Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540708 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Claypool.....
......Don't you believe the same thing about protestants? You are always telling them they have only half truths and aren't equal to you.
Isn't it amazing how they claim to have the same god and the same savior ... yet they felt through history that they couldn't bear to share the love from the father and son? And they are still stuck in the same mindset.

FEAR of not being loved is what motivates them. "If Jesus and God love you, and you don't agree with my doctrines, that means that they don't love me. So I have to make sure that everyone KNOWS that MY doctrines are the only ones based on truth."

They preach love, while they live in total FEAR of not BEING loved.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540709 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Look here foolish mortal. You're in no better shape than the Catholics are.
In due season, IN THE MILLENIUM they will realize the error of their ways and will come to God in sincerety as will people of all false religions including the false one that you follow. Lets hope that you too will see the light. Till then God has blinded certain people and you can count yourself among the blind while you're trying to correct the Catholics.
Remove that mote from your own eyes. Kay?
At Jesus' coming, all men will be judged and eternally rewarded.

There is no room for 1000 years between Jesus' coming and the judgment.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540710 May 28, 2014
Muslims have PROOF.

In the Koran, the earth is described as being oval shaped -- shaped like an egg.

Not so long ago, scientists were able to measure the earth's shape within a few inches.

As expected, it was discovered that instead of being perfectly round, the earth is actually slightly wider near the equator. This is due to the centrifugal force of the earth's rotation.

No matter, the Muslim world was ecstatic with joy. Science had "proven" that the earth was not perfectly round and the Koran was correct.

Never mind that the earth is more perfectly round than a ping-pong ball, those few inches "proved" that the Koran was correct (egg-shaped).

Such is the nature of the human mind and religious delusions.

ramen
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540711 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> We'll just consider this issue about wine another of the MANY,MANY ,MANY Bible lessons that eludes you. Kay? No pint is my casting my pearls before swine so to speak. Especially with someone that thinks it's a sin to have a bank account or save money,lol. Even someone with so much as a bird brain wouldn't listen to anything that comes out of your mouth. But you keep studying and we'll pray that eventually if you study Gods word long enough you just might get at least one Bible topic right.
Till and when that happens,I'll be the teacher and you continue to learn from me,KAY?
I know you really want to be a deeper Bible studen than what you have demonstrated here but you have a very long way to go my friend.
Spin and twist, Tony....

Is that all you have???

It is not looking good for you!!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540712 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in high school I liked all the bad girls, and I liked much of the music/singers from the 60s. All hell material.
Maybe when I die it might be time for a re-union.
Religion was set-up to make devotees detest life on earth. Otherwise theologians couldn't have a reason to preach that life in the spirit world would be euphoric ONLY if you follow the will of the gods while you are on earth.

"The body is evil, sex is evil, except for procreation, thoughts of pleasure of any type except worshipping the gods was taught as evil.

People went insane and committed suicide ... probably in the belief that the devil owned their "souls" anyway, so they might as well give him his due.

What a shame!!!
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540713 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in high school I liked all the bad girls, and I liked much of the music/singers from the 60s. All hell material.
Maybe when I die it might be time for a re-union.
Maybe at the time you wish you were sinning, but thanks to Jesus, you were!

According to the Bible, Jesus said that just thinking about those bad girls is a sin.

Today, we know that most young men "sin" every ten seconds or so.

See!! I'll bet that while reading this post, you are sinning even more. Shame on you!!

ramen
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540714 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
2 outta 3 aint bad at all!!
Seeing you do better than me with your prayers being answered, I will give you a list of 10 things I want, or things I want to change and you can pray for me.
If your average stays consistant at 66% I am sure I will be happy with the results.
Too bad for the limbless people, all that praying with Zero results.
That's nothing.

I'm 100% on preventing hurricanes in the northern hemisphere in February.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540715 May 28, 2014
Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that pleasure was evil. I was thankful for my body that kept me on earth.

Now that I'm out of religion, because I try my best (as I did when I was in religion) to treat others in a fair manner, I am at peace within.

I relate to the following poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

My will is easy to decide
For there is nothing to divide
My kin don’t need to fuss and moan
Moss does not cling to a rolling stone.
My body?– Oh – if I could choose
I would to ashes it reduce
And let the merry breezes blow
My dust to where some flowers grow
Perhaps some fading flower then
Would come to life and bloom again
This is my Last and final Will

Good Luck to All of you Joe Hill
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540716 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin and twist, Tony....
Is that all you have???
It is not looking good for you!!!!!!
It’s not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting; it’s that it has been found difficult and left untried.

Except for by me.

peace and love,

ramen
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540717 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Look here foolish mortal. You're in no better shape than the Catholics are.
In due season, IN THE MILLENIUM they will realize the error of their ways and will come to God in sincerety as will people of all false religions including the false one that you follow. Lets hope that you too will see the light. Till then God has blinded certain people and you can count yourself among the blind while you're trying to correct the Catholics.
Remove that mote from your own eyes. Kay?
The flaws of premillennialism are too many to name but I will just give you this one....

It makes Jesus a KING on an earthly throne......He avoided the people that were trying to make Him a king....

Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540718 May 28, 2014
The court documents read like the plot of an irresistible reality TV show — about senior citizens.

The drama that has unfolded at Abbotsford’s Carlisle condominium complex during the last four years involves allegations of egg-throwing, scooter-tampering and prank phone calls (not to mention a hallway brawl and an alleged extra-marital affair).

At one point the dispute became so out of hand, a B.C. provincial court judge who was asked to rule on three civil lawsuits said he expected to find “emotional children who have not yet learned the basic tenets of acting civilly towards each other, not senior citizens.”

The Carlisle case is among hundreds of disputes involving condo owners wending their way through the B.C. court system.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/throw...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540719 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes Jesus a KING on an earthly throne
Not according to all those in other religions that place high value on only their own saviors and claim that Jesus is a hoax.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#540720 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't start fighting over space in hell. Try to share just this one time. Half of hell for the Catholics and half of hell for the Protestants.
Jesus will probably spend eternity in Judaism's Gehenna for abandoning the Jews.
And I believe it will be his JUST reward.
tongue in cheek
just give us a hint as to which side you are going to be on, no one wants to be there. a great incentive to miss it.

Location hidden

#540721 May 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'Bible only, sola scripturist' is telling another Bible only sola scripturist they are going to hell because their interpretations are not the same as theirs.
Who are you?
keep up!!!!!

tony is a queer, and loves being a queer, contrary to the Word of God.

at least if you wish to attack me, take the high road, not the gutter

Location hidden

#540722 May 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaws of premillennialism are too many to name but I will just give you this one....
It makes Jesus a KING on an earthly throne......He avoided the people that were trying to make Him a king....
Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.
I give up on you.

Jesus comes back for the Born Again Christians, not those who just get wet in water(so I can understand why you don't support this doctrine)such as the campbellite and other cults.

then the ONLY Church will be Saved from His wrath, when all nations come against Israel, led by the rcc and the muslims.

after the seven Years are up, and all of His enemies are destroyed, then Jesus sets up His reign on the earth.

now that is correct teachings and Biblical, and nothing that your church (which believes and teaches lies) can change them.
Michael

Canada

#540723 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion was set-up to make devotees detest life on earth. Otherwise theologians couldn't have a reason to preach that life in the spirit world would be euphoric ONLY if you follow the will of the gods while you are on earth..
What a shame!!!
...They never talk about how good this life is. Its as if this life is just a dismal holding tank, and dying sooner, rather than later is what they yearn for.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540724 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When we refer to two advents or comings mof our Lord Jesus Christ,this verse prophesied the first advent. This happened just prior to His crucifixion on Palm sunday (MATTHEW 21:1-9). Records in detail Christ's entry into Jerusalem and verse 5 fulfills this prophecy.
In Christ's first coming He did not come as King of Kings riding on a great white horse. When Jesus entered Jerusalem it was on a colt, the foal of an ass. That is a donkey that has never been ridden before. Zechariah 9:10 tells of Christ's SECOND COMING. Christ will reign over all the earth.
Tony, Tony, Tony..........

Jesus cannot sit on King David's throne on earth

"Is this man Coniah a despised, shattered jar? Or is he an undesirable vessel? Why have he and his descendants been hurled out And cast into a land that they had not known? "O land, land, land, Hear the word of the LORD! "Thus says the LORD,'Write this man down childless, A man who will not prosper in his days; For no man of his descendants will prosper Sitting on the throne of David Or ruling again in Judah.' "

Jeremiah prophesied that NO descendant of Jeconiah (Coniah) can EVER sit on the throne of King David in Judah.

Jesus Christ is a literal descendant of Coniah.....what does that prove???

It proves the throne of King David is forever in HEAVEN and NOT on earth.
Michael

Canada

#540725 May 28, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe at the time you wish you were sinning, but thanks to Jesus, you were!
According to the Bible, Jesus said that just thinking about those bad girls is a sin.
Today, we know that most young men "sin" every ten seconds or so.
See!! I'll bet that while reading this post, you are sinning even more. Shame on you!!
ramen
......I still think of those bad girls, just as my wife probably dreams of the bad boys she knew back in the day........ In reality those girls are all probably 275 pound behemoths wearing tight spandex pants. Oh well I still have my memories.
Michael

Canada

#540726 May 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just give us a hint as to which side you are going to be on, no one wants to be there. a great incentive to miss it.
...Cowboy,

....... June an atheist the most popular poster on this christian forum, and you Presto, a preacher, an apostle, a desciple, and only Sherlayne cares that you are here.

....very sad.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540727 May 28, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting; it’s that it has been found difficult and left untried.
Except for by me.
peace and love,
ramen
Other than Judaism and Christianity, the "mystery religions" were the most influential religions in the early centuries after Christ Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 20 min Alt right scm watch 27,021
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 56 min Tony 6,455
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 6 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 6 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 7 hr juliakk 9
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 8 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web