Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693425 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#540731 May 28, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you heard of anyone praying and regrowing an arm or a leg?

ramen
....They grow back when you go to heaven. If by chance you are doomed to hell, it doesn't much matter.
Michael

Canada

#540733 May 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Babylon St. Peter mentions different than the one in Revelation? Did you know that he Vatican doesn't fit he description but Jerusalem does? I also noticed your typos and spelling are improved (your grammar still sucks), did they loosen up your straight jacket?
....how can you criticize his writing if he's wearing a damn straight jacket?

....you have no mercy Anthony.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#540734 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe, Preston, that Christ will be sitting on the throne of King David for the first time at the second coming???
But, as we can see in the Word of God, it says he has already been on the throne of King David and gives it up to God His Father, so God can be all in all.
NOPE, the Second Coming indicates that His feet never touch the ground. then the Church meets Him in the Air, then that final week that Daniel speaks of Begins.

at no time does He give it up. you got it backwards, God has given Him that throne for forever.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540735 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than Judaism and Christianity, the "mystery religions" were the most influential religions in the early centuries after Christ Jesus.
It’s not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting; it’s that it has been found difficult and left untried -- especially here IMHO.

Thank you for your love,

rame
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540737 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....how can you criticize his writing if he's wearing a damn straight jacket?
....you have no mercy Anthony.
If he argues with the nuts,... then... ahhh

Never mind.

I'm just thankful for the unconditional love as taught by Jesus that true believers bring us here.

ramen :o)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540738 May 28, 2014
But when they said,“Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord.

And the Lord told him:“Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.

"Is it not the wheat harvest today? I will call to the Lord, that He may send thunder and rain.

Then you will know and see that your wickedness is great which you have done in the sight of the Lord by asking for yourselves a king."

"Of all my sons (for the Lord has given me many sons), He has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel."

Where is the Kingdom of the Lord???

the earthly throne of King David and King Solomon....

"Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father; and he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him. "

"Blessed be the Lord your God who delighted in you, setting you on His throne as king for the Lord your God; because your God loved Israel establishing them forever, therefore He made you king over THEM, to do justice and righteousness."

"So now you intend to resist the kingdom of the Lord through the sons of David, being a great multitude and having with you the golden calves which Jeroboam made for gods for you. "

Location hidden

#540739 May 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Babylon St. Peter mentions different than the one in Revelation? Did you know that he Vatican doesn't fit he description but Jerusalem does? I also noticed your typos and spelling are improved (your grammar still sucks), did they loosen up your straight jacket?
this is a forum, grammar means nothing. this typing is for a Pulitzer prize novel.lol

and no Jerusalem doesn't fit that description as I have showed numerous times.

Rome is founded on ’Seven Hills’: the Palatine, Aventine, Capitoline, Quirinale, Esquiline, Caelian, and the Viminale Hills.

while Jeerusalem sets on ridges and several hills. Mt Zion, mt olive, etc.

but one lie from the catholic church to show it is Jerusalem cant be proved. you cant see Jerusalem for the Med. Sea as you would be able to see Roma.

you just cant prove a lie. and don't look at Cincy, Ohio as being the mystery Babylon. it sets on seven hills and is chocked full of catholics.
Michael

Canada

#540740 May 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE, the Second Coming indicates that His feet never touch the ground. then the Church meets Him in the Air.
......'So this will occur in america? Probably farm country somewhere in Ohio.eh?.,..Wow! I'll be watching his feet very closely. So! If for some reason his feet do touch the ground then what?
....what church meets him in the air? There are 14,700 catholic churches in america which one?

.....I am more excited than you cowboy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540741 May 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE, the Second Coming indicates that His feet never touch the ground. then the Church meets Him in the Air, then that final week that Daniel speaks of Begins.
at no time does He give it up. you got it backwards, God has given Him that throne for forever.
You wrote:

the Second Coming indicates that His feet never touch the ground. then the Church meets Him in the Air

Correct!

Jesus has NO earthly kingdom.....

Thank you, Preston....

Jesus Christ is ruling in His kingdom, "church-people called out of the world," right now and He will do so until the second coming.
Michael

Canada

#540742 May 28, 2014
<quoted text>

I'm just thankful for the unconditional love as taught by Jesus that true believers bring us here.

ramen :o)
....right! and its good to know we will be protected from hurricanes, floods, and forest fires.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540743 May 28, 2014
<quoted text>
It’s not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting; it’s that it has been found difficult and left untried -- especially here IMHO.
Thank you for your love,
rame
The Christian affirmation concerning the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ happened to a historical person at a particular time and place has absolutely NO parallel in any pagan mystery religion.
Anthony MN

United States

#540744 May 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this is a forum, grammar means nothing. this typing is for a Pulitzer prize novel.lol
and no Jerusalem doesn't fit that description as I have showed numerous times.
Rome is founded on ’Seven Hills’: the Palatine, Aventine, Capitoline, Quirinale, Esquiline, Caelian, and the Viminale Hills.
while Jeerusalem sets on ridges and several hills. Mt Zion, mt olive, etc.
but one lie from the catholic church to show it is Jerusalem cant be proved. you cant see Jerusalem for the Med. Sea as you would be able to see Roma.
you just cant prove a lie. and don't look at Cincy, Ohio as being the mystery Babylon. it sets on seven hills and is chocked full of catholics.
Why did you avoid answering my question; Is the Babylon mentioned by St. Peter the same as in Revelation?

If Rome is Babylon, which it could be, it obviously refers to pagan Rome, not the Vatican.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540745 May 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, we're just having a conversation. it has nothing to do with you not believing in the supposed savior, but your hypocritical statements of how Christians know the truth, when your post speak of you knowing truth. stop it! hahaha!
All people that take their religious doctrines to heart as being based on truth, believe that what they have been taught IS based on absolute truth.

You want me to believe and side with you in your assumption that only your belief is based on absolute truth ... and that is NOT going to happen.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540746 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
the Second Coming indicates that His feet never touch the ground. then the Church meets Him in the Air
Correct!
Thank you, Preston....
Jesus Christ is ruling in His kingdom, "church-people called out of the world," right now and He will do so until the second coming.
Other people in other religions believe that your religion is based on assumption and false teachings and that theirs is based on fact and truth.

It's funny how religion works its magic from all different angles depending on who is telling the fables.

Location hidden

#540747 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Correct!
Thank you, Preston....
not now He doesn't as he said, His kingdom is not of this world.

that changes after the seven years.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540748 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Cowboy,
....... June an atheist the most popular poster on this christian forum, and you Presto, a preacher, an apostle, a desciple, and only Sherlayne cares that you are here.
....very sad.
Actually I suggest that I'm the most unpopular poster on the forum. I just write more posts than most others.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#540749 May 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you avoid answering my question; Is the Babylon mentioned by St. Peter the same as in Revelation?
If Rome is Babylon, which it could be, it obviously refers to pagan Rome, not the Vatican.
The Vatican (Church ) is the W#0re of Babylon. Drunk on the blood of Saints and Prophets.

Location hidden

#540750 May 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, that is the teaching of your church. however we know that this is a lie. since the devil wasn't caught and thrown into that pit.

try again.lol.

now to the first part. if Peter says he is writing from Babylon, then he of all people ought to know where his feet walk and where he lays his head. Peter was sent to the Jews, there were many Jews at Babylon until they were kicked out in the year 1948 and afterwards.

now your church wishes to say it is Babylon(that he wrote from), yet just as you did, try and change that city that sets on seven hills with its false religion and its relatives, and confer that on to Jerusalem, a city that cant be seen from the Sea.lol

Location hidden

#540751 May 28, 2014
it is strange that catholics want to take the words of Jesus literal when He speaks of the bread being His body, yet when Peter says he is writing from Babylon, they refuse to believe that his words and location are literal
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540752 May 28, 2014
To those who indulge in their own religious fantasies, the word Atheist is EVIL.

Yet Atheists were not the ones to use supposed holy literature to in turn claim that gods commanded the brutal behavior of others.

The Atheists that were brutal didn't hide their intentions in scriptures of ANY supposed holy books. They were honest about their desires to have others tortured and killed.

Religion has nothing of which to be proud. NOTHING!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tellthetruth 992,263
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Bongo 52,709
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 31 min Holy Pipek 39
shuh up meathead! 56 min Laughing Out Loud... 2
Trump Is Playing Mr. Grinch with Renewable Energy 1 hr Poster Child for ... 18
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr austin5410 31
Poll Have you ever secretly sniffed a woman's panties (Apr '09) 2 hr alexro 31
More from around the web