Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640893 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#543902 Jun 14, 2014
correct correction..defends...not defines......

Location hidden

#543903 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since Jesus as always been, and Mary was born of human parents centuries after adam and eve, how could mary be the Mother of Jesus?
I am certain that all of you ought to know exactly what I am talking about.
we ALL know that she birthed a baby and the baby was named Jesus as they were told to call Him, but the Son of God never had a mother.
and if you or xbore wish to mock the truth, it shows how stupid that you two are.
BTW, your name liam is really a ugly looking name, you really should pop your mom and/or dad for sticking U with that name.lol
Oh "man called of God" "one of greater Divine wisdom than God"..you are saying the Scripture quoted are lies...Christ had no mother". Mother: A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.(That means she was pregnant...honest!!!!)

And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

You need help??? Ask your granddaughter to help you...the one that refers to God Almighty as god....

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#543904 Jun 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me....I know it....Christ promised it and followed through with His Words..
Well, there's your error right there, thief.

The Christ never spoke a word, and Jesus knew nothing of the Christian canon.

But you keep pretending, eh?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#543905 Jun 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
correct correction..defends...not defines......
Been drinking again, eh?

Location hidden

#543906 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
The Bible nowhere commands us to only speak or write His name in Hebrew or Greek. It never even hints at such an idea. Rather, when the message of the gospel was being proclaimed on the Day of Pentecost, the apostles spoke in the languages of the “Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene”(Acts 2:9–10). In the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus was made known to every language group in a way they could readily understand.
Spelling did not matter.[SEE THIS XBORE]
We refer to Him as “Jesus” because, as English-speaking people, we know of Him through English translations of the Greek New Testament. Scripture does not value one language over another, and it gives no indication that we must resort to Hebrew when addressing the Lord. The command is to “call on the name of the Lord,” with the promise that we “shall be saved”(Acts 2:21; Joel 2:32). Whether we call on Him in English, Korean, Hindi, or Hebrew, the result is the same: the Lord is salvation.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html...
WHEN A PERSON [CALLS] ON THE NAME OF THE LORD, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
I SOMETIMES FORGET TO USE CAPS WHEN I SPEAK OF GOD, JESUS OR THE LORD.
This is not blasphemy, nor a sin,it is just poor typing, nothing more.
Oh "man called of God" "one of greater Divine wisdom than God"..you are saying the Scripture quoted are lies...Christ had no mother". Mother: A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.(That means she was pregnant...honest!!!!)

And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

You need help??? Ask your granddaughter to help you...the one that refers to God Almighty as god....

Defending anyone calling God Almighty god is doing the work of the devil...

Location hidden

#543907 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT JESUS THE SON OF GOD HAD A MOTHER.
mary was ONLY a vessel that God the father used.
to think otherwise shows how stupid that Catholicism has become.
which tells how stupid that people believe this foolishness.
Jesus told every at that Revival meeting, when that woman talked and shouted out how blessed mary was, and HE DISAGREED.
Mary wasn't any different than the beggar, they both needed the Lord, and if angels came down and delivered her to the Throne of God, this tickles me pink.
But to make her equal to the ONE who died for me, I aint doing. I could care less what you might think of me.
I know what Jesus said about her, you ought to try and read the Bible, then this foolishness might leave you.
why don't YOU tell me where you think that I might be wrong by agreeing with Jesus
Oh "man called of God" "one of greater Divine wisdom than God"..you are saying the Scripture quoted are lies...Christ had no mother. Mother: A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543908 Jun 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll believe his wife.
Now it's your turn to believe his wife.
She believes that Catholics will spend eternity in hell. Do you agree with her belief???
:)
Whatever the sect, the Bible is clear.

"Few are chosen."

So whatever delusional sect one follows, most of god's creation was and is being created for the purpose of being tortured in some manner for all eternity.

That's why they call him a "loving god."

On the other hand, mine is the only -- not angry nor vengeful -- proven God.

Not bragging, just saying.

ramen :o)

Location hidden

#543909 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
In this verse, Jesus is speaking, and He lets people know who is important.
And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers!…
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother
Mark;For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Luke 8:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
THREE EXAMPLES, ALL COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF JESUS. ALL SHOWING THAT HE WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH CHRISTIANS DOING HIS WILL.
AND AT NO TIME DID HE INSIST THAT WE ARE TO SHOW HER RESPECT ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
HE DIDNT!!!!!!! AND THE REASON IS OBVIOUS, HE IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS, NOR WOULD HE ALLOW THAT WOMAN TO SPEAK AND SAY THAT SHE WAS BLESSED ABOVE ALL OTHER WOMEN.{now that is Bible, clay, read and learn]
You are quoting Scripture from the lips of Christ that uses the term "my mother".....when you say that Christ had no mother you are saying these verses are lies...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543910 Jun 14, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
I'll believe his wife.
She believes that Catholics will spend eternity in hell. Do you agree with her belief???
----------
God will decide where Catholics (and all the rest of us) will spend eternity. He is the judge...I don't judge anyone...I do worry about you, though.

Location hidden

#543911 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
In this verse, Jesus is speaking, and He lets people know who is important.
And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers!…
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother
Mark;For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Luke 8:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
THREE EXAMPLES, ALL COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF JESUS. ALL SHOWING THAT HE WAS MORE IMPRESSED WITH CHRISTIANS DOING HIS WILL.
AND AT NO TIME DID HE INSIST THAT WE ARE TO SHOW HER RESPECT ABOVE ALL OTHERS.
HE DIDNT!!!!!!! AND THE REASON IS OBVIOUS, HE IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS, NOR WOULD HE ALLOW THAT WOMAN TO SPEAK AND SAY THAT SHE WAS BLESSED ABOVE ALL OTHER WOMEN.{now that is Bible, clay, read and learn]
Jesus Christ was not crucified for a select few...."no respecter of persons" means He views all as equals...
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543913 Jun 14, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
It doesn't matter if you quoted my exact words or not.
-
What MATTERS is if you quoted them in context and then made your conclusions based on the ACCURATE quotation - in its original context. But you did not.
-
This conversation has been copied and returned to its original context ...^above... to make manifest your need to draw off-the-wall conclusions and make derogatory remarks as to my mental health based on what you WANT ME TO SAY rather than what I have actually said.::Therefore:: who is the 'mental' one in this instance?
-
p.s. I never claimed "otherwise" as to who, historically, had possession of the Holy Bible. Therefore, this would negate your conclusion that I am just an "angry, deluded catholic-in-denial." and ... by YOUR measure it would mean that it is YOU who are the "mentally challenged and living in "la la land." individual.
OK, in context, your exact words: "... the church is nothing but evil and always has been."

In context, I never wrote that the CC wrote the Bible. I said (accurately) that the CC "compiled" the Bible. They did so, by picking certain writings and rejecting others. The final version was then approved by the CC.

Those are the facts. No credible source on earth denies those facts.

You use the CC "compiled" and "approved" holy book. No god gave you any other.

Therefore, I conclude... you are just an angry, deluded catholic-in-denial.

Sorry, but facts are facts. I say this in a loving manner. I hope you will open your mind to reality one day, the reality of my one true God.

peace and love,

ramen

Location hidden

#543914 Jun 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you wanted me to give you your space as to what you believe. Well I did not call you an idiot. Preston you can't have it both ways,but you do,you want us to give you space to your OPINION,but you mock us at ours.You are the minority with your theory,disciple and a few others may agree with you,but the majority of the Christian believers on this planet believe that MARY is in fact the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. You are sorely outnumbered,and the truth be known we really don't care about your theory!
Right on!!!!!
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543915 Jun 14, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
I'll believe his wife.
----------
God will decide where Catholics (and all the rest of us) will spend eternity. He is the judge...I don't judge anyone...I do worry about you, though.
If as you claim "God will decide," why do you worry about June or anyone else?

You are not being honest. You are indeed being judgmental. Who do you think you are fooling? God maybe?

I worry about you.

peace and love

ramen

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#543916 Jun 14, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Care for a Blintz?
I'd love a couple! Thanks!
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543917 Jun 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh "man called of God" "one of greater Divine wisdom than God"..you are saying the Scripture quoted are lies...Christ had no mother".
yep, the Christ had no mother.

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD.

John says nothing about the Word having a mother.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

mary was only thought of by God but was not yet.lol

the word Christ is a [TITLE]. showing how ignorant that you are. no wonder that the catholic church kicked you out and if any Baptist church could read about you on this Forum, they would quickly kick you out to.

maybe you should start your own religion
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543918 Jun 14, 2014
who="Robert F"]<quoted text>
KayMarie
Peace
Thanks KayMarie, I remember him writing this to me awhile back. It seems others prefer their own interpretation.
I hope you are doing well. Although it may seem like I am arguing at times, I assure you this is not the case. I greatly admire what your husband is trying to do. But at times it seems he is standing outside and shouting, rather than walking inside and reasoning with the RCs on the thread.
So let me ask, when I use scriptures, and he does not respond to me, is it because he feels I do not know, or that I am in error, or some other reason? I know that I am difficult to pin down, since I defend the RCs a lot of the times, and this may make things difficult.
Peace
----------
I'm not sure what his opinion of your posts is, he does not talk about you. I do not read often enough to know where you stand. I don't even know if you have denominational preference.
I do know that Catholics, when they DO become 'born again', make very strong and faithful Christians. I have known some of them who are very good friends.

Perhaps your intent is like mine...I just want to present the Truth that I have experienced in such a way that others can receive Him.

Blessing...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#543919 Jun 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There was "never" a possibility that I would have would have ever) remained a bible only Protestant because of the shallowness of its teachings.....There is nothing "genuine" or of substance in its doctrine, or in it's historical authenticity.........To remain a fundamental Protestant is to play the anti catholic judgemental game of bible verse self-righteousness.......hitti ng people over the head with contradicting and inconsistent bible verse interpretation ...( or better yet "mis-interpretation...... To be a Protestant ..is like acting out a play performance----saying the right things, acting the right way, and using the correct script!, with the right words.by cherry picking bible verses.......It was a miracle by the Grace of God through the Spirit of Jesus Christ that Our lLord led me out of this inconsistent merry-go-round of charades and into the Fullness of the TRUTH and other Fulllness of the faith in Jesus Christ--in and through His Zone Ztrue Apostolic Catholic Church.
~~~

You wrote

There was "never" a possibility that I would have would have ever) remained a bible only Protestant because of the shallowness of its teachings.....There is nothing "genuine" or of substance in its doctrine, or in it's historical authenticity.....

I feel very sorry for you...for you have chosen the way of the THIEVES AND ROBBERS.

JESUS SAID..
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

THERE IS ONLY ONE DOOR...

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

(YOU FOLLOW THE STRANGERS...BY CHOICE!)

Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

CONSTANTINE-ISM DATES BACK TO THE TOWER OF BABEL THIEVES AND ROBBERS IN GENESIS...

Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#543920 Jun 14, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in their defense, at least you wouldn't have had a say, eh?
In their "defense" neither would you have had a say. On your way to the stake to be burned, I suggest you wouldn't have been at all "cocky" in your attitude ... as the thought of the body being set on fire would not appeal to most humans that feared extreme pain.

And when they taught that hell meant eternal extreme pain to victims ... as Robert stated when he was rational and not suffering from his re-born Catholic neurosis ... "FEAR is what made the KNOW in religion."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert

Michael

Canada

#543921 Jun 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have as much right to be on this forum as you do--- in fact-- even more so-- because it is a Catholic forum.......As for your distorted and twisted manipulation of facts, there are over 98% of the priests in our diocese that have "no history of ANY sinful behavior so "knock off the lies"..
Furthermore--there are many good faithful Christians who are Protestants who don't spend their every moment attacking and ripping the faith of Catholics or anyone else whondoesn 't agrree with them!!
HOJO says.......... there are over 98% of the priests in our diocese that have "no history of ANY sinful behavior so "knock off the lies.

Michael says..........No history doesn't mean 98% are innocent. It just means, many of them were never caught.

I thought you were smarter than that? I was wrong.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543922 Jun 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>PLEASE,
don't quote me again, you little dope head.
you have called me a false preacher, one learned from satan, just to mention a few.
those Scriptures that I used to show the catholics are IN THE BIBLE,
if you are as smart as you think you are, you could have used them too.
you are smart, but you also are nothing but a smart alec and need to be locked up for good with your dope dealings. and I would love to be in the court room when they take you out to a cell and lock you up for life. it would be just what you deserve.
I don't ever want you to use my posts to allow you to make a point.
You are such a liar, Christians could suffer or even die when they sin. Now quit your lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min here 36,932
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min New Age Spiritual... 618,248
Play "end of the word" part 2 30 min SSnowFFlake 1,691
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 47 min RiccardoFire 104,535
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min who 280,833
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ricky F 53,746
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Ricky F 38,235
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bacon hater 969,760
More from around the web