safety. At the invocation, God is ordered not to remember the sins of the exorcist of his assistants, and the possessed “should be tied down, if there is any danger of violence.” The demon is commanded to “do no damage” to anyone. However, since demons are defined throughout as disobedient, recalcitrant, and perverse, one wonders what can be the use of such commands. The demon is also said to answer questions falsly; yet the exorcist must ask it all sorts of questions about its name and antecedents, the numbers and names of its companions if any, its reasons for possessing the victim,“and other questions of the same kind.” In other words, the “possessed” person is encouraged to be highly creative in inventing responses.

continued

Prince George, Canada

#547495 Jul 4, 2014
continued

During the course of many long and tiresome addresses to the demon(s), to God, to angels and archangels, to saints, and in fact to almost everyone except the subject himself, the invasive spirit is commanded to surrender, to go away, to leave, to give in, to desist, to take flight, to get out (twice), to retire (twice), to go out (four times), to depart (six times), to give way (seven times), to be uprooted and expelled, and to be put to flight now. Yet all these dismissals are interspersed with rhetorical questions showing that the creature is not dismissed: Why do you stay? Why do you resist? Why dare refuse? All the foregoing commands are bolstered up by the Mysteries of the Incarnation; the Suffering, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ; the sending of the Holy Spirit; the Last Judgment; the name of the Judge of the Living and the Dead; Our Creator; God the Father, God the Son; God the Holy Spirit; the faith of the Holy Apostles; the blood of Martyrs; the purity of the Confessors; the pious and holy intercession of all the Saints; the Word made Flesh; and the strength of the mysteries of the Christian faith, not to mention assorted Cherubim and Seraphim, Powers and Virtues and Dominations of Heaven, and much more. One would think that all this heavy armament would be effective. In fact the demon is told that “it is impossible for you to refuse to obey.” And yet, one little demon can hold out quite well against all these superpowers, it seems. The creature hangs on, and must be told again and again to depart. Exorcism seems at best a creaky vehicle for God’s intercession.
The ritual is kept up until the exorcist sees “signs of liberation,” which, however, are not described. The directions include that demons often produce a false appearance of liberation, as if “the subject of Exorcism is not possessed at all.” How this is to be distinguished from the real thing is never made clear. Apparently, the ritual of exorcism is virtually interminable, going on until everybody is tired of it and/or the victim-hysteric-performer runs out of ideas for outrageous things to say or do. Then, he or she is either pronounced cured, or relegated to psychiatric ministrations that probably should have been applied in the first place.

Prince George, Canada

#547496 Jul 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What's your point?
We SEE what atheist Religion has done to you..
Yes indeed ... Theologians taught me that they were all liars that knew nothing more than non-human animals.

It took me 70 years of my life to completely escape their manipulating clutches.

You and your nonsensical spiritualty are still grinding away in the hopes that you can lead others to your supposed "enlightenment."

BWAAAGGHHH!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#547497 Jul 4, 2014
guest wrote:
-
Matthew 23:9 "Call No Man Your Father ..."
Lol. Do you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and make a deliberate decision to be stupid?

Prince George, Canada

#547498 Jul 4, 2014
When I first came on threads of Topix forums ... the Catholics and Protestants were continually threatening each other with being possessed by evil demons.

Now they have toned it down in the pretense that those in their religions are nice to each other.

Frauds!!!

You can't BE nice to each other and at the same time believe others are possessed by EVIL while YOU are the essence of HOLINESS.

Stupified religious addicts!

Prince George, Canada

#547499 Jul 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Do you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and make a deliberate decision to be stupid?
Until he joins your Catholic religion, he can't be wise and saved as are you ... RIGHT???

You expect too much of him. He "simply" can't BE a favorite of Jesus if he's a Protestant.

Hahahahahaha
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#547500 Jul 4, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I believe the TRUTH of the BIBLE - NOT the lies of the papacy.
-
The SAD part is YOU believe the leaders of worst institution ever to 'grace' the planet and falsely claim Christianity as it's base, the Catholic Church - comprised of murderers, torturers, pedophiles and in the information age there is no excuse for it!
-
The truth of the Bible says nothing about the New Testament being a book. Jesus said "this cup is the New Testament, do this (not 'write this").. Luke 22:20

Prince George, Canada

#547501 Jul 4, 2014
Thankfully I never bought in to the idea that if I followed a specific religious doctrine, by a god, I would be perceived as holy, while others that followed their own religious doctrines that differed from mine would be evil.

THAT was always a very SILLY "concept" to me.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#547502 Jul 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am reluctant to post the particulars of my wife's health because of the ungodly inhuman hate filled
dis-compassionate remarks that are being made by some here..
So I will just say...
My wife urgently needs your prayers..
Anna, Father, we pray for Kay's,health and,well being. Please heal and comfort this,dear,sister..in Jesus,name we ask coming together as,you instructed us...to lift our prayers go your Presence...amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 837,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min dollarsbill 4,227
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 11 min Havi 90
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 15 min SiddiqAhmed 693
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 45 min Tony17 446
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 52 min Naveen kumar 1,439
ER $luts 59 min Trouble maker 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 612,163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr set free in truth 176,854
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr RADEKT 271,297
More from around the web