Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681926 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#545440 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I would hate that any body would lose their soul over a lie they told just to try and make them look smarter than they are.
that lie will send your soul to hell
You wish...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#545441 Jun 24, 2014
Tor wrote:
<quoted text>
In your picture your fishing arm is prone. What are you fishing for? Mosquito's?
don't worry about it, there are no fish in that lake

Location hidden

#545442 Jun 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently neither one of you are Saved when you preach you can be lost at anytime. That is a false Gospel.
When you get Saved you'll know it's forever.
so in your many years of studying the Bible show us where Demas was not saved. if you would read what I wrote, you might be able to understand where you are wrong.

and while I am on the subject, what makes you so certain that GIF and myself are liars. just what are we lying about?

we can agree to not be disagreeable about a doctrine, chuck agrees with you about OSAS and he and I came to the conclusion that we still can be friends with each other and not resort to calling each other names. YOU should consider that rather than say we follow the devils teachings as you have said in the past about us.

truthfully, you are very two faced and double minded since you say that he is a good Preacher and then call him a liar. I offered you a tape to listen of mine and that would give you an idea of what kind of preacher that I am(or have been) and it is the same tape that I sent to Karen who said I was a good Preacher, and I have been, but not now since I cant hardly walk let alone Preach.

even the catholics know better when it comes to osas doctrine, why do they know more than you.

Location hidden

#545443 Jun 24, 2014
lets look at what James the Half Brotehr of James says about OSAS>

James 5:19-20
f

x

—
19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way [[shall save a soul from death,]]] and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Brethern(the church) and he goes on to say, if any of you do err(which means to walk away, just as Demas did), and one convert him(which means to bring him back into the church.

now marge, with all of you college religious studies behind you, lets see you change the words of james to fit your doctrine

Location hidden

#545444 Jun 24, 2014
Once Saved Always Saved”
a dangerous delusion?
by Graham Pockett

The following information relates to the belief that once saved, a Christian cannot ‘lose’ his salvation. This is often called “Eternal Security”, the opposite to which is sometimes called “Conditional Security”. Scripture quoted is from the NIV Bible, not because it is ‘best’ but because it states these points clearly while still agreeing with the KJV and other universally accepted translations. You might like to read Why I Quote The NIV Bible.

Can you lose your salvation?

Many people fervently believe that once saved, they can never lose their salvation. I pray that those who do believe it will read the following with an open heart and an open mind. Above all, I urge every reader to check each Scripture presented – and then check the context that the Scriptures are quoted in by reading at least ten verses before and ten verses after.

I sincerely believe the ‘once saved always saved’ concept to be wrong. The implication that once someone becomes a ‘real’ Christian (a definition would be handy) they are saved and that they can’t backslide or commit a sin which would rob them of that inheritance.

From my experience, Christians can sin and they often do sin but to believe that a Christian can live any way he or she likes, and still be saved, is dangerous. Some argue that a ‘real’ Christian wouldn’t commit these sins and it is the ‘almost Christians’ who fall foul of this type of entrapment from the enemy. I believe that would be wrong too. Committed Christians sin for all sorts of reasons and we are only saved by God’s amazing Grace, not our level of commitment. God knows our true heart!

If a Christian sins maliciously (deliberately breaks laws for his or her own advantage [[[ME; THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT oxbore DID WHEN HE LIED BY SAYING THAT I SAID SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT SAY, AND YOU MARGE NEVER SAID ONE WORD TO HIM ABOUT THAT LIE]]– say purchasing goods known, or strongly suspected, of being stolen) that is quite different from accidentally sinning – something we all do constantly.
http://www.anointedlinks.com/once_saved.html

Location hidden

#545445 Jun 24, 2014
REV CHAPTER TWO,

But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

now why would the Lord tell them that since they are fallen, they need to repent or they lose their soul, which is basically what He is saying to them.

and why is it that marge calls GIF and myself lairs yet she said nothing about xbore, telling a lie about me. is that ok since he believes in osas and he cant do any wrong and that anything that he does is ok.

guess what , marge, a lie is a sin and sin unrepented, means that jesus will take your lampstand(soul) away.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#545446 Jun 24, 2014
I told you plainly what your both lying about and how you cheapened The Grace of God and made dependent on sinful man.

And I'm not double-minded, you both are a little lost like demas might have been at the time,...

You both preach The Gospel and then clearly say Jesus can't Save one forever.

You both are where the hypocrisy lays.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#545447 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, but God didn't tell you anything.
but if he did, it was for you to get Saved. GIF and myself would both like that.
Got your message ..had a,question so I messaged back.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#545449 Jun 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did! I told her that a god would love her no matter what and so she had such FAITH that she was loved and would never be judged that when life became too much for her to bear, she believed that she was going to be welcome into the arms of the loving God of LIGHT.
She believed me.
Still ... I feel no guilt ... because I couldn't do better when I didn't know better.
However ... thank you ... for in your own way trying to ease what you believe is my pain.
I went past the pain long ago, to a state of acceptance. Thank you.
Your most welcome...and believe it or not , God IS merciful and loving. I'm glad you're accepting June but you do seem to blame yourself ...and I'm sorry that is,so..truly
marge

Leesburg, GA

#545451 Jun 24, 2014
Preston wrote

'I sincerely believe the ‘once saved always saved’ concept to be wrong. The implication that once someone becomes a ‘real’ Christian (a definition would be handy) they are saved and that they can’t backslide or commit a sin which would rob them of that inheritance.

Hello? Who is saying any Saved person does not sin and backslide???

This is why I believe we can come to an agreement on this, your theory on conditional Salvation, which is unattainable, should be seen clearly by any preacher.

Location hidden

#545452 Jun 24, 2014
now lets see what Peter say about osas. I don't think he approves of it either. of course, he isn't Adrian rogers.lol

For if after they have escaped [[[gotten saved}}}the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein( demas redux}, and overcome[[backslide]]], the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness[[become a Christian]]], than, after they have known it, to turn[[backslide]]] from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

now we see that James, the brother of Jesus, peter the Apostle and Jesus Himself speaking against the doctrine of OSAS.

what more do you want marge? in the mouth of two or three, let it be true. the Bible says.

now you can believe Adrian rogers and lose your soul or hold on to the faith of Jesus Christ and see eternal life with Him.

look again at the words of Peter, it has to do with the individual turning away from God and taking the chance of losing their soul.

it has nothing to do with any one(devil or otherwise) prying him/her away fro God, they do it themselves, just as Demas did when he walked away from the Gospel Work. Demas didn't just walk away from Paul, more importantly, he walked away from God.

this is so plain to see that it makes my heart ache that people don't wish to see how easy this is to understand.

oxbore believes in OSAS so much that he makes a blatant lie and sluffs off any potential punishment, just because he made it to me and about me. He thinks it is okay, will God accept known liars into heaven when His word says just where they will end up. If he dies tonight with this unconfessed sin, he will split hell wide open and spend eternity wondering why he believed a false doctrine
marge

Leesburg, GA

#545453 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
REV CHAPTER TWO,
But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
now why would the Lord tell them that since they are fallen, they need to repent or they lose their soul, which is basically what He is saying to them.
and why is it that marge calls GIF and myself lairs yet she said nothing about xbore, telling a lie about me. is that ok since he believes in osas and he cant do any wrong and that anything that he does is ok.
guess what , marge, a lie is a sin and sin unrepented, means that jesus will take your lampstand(soul) away.
Nice, you can prove my point in every post you make.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545454 Jun 24, 2014
I wonder why Christ when He was chosing the Disciples to follow Him He rarely called those that were "educated"?.

I laughed when AtemCowboy linked to some idiot that has some kind of Doctorate as if he was an authority on Gods word. All I had to do was read just a couple lines of what this fellow had written and I saw that he was just as dumb as AtemCowboy on Gods word.

Most people with Doctrate degrees usually tend to be really illiterate in Gods word. I can see why Christ had little use for them when chosing the Disciples. Paul was really educated but he was a chosen vessel.

Location hidden

#545455 Jun 24, 2014
marge wrote:
I told you plainly what your both lying about and how you cheapened The Grace of God and made dependent on sinful man.
And I'm not double-minded, you both are a little lost like demas might have been at the time,...
You both preach The Gospel and then clearly say Jesus can't Save one forever.
You both are where the hypocrisy lays.
with all of the education that you must possess, your words don't make any sense at all.

this formation of your sentence is poorly structed.

can you say it better than that so I can answer you. this doesn't make any sense at all.

neither GIF nor myself have ever said that He cant save someone forever. and that is a lie coming from YOU, which is almost as bad as the lie that xbore said about me.

GIF has been Saved longer than I have been alive, so there is proof that neither he nor I are lying.

My mom was saved when she was 13, and became a Charter member in her church which was the Church that I got Saved in 32 years ago, and he has kept me ever since. so you are lying again. and my mom remained faithful until her death and a few hours before she died, she left me with these words. "I want to go Home" and she nodded upwards, and my nephew(a JW) said to her, ma you are to sick to go home, and tears came into her eyes when she said He doesn't know what I mean. and I said to her, I know.

I have said that to say this. God has Keeping power, if we want to be kept, but the verses that I gave to from two Apostles and Jesus clearly indicate that we can return to a sinful lifestyle if we so choose, and some never leave it, you and xbore are two examples of that.you might think that I am harsh and I readily admit that, but I am truthful and I speak only for myself. as a former singer( Molly O'day,she has went on to her reward)always, I will only answer for myself(paraphrasing).

I don't believe that you have ever been saved, your own words have condemmed you. you don't attend a Christian church, contrary to what the bible says about that, you have readily admitted buying dope in bulk to last you for a year, and by doing so, you break the laws of the land and destroy any credibility that you might have had on this Forum(of course oldjg and xbore will support you since they believe like you do).

and speaking of harsh words, you exploited the Friendship that sera and nick offered you and to further complicate matters, you insulted them to no ends, knowing that he was on his death bed and she labored over him 24/7. for that, God will punish you some day, and you will not be able to repent of that sin, since nick has went on to be with the Lord. that sin was against Nick and also God. my Prayer is that God rewards you accordingly.

like me or not like me, I don't care, but you are one of the most heartless women on here and you fit very well with your friend reggie. and are on equal terms with oldjg and xbore.. you three are our evil trinity that pose as Christians but act like the devil

Location hidden

#545457 Jun 24, 2014
marge wrote:
Preston wrote
'I sincerely believe the ‘once saved always saved’ concept to be wrong. The implication that once someone becomes a ‘real’ Christian (a definition would be handy) they are saved and that they can’t backslide or commit a sin which would rob them of that inheritance.
Hello? Who is saying any Saved person does not sin and backslide???
This is why I believe we can come to an agreement on this, your theory on conditional Salvation, which is unattainable, should be seen clearly by any preacher.
the Bible is very clear that we cant walk together unless we both agree.

and now we come to crux of this matter between us.

I was Saved back in 1982,

you never have been and your actions and your words have proven that I am correct in saying that you are a lost individual and God doesn't wish for His Children to be yoked with unbelievers.

when I got saved on a Wed night and filled with the Holy Ghost 36 hours later God spoke to me about Cathie and how we were not to be yoked unequally and He told me that he would save her and the next afternoon, on the sidewalk going into my cousins house, she got Saved and God has been faithful to keep us ever since.

Location hidden

#545458 Jun 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, you can prove my point in every post you make.
you have got to be the dumbest person on here. I always thought Robert was, but you beat him by a mile.

how can anyone turn the words of Jesus around to suit their false doctrine.

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

what part of the word {fallen] do you not understand?

what part of the word [repent} do you not understand?

do you remember Karen saying it is a {repenting way}?

what does it mean when Jesus says he will remove your lampstand?
truth

Perth, Australia

#545459 Jun 24, 2014
its written
many will be elected but small numbers choose
who will be saved
see
psalm 14
no-one
all corupt
can someone explain better

i stop care
ones you judge
yes it is
you for ever judge

its written
don't judge
now when you judge
what you want from good people

its not going be end of world
future exist

thanks to poor did they need fast
think about that
psalm 14 no-one
all corrupt

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#545460 Jun 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believed the same way you believe, would you still believe I would be a nut???
:)
Your beliefs are not particularly different than mine.

I do not believe in any god either.

The only difference I see is that you base your belief on religion rather than reason.

And that is part of the reason I see you as a flake.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545461 Jun 25, 2014
Wasn't that crap about the Pope excommunicating the mafia funny?
The RCC take themselves way too serious.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545462 Jun 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible is very clear that we cant walk together unless we both agree.
and now we come to crux of this matter between us.
I was Saved back in 1982,
you never have been and your actions and your words have proven that I am correct in saying that you are a lost individual and God doesn't wish for His Children to be yoked with unbelievers.
when I got saved on a Wed night and filled with the Holy Ghost 36 hours later God spoke to me about Cathie and how we were not to be yoked unequally and He told me that he would save her and the next afternoon, on the sidewalk going into my cousins house, she got Saved and God has been faithful to keep us ever since.
You are a hoot. A battery operated fool but a hoot nevertheless. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 7,819
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,826
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min onemale 286,560
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Huh 982,361
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 1 hr Guy from Latonia 11
Baiting Up Email For Scamming 8 hr Resist the urge 1
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 8 hr UnderstandPeople 298
More from around the web