Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658408 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#545324 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how about you telling us how many degrees that you have after your name? Dr. Morris has a Doctorate.
and I have said several times, that I have three Degrees. and I didn't get them by being stupid like YOU.
how many do you and oldjg possess between you? that answer is already apparent.
Pride was the first sin to destroy the calm of eternity. It was pride that cast Lucifer from heaven and it was pride that cost our first parents their place in Paradise.

You got it!!!!

I understand, believe, and live by God's Word... Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Compared to the understanding given me by trusting in the Lord, your degrees are rubbish...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#545325 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>did you know that the Jewish people only use [elohim] when they speak of the Lord, since they are not allowed to use His real Name
On the,Jewish forums,and others, I've seen them type,G_d, never using His whole,spelling out of respect

Location hidden

#545326 Jun 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS OBVIOUS TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE FACT THAT GOD'S WORD IS TIMELESS AND APPLICABLE TO ALL SITUATIONS....
BECAUSE OF THIS ....YOU AS A BABE IN CHRIST SHOULD BE A STUDENT INSTEAD OF A TEACHER...
A1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
"IT IS OBVIOUS TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE FACT THAT GOD'S WORD IS TIMELESS AND APPLICABLE TO ALL SITUATIONS...."

Really???? After being led to all truth by the Holy Spirit in Scripture for over forty years you would think that I would have...at least...an inkling!!!! I know not any babes that are over 40 years old...

Randomly quoting Scripture and giving me the "message" that has nothing to do with the Scripture quoted is senseless...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#545327 Jun 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On the,Jewish forums,and others, I've seen them type,G_d, never using His whole,spelling out of respect
His actual name is only allowed to be spoken in the temple, and since there is no temple today, they are not allowed to say it which is why they are allowed to say Elohim and this name is correct if used Singular or Plural.

Location hidden

#545328 Jun 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"IT IS OBVIOUS TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE FACT THAT GOD'S WORD IS TIMELESS AND APPLICABLE TO ALL SITUATIONS...."
Really???? After being led to all truth by the Holy Spirit in Scripture for over forty years you would think that I would have...at least...an inkling!!!! I know not any babes that are over 40 years old...
Randomly quoting Scripture and giving me the "message" that has nothing to do with the Scripture quoted is senseless...
GIF and I both concur that when it comes to understanding the Word of God, you are a novice and will remain so, well at least until you finally get Saved, then you might grow up. BUT I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#545329 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since there are only 6 persons on this forum right now and I can vote for myself, did you give me icons pusherman?
or are there several lurkin in the background, afraid to say something
Or who can't post but can hit icons,maybe ...???

Location hidden

#545330 Jun 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction
Oxbow
Born again Christian
Member of an SBC church
what GIF and myself have trumps a [singular] membership. and if they would ever come on here, you would be kicked out of their denomination just as the catholic church kicked you out.

myself; Saved 8/25/82, filled with the Holy Ghost as a second definite work of Grace(something that Baptists don't have since they don't reach for Holiness)8/27/82, called to Preach 3/28/84, and Pastored for many years starting in 1988, and still have the desire to preach even when the flesh is weak.

My credentials makes anything that you might post, look obsolete and worthless, since you have never given us a testimony about God saving you.

just because they kicked you out of the catholic church is not considered Salvation, as you would still be one if they would let you rejoin.
Michael

Canada

#545331 Jun 24, 2014
StarC wrote:
Hysteria by the Media (and some on this board)
"800 babies having been found was pure mythmaking. The bodies of 800
babies had not been found, in the septic tank or anywhere else." The
myth was the product of Corless' "speculation" that the children who died
in the home were buried in a mass grave. Corless herself took umbrage
at the media for misrepresenting her work: she never claimed that babies
were "dumped" in a grave (this accusation was made by the Washington Post and the Guardian)."
http://www.catholicleague.org/wp-content/uplo...
....Now why weren't you one of the concerned catholics telling us when the WORLD WIDE catholic clergy sex abuse scandals were being reported? HUH?. Priests having sex with children, their bishops lieng and covering it all up from YOU and all Catholics.

.....Where was your voice for the catholic children? Silence!!!

Disgusting!

Location hidden

#545332 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
the word conceive is French in its origin, therefore, we must use it in the sense that it was first given.
[C13: from Old French conceivre, from Latin concipere to take in, from capere to take]
and with this definition, it fits perfectly with my idea of what TRUTH is, not what xbore thinks that it is.
"TO TAKE IN "AGREES COMPLETLEY WITH WHAT OCCURED WITH MARY THAT DAY. MARY [TOOK IN] WHAT GOD HAD PREPARED FOR HER AND FOR THE WORLD, MORE IMPORTANTLY.
much more so that for any person to think that God got her pregnant with her egg and his sperm(which of course he doesn't have)
My translator translates concevoir to conceive...conceive means to get pregnant...honest!!!!

My translator translates concipere to conceive,,,conceive means to get pregnant,,,honest!!!

My translator translate capere to "take"..To engage in sex with. So...you are saying that The Holy Spirit and the Most High...both of them had sex with Mary...surely not!!!!!!!! What definition of "take" are you applying in your "belief"...

My KJV was translated to English from the Koine Greek word sullambano...it also translates
to conceive... to get pregnant...

Location hidden

#545333 Jun 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Or who can't post but can hit icons,maybe ...???
I meant to say that I cant vote for myself but I left the t out.

now xbore can chew on that for a couple of months.lol
Michael

Canada

#545334 Jun 24, 2014
StarC wrote:
were "dumped" in a grave (this accusation was made by the Washington Post and the Guardian)."
......796 young children still missing after all these years. Why are catholic nuns not speaking out? Why are there no records from the catholic church of the whereabouts of these children?

.....something is terribly! wrong! Star C......
Michael

Canada

#545335 Jun 24, 2014
StarC wrote:
...Where are these lost children's graves Star C?

.....something is wrong!!

Location hidden

#545336 Jun 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My translator translates concevoir to conceive...conceive means to get pregnant...honest!!!!
My translator translates concipere to conceive,,,conceive means to get pregnant,,,honest!!!
My translator translate capere to "take"..To engage in sex with. So...you are saying that The Holy Spirit and the Most High...both of them had sex with Mary...surely not!!!!!!!! What definition of "take" are you applying in your "belief"...
My KJV was translated to English from the Koine Greek word sullambano...it also translates
to conceive... to get pregnant...
sool-lam-ban'-o Verb

Definition
to seize, take: one as prisoner

first definition isn't conceive

as you found out, you cant put words together to make a sentence.

as I have told you so many times that a child should be able to understand.

conceive is the beginning of birthing, and as any doctor would tell you, the woman can get pregnant 48 hours after intercourse.

which is why I have told you time and time again, the word "overshadow" had nothing to do with her being found to be pregnant. this is when the Holy Spirit fell on her, allowing God to place that embryo into her womb.

and here you are trying to use Strongs on a person who has forgot more Greek than they know. there are very few person that can teach Koine or Classical greek, and fortunately, I know two. how many do you know?lol

Location hidden

#545337 Jun 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Where are these lost children's graves Star C?
.....something is wrong!!
If there is only one infant that died under their watch, that is ONE to many.

Location hidden

#545338 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if xbore, oldjg or any catholic can show me that God had sex with mary and fertilized her egg, please do ALL of us a favor and show it to all.
or if you don't believe that God had sex with mary but that he did fertilized her egg any way, then show us that as it is written in the Bible.
and I am not the least interested in what ad. rogers says about OSAS since his words are only that, his words, and it is for certain that they do not TRUMP the Words of Paul who spoke of losing his good friend and co worker in Spreading the Gospel, who decided to walk out on the Lord since he loved the world more than he did Jesus and His Father.
Try it again!!!!
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

conceive....to get pregnant...there was no sex involved...here tis again...And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

It is known in Christian circles as a miracle...honest!!!!

Location hidden

#545339 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
sool-lam-ban'-o Verb
Definition
conceive is the beginning of birthing, and as any doctor would tell you, the woman can get pregnant 48 hours after intercourse.
which is why I have told you time and time again, the word "overshadow" had nothing to do with her being found to be pregnant. this is when the Holy Spirit fell on her, allowing God to place that embryo into her womb.
and here you are trying to use Strongs on a person who has forgot more Greek than they know. there are very few person that can teach Koine or Classical greek, and fortunately, I know two. how many do you know?lol
In Matthew(using his link) this word is used by Matthew to show they were wanting to [take Jesus} as prisoner.

In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me

Location hidden

#545340 Jun 24, 2014
oxbore TRIES TO PROVE ME WRONG CONSTANTLY AND ALL HE DOES IS SHOW HOW IGNORANT THAT HE IS.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#545341 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you really dont think that this is just one person, do you?
Why yes cowboy, I assumed it was, am I mistaken?

Location hidden

#545342 Jun 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
sool-lam-ban'-o Verb
Definition
It also means: to clasp, i.e. seize (arrest, capture); specially, to conceive (literally or figuratively); by implication, to aid:--catch, conceive, help, take.

You are applying take to support your argument which has nothing to do with conceiving....example of a proper use for the word sullambano translated to "take" ..I will sullambano a nap then I will go to town..Translated it reads...I will take a nap then I will go to town..

I can do all of them if you want me to....conceive is the only word that fits in the context of: And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

conceive..to become pregnant...

I have tutored many...but none with an IQ of 27...until now...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#545343 Jun 24, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hi June :) You never tire do you?
Hi!

I never tire of this subject.

I've been studying the subject for many years and have found all preachers to be nothing but promoters of myths ... always promoting only their own myths as being based on the one and only universal truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min nanoanomaly 974,638
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min IT Guy 445,504
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min Aussie Kev 2,981
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 70,108
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,446
Will Barack Obama be the Biblical anti-Christ? 1 hr Truth Teller 8
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr ATHEOI 9,501
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr Johnny 4,936
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Brian_G 282,869
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr Raspberry2129 87