Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

He drifted too far

Malta, OH

#545727 Jun 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Who is Karen??
Sera,I am her. Remember Full Of Love?
How have you been?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545728 Jun 26, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~``~~
I write against OSAS because there are those that believe that once they are saved....They can continue their evil lifestyle..just because they have made a confession of Jesus Christ as their savior.
I do not know of any born again Christian who believes what you just posted...none

If someone confesses Jesus as his/her Savior and continues to life a evil lifestyle maybe, just maybe they aren't really saved.

This has nothing to do with osas and everything to do with they never were saved to begin with.

1 John 2:4 He who says,“I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

God's Word is clear, don't make it so difficult.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#545729 Jun 26, 2014
Observe WHO the authors state created woe or evil.

You will SEE the word manipulation from one to the other.

Remember that Catholicism "branched" off of Judaism, and Protestantism "branched" off of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Judaism
>>>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.

Catholic
>>>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 RHE
Douay-Rheims

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

Protestant
>>>>>>> >
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
King James Version

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545730 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>
~~``~~
I write against OSAS because there are those that believe that once they are saved....They can continue their evil lifestyle..just because they have made a confession of Jesus Christ as their savior.
You see, I don't have to write against anything. I just read God Word.

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Let me help you pastor. If someone claims they made a profession of faith while living a sinful lifestyle, they are not regenerated. Therefore, there is no salvation to lose.

AND THAT SIR IS THE TRUTH
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545731 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>
~~``~~
YOU WROTE
CONCERNING OSAS
"Makes me wonder why then Christians argue about it."
It is like an x-convict.... believing ...that because they have finished the penalty..... for his past crimes.... that the have a free pass to go out and continue their criminal activity..
I have read in a book where it teaches ... THAT IF A CHRISTIAN IS LAYING IN THE BOSOM OF A PROSTITUTE AND JESUS COMES ,...BECAUSE OF OSAS THEY WILL GO UP TO BE WITH THE LORD..
THAT SIR... IS A DECEITFUL LIE OUT OF HE PITS OF HELL...
i CERTAINLY HOPE THAT MARGE DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS..
I never really post to you and honestly don't know why I started. I don't take anyone who follows Benny Hinn seriously. LOL...talk about deceitful.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#545732 Jun 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I believe Karen is LTM.
LTM is Elaine, a very nice woman. Karen is a floozie from tn. bleached blond at that with 50 lbs of pancake flour on her face

Location hidden

#545733 Jun 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know of any born again Christian who believes what you just posted...none
If someone confesses Jesus as his/her Savior and continues to life a evil lifestyle maybe, just maybe they aren't really saved.
This has nothing to do with osas and everything to do with they never were saved to begin with.
1 John 2:4 He who says,“I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
God's Word is clear, don't make it so difficult.
chuck, in just the past few days, several that believe in OSAS have lied and thought nothing at all about it. there are even one who goes around kissing someone not her husband, and thinks nothing at all about it and even brags saying she loves him.

those people come from your side, not ours

Prince George, Canada

#545734 Jun 26, 2014
Born-again ... what a deceptive term!

What that implies is that Jews can't be born again ... unless they become Catholic.

After all Jews were the original chosen few without a NEED to be born again ... RIGHT???

Catholics wrote that dogma about the need to be born-again. It implied way back then ... "If you are a Jew, you MUST be baptized ... "born-again" or "born-anew" into the Catholic faith ... or you will have no way of being saved.

That is why the Catholic theologians wrote that Jesus chose to be baptized by the Catholic saint John.

Those Catholic word-manipulators implied that Jesus knew he was suffering from Judaizing disease and he wanted John to purify him of Judaism to in turn make him over into a born-again Catholic.

You will SEE ... but only when you WANT to see.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545735 Jun 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Observe WHO the authors state created woe or evil.
You will SEE the word manipulation from one to the other.
Remember that Catholicism "branched" off of Judaism, and Protestantism "branched" off of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Judaism
>>>>>>>
Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible
I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
Catholic
>>>>>>>
Isaiah 45:7 RHE
Douay-Rheims
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.
Protestant
>>>>>>> >
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Here is the NASB to help you understand the context.

"There is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." In other words, God devises calamity as a judgment for the wicked. But in no sense is He the author of evil.

Evil originates not from God but from the fallen creature.

Let me guess Grams, I have it all wrong.

Why do you argue about someone who you don't believe exists? Does this happen to everyone when they get old???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#545736 Jun 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written God created evil?
King Jame translation

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and -->create evil: <--I the LORD do all these things.

Taylor translation
FORMING LIGHT AND CREATING DARKNESS

Rhm
MAKING PROSPERITY AND CREATING MISFORTUNE
Jerus
MAKE GOOD FORTUNE AND CREATE CALAMITY
Nab
MAKE WELL-BEING AND CREATE WOE

AUTHOR OF PROSPERITY AND TROUBLE

NEB

~~~
LUCIFER (THE DEVIL) WAS CREATED BY GOD...AND HE SAID OF HIM

Eze_28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

JUST AS GOD CREATED MAN AND HE FELL FROM GRACE AT THE PROMPTING OF THE DEVIL
GOD CREATED EVIL
You have drifted too far

Malta, OH

#545737 Jun 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>chuck, in just the past few days, several that believe in OSAS have lied and thought nothing at all about it. there are even one who goes around kissing someone not her husband, and thinks nothing at all about it and even brags saying she loves him.
LOL! I sent you a friends request a long time ago and you did not accept,yet you snooped on my facebook. That singer was Arron Tippon. He was at that time my favorite singer. EVERYONE who went to that concert ((( WHICH WAS IN 1994)))) READ THAT AGAIN>>>1994< <<< was having their picture taken with him. Like I said,my children and grandchildren are on my facebook.Even my husband seen that picture. Funny how they like that picture. Kissing someone on the cheek is not doing wrong

When a person starts personally attacking someones personal life,they aint got nothing.

You do know what the word assume spells if you break it apart.

As far as you claiming I kissed another man,yes you did.
You should have made it clear that it was a singer,then I would have known what you meant,so no I didn't lie.

As for my son who was murdered,you did insinuate that it was a drug deal gone bad.

I proved that so many times,right here on Topix.

As usual,you just have to bring up my sons death.

That is about the coldest thing I have ever seen.

Before you judge others,you need to take a good long look into your own life.

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14:1-12)

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye
Luke 6

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545738 Jun 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>chuck, in just the past few days, several that believe in OSAS have lied and thought nothing at all about it. there are even one who goes around kissing someone not her husband, and thinks nothing at all about it and even brags saying she loves him.
Preston

if these folks do this and think nothing about it, do they really have a relationship with Christ? That is how I look at it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#545739 Jun 26, 2014
I realize preston has no shame, but the rest of you so-called Christians should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing this psychopath to continue to demonize and berate people who cross him.

Geeez, I fell like I just listened in on a fundie after-worship coffee and doughnut gossip klatch...

Prince George, Canada

#545740 Jun 26, 2014
Here the Catholics imply that Jesus was so pure as a Jew that he didn't need to be baptized into Catholicism. He just chose to do so for the sake of ritual.

But then THAT would mean that none of the others Jews would need to be baptized into Catholicism to be "spiritually" purified either ... RIGHT?

Bullshitters!!!
>>>>>>> >>>

Christ's Baptism Foreshadows Our Own:

At first glance, the Baptism of the Lord might seem an odd feast. Since the Catholic Church teaches that the Sacrament of Baptism is necessary for the remission of sins, particularly Original Sin, why was Christ baptized? After all, He was born without Original Sin, and He lived His entire life without sinning. Therefore, He had no need of the sacrament, as we do.

In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...

Prince George, Canada

#545741 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>
King Jame translation
King LAME translation.

Go to the Hebrew bible and you will find that the Hebrews (Jews) were God's chosen few.

You wouldn't want to make out that God was a liar ... would you ... just so that you can believe the Jews have to convert to your Protestant religion to be born-again and saved?

Shyster!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#545742 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>
JUST AS GOD CREATED MAN AND HE FELL FROM GRACE AT THE PROMPTING OF THE DEVIL
GOD CREATED EVIL
1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Prince George, Canada

#545743 Jun 26, 2014
Within the war of theology

The Catholics, Muslims and Protestants envied and I suggest still envy the Jews of their position as being God's chosen few.

That is why they tried to steal the god from the Jews and make him into their own play-thing.

The Gnostic-Christians (with their envy of Judaism's brag of being God's chosen few) tried a different tactic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...

Location hidden

#545744 Jun 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
I realize preston has no shame, but the rest of you so-called Christians should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing this psychopath to continue to demonize and berate people who cross him.
Geeez, I fell like I just listened in on a fundie after-worship coffee and doughnut gossip klatch...
let me tell you the whole story.
tues. night, I got a phone call from texas telling me that someone ahd died and they had gotten my telephone number. I only know DOM who lives in that area. so I tried to contact Karen to find out if she knew anything about it, now she comes on here like a banshee attacking me.
and she is attacking me because I rebuked her for cussing on facebook, not to mention other things..
Now that is the truth, you can run with it for all that I care. she wasn't right before when she attacked me and she isn't right now.
here is the conversation when I saw her cussing.

18 December 2013 03:23

this statement seems out of character for you. am I missing something. I don't come on facebook very often and saw your name and read this statement from you, and it is a disappointment

Karen Partin Bull LOL! I know you don't give a r......

and after that I blocked her from contacting me. but hey you are a catholic, filthy communications come out of your mouth constantly
You have drifted too far

Malta, OH

#545745 Jun 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM is Elaine, a very nice woman. Karen is a floozie from tn. bleached blond at that with 50 lbs of pancake flour on her face
lol.
floozy,lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#545746 Jun 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really post to you and honestly don't know why I started. I don't take anyone who follows Benny Hinn seriously. LOL...talk about deceitful.
~~~

IF YOU EVER COME TO THE REALIZATION..

That Rev Hinn is not working for me nor is he working for you...You will be the better for it.

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I refrain from judging Rev Hinn

Act 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
Act 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aura Mytha 854,815
Gay teens in the New York Connecticut area (Feb '14) 23 min gogo2802 11
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 25 min Doctor REALITY 3
Any GAY or BI guy wanna text or skype? (Feb '13) 29 min its me 33
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min juts fooky 444,335
The Christian Atheist debate 55 min Mr Wiggley 999
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 1 hr Burke Devlin 58
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web