Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685847 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#546922 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have every right to mourn the death and loss of your beloved husband.
But I take umbrage at your preaching that Nick is in heaven ... because I am fully aware that you believe in hell for the majority of the world's population.
And that belief to me is very VERY nasty.
I don't believe that my family is in hell for not belonging to your Protestant religion.
If you want cruel ... I suggest that you think about all the people in other religions that DO believe that your Nick is now in eternal hell for not belonging to their religions.
On the other hand ... I believe that wherever Nick is ... he's at peace.
Now do you get my drift???
WITCH!!!
Miquel

Canada

#546923 Jul 1, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No I do not have a short memory Michael.I am hoping that nicks passing has soften the hearts of many here. Life is way to short to carry hatred for others. I am just trying to live the rest of my life that would be most pleasing for my nickie and for God .And I forgive as I know my Nick already has done.
....You are a very positive person. Don't let any posters get you down. Most of us try and push each others buttons, but no real harm is meant.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#546924 Jul 1, 2014
UBI PRIMUM

4.... Great indeed is Our trust in Mary. The resplendent glory of her merits, far exceeding all the choirs of angels, elevates her to the very steps of the throne of God.[1] Her foot has crushed the head of Satan. Set up between Christ and His Church,[2] Mary, ever lovable and full of grace, always has delivered the Christian people from their greatest calamities and from the snares and assaults of all their enemies, ever rescuing them from ruin.

"always has delivered the Christian people from their greatest calamities and from the snares and assaults of all their enemies, ever rescuing them from ruin."
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#546925 Jul 1, 2014
Comforting Arms

Dr. Stephen Davy

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.(Matthew 5:4)

There is a vivid memory etched in my mind—a day when one of my sons hugged a tree in our back yard. The tree had a "ladder" of nails driven into it, and he used them for climbing. I was about fifty yards away, watching and admiring the athletic prowess of my son, as he hung from the first branch eight feet from the ground. But his foot slipped off the nail and I saw his body swivel around to the other side of the tree.

As he held on to the trunk with one arm and wrapped a leg around the tree, he yelled for help. I began walking toward the tree, but in his moment of distress, he didn't wait for me to arrive. Typical of the very young, he hadn't yet discovered that sometimes it hurts more to let go than to hang on, so—he released his hold on the branch. He slid down the trunk and skinned himself on every nail protruding from the tree. A long bloody gash stretched from his waist to his chest.

He hit the ground, immediately bounded up, and came running. His feet were moving so fast that he even fell once as he ran. When he reached me, he leapt into my arms and began to wail. I just held him and hugged him, because I knew he was experiencing more pain than he had ever felt before. Although I am not a great father—in fact, sometimes, I'm not even a good father—I did what comes naturally to any parent witnessing his child in pain... I comforted him.

Why is it that we think God will do any less for His children? Why is it that we think God groans when He sees us coming to Him in pain? We assume He is thinking, "Oh, no... you're hurt again?" If we, as fallen, sinful, earthly parents can comfort our children in times of distress, whatever the cause, how much more will our perfect heavenly Father comfort us in our distress—whatever the cause?

The word for comfort in Matthew 5:4 is not sympathy, which means to feel with, or empathy, which means to have experienced the same thing and feel with, but a combination of two Latin words which mean to put strength in; to infuse with power.

This means that God doesn't just pat us on the back when we are in mourning; He gives us what we need to endure the pain of sadness. It's as David said in Psalm 138:3, "On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul."

Have you fallen from any trees lately? God will lift you up—blood, tears and all. So go ahead ... wail to Him in your sorrow; cry to Him in your distress; jump into His arms of healing.

Your Father is waiting to hold you close to Him. Then you will learn what Christ meant when He said, "Blessed are those who mourn ... for they shall be comforted."

----------
Chess

Columbus, OH

#546926 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The bare fact IS that anything you take from a Christian bible was first meant to make out that Catholicism was universal truth.
The Catholics compiled all the data in the new testament for their own USE to hold against others as heretics.
You were not supposed to horn in on Catholic dogmas and twist them to your own advantage, and try to make out that the Catholics were and are the heretics.
Martin Luther took full advantage of the Catholic bible in that VERY way.
Dishonesty will get you nowhere.

You were wrong in claiming Ignatius first used the term Christian.

Acts predates Ignatius' letters and claims the term was used decades before its writing.

And you are wrong about Luke being a Catholic, since that term first was used by Ignatius in the surviving record, and history records the actual rise of the Catholic church much later.

Pretending does not make it so, child, any more than pretending I'm a Protestant makes me one.

Strange how that works, eh?
Miquel

Canada

#546927 Jul 1, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you been told that there is "NOTHING" to argue about----NOTHING to debate and NOTHING to discuss...... The"fullness of the Truth and the fullness of the faith".. Has, is and will ALWAYS be firmly grounded and manifested in Jesus Christ (in and through) His historically and biblically "proven" One True Apostolic Catholic Church-----as it has for over 2000 years...... Arguing, debating and discussing ANYTHING historical or biblical with bible only Protestants, agnostics or atheists is a "total waste of time".-------That is the only reason why non-Catholics have come on this forum---to argue, debate, discuss and "desperately try to disprove" 2000 years of the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the Catholic Church established by Jesus Christ Himself with one of their 42,200+ contradicting bible only.
....How! Many times have you said 42,201...nothing to discuss!
... How! Many times have you said protestant man made contradicting! Nothing to discuss.
....How many times have you said half truths bible only! Nothing to discuss.

....Why doesn't Liam respond to your posts? Why doesn't Anthony/Regina, Dust storm have dialogue with you?.
...Nothing! To discuss, could that be the reason?

Busted!
Michael

Canada

#546928 Jul 1, 2014
.....Happy! Canada day..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#546929 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Christian LOVE is in full bloom today!
However, if you try putting me to death as a heretic today, your butt just end up incarcerated, where you will in turn suffer the fate of many haughty Christians that thought Jesus would protect their crimes of "endearment."
~~~

You have the compassion equal or below that of a wolverine ....

Your vicious remarks to Sarah (in her grief for the lose of her husband) is subhuman.

it is the characteristics/attributes of Your father the devil.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#546930 Jul 1, 2014
hi, LAM DOES THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAVE A MOTHER.

GOD WAS BEFORE TIME, HE HAS NO MOTHER OR FATHER

FOR GOD TO HAVE A MOTHER HE WOULD, HAVE BEEN CREATED.

HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty REV:1-8
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546931 Jul 1, 2014
These are the tricks people play.

Martin Luther needed the Catholic bible to start his new religion

Had Martin just claimed that a god was telling him these new ideas, people would have laughed at him.

He was a very cunning operator. He took words written by Catholics for Catholic use only ... and twisted the words in such a manner as to turn the words AGAINST the Catholics.

How was that for being CUNNING???

And the Catholics committed the same atrocity against the Jews.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#546932 Jul 1, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonesty will get you nowhere.
You were wrong in claiming Ignatius first used the term Christian.
You have your opinions, and I have mine.

I'm done with you on this subject ... at least for now.

Location hidden

#546933 Jul 1, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
An angry fool's response.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Chess

Columbus, OH

#546934 Jul 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your vicious remarks to Sarah (in her grief for the lose of her husband) is subhuman.
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
Word on the street is the devil denies paternity.

A DNA test should clear this up.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#546935 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~

Catholics believe he's YOUR father too.

Shall we agree with the Catholics and make peace.

:)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#546936 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your opinions, and I have mine.
I'm done with you on this subject ... at least for now.
Incorrect.

I have facts.

You have ignorance.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#546937 Jul 1, 2014
Miquel wrote:
<quoted text>
....You are a very positive person. Don't let any posters get you down. Most of us try and push each others buttons, but no real harm is meant.
Honestly....on this forum I believe that ALL Christian should ban together to battle the real poison here and that is June and her evil beliefs. The true enemy of God are the non believer's.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#546938 Jul 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, but anyway...not interested in playing bible scrabble with bible-only protestants. I suggest you exert your energy trying to convince the other bible-only protestants, most of whom disagree with you, first.
You're right, I'm wasting my time. I mean no one receives salvation when they are 3 months old because of their parents' faith. You got to have salvation if you're in the discussion about losing it eh Tony....have a good day
Chess

Columbus, OH

#546939 Jul 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Repetitive dishonesty from a proven fool -- and thief.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#546940 Jul 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I suggest that you should stop insulting the wolverines.

Wolverines don't have any religion to in turn try to rule over other wolverines as knowing universal truth.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#546941 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you should stop insulting the wolverines.
Wolverines don't have any religion to in turn try to rule over other wolverines as knowing universal truth.
And you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Tm Cln 26,877
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 1 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 985,728
Snitxh 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Jake999 6,452
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 hr Classic 4,294
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 15 hr Red Crosse 7
More from around the web