Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#540652 May 27, 2014
God promise to Abraham;'as send on earth will be inhabitant all around world'.
Holy scripture have word infinite, you liked close yourself where?!
truth

Perth, Australia

#540653 May 27, 2014
You liked close yourself where?!..Jesus say;'I come fulfill law too!'
Are you for sure God not left law in space and time?

How long ..how long my God..how long i need wait my God?
Did you say like that?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#540654 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
FIBBER!!!
Why are you a Catholic rather than being faithful to Judaism as would Jesus had he lived???
Naughty Naughty FIBBER!
Why do you believe there is a hell if the god of your nightmares doesn't turn his back on anyone?
Naughty Naughty FIBBER!!!
Rejecting souls to hell IS turning his back on the souls that he created.
He's a very naughty god. Not worth of any investment whatsoever.
:)
AGAIN!!.....God doesn't turn HIS back on "anyone" ----anyone who abides in him, remains with him,endures to the end with him, accepts him, and remains steadfast and faithful to him .......If you choose to reject him, deny him, refuse to accept him, and to cast him out, then you are placing yourself in a situation where "you-yourself" are (choosing hell) by your own rebelliousness, defiance and arrogance!!!!------the final,judge - being Almighty God Himself
oops

United States

#540655 May 28, 2014
Michael

Canada

#540656 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Let me just throw this out there. In Islam male members that are killed say they will get 72 virgins. Now if I change my religion to Islam and I'm killed in service to Allah,do I as a gay man get 72 men,LOL?
...maybe that's why Islam is growing so quickly.

....every religion has their carrot on a string.

.... Christianity you MUST be "saved" or else!! dogma, to be waved through the perley gates, regardless how bad you lived your life, and if you are an atheist who did good deeds all their life is told he will spend eternity burning in a place called hell. WACKY. THEOLOGY!!!

.....take your pick.
Michael

Canada

#540657 May 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN!!.....God doesn't turn HIS back on "anyone" ----anyone who abides in him, remains with him,endures to the end with him, accepts him, and remains steadfast and faithful to him .------(the final,judge - being Almighty God Himself
....If the 42,001 protestant groups accept Jesus like you do, and God loves them just as equal as you, why do you insult them in Every post and tell them they have only half truths?.........then you post almighty god is the judge, but your the one judging them. Phoney judgemental hypocrite!

Wacky theology!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540658 May 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN!!.....God doesn't turn HIS back on "anyone"
Then why are you a Catholic rather than a Protestant ... you FIBBER???

You left your Protestant cult because you were certain that "God" would turn his back on Protestants, while he would favor Catholics.

You've been seduced by your own lies for such a long time, that you can't recognize them as BEING lies.
Michael

Canada

#540659 May 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thanks be unto God that you will never be able to tell us who is with you in hell.
of course we hate to see that happen to you or anyone else, but you think that you are a teacher of His Word, yet aint got enough sense to flee from the wrath to come(for you)
....Hojo says almighty god does the judging. I was taught that to. Seems like you have jumped the gun and already prejudged yourself. That's not good.

...Why don't you look at Islam? 72 gorgeous virgins could be waiting for you in paradise.

Prince George, Canada

#540660 May 28, 2014
When Catholics came on the religious scene, they mocked the supposed god that they professed to worship.

They stated flat out that the god broke his covenant with the Jews because the Jews were filthy liars and betrayers of the God's HOLY will.

They no-doubt thought that they were flattering the god for having better taste than to love the filthy, lying Jews, when the god could do far better by loving only the Catholics. But to claim that the god broke his promise to the Jews set a precedent of alert to all following believers that the god was not one bit trustworthy.

For instance ... we all comprehend that a god that vowed to love only rabbits as his chosen favorites would not then abandon the rabbits to in turn love only the coyotes that he was fully aware would torture and kill the rabbits ... "unless" ... the god was a REAL shyster!

The Catholics messed up the religion for the Jews, but by so doing, they messed their own religion up ... BIG TIME.

Had they been fair to the Jews, the Catholics would have created their own image of a god ... which then would have set a precedent for the Gnostic Christians, the Muslims, and the Protestants to also create their own gods and not kill each other over who the one god loves and who he will reject to hell.

Trying to steal the "spiritual" emotions of the god became a bad habit with all of you religious vultures.

"HE loves ME!"

"NO HE DOESN'T ... HE loves ME!!!"

Shame on all of you!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#540661 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You left your Protestant cult because you were certain that "God" would turn his back on Protestants, while he would favor Catholics.
You've been seduced by your own lies for such a long time, that you can't recognize them as BEING lies.
Starting early ain't you? Good Morning my favorite atheist :)

Prince George, Canada

#540662 May 28, 2014
The term Gnostic-Christian is also misleading, because they were also split into many right-fighting groups that had totally different systems of belief.

As we can see by the following, some of them did try to create the illusion of having their own god apart from the god of the Jews that they slandered as being evil and arrogant.

They all played their tricks on each other and at the same time wanted to convince others that their SPIRITS were aligned to divine holy essence ... the word "Gnostic" meaning "I have knowledge that you other dumb humans don't have!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...

Prince George, Canada

#540663 May 28, 2014
I don't know who wrote the following sentiments, but I believe the person was referring to religious preachers.

It goes something like the following ... "If someone comes to you telling you that they know truth, you best go in the other direction."

Prince George, Canada

#540664 May 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Starting early ain't you? Good Morning my favorite atheist :)
Good morning pusherman!

Yes, I am starting early. I have a lot on my agenda. Along with outside activities I'm trying to make a success of a water-color painting. Right now there doesn't seem much hope for it ... but sometimes what appears hopeless turns out to be just the opposite. At least that has been my experience.

Patience is not a virtue from my perspective. It's simply stubborn will that makes me refuse to give up. "This is going to succeed, if I have to die trying!"

hojo

Waconia, MN

#540665 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "always" said that Protestants are ( our Christian brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ)!...-----please write it down so that you will no longer distort the truth -------Unfrotunately (they as bible only Protestants don't see Catholics in the same way!!--- and yes, I was brought up and raised) as a Protestant to attack, condemn and label Catholics as non-Christians and as a cultish religion!!!-----(speaking of being indoctrinated by lies--yes!!!----this bible only Protestants teaching is the biggest scandal that has ever been spread since the Reformation !!! Why did I become a Catholic ????---Because Almoghty God led me to the biblical TRUTH of the " fullness of the faith, the fullness of tha Truth and the overfunding completeness of a Gods Grace ---ONLY--in and through 2000 years of His historical and biblically TRUE and PROVEN to be TRUE One True Apostolic Catholic Church(he Bride of Christ)

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#540666 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that this is the type of FEAR that started religion. The gods were ANGRY and it had to be because humans were spiritually EVIL.
IMAGINE ... a thunder god that could kill GIANTS!!! Now THAT is heavy stuff for any imagination to digest.
They didn't know any better.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
“Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following
Of all the thunder gods of mythology, perhaps the best known is Thor, the Norse god, son of Odin, whose magical hammer was guaranteed to come back whenever it was thrown—much like a boomerang. This hammer, for which he needed a pair of iron gloves, was capable of causing thunderclaps as well as killing giants.
Just so you know June, thunder is in fact capable of killing giants once one understands what thunder really is. Thunder is far more than just noise dear. Lightening is the creator of the misunderstood noise. Thunder is the noise you insist upon bitching about, but it has no real power of it's own.
The irony of that is; you bitch about the thunder but do not say that lightening does not exist, and the noise is all in your head.

thunder = religion
lightening = spirit

Funny how you can "get it" that there is something behind the noise when it comes to thunder and lightening, but totally and completely ignore that there is also something behind all the noise of religions.

Is an echo real noise too?

Prince George, Canada

#540667 May 28, 2014
In very ancient times the people, including the forerunners of the Jews known as Hebrews could create any number of gods that they needed to love them and to in turn hate others.

They could even dismiss their gods off their agendas completely ... and those in other groups understood the mental patterns of the believers, because they were believing the same.

This god was put to death for some reason or other. Maybe they figured he became to old and need an eternal sleep.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Odin death of the god

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Even if Odin himself is gone for ever, his sons return, namely Vidar and Vali, and two of his brothers, Vili and Ve, whose names were quoted in the description of the way the world began.

Page 398

Prince George, Canada

#540668 May 28, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know June, thunder is in fact capable of killing giants once one understands what thunder really is. Thunder is far more than just noise dear. Lightening is the creator of the misunderstood noise. Thunder is the noise you insist upon bitching about, but it has no real power of it's own.
The irony of that is; you bitch about the thunder but do not say that lightening does not exist, and the noise is all in your head.
thunder = religion
lightening = spirit
Funny how you can "get it" that there is something behind the noise when it comes to thunder and lightening, but totally and completely ignore that there is also something behind all the noise of religions.
Is an echo real noise too?
I comprehend that you believe your "spirit" is full to the brim of "knowledge" that you received from your contacts that in turn know the source of divine truth.

However, I don't believe you!

Prince George, Canada

#540669 May 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "always" said that Protestants are ( our Christian brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ
But you make it plain that Catholics such as you know truth from the god and Protestants are misguided and lost.

You can't now talk your self out of what you posted for so long as you looked down from your Catholic pedestal at the Protestants as being your brothers and sisters in "Christ" that need your Catholic counsel to make them WHOLE ... as you perceive is your divine position.

I perceive that as are all religious preachers ... you are full of the hot air of illusion.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540670 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......Every year millions of Christians head to Lourdes or Fatima dip into the holy water to have their prayers answered. On the way out are thousands of looking around smirking people who have discarded their no longer needed canes, and crutches.,."look at me now they say!".......but not one person missing a limb or two is smiling when they leave and the former cane/crutches people say too bad for you,...Why? Why are the limbless peoples prayers NEVER answered no matter how hard they pray?........if you sort through the thousands of canes/crutches you will not find one discarded prosthesis. Why?
....If your missing a leg, arm, finger and pray everyday to have them grow back your wasting your time. For some unknown reason (its a mystery) God ONLY answers prayers for people who have hidden body ailments, or body parts that don't need replacement.
....That's not fair! Why would an all loving God discriminate against limbless people? All the time!
...because praying is a waste of time.
So you say.

I prayed for Seattle to win the Superbowl and bingo. BIG victory.

I prayed that the tornado wouldn't hit my house and bingo - it wiped out 6 houses down the street, but not mine.

I prayed that last week, Jesus would heal all the little children in the world of cancer, but that didn't happen.

So 2 out of 3 of my prayers were answered.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#540671 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning pusherman!
Yes, I am starting early. I have a lot on my agenda. Along with outside activities I'm trying to make a success of a water-color painting. Right now there doesn't seem much hope for it ... but sometimes what appears hopeless turns out to be just the opposite. At least that has been my experience.
Patience is not a virtue from my perspective. It's simply stubborn will that makes me refuse to give up. "This is going to succeed, if I have to die trying!"
Thank you June and I hope your painting turns out well. Painting can be quite spiritual huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Atheist Buster 48,342
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 10 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,023
Gay Skype 12 min idkyuallgaggin 1
Dom/Sub curious? (Jun '13) 31 min Nikki 38
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Journey 971,616
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 1 hr mana92mo 11,533
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr DENG 38,748
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web