Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641219 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Waconia, MN

#546534 Jun 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>CONFUSION??????????
your church teaches that we must go thru Mary to receive Salvation.
Yours is just the same old anti-catholic bible only propaganda that Protestants have been BS ing and spreading since the Reformation.......You really need to stop reading your distorted bible only anti-Catholic "fiction" books that are squewed with lies, mis-interpretation of Sacred Scripture and twisted Church History spam!!....
Michael

Canada

#546535 Jun 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Inception of the Church and Christianity guaranteed you death if you caught with any wrirings not scribed by the Church. you worshiped their God or they slaughtered you..
They were relentless In the pursuit of all things Jesus, relics, writings, and the killing of true Christ followers.
His humanity is not what's in question, but his Divinity, and for me that goes w/out question.
Jesus was/is the ONLY Intermediary between Divinity and Humanity..
The Catholic Church is the Anti Christ in my Book and also in the Book Of Revelations.
they slaughtered numbers uncounted for their " God" which is NOT Christ. IMO!
They ( Church ) wrote themselves into Christ..He never appointed them Intermediary..
.....Why would an a loving, all powerful God allow innocent people be slaughtered in the name of Jesus? Not a very good teaching tool.

...organized religion makes no common sense, and teaches stories of horror, fear, and negativity that still goes on today,......and creates division of people.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546536 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For a Christian to not take the name of Christ Jesus is a dishonor to Him who bought us with a price,.
Even if Jesus lived you would not be giving him praise to believe that he abandoned the Jews to love only Protestants.

That would be an insult of the worse type of insult.

So you can stop with your silliness of believing that Jesus is real and is waiting to welcome you into a Protestant heaven.

That is ridiculous.

Even as a child I wouldn't believe that ridiculous clap-trap spewed by Protestant ministers.
Cuck

Dublin, OH

#546537 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
"My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth, and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death, and will cover a multitude of sins."
My brethren (saved)....if any among you STRAYS from the truth....
What truth???
The truth of God's word.....
When James says my brethren, he is talking to those who are his brothers in the flesh, Jews. The Book of James is about those who DO NOT have genuine faith. James 2 Faith and Works he starts with My brethren. His he talking about true believers.....no.

Prince George, Canada

#546538 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called obedience to the Word of God, June....
Actually you expect "God" to be obedient to ONLY the Protestant religion.
Michael

Canada

#546539 Jun 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is just the same old anti-catholic bible only propaganda that Protestants have been BS ing and spreading since the Reformation.......You really need to stop reading your distorted bible only anti-Catholic "fiction" books that are squewed with lies, mis-interpretation of Sacred Scripture and twisted Church History spam!!....
....Oh! I am sure your comments will make Cowboy drop his belief and join yours.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#546540 Jun 30, 2014
sorry Hank I forgot he H in my name. Typing too fast

Prince George, Canada

#546541 Jun 30, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Dummy.
Who do "you" believe was the first man to write that word "Christian" if it was NOT the Catholic Ignatius???
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#546542 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
"But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang."
***some by longing for it (riches) have wandered AWAY from the faith......
Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.(Going back into the WORLD....leaving the SPIRITUAL state and going back to the PHYSICAL state).....separating themselves from God....
1 John 2:15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Does God take His love away...no. The love of God was never in the unsaved and that is why they return to the world.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#546543 Jun 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
~~``~~

The Bible is anti Catholic ...because the Roman Catholics are ANTI CHRIST AND ANTI BIBLE..

THEY ARE THE WALKING.... TALKING DEAD...NEVER BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT

JESUS SAID

om 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

-----

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

(NOTE)
1Pe 1:23 --- >Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. <---

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Prince George, Canada

#546544 Jun 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD has,one home..Heaven. it has,nothing to do with denomination..and you know,we feel this way ...at least some of us .
I suggest that you stop lying!

You are a Protestant because you believe the Catholic religion is based on lies and that your Protestant religion is based on universal truth.

No WAY do you believe that Catholics deserve heaven ... as do YOU!

Prince George, Canada

#546545 Jun 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You post what you want ...I'm.serious Sera.....most of us,miss,Nick..the rest are not worth the time to read their posts,on him..
If Nick is in heaven and has no more pain ... all of you should be ecstatic ... shouldn't you???

Prince George, Canada

#546546 Jun 30, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is Nonsense on the Part of the Roman Catholic Church..TO MURDER,PUT INNOCENT CHRISTIANS ON THE RACK.,...RAPE AND BURN THEM AT STAKE in the name of GOD
Martin Luther wanted the starving peasants to be slayed by those in government and he hated the Jews with a passion and also wanted them to suffer and die.

But I guess you don't want to address that ugly history ... do you???

Prince George, Canada

#546547 Jun 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> And yet they claim " The One True Church Of God" what a joke! Idolatry is what they specialize In, Evident by that poll alone..They worship the poop more than they do Christ!
St. Paul number 1, wow! just bleeping wow!
The word "spiritual" simply turns you on emotionally to believe that you FLY HIGH up in the sky while you perceive that others are earth-bound.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#546548 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Rose, the person can be restored.....
Repentance....Godly sorrow for the sins committed by the individual.....coming from their heart....turning from sin and staying on the straight and narrow.....
K just wanted to understand what you are,saying.

I've,read that Hebrews,referred more to those returning to TEMPLE sacrifice for expiration for sin..but these are troubling passages for those,who sin..

My personal belief is,that OUR LORD,is,jealous,to preserve those,who are,born again..I'm only a,person trying here to see why OSAS has some truth , in this,protectiveness,by the,Father of those,He,gave to the,Son ( in John 10, I believe)) I believe, havingvaccepted CHRIST, we ARE HIS, but He will not force us to keep faith...

In the end, it's,between us and Him..we read His,mercy is boundless, yet He has,such patience...it's,hard to fathom

Look at all the times,the,JEWS worshipped other gods ,the,kings,after DAVID, most did not lead the country to faithfulness, or just allowed horrid sacrifices to evil...yet for one faithful to Him, he gave them.so many chances..

yet He came,to them ....and His,plan is,redemption for them. In His,own way and time

Prince George, Canada

#546549 Jun 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree on forgiveness, hard as it is for us..Jesus forgives...
Is that why Christianity teaches that Jesus will reject all souls to hell that are not Christian?

Religion is based on idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#546550 Jun 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I keep telling June,, WE ARE TO KNOCK, then He will open the door...
Knock knock

Who's there?

"It's me."

Jesus ...'ME who?"

Jesus opens the door and there stands a faithful Jew to Judaism.

Jesus slams the door in his face and utters the "HOLY" words ... "Go AWAY you heretic. You failed the test to believe in me. You had to be a Christian to be saved."

Now ... if that isn't love ... WHAT IS LOVE???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#546551 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's a belief that something greater than your self is wise enough to favor YOU and also WISE enough to reject other souls to eternal hell.
Again...we do not reject anyone to he'll or any place else...

People,REJECT the ONE WHO MADE HEAVEN, HIS HOME...

DO you want folks,who hate you to live in your house..try to look at it that way...

Birthday HEXBARS THE DOOR ...KNOCK AND IT WILL BE OPEN..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#546552 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther wanted the starving peasants to be slayed by those in government and he hated the Jews with a passion and also wanted them to suffer and die.
But I guess you don't want to address that ugly history ... do you???
~~``~~

Just because Martin Luther received a Revelation from God about the subject " that the just should live by His Faith...

Does not mean he was enlightened in all of God's word.....HE only walked in the light that he had..

MARTIN LUTHER WAS A ROMAN CATHOLIC TRAINED AS A PAGAN PRIEST...AND MUCH OF ROMAN CATHOLICISM WAS STILL HIS FORTE....

When LUTHER got born again he was a Babe in Christ and there was much about GOD'S WORD that he had to re consider AND SEARCH OUT THE TRUTH...

LUTHER had to learn what Jesus meant when He said.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Prince George, Canada

#546553 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
We do not know the hearts of the Catholic Christians.....
Of course you DO!

That's why you are here ... to straighten out the Catholics and get them ready for salvation, so that Jesus will love them as he now loves Protestants.

You people CHOOSE to stay dumbed down in your religious cults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Cousin of Pipek 44,299
Greatest panties and/or bra experience (Jan '11) 6 min girls like boys i... 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Cousin of Pipek 618,346
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 25 min Paul is dead 4,059
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Bongo 37,804
Play "end of the word" part 2 39 min WasteWater 1,707
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min WasteWater 280,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gobeklitepe God 969,906
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Anna 104,608
More from around the web