Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627789 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#543559 Jun 11, 2014
I can't believe your still talking about this, people!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#543560 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the botton line is this.
Mary was not the mother of Jesus, as He said. Before Abraham was, I am.
she carried Him for nine months, no one argues about that, she gave Birth to Him, no one argues about that, but I refuse to accept the belief that Jesus was related to mary in any way shape of form.
again and again, I must point out, if Jesus is related to her then her egg had to have been used, which again makes Him half human.
I am not backing down on this, I unlike you am to intelligent enough to believe that if her egg was used, then he was fully human.
His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being.
It cant be one or the other, it can only be ONE WAY, and I choose my Way.
As I said...you are calling God a liar and denying the miracle He performed regards Mary..the Bible does not even hint at an embryo regards her conceiving...

Location hidden

#543561 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't suggest a lie. show me where I have denied the Virgin Birth.
Of course, I suggest and that many times, that I lean on my own understanding as opposed to a person like you.
I was just thinking about you finding fault with the text that my young granddaughter posted to her friends about how she had got Saved.
while those on the Forum were Blessed and the angels in heaven were rejoicing, you found fault with her lack of ONE capital letter.
and griped and found fault for days. no wonder you could keep a woman, they were very pleased I imagine to be well rid of a jerk like you.lol
I never said you denied the virgin berth...

I said: You denied "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding". You admitted that by boasting about using your own understanding and encourage others to do so....

I also said: You deny Scripture that tells of the miracle regards Mary the human mother of Christ..

Location hidden

#543562 Jun 11, 2014
make that birth....

Location hidden

#543563 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
what part of these qualifications did you fail to meet, oxbore?
The following are the qualifications that will be required of the deacons as found in 1st Timothy 3:8-13 and Acts 6:3.
1.A deacon must have a good reputation. The phrase “of good reputation” is synonymous with the word “reverent.” To be “reverent” is to be “honorable” and “devout.” A deacon’s reputation should be seen in his home and in his work outside the church.
2.A deacon must be a man of his word. A deacon is a man who can be trusted. He must not say one thing and do another. This qualification is one of trust.
3.A deacon must try to live above reproach. Realizing our sinful nature is present in all we do, we believe a Deacon must strive to live a life that does not call into question his integrity and growing relationship with God. There are many things of this world that have the appearance of evil, if we as men of God participate in, could cause a Brother to become confused and stumble.
4.A deacon must be a generous giver to his church. This is to say that a deacon should tithe. The Bible says that,“where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” If you do not give to the service of the church, your heart will not be there to serve.
5.A deacon must have a good grip on God’s word. This means that a deacon should be a student of God’s word. When a deacon knows God’s word then he will do God’s word.
6.A deacon must be proven. A man is not ordained as a deacon in order to acquire these qualifications. He is ordained because he already has them. A man who is nominated as a deacon should have already been shown to be faithful in his service, church attendance, tithing, witnessing, prayer, and Bible study.
7.A deacon should be blameless. Again this does not mean sinless but means that there is nothing someone can accuse him of, and that he lives with a clean conscience.
8.A deacon must be a one woman man. Our church recognizes divorce as an unfortunate result of sin in the world, but also understands the ability of God's grace to transform and renew those who have experienced it. The phrase, "a one woman man," means he is not involved in sexual impurity and, if married, is committed to his present wife.
9.A deacon must be a good father. This does not mean that a deacon’s children are to be blameless or perfect, but they have been taught and nurtured in the scriptures, guided safely, and disciplined appropriately.
10.A deacon must be the spiritual leader of his home. It is in the home that a deacon develops his spiritual leadership by setting the proper example, showing love to his wife and children, resolving conflict, and serving humbly, as well teaching the scripture.
Numbers 8 & 9 ?
If I were you, I would do just that...change the subject....

Location hidden

#543564 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
When a "Christian" agrees with a catholic makes neither one a "Christian" and both antichrist.
Be careful which side you are on!
Infantile...not worthy of a response...

Location hidden

#543565 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ask God why it is written " a body hast thou prepared for me"
it follows that God prepared a body for Jesus to inhabit until His Sacrifice, and egg. in and of itself will not produce a body as I have said many times.
BUT an embryo will produce a body, again unlike just a single egg from a female.
this isn't very difficult for even you , to understand Anthony.
again(wow, I have seen some stupid people in my lifetime, but many of you take the cake)
conceive means simply put, a beginning. and this beginning was just beginning for Mary.
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

You are from Satan....you are using Scripture, that has nothing to do with Mary conceiving, becoming pregnant, and giving Christ His fully human incarnate body, with the full and complete Divinity of His Father, do bolster your senseless ignorant words regards the "planted embryo" which says God lied when He said: And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

I can see how your influence on your granddaughter could have her refer to God Almighty as god......
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#543566 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the botton line is this.
Mary was not the mother of Jesus, as He said. Before Abraham was, I am.
she carried Him for nine months, no one argues about that, she gave Birth to Him, no one argues about that, but I refuse to accept the belief that Jesus was related to mary in any way shape of form.
again and again, I must point out, if Jesus is related to her then her egg had to have been used, which again makes Him half human.
I am not backing down on this, I unlike you am to intelligent enough to believe that if her egg was used, then he was fully human.
His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being.
It cant be one or the other, it can only be ONE WAY, and I choose my Way.
NO!!!---The bottom line is THIS !!!.......It was the Catholic Church (and the Early Church Fathers -who wrote it---AND---who gave ALL of us the Bible in 397AD.......Therefore, it is ONLY the Catholic Church that " correctly" interprets it!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#543567 Jun 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"THOU shalt conceive IN THY womb"
Why would the angel sent by God tell her "YOU will conceive IN YOUR womb" (modern translation) if He was going to insert an already-conceived-outside-her- womb embryo?
The hokey spirit was a horney cathaholic priest that had no scruples, and didn't care whether it raped a little girl bethrothed to another man? Was the god EL or Allah, or some other imposter named Pantera?
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543568 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
D. my son is coming home from China the first of July. He graduates june 27 with his masters degree.
very, very proud of him.
Awesomeness give him my regards and blessings...
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543569 Jun 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break your just messing around.
Hey sis sup?
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#543570 Jun 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
not me, I don't take water like you did. lets look at #5.

A deacon must have a good grip on God’s word. This means that a deacon should be a student of God’s word. When a deacon knows God’s word then he will do God’s word.

and this is certainly not [changing the subject]. it proves that you cant be a ordained deacon, you have shown that you are not the brightest bulb on this forum.
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543571 Jun 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Infantile...not worthy of a response...
But true admit it...
marge

Ames, IA

#543572 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sis sup?
I'm a grandma:), woo hoo! How are you?
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543573 Jun 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you're a disciple of but it ain't Jesus if you subscribe to Preston's heresy.
There's really only one person in this forum whose words carry any weight imo and that he has had me pondering on many times and many but not all are just background noises. Nothing personal but yours have no wisdom, it hasn't been given to you. It is a gift...you know.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#543574 Jun 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break your just messing around.
No he isn't. D has been on here for many years. he is one of the most foundational posters on this Forum. and he is a man that stands on his own two feet, and yeah, he and I have disagreed often in the past, in case you are interested.

and also, he is very knowledgeable about the Word of God
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#543575 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesomeness give him my regards and blessings...
the Chinese govt would like for him to stay over there, he has been teaching English and Spanish to the children over there.

But we would like to see him once in awhile so maybe he can get a job around here
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543576 Jun 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a grandma:), woo hoo! How are you?
Hey abuelita! Congratulations.
Blessed by the milisecond and the nano and pico....they keep on coming totally undeserved for sure, the Lord is in every corner everywhere, I can almost hear him say "get ready soon I'll be taking you, wife and kids...
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543577 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Chinese govt would like for him to stay over there, he has been teaching English and Spanish to the children over there.
But we would like to see him once in awhile so maybe he can get a job around here
Whatever he decides blessings to him but we need him here..

Location hidden

#543578 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not me, I don't take water like you did. lets look at #5.
A deacon must have a good grip on God’s word. This means that a deacon should be a student of God’s word. When a deacon knows God’s word then he will do God’s word.
and this is certainly not [changing the subject]. it proves that you cant be a ordained deacon, you have shown that you are not the brightest bulb on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 min White Male_ 3,371
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Chess Jurist 951,445
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min ChristineM 14,702
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min Neville Thompson 102,748
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Neville Thompson 278,487
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 42,274
Which was worse?: the Holocaust or Black Slavery?? 1 hr Thinking 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 615,688
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Frank Merton 180,061
More from around the web