Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667936 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#546358 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you admit that JC IS busy sleeping. Did your prattle bore him to such an extent that he nodded off for the sake of his own "spiritual" sanity???
:)
hahaha! we got some potent Ganjah.
Hold up, he's coming to now..
He said puff puff pass :)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546359 Jun 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I do not Lie June
Religion is based on lies. If it was otherwise, you would all agree that if a creator exists ... the creator is responsible for the suffering of all forms of life ... period! Suffering could not exist without the approval of the all-powerful creator.

That would be a start on the road to taking you OUT from under the spell of religion.

Location hidden

#546360 Jun 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
1).....no kidding!
2)....what you believe is your opinion. Others have their opinion. That's what you don't understand.
Wrong again Michael.
I understand it, I Just don't accept it.

Location hidden

#546361 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... well I suggest it's better for you than your religion.
Your religion fills you with shit ... and prune juice empties shit.
hahaha! June you are silly as Hell..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#546362 Jun 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See my message and email. Just in case you want to share, your call
Your NICK walked the walk ..not just talked it. HE is,missed ...
Yes he did. I am shocked at the things I have found going through his work papers. Thirty three years worth. he kept everything. I came across awards and programs for treatement that he wrote that I never had any idea of. He was truly a humble man. I found a recorder with his voice on it expressing his feeling and thoughts of his walk with God. I never knew of this either. I play this often for hearing his voice comforts me. I found a tape of him on a tv talk show in Pittsburgh talking about juvenile sex offenders. I watch this often also. Nick made a huge difference to so many in this State and yet he was so disrespected in this stupid forum. He was highly respected in real life for what he did for people that needed help and that's it what is more pleasing to God .Its not about what is said on this stupid forum or whos church does the most for HUMANITY. Its about what YOU as an PERSON does for your fellow man that is more pleasing to God and how much do you love HIm and follow HIM....I love Nick much more today than ever for his compassion for those that he helped in his life, for his love of God, and for making a difference.

Prince George, Canada

#546363 Jun 29, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
MY tax dollars are helping. I followed your link. Not one story of Catholic relief services working at the border or helping to stop the flood.
In her own words, Mother Teresa was proud that she used the money meant to feed the poor, to in turn build more convents for nuns to become saints.

She watched babies starve to death in her "care" every day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

I could go on and on, filling page after page with dense examples of disasters and crises where Mother Teresa had had no involvement whatsoever. For me, a Calcuttan, born and bred, it does not come as surprise, as I know her order has no infrastructure - indeed it had never been her intention to create an infrastructure for such work, as she had frequently said,'I'm not a social worker.' But what I find somewhat disturbing is that she remained inactive when children were hurt or killed, or were at the risk of being orphaned ... this did not sit comfortably with her 'Child First' philosophy. But then, for her the unborn child was far more important than the actual child. Having gone through hundreds of her speeches I have wondered, when compared to the unborn child if the actual child mattered to her at all.

Aroup Chatterjee (1998), Mother Teresa: The Final Verdict

Location hidden

#546364 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again.
"You should have met Nick. He was outstanding ... especially his belief that Jesus would save him and reject the majority of souls to hell for not being Protestants ... blah, blah, blah."
yes YOU should have met Nick.....You would have liked him for his other beliefs also.....plus he could cook up some great collard greens lol

Prince George, Canada

#546365 Jun 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>I expect dirty for dirty as it is universal.
Oh well ... the creator knew when he created the plan that it was not divine ... but he decided that he would go ahead anyway, as he needed suffering to entertain his NEEDS.

Religion is stupid.

Prince George, Canada

#546366 Jun 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> hahaha! June you are silly as Hell..
Well, Christopher Hitchens suggested that if Jerry Falwell had an enema, he could fit in a matchbox.

I agree! What a pile of shit that man peddled while he was "partially" alive.

Location hidden

#546367 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... well I suggest it's better for you than your religion.
Your religion fills you with shit ... and prune juice empties shit.
If you had god in your life even just a little, you wouldn't be so mean and hateful. You have a right to believe as you wish just as others have a right in their faith. But what you do not have a right to is shoving your hate down other peoples throat.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#546368 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
You were caught in a lie more than once with your "specific information." True, we can only speculate as to why.
OK, back to some theological discussion. The purpose of your church?
If your defined purpose is accurate, then why would the greatest mind in the universe consider "saving" 5% or 10% of all humans your god creates to be a "success?"
Or put another way, maybe you can explain why you believe (or want to believe) that any god would want 90% of its highest creation to fail and suffer for all eternity. That sounds more like the born-agains.
Also, why is your god so arbitrary? After all, much depends on where one is born and how one is raised. That in itself flies in the face of reason and justice, or do you have other standards?
peace and love,
ramen
Gods r Delusions

I don't think I was caught in any lie, simply because it is one sin, which I avoid. But if there is some misunderstanding due to my own lack, I take responsibility.

As for your estimates on who is "saved" and not "saved", depends entirely upon the God of Justice and Mercy. If in time, God has chosen to use the RCC to further his Mercy, by even 1%, then that matter is up to God.

God appears arbitrary to you, because you live in an event-filled/chaotic world, through which you filter by reason alone all things. Since most things are beyond our knowledge at this time and place, this makes faith a much more reasonable way to live. And thus God is not arbitrary, but indeed judges things on an eternal set of laws, which you may just be barely aware of....

Location hidden

#546369 Jun 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June makes me laugh and I only was saying that I hope that I'm in just as good spirits as her when I reach that age..
I got about 30 yrs. before I reach 70..
No matter her beliefs or lack of, June has a great personality that comes through her post, and I enjoy reading them very much..
You must have some kind of special glasses because I don't see this great personality....lol.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#546370 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't have answers, then I suggest you stop using words from your Catholic bible that suggests that you DO have answers.
Blathering pompous ASS!
June

"I fear the day that technology surpasses human interaction The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein

I use the Bible for study, amongst other things. It has enough answers for me.

But suggest away....

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#546371 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
"MY" president? LMAO. I am sick and tired of my tax dollars going to help while your Cardinals at the Vatican ride in limos and eat meals cooked by 5-star chefs.
As for your Catholic relief services at the border, where?
Oh so that's it u r envious !! lol that's a deadly sin.
Why don't you rent a limo you'll feel better. BTW, your tax dollars DO Not pay for Cardinal's cars.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/catholic...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/19/59137...

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#546372 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
MY tax dollars are helping. I followed your link. Not one story of Catholic relief services working at the border or helping to stop the flood.
Over 50,000 unaccompanied children? This has been going on for many months. So much for your relief service getting the word out.
Maybe some responsible family planning would help.
But no, all you catholics want to do is soak hard-working responsible people to take care of problems YOU create.
Of course, if you're into child sex tours, then Catholic countries are great. Personally, I am not. Personally, I believe it's immoral. But if catholics want that for their daughters, what can I say?
peace and love
ramen
Your search skills are at a low level....
Stop posting peace and love, you are a trouble maker.

Now you know how the Native American felt when disease was brought over, and unwanted illegal.
Don't you hate it when people come to visit and they never leave! lol.

Not one penny came from you!!!!!!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#546373 Jun 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>.
...I forgive you for the angry insults you just posted to me. See, how easy it is to? You should try it.
Thank you, God bless!
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#546374 Jun 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your search skills are at a low level....
Stop posting peace and love, you are a trouble maker.
Now you know how the Native American felt when disease was brought over, and unwanted illegal.
Don't you hate it when people come to visit and they never leave! lol.
Not one penny came from you!!!!!!!!
WOW! Nearly 50,000 children and a couple of weeks ago, Catholic charities figured it would help.

"Hundreds who arrive here each week have their immediate needs fulfilled by a new Catholic Charities center that opened June 11 near the McAllen bus station."

What took so long? In the meantime, my tax dollars do the vast majority of the work.

I guess I should be thankful that the RCC is beginning to take a small amount of responsibility for the massive problems it creates in the world. Yes, I must be thankful for small favors.

Now if they would only address the problem at its source. THAT would be the responsible thing to do, wouldn't it!!

peace and love
ramen
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#546375 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In her own words, Mother Teresa was proud that she used the money meant to feed the poor, to in turn build more convents for nuns to become saints.
She watched babies starve to death in her "care" every day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
I could go on and on, filling page after page with dense examples of disasters and crises where Mother Teresa had had no involvement whatsoever. For me, a Calcuttan, born and bred, it does not come as surprise, as I know her order has no infrastructure - indeed it had never been her intention to create an infrastructure for such work, as she had frequently said,'I'm not a social worker.' But what I find somewhat disturbing is that she remained inactive when children were hurt or killed, or were at the risk of being orphaned ... this did not sit comfortably with her 'Child First' philosophy. But then, for her the unborn child was far more important than the actual child. Having gone through hundreds of her speeches I have wondered, when compared to the unborn child if the actual child mattered to her at all.
Aroup Chatterjee (1998), Mother Teresa: The Final Verdict
50,000 unaccompanied children in the last year and on June 11, a couple of weeks ago, Catholic charities opens one small office near a bus station to take some responsibility.

We should all be grateful the Vatican put one limo in storage for a week. Maybe a Cardinal took stooped to take a regular commercial air trip, instead of flying in his private jet.

Catholics are waiving the flag, they are so proud of themselves.

lol
Making things right

New Tazewell, TN

#546376 Jun 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I truly did send it and a,follow up ..if you ever stay here and sign in, just message,me..
Did u know sunnsunnstorms , she was from.way north Florida. Nice lady ...we used to talk on aol , which I haven't signed into for years..forgot how,lol..
Take care
Yes,I remember her.She is very nice.
It's been a long time since I have been on here.

I believe you about the emails. Maybe it's the internet.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#546377 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I GET your drift.
You are certain that because you believe in Jesus, he takes care to wipe away all of your new sins as you make them each and every day ... so ... you believe that because Jesus died to erase your sins ... you are sin-free and home-free.
As is Robert, you are a double-talking con-artist.
No ...that's,bot what I said...I believe we,May surely sin. After being born again...but those,sins,still were,on the cross,as are those of each and every person..

I niece if I keep sinning on purpose,willfully denying my life,in Christ , God will be,most displeased..BUT I CANNOT TAKE,AWAY MY OWN SIN ....nor do good,works,to EARN eternal life..

I must repent and make,every effort to please my Saviuir ...BE AUSE,I LOVE HIM.

THAT IS,WHY WE,WERE,CREATED ...to love,God ..and,if I love,someone,I don't want to spit in their face,or hurt them ......

A this,ritual...religion...etc.. .are,fine,if done for LOVE.......our resin for existing is,to live,God and,each other...it's,the two things,JESUS,TOLD US,TO DO ...and to have,Faith and,follow,HIM..

He,wants,a people,with Him full of a,love,for Him and,each other....LOVE...or we,are
Not really good company for Him , are we.

Do you let folks,who hate,you live,in your home??

YOU don't get that's,it's,HIS,HOME AND,HE WANTS,US,WITH HIM...in love,....

I fall short many times,June, and have sinned grievously , but I try nit to because,of love ...TO NOT ADD ONE,MORE,DROP OF SIN to the,Cup He,drank of ...should be,our purpose...IF WE,LOVE HIM...
I hate,that I hurt Him so deeply in my life...but I cannot make,amends,on my own..no one can..

So no our purpose,is,NOT to keep sinning ....but I do believe if we fall and,look to Him in sorrow,over it , He is,there to forgive us....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 286,074
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 min Mr About Town 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Aura Mytha 92,710
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Sky Writer 31 183,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Rider on the Storm 979,452
Everyone is a fool 1 hr Truthiness 4
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 3 hr Mszymanski 16
More from around the web