Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#546513 Jun 30, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rosie you have it figured out always knew you did. As brothers and sisters we are to forgive each other seventy times seven even.
Agree on forgiveness, hard as it is for us..Jesus forgives...

What I'm not sure about With OSAS, can a saved Christian stay away from.Christ..

Some folks,sin grievously, I believe we must repent.....some folks have a wavering faith , as in sickness, grief, get mad at God..I don't mean these folks ,as I believe the Holy Spirit will deal with them..bringing them back. The,Shepherd will go after the,LOST SHEEP , those the FATHER has,given Him..

That's part of what I was asking Truth...if he believes,like,Hebrews implies,that the sacrifice does not count for them...if that's,what it means,..it seems,contradictory ...

But a,saved person, who walks away forever into grave sin or total unbelief, which is worse...???

...I'd like to believe once,saved they are saved, but maybe their hearts,can harden so thoroughly, there is,no return BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE,NOT TO...not because,God gives,up on them..

As,I keep telling June,, WE ARE TO KNOCK, then He will open the door...

He created us,for the purpose TO LOVE HIM .....what if we hate Him, God forbid..does Hexwantcfolks,who hate Him after having loved Him.and theorizing is,turning others from.Him

Maybe if there is is,a,mental disease , like Alzheimers. Unthinkable folks are nit responsible and will be treated by their hearts before they became ill ...

I know,God can go as,far as breaking a,person in their hearts,to bring them to repent and come into the fold....because they are,HIS,, but can there be Times,when even this does,not work ?

Thankfully this,is in God's discretion and not mine

I honestly am not sure,on this...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546514 Jun 30, 2014
"But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang."

***some by longing for it (riches) have wandered AWAY from the faith......

Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.(Going back into the WORLD....leaving the SPIRITUAL state and going back to the PHYSICAL state).....separating themselves from God....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546515 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As Christians, we are supposed to share and help in another Christian's grieving as we are part of the body of Christ.
I didn't notice any Catholic Christians on this forum grieving over "Protestant" Nick.

That tells another story ... don't you THINK???

On this forum it's all about which group of Christians is going to be allowed in "heaven" that matters.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546516 Jun 30, 2014
"My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth, and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death, and will cover a multitude of sins."

My brethren (saved)....if any among you STRAYS from the truth....

What truth???

The truth of God's word.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546517 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice any Catholic Christians on this forum grieving over "Protestant" Nick.
On this forum it's all about which group of Christians is going to be allowed in "heaven" that matters.
June,

We do not know the hearts of the Catholic Christians.....

One body in Christ Jesus.....a Christian knows what needs to do done when a Christian is grieving, June.....

Prince George, Canada

#546518 Jun 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Again I am Greek Orthodox and I believe that you do not know the true meaning of the word love or how to love.
You are correct. Words have different meanings to different believers.

I don't believe I will go to heaven while others go to hell ... and then claim to know the meaning of the word "love."

Prince George, Canada

#546519 Jun 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the kindness but I think it is best for me to leave again for awhile and let the hate continue since it makes June happier.
Today there will be thousands of humans dying from starvation related diseases. Maybe you could take your mind off of how happy your Nick is in Protestant heaven ... and grieve over REAL suffering.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#546520 Jun 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Protestant history only begins in the 16th century......Just who do you think you are preaching the truth of TRUE Church history prior to the 16th century when the "only thing" that you bible only "fundies" are trying to promote and (desperately) hang-on-to are your man- made (Martin Luther ) reformation doctrines that have absolutely no biblical or historical truth to back up ANYTHING that you believe and teach...... For over 35 years, I lived and was raised in this bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity-------a doctrine and teaching that was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century -----which biblically contradicts itself over and over and over again into 42,200+ inconsistent and conflicting denominations..... God (never was nor ever will be) the author of your bible only (man-made) Protestant confusion and chaos!!......
Oh for heaven SAKE,HOJO. What kind of church did you come from

Over and,over , you repeat .

Most True Christian Churches preach salvation through the,sacrifice,of Our,Lord and Saviuir , Jesus,Christ ..His,substitutionary death on the,Cross..as the ONE AND ONLY PEFECT LAMB..
HE drank the,CUP of our Sin because,it was the will of the Father that He submitted to in the garden...

You act like,only Catholics,believe in CHRIST as,Saviour, but unless your former Church was way out in left field, you know,different...AND when we leave this,world, HOJO, only the covering blood of our Saviour will matter, Not which Church or ritual we,practiced...

As far as guest or any of us,goes, only God knows,their hearts...yours,too..I'm sure you are a Christian in your profession of faith , so are other folks here, Catholic or not.

I am not among those,who think Catholics,are not saved, but it's,by their relationship with Christ..How,we each love Him...that's the first commandment ..WE forget that ..LOVE GOD...then love your neighbor ....and ONLY GOD knows if we,love Him....HOJO ...not you or any church ....

God does,not judge anyone COMPARED to anyone else,...we are alone with only Him at the hour of death ....you know,that ..

God bless you and yours,truly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#546521 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Nick was an Orthodox Christian...the chief word being Christian, June,....

We,believe Nick is,in heaven..he lived his faith and I know,he,loved God..that word again..LOVE .

knock June ....God opens,the door......you have to WANT to go to Him..

Prince George, Canada

#546522 Jun 30, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you here ... I don't think June is a good role model to be hanging around children.
Kind of like RCC priests.
Again you show your Protestant animosity toward Catholics.

I suggest members of Protestant clergy molested just as many children as did Catholic clergy ... but you don't want to be FAIR.

Just as you believe Protestants will go to heaven and Catholics will go to hell ... you display your continual favoritism ... that you in turn label as being based on the LOVE of "Christ."

Prince George, Canada

#546524 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The unconditional love of a child just might soften her hardened heart.....
Children are just as cruel as adults. Watch two babies fighting over a toy and you will see the ugly nature of the beast.

There is nothing divine about human nature.

Observe the attitude on this forum of "I am a holy servant of a most HOLY DIVINELY-natured GOD ... and all of you others out there that aren't in MY religion, are EVIL fodder of the devil."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546525 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Today there will be thousands of humans dying from starvation related diseases. Maybe you could take your mind off of how happy your Nick is in Protestant heaven ... and grieve over REAL suffering.
Leave her alone, June.....

If you want to pick on someone, pick on me......

WHAT ARE DOING TO HELP PEOPLE IN NEED????

This is what I have been telling you to get off this forum and do something CONSTRUCTIVE with your life..........

GO HELP OTHERS.....this will soften your hardened heart......
Michael

Canada

#546526 Jun 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Protestant history only begins in the 16th century......Just who do you think you are preaching the truth of TRUE Church history prior to the 16th century when the "only thing" that you bible only "fundies" ...
....you are always the first to cry when someone makes fun of your church, but its OK for you to call a group" fundies" instead of the proper term.

......grow up!

Prince George, Canada

#546527 Jun 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No programming involved, it's a belief in something greater than ourselves..
Actually it's a belief that something greater than your self is wise enough to favor YOU and also WISE enough to reject other souls to eternal hell.
Michael

Canada

#546528 Jun 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
..What is the upside for making such a negative comment? Your comments are nothing to do about Nick, they are intended to push Seras buttons.

.....its way past time to move away from personal attacks. Nothing good ever comes from them.

Prince George, Canada

#546529 Jun 30, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~``~~
Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
What's your point???

The dogma on which you base your Protestant universal truth stemmed from the new testament which was compiled by Catholics and therefore meant to serve ONLY Catholics.

You horned in where you weren't wanted and now you are so ignorant as to brag that you were NOT a thief of Catholic dogmas.
Michael

Canada

#546530 Jun 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And topix is a huge magnet ..
Ever go to some of these threads???? People talking about folks,in their town..
Fir the game,on Here we had to hit sites,on Topix to get points..I made the error of reading some of that garbage ...they are horrid and full of spaces where topix has deleted posts...
and then there is the abortion forums..talk about anger ...
Thing is....while this thread is tamer....we SHOULD be much nicer to each other.
I've argued big time with folks I totally disagree with ....totally...and not been called names by them ....we can do better ...imo
We all have lives,outside here, and even those whose opinions,I cannot stand have the same concerns,I do ....family, health etc...
Just a thought
....Well said!

Prince George, Canada

#546531 Jun 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the meaning of love, June???
To you it means that Jesus and God favors you because of your Protestant religion.

To me the word love ought to be thrown in the archaic waste basket as an over-used pile of trash.

However, as I have no other word to express emotions that give me such a high, I tell my family members and my closest of friends that I love them.

After all, it "would" sound rather silly to say "I like you."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#546532 Jun 30, 2014
In order that we might be deemed worthy to be caught away in the Bride of Christ as Christians we have this promise.

1 John 1:9

(ASV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(DRB) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity.

(Geneva) If we acknowledge our sinnes, he is faithfull and iust, to forgiue vs our sinnes, & to clense vs from all vnrighteousnes.

(ISV) If we make it our habit to confess our sins, in his faithful righteousness he forgives us for those sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

(KJV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(Vulgate) si confiteamur peccata nostra fidelis est et iustus ut remittat nobis peccata et emundet nos ab omni iniquitate

~~``~~

But if we wilfully continue in sin...and those that believe in OSAS apparently
want to be able to sin wilfully

else they would not even think about wanting a loop hole for sin...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

(We will have )
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Prince George, Canada

#546533 Jun 30, 2014
guest wrote:
THE FIRST CATHOLICS were ex-PAGAN.
The first Catholics were ex-Jews, craving to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.

They created the word Jesus and added it to the word Christ ... and ran with it.

The word Jesus means savior and the word Christ also means savior.

The term "Jesus the Christ" was and IS very misleading. "Savior the savior" is rather a silly term ... don't you think???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 min Paul is dead 4,135
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min It aint necessari... 38,309
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 1 hr Juara ads 8
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Barnsweb 18,709
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ex Lesbian 969,985
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Ex Lesbian 104,725
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,056
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,404
More from around the web