Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637021 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544973 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the Christian god is so unjust as to subject Jerry and Fred to such torment.
If he's in a Catholic mood, who knows what he will do to Jerry and Fred???

If he's in a Protestant mood, he will take them to Protestantized compartmentalized heaven.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#544974 Jun 21, 2014
Yes indeed ... heaven a place I would definitely want to avoid.

The bickering that will never be settled on earth will just move itself to another location in the sky and carry on as usual.

No thank you.

If I have free will, I will just die, go up in smoke and be no more. An eternal sleep would give eternal peace.

Religious right-fighting turns me cold, as it leaves nothing in its wake but misery.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#544975 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you quit acting like a raging heathen?
You said that I am lying, yet you never post my post where you say that I am lying.
you have said many times that I have said mary was not the mother of Jesus, you don't show it tho. in my post that you just answered that I made to GIF, I proved that you are wrong.
you definitely have a mental problem which is why your wives left you.
I feel sorry for You, not them, they have escaped your lunacy. but you cant escape what you are.
I have given a very well thought out explaination as to how God placed Jesus in her womb, if you cant accept that or don't accept that, who Cares? I don't.
one thing is CERTAIN, YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG, NOR CAN YOU POINT TO ANY ONE VERSE THAT PROVES ME WRONG.
THE BIBLE DOESNT SAY HOW GOD GOT HER WITH CHILD, AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER IN THE SCHEME OF LIFE.
and after you posted that link, old PAD has been very quiet.lol
Per your request..

Me:
Therein is your problem:
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
And you a man called of God!!!!

You:
and therein IS YOUR PROBLEM. you still got a lot of catholic blood in you.lol

YOU TELL A PERSON THAT THEY ARE WRONG, BUT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO SHOW THEM JUST HOW THEY ARE WRONG.

FULLY HUMAN-GOD PLACED A EMBRYO IN HER WOMB THAT ATTACHES ITSELF TO HER WOMB AND TAKES ON HER FEATURES, BUT HER EGG IS NOT USED.

I fully understand that this is well above your intelligence level, but that is your problem not mine

Me today:
You fully and completely deny the miracle...you call God a liar in that He said Mary would conceive and you say that ain't so...He, rather, attached a embryo to her womb...making her a surrogate mother..you further say that I am too dumb to understand this...but you, having a higher...much higher level of intelligence fully understand what happened....which says you are saying the Bible is in error...and you know it!!!!

Location hidden

#544976 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#544977 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said there is an ossuary in Jerusalem that says "Simon Bar Jonah". Then you wondered why it is guarded by the RCC.
First off, it is not 'guarded by the RCC'. Where the heck did you pull that from?
Second, "Simon" and "John" were two of the most popular names in Jerusalem at that time. "Simon, son of John" is written on many crypts I would imagine.
Third, Jesus Christ changed Simons name to Peter. You are assuming Peter changed it back to Simon, and after the Bible was written, people stopped calling him Peter.
Fourth, the whereabouts of Peter is no mystery. The world was well aware of who he was, where he lived and died. It only became a controversy when fundies decided they needed to further distance the Catholic Church.
Fifth, since when are you interested in archeology? I said it before and ill say it again: archeology, science, reason and logic are no friend to fundamental born again Christianity..
In short Liam, you said exactly what I said.

Things,make news ...people and churches say things ..

I know,Simon was,a,common name...and the story said it was in a,monastery..is,it true, who knows,?? Some guy named supposed saw,them and there,are updated ....I'm saying folks can read anything into anything old ....Bagatti I think ..sorry I don't have the bookmark as it was just from a,post on here I didn't save .....

With the history of the bones at the Vatican???? Are they Peters ??? They were even stolen at one time, weren't they...it's,nit like,we have his,DNA and I hold very little of science in great repute as I've said.....the cataclysm caused by the water inside the earth springing UP along with rain from.above like a giants,blender...you know,my opinion on archeology ..I think all that cataclysm is,God confounding science ..he gave us,Genesis ....I stick with that.

Thing is,sad but many old FINDS are kept by collectors, looting the Holy Land ...sold by the founders to the highest bidder ...it's,a wonder we have anything ....before Israel was a nation , I'm sure it was,worse .....

There's,a,New supposed take on 5000 year old Sumerian writing, of course it's,NOT clear but one school of thought it's,from outer space folks,who seeded our planet .....I'm sure it's,well written and supposedly by a,Christian....

Whole lot of nonsense out there.

I hope that those bones,in the first post are from JAMES ...but if not , it will not affect my faith any more than if supposedly the Holy Grail showed up ...mysteriously ...no one in the first century, I'm sure decided to keep relics and Gove them great significance or healing powers ..I had,a saints,relic for years..gave it to my sis,as,it was from her confirmation saint...I never prayed for it to do anything for me,and I'm sure,sis hasn't either......

I tried to make this clear by examples...

Christ did not c o me in this,day and age and to internet junkies, in a,time where fraud is easy .

He came to a,people who were HIS...and some believed and passed it on ..some expected a different kind of Saviuir , the one who will return triumphant ...and I think some did believe , but chose not to rock their boats ..thankfully for us enough were imbued with the HOLY SPIRIT to pass it on and give us,His,teAching...ALL of us, not just Catholics ...AND THAT'S,WHAT IS IMPORTANT ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#544978 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe 100% in Jesus, why are you not Christian?
So you are looking in your crystal ball to see that I only believe in 50%, now that is really funny.
You wrote
"You place yourself in a "lower bracket" .... I Never said that.
As far as believing in Jesus....
We/I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,(Luke 1:35) eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God, begotten not made, one in being with the Father.(Heb 1:3) Through him all things were made.(John 1:2-3) For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven:(John 3:13) by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the virgin Mary,(Matt 1:18) and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,(John 19:16) he suffered, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures.(1 Cor 15:3-4) He ascended into heaven (Luke 24:51) and is seated at the right hand of the Father.(Col 3:1) He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead (2 Tim 4:1) and his kingdom will have no end.(Luke 1:33) We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of Life,(Acts 2:17) who proceeds from the Father and the Son.(John 14:16) With the Father and Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the prophets.(1 Peter 1:10-11)~
#enoughsaid #done
~~~
you wrote

If you believe 100% in Jesus, why are you not Christian?
So you are looking in your crystal ball to see that I only believe in 50%, now that is really funny.
You wrote

The Bible says

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

If you are not born again as JESUS SAID YOU MUST...BE TO

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

YOUR STATUS IS NO MORE BEFORE THE HEAVENLY FATHER THAN THAT OF SATAN

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#544979 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE I hope not!
I really don't want you to burn me at the stake in the name of the father ... the son ... and the holy ghost.
Be good or I will!
Kidding!

Unlike the atheist hitler that burned Catholics and Jews.:(

#repent #hell #fire #hot

United States

#544980 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
As Catholics we shouldn't expect to be treated any different then Jesus Christ.
-
-
um, Liam

Jesus was tortured and murdered ... as he hung on a piece of wood ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#544981 Jun 21, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your right,no one who knows the society we live in would disagree with you. The truth is we are here only to warn,and to tell people that the Laws of God,although not popular,are against two men and two women copulating and marrying. It is not a matter of whether we want everyone to feel good about God's ways,but that His ways are contrary to the world we live in.and we who follow Him are not popular,but hav
But that does not change our right to not have any part of it.But guess what society around us will not tolerate our dissent,and we are seeing negative reactions by gays toward businesses and whatnot where Christians may take a stand and refuse to even bake a cake for a gay wedding. That is a start isn't it? Although Aq. that society is embracing the gay marriage as legal and proper, the gays are not satisfied with that,as they have in their agenda to force the religious communities by crying "WOLF' to someday promote them as well. Many churches of the larger liberal titles:Presbyterian,Methodist, United Church of Christ and more are performing gay marriages.Gay couples are even going to evangelical churches and asking for the right to become members.The ministers of those churches have to be extremely careful how they respond to such a request.So far we have not seen gay couples openly complain about being refused to join a membership of a n evangelical church.
But it only takes one,and what will be the response of the media? How will society which is bent on pleasing the gays in every way react to the fact that most of the CHURCH will never marry two men and women? Homophobes,will not be tolerated. But the truth is what the world once saw as a dysfunctional lifestyle for centuries,and that which would never be allowed to marry in most nations,and under many systems, is being forced on all by the hypocritical attitude of the world NOW. No one will be given an option,just like abortion is on demand world wide,and those who oppose it are vilified as the worst narrow-minded sorts.
It is the truth that soon what most of us would never agree to would be forced upon us by the so called-liberal all embracing do gooders,that would kill to sustain their rights. It is all about what the world wants,and now it wants to promote same-sex unions through marriage,no one will stand in their way,all will comply! There is no God,who cares what the followers of a CREATOR say,they must be assimilated or die,and that is the future when it comes to the world view of morality and the moral values of religions and whatever.
Just sit back Aquarius and watch,it will unravel right before your eyes,and will you who would insure the right of an owl or some poor creature,speak against those who would take our right to refuse to marry two men,or two women when it violates our conscience? We will see!
And this,May be how the Christians are demonized in the end ...it's,heading that way..

I think most gay people want to live their lives in peace with civil rights, they shop in stores , go to work, are good neighbors....and should never be the targets of hate imo

but as with other groups , there is a whole industry making money and power out of any differences...these,liberal folks,IMO are the least liberal people .....and they will most certainly challenge the churches As they are now challenging businesses who do not want to cater

These,are the type who .won't let Condaleca,a great black woman speak at a college,graduation.....fly thousands,of miles,to some small town to be offended by their TRADITIINAL Nativity scene ....everything is,about victimization..

Prince George, Canada

#544982 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the atheist hitler that burned Catholics and Jews.:(
“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

Prince George, Canada

#544983 Jun 21, 2014
The Catholic church fathers taught the Catholic Hitler that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed ... and Hitler took his Catholic religion to HEART and put it into action.

“Happy 2016!!”

#544984 Jun 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is the state which issues marriage licenses and grants all legal benefits to married couples, the church has no say in the matter whatsoever.
The church lost it's control over what constitutes a legal marriage a long time ago.
Well.... You can always go to the Presbyterian or episcopal church, happy wedding!

The Catholic Church will not do you the pleasure !

Prince George, Canada

#544985 Jun 21, 2014
Then Hitler simply followed his Catholic teaching and even put Catholics to death when they disagreed with.

He learned that technique from the popes.

“Happy 2016!!”

#544986 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”
[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]
Ha ha you really want to believe that? Go ahead he excommunicated himself when he took the atheist road! In his dreams he wished he was Catholic.

#hitlerlover #nuts #clueless

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#544987 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now you want to slide the bar a tad, eh?
I don't blame you, but let's look at what you actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, within a short period, there were several noncanonical texts referencing Jesus.
The Gospel of Thomas comes to mind, much of which is believed to have been written in the first century.
And, of course, there is Josephus.
His Testimonium Flavianum is a highly redacted passage, but most experts believe the obviously Christian editing [possibly Eusebius] overlays a genuine passage and consider his separate reference to James' death also to be genuine.
And then there are the Gnostic Gospels, many preserved in the Nag Hammadi library, though perhaps only Thomas originally dates to the first century.
Indeed, Jesus seems to have acquired more print in the first century or two after his death than just about anyone of his generation.
You now correctly emphasize that no texts were written during Jesus' lifetime. This is true. His flock were mostly illiterates. Perhaps he himself was. John and Peter were according to the NT. And most from the laboring class in first century Palestine was.
So it hardly is surprising that, from his lifetime, not "one iota or one tittle" of text survives about him.
Precision matters.
Jewish boys,were required to study scripture at least in Torah school ....John may have been in the Priestly family by his,mother as,he had access to the Sanhedrin meeting...Matthew,was a tax collector...his followers were not all illiterate..Paul was writing to people,who could read and copy and pass,on his,letters to other Churches......no Xeroxed. So did Peter, etc...John Mark may have been his scribe or any other disciple.

The,JEWS COPIED SCRIPTURE .. it was part of their heritage .....

And every written document along with everything Jewish and Roman that was in Jerusalem in AD 70 was destroyed, burned up ...so we have no idea,what was or was not written ..what notes may have been taken or sent before the gospel s,were put down in completion..I know,even Catholics,like to think no one wrote anything...I think it defies belief...but alas,much is gone, destroyed through war and persecution.

AND YET , we have our divinely inspired bible ....thank God

Prince George, Canada

#544988 Jun 21, 2014
All of you preachers of religion promise that you know universal truth ... yet you preach at each other that others are all liars

And you all want me to be impressed by your performances.

I think NOT!!!

I'll take my chances that you are ALL full of hot air and nothing BUT hot air.

Prince George, Canada

#544989 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha you really want to believe that? Go ahead he excommunicated himself when he took the atheist road! In his dreams he wished he was Catholic.
#hitlerlover #nuts #clueless
Now you want Hitler to go to Catholic hell, when all he was doing was behaving comparable to the popes.

You are not at all fair.

I suggest if Hitler had been a pope, you wouldn't criticize him for wanting the vile Jews and misbehaving Catholics SLAYED.

It was common Catholic practice for popes to obey the will of the Catholicized God that they taught hated the Jews.

Those popes were horrible beasts. dressed in their pretentious HOLY god-garbs.

Prince George, Canada

#544990 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish boys,were required to study scripture at least in Torah school ....John may have been in the Priestly family by his,mother as,he had access to the Sanhedrin meeting...Matthew,was a tax collector...his followers were not all illiterate..Paul was writing to people,who could read and copy and pass,on his,letters to other Churches......no Xeroxed. So did Peter, etc...John Mark may have been his scribe or any other disciple.
The,JEWS COPIED SCRIPTURE .. it was part of their heritage .....
And every written document along with everything Jewish and Roman that was in Jerusalem in AD 70 was destroyed, burned up ...so we have no idea,what was or was not written ..what notes may have been taken or sent before the gospel s,were put down in completion..I know,even Catholics,like to think no one wrote anything...I think it defies belief...but alas,much is gone, destroyed through war and persecution.
AND YET , we have our divinely inspired bible ....thank God
You really should take a course in Judaism before trying to believe you are a Jewish prophet that sees the future Protestants will be the only ones worthy of salvation.

Nutcase!

Prince George, Canada

#544991 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.... You can always go to the Presbyterian or episcopal church, happy wedding!
It would be nice if you could treat homosexuals as being equal to you in worth.

But, of course you believe that a god ordains that because you are a heterosexual Catholic you are made of special stuffings.

Arrogant fool.

Your church is full of homosexuals in hiding. Do you think THEY will go to hell???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#544992 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Catholic theologians, Jesus was baptized INTO Catholicism in the river Jordon by John ... before he died.
Yet the word Catholic never came to be associated with religion until long after Jesus' supposed death.
It's a crock of manure, as were all the savior myths.
Christians "wishing" it was a real happening, doesn't make it real.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The Catholic Encyclopedia
Catholic
The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
.....,.my understanding is that John the Baptist was a Jew when he baptized Jesus. Baptized him what? Jews don't believe in sons of God.
....I don't remember reading anywhere that John Baptist converted to Christianity, yet today in the catholic church he is a saint. A Jew a catholic saint???

......makes no common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 5 min ImFree2Choose 1,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Buck Crick 27,977
I never REALIZED........ 8 min andet1987 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min truth 44,060
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min here 280,449
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,551
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Joe Fortuna 4,713
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 3,571
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 104,190
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr YOURMOTHERISINMYC... 968,649
More from around the web