Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627451 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#545054 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>bOY, YOU REALLY HAVE SHOWED YOUR IGNORANCE ON THIS REPLY TO marge.
here is her post, now any person ought to be able to understand what she meant.
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scripture say He is God and you will see Him as God for sure when you pass.
it is funny, that you perceive yourself a very smart man , but the facts don't support that notion. so here is what she was reference.
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
and some day, you will bow that hardheaded attitude and that yoke that is bound around your neck, ox bore.
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Tell me: Who is the "Father" and who is "me" in the first verse..
Tell me: Who is "Father" in the second verse...who is "me" in the second verse.
Tell me: Who is "I" in the third verse...who is "my Father" in the same verse..

Answer my questions.....for her...

You are trying to use Scripture to support your erroneous belief that Christ was/is God::
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You missed the mark by a mile...you are a deceiver....and not a good one...

Here is the complete Scripture:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

See: Who, being in the form of God
See: equal with God:
See: form of a servant,
See: God also hath highly exalted him,
See: Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

My time and tutorship is of no cost to you....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545055 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and therein IS YOUR PROBLEM. you still got a lot of catholic blood in you.lol
YOU TELL A PERSON THAT THEY ARE WRONG, BUT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO SHOW THEM JUST HOW THEY ARE WRONG.
FULLY HUMAN-GOD PLACED A EMBRYO IN HER WOMB THAT ATTACHES ITSELF TO HER WOMB AND TAKES ON HER FEATURES, BUT HER EGG IS NOT USED.
I fully understand that this is well above your intelligence level, but that is your problem not mine
Mah response:
Unreal!!! It ain't curable!!!!
"FULLY HUMAN-GOD PLACED A EMBRYO IN HER WOMB THAT ATTACHES ITSELF TO HER WOMB AND TAKES ON HER FEATURES, BUT HER EGG IS NOT USED. "
God is not fully human!!! He is: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.....
I showed you from Scripture what caused Mary to conceive,,,,,as in: And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
conceive: To become pregnant with (offspring).
The definition of conceive does not include an embryo being attached to her womb..
BTW...You never did answer my question...whom were the parents of fully human Adam and Eve...
Me today:
You are telling the same lies over and over.
You:
YOU TELL A PERSON THAT THEY ARE WRONG, BUT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO SHOW THEM JUST HOW THEY ARE WRONG.
You are still calling God a liar..you are saying He did not follow through with what He said He would do, but instead He did the embryo attached to her womb thing....
You again flaunt God's Word not to use your own understanding and you brag about it!!!!
Uhhh,when Christ was here in the flesh He was as human as we are. Had he not been He would not have been qualified to become our judge. That's why Christ will be qualified to judge us that takes part in the second ressurection at the great white throne judgement.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#545056 Jun 21, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows the lack of leadership in the RCC. The RCC does'nt distinguish between the sin of homosexuality and the sin of gluttony. Yet God calls for the death penalty for the sin of homosexuality but He calls for no such sentence for gluttony. There are different punishments for certain sins.
ACTING on that impulse, is the sin.. Whether it's eating 3 pizzas or giving in to your desire for the same sex..As it stands before God, there both sin.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#545057 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Brain damage.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545058 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Tell me: Who is the "Father" and who is "me" in the first verse..
Tell me: Who is "Father" in the second verse...who is "me" in the second verse.
Tell me: Who is "I" in the third verse...who is "my Father" in the same verse..
Answer my questions.....for her...
You are trying to use Scripture to support your erroneous belief that Christ was/is God::
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
You missed the mark by a mile...you are a deceiver....and not a good one...
Here is the complete Scripture:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
See: Who, being in the form of God
See: equal with God:
See: form of a servant,
See: God also hath highly exalted him,
See: Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
My time and tutorship is of no cost to you....
Scripture calls Christ God. Check out Hebrews 1:8. Christ is called O God. Can you argue with the word of God?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545059 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
I'm wif ya.
Mithras is the one true savior.
Ain't you supposed to be under a rock or something,LOL?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#545060 Jun 21, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard the RCC preach against the sin of homosexuality. Gluttony either for that matter.
First off, lose the "RCC" jabs. That's a tell tale sign that you're not in tune with the meaning behind "Roman" Catholic Church. I swear, no matter how many times we clarify the adjective "Roman" to you guys, you refuse to get it... the Church is Universal or "Catholic" in Greek. We have Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopian, Byzantine, Maronite, Oriental, Ukrainian, yes Roman too and so on, "Universal" Churches you see...
Anyway, you are not a sinner for being attracted to men. If you act on that atteaction, then you sin. Marriage is a holy union. Heterosexuals are not exempt from that union just because they "acted" with the same sex. That seems to be the protestant mentality.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#545061 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
Another reason the CC has the fullness of truth, is their teachings on sexuality. Imo, this gay marriage epidemic is the result of centuries of protestant emphasis on sex and sexual attraction as being the embodiment of the human person. The Catholic Church doesn't distinct between Tony17, who is atteacted to the same sex, and someone who's attracted to lots of pizza. Both would be guilty of sin if they acted on their impulse. Gluttony and the act of homosexuality are both sins as it stands before God.
Hate,to tell you ..this,has been going on forever..think Sodom..

Hollywood is,promoting it, politicians, nothing to do with a,Proestsatnt unless,they are,gay .
Maybe we never saw,it so much before, but I think this,culture is,promoting the,lifestyle among teens,who are,usually confused,on sex anyway ..it's,sad.

I honestly think there is,something different about some people in larger numbers...I'm not talking about folks,who now,want to be a different sex...another ballgame.

But seriously , could be a fault of the hormones,in beef, the water, genetic differences in this,sad world..I have,no idea,but some,are different and its,not put on..do I know,why, or God's,plan for them???? No I don't ...

Keep blaming protestants, that works,Liam..then someone will talk about gay Catholics,,and on it goes..have fun..
marge

Ames, IA

#545062 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bibles does not teach that I am to be able to explain miracles performed by God, or to explain anything He has said...He said to "believe" ...that I do and you don't...you question Him, His miracles, and call Him a liar..
He said "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" and you ignore His teaching..you boost on your "superior intelligence" and your "university education"...you are proud of yourself...
Know what God's Word says about pride "Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Isa 1:18 has zilch to do with this discussion....
.
yep

I would say you must know Jesus as your Lord and Savoir to write that.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545063 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, lose the "RCC" jabs. That's a tell tale sign that you're not in tune with the meaning behind "Roman" Catholic Church. I swear, no matter how many times we clarify the adjective "Roman" to you guys, you refuse to get it... the Church is Universal or "Catholic" in Greek. We have Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopian, Byzantine, Maronite, Oriental, Ukrainian, yes Roman too and so on, "Universal" Churches you see...
Anyway, you are not a sinner for being attracted to men. If you act on that atteaction, then you sin. Marriage is a holy union. Heterosexuals are not exempt from that union just because they "acted" with the same sex. That seems to be the protestant mentality.
Well I guess I could. After all Satans deception according to scripture will be universal. Scripture tells that Satan will dupe everyone ......EXCEPT THE ELECT.

Anyhow,I don't understand why we are gay.I intend to ask my God why because I'm not trying to be rebellious by being gay. I WANT TO KNOW WHY WE ARE GAY.
marge

Ames, IA

#545064 Jun 21, 2014
Tony,

Do you believe Jesus is God?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#545065 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate,to tell you ..this,has been going on forever..think Sodom..
Hollywood is,promoting it, politicians, nothing to do with a,Proestsatnt unless,they are,gay .
Maybe we never saw,it so much before, but I think this,culture is,promoting the,lifestyle among teens,who are,usually confused,on sex anyway ..it's,sad.
I honestly think there is,something different about some people in larger numbers...I'm not talking about folks,who now,want to be a different sex...another ballgame.
But seriously , could be a fault of the hormones,in beef, the water, genetic differences in this,sad world..I have,no idea,but some,are different and its,not put on..do I know,why, or God's,plan for them???? No I don't ...
Keep blaming protestants, that works,Liam..then someone will talk about gay Catholics,,and on it goes..have fun..
Rose, this all has to do with the definition of sexuality. Protestantism and Catholicism have different meanings. To protestants, your sexual attraction defines you. To Catholics it doesn't. We are so much more as humans than who we are atteacted to sexually- whether its same sex, blond, brunette, whatever. ANY sex outside the Holy Sacrament of marriage is a sin. Straight people are far more guilty of this than gay people.
marge

Ames, IA

#545066 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate,to tell you ..this,has been going on forever..think Sodom..
Hollywood is,promoting it, politicians, nothing to do with a,Proestsatnt unless,they are,gay .
Maybe we never saw,it so much before, but I think this,culture is,promoting the,lifestyle among teens,who are,usually confused,on sex anyway ..it's,sad.
I honestly think there is,something different about some people in larger numbers...I'm not talking about folks,who now,want to be a different sex...another ballgame.
But seriously , could be a fault of the hormones,in beef, the water, genetic differences in this,sad world..I have,no idea,but some,are different and its,not put on..do I know,why, or God's,plan for them???? No I don't ...
Keep blaming protestants, that works,Liam..then someone will talk about gay Catholics,,and on it goes..have fun..
Hey Rose I see what you mean, it has become obvious who is following either good or evil, Thank You dear Lord that we can See!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545067 Jun 21, 2014
Something just came to me. When Christ started His church,He never once said that church would be universal/worldwide.
marge

Ames, IA

#545068 Jun 21, 2014
Did anyone watch 'knots landing'?

Poor Liam.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#545069 Jun 21, 2014
marge wrote:
Tony,
Do you believe Jesus is God?
According to Hebrews 1:8 (KJV) He is called God. In that same chapter the angels are told to worship Him.Worshipping anything except God is IDOLATRY.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#545070 Jun 21, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Judas repented. What Judas did, he was raised to do. Judas gave all that money back to those so called Jews that paid him and repented. Lets leave all judging in Gods hands okay.
Stop condemning Judas by reading scriptures that you don't understand.
you are wrong, judas never repented to God and that is the difference between your false teaching and the Christians.

judas was only sorry that he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, nothing else
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#545071 Jun 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
I would say you must know Jesus as your Lord and Savoir to write that.
dumb, that is all that I can say about that. I took up for you against him and showed him what you meant.

people can write a lot of things, that has never been the Basis for being Saved. but I don't expect you to know that.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#545072 Jun 21, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Well I guess I could. After all Satans deception according to scripture will be universal. Scripture tells that Satan will dupe everyone ......EXCEPT THE ELECT.
Anyhow,I don't understand why we are gay.I intend to ask my God why because I'm not trying to be rebellious by being gay. I WANT TO KNOW WHY WE ARE GAY.
1. Scripture collections vary from people to people. As it stands, Protestantism has most of the Catholic Church's collection.
2. I don't know why you are attracted to men. But don't feel shamed for it to the point it separates you from God. Heterosexuals are way more guilty of sexual escapades imo. Believe me, Tony, homosexuality is not a cross I would wish for anyone. Married men (pastors included) struggle with attraction to blondes brunettes and whomever... I guess it all has to with the Garden of Eden and the fall of man.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#545073 Jun 22, 2014
marge wrote:
Did anyone watch 'knots landing'?
Poor Liam.
Huh? Knots landing? I can't imagine where you're going with that.
Christianity would function much better if the fanatic wing would phase out. I guess I find comfort in knowing that your kind is still quarantined to American soil. Throughout the world, born again evangelicals are anonymous. I think it's because our country spawned the 70's Jesus movement. Really, that is the true origins of modern born againerism. That's how I see it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min RiccardoFire 615,761
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min AussieBobby 42,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Bongo1 950,531
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 278,415
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min karl44 14,249
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min lisw 180,013
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 46 min Grunt56 223,080
More from around the web