Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544734 Jun 20, 2014
The last of August 1982, I was Saved, by the end of Sept, 1982. THE Sunday School teacher(a man Saved for over 40 years at that time) was asking me what was being written in the Book of Revelation(that was what they were studying when I came into the Church).

My knowledge was increased by God. He gives me that to go with My Office, just as He did with Paul and the others.

which is why I can easily tell xbore that a dunce like him could never teach one such as myself.

NO BRAG, JUST FACT.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544735 Jun 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
xbore, chess as well as many others on this Forum has your number. he has called you out many times and found you lacking in Biblical Knowledge. if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't know anything.lol

and thankfully, those many women that you have had, have known enough to get away from you and stay away. lol

deacon in a Baptist church, not hardly, any church that would have you would have to be that westboro Baptist church or its affiliate
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544736 Jun 20, 2014
xbore is a mental midget, and that's all I got to say about that.lol
Michael Thomas

Richmond Hill, NY

#544737 Jun 20, 2014
That's odd...The Mormon church makes the very same claim! lol ;)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544738 Jun 20, 2014
guest wrote:
813 The Church is one because of her source:
That word "source" has been used by every religious philandering-philosopher on the globe.

Yet you learn nothing ... such is your WILL to preach nonsense!
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544739 Jun 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
xbore is a mental midget, and that's all I got to say about that.lol
I know enough about the Working of God to know that He is not going to use a reprobate like xbore as a Teacher of His Holy Word.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544740 Jun 20, 2014
Michael Thomas wrote:
That's odd...The Mormon church makes the very same claim! lol ;)
[xbore is a mental midget, and that's all I got to say about that.lol ]

word gets around, doesn't it?

Prince George, Canada

#544741 Jun 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't charge for tutoring...glad to help...
Tittering would be a more "fitting" word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Definition of Titter

Babylon English

giggle

giggle, stifled laughter

http://dictionary.babylon.com/titter/

Prince George, Canada

#544742 Jun 20, 2014
Story-telling time of a boy whose father was a devout Christian.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

My father claimed to be my earthly father, and he said he taugh me the truth that came from the source of my heavenly father.

So one day I tested his skills.

"Father, may I ask you a question?"

"Certainly my son."

"Did our father God give us free will?"

"Yes my son he did give us free will."

"If he gave us free will, why did he say that if we don't believe in Jesus, he would reject us to Christian hell?

"Oh my son, you have so much to learn. You must never ask questions of why GOD made such a plan."

"But father, doesn't mean that I have no free will if God punishes me if I don't believe in Jesus? After all, it is God's choice to reject me to hell, isn't it. And doesn't that deny me of my choice. If I was the one in power, I could reject God to Islam's hell, couldn't I father?"

SMACK ... WHACK ... CRACK!!!

"You go to bed without supper, you devilish ingrate. And don't ever ask questions of GOD AGAIN. He loves only us Christians."

That was when I knew that my father had lied to himself long before he passed that lie unto me.

Prince George, Canada

#544743 Jun 20, 2014
Beware of those who claim they can lead you on a holy path to eternal bliss in a hereafter.

Religious cults came to earth with the first and second religion ... and since then cults have done nothing but multiply in numbers, with ignorant and arrogant leaders of the packs spreading the silly nonsense as being based on the one and only universal truth wherever they went.

Religion ought to be referred to as "Babble ON!"

Prince George, Canada

#544744 Jun 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I know enough about the Working of God to know that He is not going to use a reprobate like xbore as a Teacher of His Holy Word.
My words for you

As you gaze in the mirror
I know what you see
A divine preacher
You will agree

Other will tell you
That that is a lie
But you won't ever listen
Because you are sly

Prince George, Canada

#544745 Jun 20, 2014
sly

adjective

having or showing a cunning and deceitful nature.

https://www.google.ca/...

Prince George, Canada

#544746 Jun 20, 2014
If humans were honest, they would say that they can guess that there is a future and they can guess at what their future will be, but that it is JUST a guess.

But humans in religion are not honest ... first to their selves and second to each other.

Honesty means to admit to the self ... "I don't know answers to what remains mysteries ... period."

Prince George, Canada

#544747 Jun 20, 2014
Most people are terrified to not BE in a religion. They figure if they don't believe in the existence of a god or gods that the god or gods will punish them.

That is why there are so many cults, with more springing up every day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

Tricks to Keep You Controlled

Leaders get you to believe that they don’t interpret the Bible but just “teach what is in the Bible”—making the Bible synonymous with their interpretations.

Prince George, Canada

#544748 Jun 20, 2014
American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

Since at least 1776 the upstart sects have grown as the mainline American denominations have declined. And this trend continues unabated, as new upstarts continue to push to the fore.

--------Roger Finke and Rodney Stark, The Churching of America, 1992.

Prince George, Canada

#544749 Jun 20, 2014
Humans that are terrified to not have a religion on which to count will be the most adamant pulpit-pounding type of preachers.

Fear of a God and pride in serving the supposed god combines to make a frightening mixture of emotions.

"Join me in my quest to serve GOD ... or DIE! Those are your two choices."

Prince George, Canada

#544750 Jun 20, 2014
And they all believe they preach nothing but universal truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

By one count, the United States in 1996 had 19 separate Presbyterian denominations, 32 Lutheran, 36 Methodist, 37 Episcopal or Anglican, 60 Baptist, and 241 Pentecostal. Globalization and immigration have added to the proliferation in surprising ways. In a New Religious America (2001), Diana Eck pointed out that Muslims in America outnumber Presbyterians or Episcopalians, and that Los Angeles is the most varietal Buddhist city in the world. Each Sunday the Los Angeles Times publishes a directory of services that includes more than six hundred denominations.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#544751 Jun 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Sherlayne"]< quoted text>
What gets me June, is that jesus said we are not accountable for our fathers' sins, yet we "inherit" original sin. Now what's wrong with this picture, folks?
----------
Nothing is wrong with that picture. "Original sin" resulted when Adam disobeyed God's instruction, and obeyed a direct temptation from the devil. He then accused God and the woman, rather than take responsibility for his action.(He might have been forgiven.)("It was that WOMAN that YOU gave me," he said.)(Woman has been blamed ever since!) That was all God's responsibility.
When legal courts were being formed under the judgment/care of men, they were instructed not to make a son pay for his father's sins/deeds. Adam blamed God and the woman for his sin; the woman blamed the serpent. The human court is to recognize the individual responsibility.
Psychiatrists have convinced us today that our misdeeds are due to someone elses mistreatment of us. But we have a choice; no one else can 'make' us do anything. We are responsible for our own deeds...and human courts are to deal only with the individuals responsibility.
God will administer justice to those that human courts cannot touch...only He knows the heart well enough to do so. God gave a remedy for all of this when He sent His Son so that "whosoever will" might be forgiven ( their own sin), and instructs each of us to forgive those who trespass against us.
Self.

We proceed in life by our own choices, not "God's".

You actually confirmed it with a statement you made above:
"That was all God's responsibility."

Which actually directly reflects upon the misnomer that "God" also has a master plan. If "He" does have a "Master Plan", then it wasn't Adam's fault, nor it was Eve's fault, nor the snake, nor the "angel that let the snake into the supposed Garden".

It was all of "God's" doing, and you seem to praising "Him" for those acts, yet think man is responsible.

Self.....is more of an accurate term to use for this. It has been present since the beginning.

Prince George, Canada

#544752 Jun 20, 2014
American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips. Published 2006.

Jehovah’s Witnesses were yet another of the militant denominations assembled in the nineteenth century to await a second coming. Founder Charles Russell, who rejected the doctrine of the trinity, proclaimed that Christ had returned to earth invisibly in 1874 preparatory to establishing a full presence. The cataclysm or advent was predicted for 1914.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#544753 Jun 20, 2014
Regina wrote:
813 The Church is one because of her source: "the highest exemplar and source of this mystery is the unity, in the Trinity of Persons, of one God, the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit."259 The Church is one because of her founder: for "the Word made flesh, the prince of peace, reconciled all men to God by the cross,... restoring the unity of all in one people and one body."260 The Church is one because of her "soul": "It is the Holy Spirit, dwelling in those who believe and pervading and ruling over the entire Church, who brings about that wonderful communion of the faithful and joins them together so intimately in Christ that he is the principle of the Church's unity."261 Unity is of the essence of the Church.
815 What are these bonds of unity? Above all, charity "binds everything together in perfect harmony."265 But the unity of the pilgrim Church is also assured by visible bonds of communion:
- profession of one faith received from the Apostles;
-common celebration of divine worship, especially of the sacraments;
- apostolic succession through the sacrament of Holy Orders, maintaining the fraternal concord of God's family.266
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
----------
It makes no difference if individuals dissent from the Church's teachings as she still professes the same faith, the faith once given...not 42,000 different versions of it, as is the case in protestantism. What the individual thinks does not affect the Church's doctrines.
Let's see.....

"259 The Church is one because of her founder: for "the Word made flesh, the prince of peace, reconciled all men to God by the cross,... restoring the unity of all in one people and one body."
- Uhmmm......I don't think this is true.

"260 The Church is one because of her "soul": "It is the Holy Spirit, dwelling in those who believe and pervading and ruling over the entire Church, who brings about that wonderful communion of the faithful and joins them together so intimately in Christ that he is the principle of the Church's unity."
- Uhmmm......please define the Catholic Church's definition of "Church", as it seems that this man-made description lacks many of the finer qualities that Jesus would have expressed. Besides - it contradicts CCC 259..."restoring the unity of all in one people and one body." Hojo can confirm that 42,000+ denominations are not "united" or "into one people".

As for the Sacraments - as stated previously - you as a layperson can only achieve a portion of those Sacraments, so including the ones you can't achieve is misleading and unfounded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 43 min Tallguy95 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Clearwater 92,242
allofourstuff.com 1 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr The Real Donald T... 30
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Big Daddy K 94
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr what 285,938
More from around the web