Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687265 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#547792 Jul 5, 2014
"A Florida resident and cousin of a Palestinian teenager killed this week was pummeled by men said to be in the uniform of Israeli security forces, relatives said. "

And I hear our supposed US government is investigating this.

Don't worry, Christians take up arms.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#547793 Jul 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just post the verse and chapter where Jesus renounced Judaism and I'll shut up..
Are you a Christian? Why don't you talk to us?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#547794 Jul 5, 2014
Murder the NWO Now wrote:
<quoted text>
...TOPIX is purposely blocking certain characters that I am trying to post!!
Naw. It's not Topix. It's that transmitter the CIA implanted.

Don't worry, though.

OxBreath suffers from the same problem.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#547795 Jul 5, 2014
marge wrote:
Don't worry, Jesus says to Watch and we are watching.
Great.

Just when I dropped my drawers.
Michael

Canada

#547796 Jul 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Take my advice go to confession you'll feel better.
:) u r in darkness.
Christianity started at the birth of Jesus! Did u forget what you learned?
This is why we have confession ...
Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).
....I don't believe any of it. You have your opinion, I have mine and so does everyone else.

.....Its all about putting the Jesus puzzle together.

.....was there a young street person yeshua tripping around 2000 years ago? Quite possibly. Was he the son of God? Only Christians claim that. The religious belief he was supposedly devout to his entire life didn't believe in him....

......something is wrong StarC.

........42,001 different christian sects and each one using the same stories to come to their own conflicting conclusions. No thanks!

....christian organized religious leaders have a history of corruption, deceit and lies..and as you know scandals are going on right now within your organization.......NO THANKS!

.......Life is good........gotta run have a wonderful day..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#547798 Jul 6, 2014
marge wrote:
"A Florida resident and cousin of a Palestinian teenager killed this week was pummeled by men said to be in the uniform of Israeli security forces, relatives said. "
And I hear our supposed US government is investigating this.
Seriously..we are investigating Israelis ?? But the atrocities done TO Israelis...we ads quiet about ??

Or this is a,rumor? Both j ng we do surprises me anymore
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#547799 Jul 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just post the verse and chapter where Jesus renounced Judaism and I'll shut up..
Within the wacky theology ... if Jesus had lived and had not renounced Judaism, he would still be faithful TO Judaism. He would not have promoted Christianity ... and YOU would have NO biblical scriptures TO claim as being based on truth ... as there would BE no Christian bible ... period!!!

If you don't GET that concept, I can't do anything to help you.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547800 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is ignored...it has nothing to do with the subject matter...
It has "everything" to do with the subject matter.

You write today that Jesus favors your Protestant cult.

The Catholics in the fourth century compiled a book of lies that stated that a savior named Jesus promoted their Catholic church as being based on the one and only universal truth.

People wrote whatever they hoped would put them on the religious center stage ... and then attached the word universal truth to their own literature.

It was and is a nasty habit based on nothing but philosophical gibberish.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547801 Jul 6, 2014
Murder the NWO Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I still know WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG in regards to the (un) holy, satanic, putrid, stinking, rotting,disgusting catholic church.
This statement says more about you than you can imagine.

I suggest that Catholics are no worse or better than any other humans. We are all selfish ... period!!!
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547802 Jul 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like June forgot to take her meds again.
Did you know that religion is a mental drug? And from studying the wretched history OF religion, it's plain that the drug drove and drives many people to commit insane behavior.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547803 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
While God does not wish anyone to spend eternity in hell, He gave everyone the right to decide for themselves where they will spend eternity
How do you plan to entertain others while you spend eternity in Islam's hell?

Apparently it's far more cruel in its punishment than your Protestant hell???

Of course they have the extreme cold hell and the extreme hot hell ... but it's not clear if you get a choice ... or if GOD makes the decision which one you will get for having not joined Islam.

:)
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547804 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your input...JFK was a great loss...
He was a Catholic!

Do you that he is now in your Protestant hell???
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547805 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you are an atheist...am not calling you a liar...I just don't believe you are..
Well ... according to your universal truth ... if I'm not a Protestant I am an Atheist ... RIGHT???

After all, the word heretic has become old fashioned, as the smoke from being burned at the stake still hangs around the earth as a reminder of how LOVING was religion in the good old days.

Sarcasm intended!
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547806 Jul 6, 2014
marge wrote:
Don't worry, Jesus says to Watch and we are watching.
Are you and Jesus watching the Flintstones???

:)
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547807 Jul 6, 2014
marge wrote:
Whose side do you believe the loving god take in this war???

Idiocy!
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547808 Jul 6, 2014
For years as of late I never heard a pope or a televangelist use the word heretic.

It's no longer fashionable.

Do you think that the pope on his late visit to Israel would have openly referred to the Jews as heretics? Not a chance!

But you can bet that in his head he was and still is thinking that unless they become Catholics ... God and Jesus will reject them to Catholicized hell.

All of you religious "self-perceived wonders" believe that I am a heretic ... but you also believe that those in other religions are heretics.

There is not a doubt that religion is based on nothing but out of control EGO! Others are perceived as evil heretics or misguided "souls" ... and the self is perceived as SAVED and HOLY.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547809 Jul 6, 2014
I hope that if there is a hereafter, justice will prevail and there will be no more suffering for any forms of life.

I hope the little suffering spider that I put out of its misery yesterday will not have to ever suffer again.

If there is a creator and its will is that suffering continues ... there is nothing I can do about that issue. But while I am alive ... I have the right to not believe in the existence of such a calculating, manipulating monster.

And in that tiny regard ... my will shall be done.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#547810 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the wacky theology ... if Jesus had lived and had not renounced Judaism, he would still be faithful TO Judaism. He would not have promoted Christianity ... and YOU would have NO biblical scriptures TO claim as being based on truth ... as there would BE no Christian bible ... period!!!
If you don't GET that concept, I can't do anything to help you.
The original gospel of Mark never made mention of Jesus as god.

Jesus-as-god thing was all added later, when the attacks on Jews began.

A good example is how the Pharisees are misrepresented in the Bible. In the real world, Jesus would have been a fan of these traditionalists.

But the worst thing is writing how the later story says Jesus does not wash before the meal -- basic hygiene.

BASIC HYGIENE that no one disputes today.

BASIC HYGIENE that no Jew disputed during Jesus' time.

Imagine if Jesus were a real God! He would have praised and promoted basic hygiene and millions of people throughout the ages would have been saved from much disease and suffering.

Obviously, the ones who created the Jesus myth knew nothing about the Pharisees or hygiene.

Just one more example of your point.

peace and love,
ramen
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#547811 Jul 6, 2014
As a child I could not be frightened to become a Protestant by threats of hell in a hereafter.

My conscience alerted me that my little Catholic friends did not deserve to burn in hell simply because they had a different religion than mine.

For paying heed to my own conscience, I was then, and am now ... thankful.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#547812 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
For years as of late I never heard a pope or a televangelist use the word heretic.
It's no longer fashionable.
Do you think that the pope on his late visit to Israel would have openly referred to the Jews as heretics? Not a chance!
But you can bet that in his head he was and still is thinking that unless they become Catholics ... God and Jesus will reject them to Catholicized hell.
All of you religious "self-perceived wonders" believe that I am a heretic ... but you also believe that those in other religions are heretics.
There is not a doubt that religion is based on nothing but out of control EGO! Others are perceived as evil heretics or misguided "souls" ... and the self is perceived as SAVED and HOLY.
REALITY 101..

How did the Pope praying for peace in Jerusalem work out?

If appears that God doesn't respect the Pope's prayers any more than God respects Pat Robertson's prayers.

God only respects my prayers.

peace and love,
ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 2 hr Sufi 29
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr River Tam 619,794
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 987,310
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Bongo 30,971
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 6 hr Panteri11 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr RADEKT 286,555
More from around the web