Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540314 May 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
June is busy posting ever thing she thinks is wrong with the Catholic Church.
GEE WHIZ ... I guess you didn't notice that I put down Martin Luther, Joseph Smith, Judaism, Islam and all other religions as bragging of knowing truth.

But you can't help it. As was and is ROBERT ... you are trained to defend ONLY the Catholic religion.
StarC

United States

#540315 May 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Oh and the,gospels and,letters,were,written as,spiritual food and,inspiration for the believers...NIT for the Mass.. they may be read,often in all Christian services...as,messages,...
They do not say anything about I'm writing this,For the Catholic Church Mass,..
Well, you'll have to read all of Acts, the mass was held in secret b/c of persecution. There were no Bibles in circulation (yet). The mass was the only way that Christians could hear the Word. It was only at Mass!

So if you were of that time, you would be wonder the streets looking for a bible at a time when there were none.

Be thankful the Catholics kept The Word alive for you protestants......and gave you the Bible!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#540316 May 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina
It does have some roots there, but Preston(at least I think), believes Jesus is one person, and not distinctly two....
And a Happy Memorial Day to you. I will be going to a service in about 3 hours by the veterans, for us and the community....
Got to go now.
you think?

an oxymoron to say the least.

just how could I receive the holy Ghost as I just stated in fact, if I was Jesus only, a fringe Pentecostal movement to say the least.

Robert, you are not very intelligent even tho you try and come off as an intellectual(and fail).

and while there tell them how you fought the Vietcong on every song in country.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#540317 May 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because you are to busy ripping on the Catholic Church! That takes up all your time. June is busy posting ever thing she thinks is wrong with the Catholic Church.
When you rip on Catholics that's arguing!
So yes you do argue too.
How can you enjoy your life when you are on here 24/7 ??
(LOL). If many of the leaders of your church were law abiding citizens there would be nothing to report.

....read you own posts about non catholics. You are a bigoted hateful person. Do you want me to repost your last 20 posts to non catholics?

...your church...scandal after scandal and you deny them all.

Unbelievable!

Prince George, Canada

#540318 May 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I'm sure,Arabs and Jews,lived in the land
Actually it was an English mandate...many neighboring countries sent in people to so called colonize BEFORE they declared violence against the,JEWS to whom Israel was,given BACK as,her homeland... Libya 's, Syrians etc.. sent to stake a claim..
They almost successes in driving the,Jews out, obviously despite the horrid odds, something bigger was going on..I call it Gods plan..but we know you don't agree.
The Jews did not have any set homeland before 1948, when for the FIRST time Israel became owned by the Jews.

I've pointed that out to you many times but your bible has mislead you to believe that the Jews came from Israel and must go back to Israel, and that stubborn attitude of yours points to your stupidity.

You totally ignore what the word Israel REALLY meant and means to the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

1. Israel ... Judaism The Hebrew people, past, present, and future, regarded as the chosen people of God by virtue of the covenant of Jacob.

https://www.google.ca/#q=israel+definition

Location hidden

#540319 May 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious that they would have the CONCEPT of embryo back in the,Prophets,day. Around 600??
We,barely knew,of it in the twentieth century
you are correct, they knew nothing of that description. which is why the Bible declares that in the [last days] knowledge will be increased.

look at what the Writer prophesied,{a body has thou prepared for me}, A BODY NOT A SEED, BUT CATHOLICS IN GENERAL ARE NOT ABLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES OR THEY WOULDNT BE CATHOLICS.

when a person begins to think for themselves, they leave that system a s YOU did.

If an egg from mary was used and fertilized, then Jesus would be half man and half God. an impossibility. therefor the ONLY alternative is that God placed that body(embryo) in her womb, which makes mary a surrogate mom
StarC

United States

#540320 May 26, 2014
Have a great day off to
riverside national cemetery. <3

Thanks to all vets!

Prince George, Canada

#540321 May 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious that they would have the CONCEPT of embryo back in the,Prophets,day. Around 600??
We,barely knew,of it in the twentieth century
The word embryo never existed until abortion became legal in law. They had to create a different word than baby ... as baby means murder "in law" and embryo does not mean murder.

When Planned Parenthood started, they referred to the word baby, and claimed that the baby was being murdered by abortion. But now they use the terminology embryo and personhood. A fetus or an embryo is not considered a living, breathing "person.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Planned Parenthood - in Their Own Words
• "One sperm plus one egg = one baby."
•-- Planned Parenthood/World Population pamphlet entitled
"ABCs of Birth Control," 1973, page 4.
• "An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health."
•-- Planned Parenthood 'Plan Your Children' pamphlet,
• "Abortion is the taking of a life."

Prince George, Canada

#540322 May 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct, they knew nothing of that description. which is why the Bible declares that in the [last days] knowledge will be increased.
So does that mean that humans will become wiser than the information that was originally written IN the bible???

You are an idiot in god-garb.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#540323 May 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL). If many of the leaders of your church were law abiding citizens there would be nothing to report.
....read you own posts about non catholics. You are a bigoted hateful person. Do you want me to repost your last 20 posts to non catholics?
Unbelievable!
Cite one post where any Catholic has ever denied wrongdoing by Church clergy.

Prince George, Canada

#540324 May 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!
They are all trained to protect only their own religions. It's the basic nature of all religious cults.

"You can criticize other religions and I will help you in that regard ... but don't criticize MY religion, or you will find out what the word "FIGHT" really means!!!"

Location hidden

#540325 May 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that mean that humans will become wiser than the information that was originally written IN the bible???
You are an idiot in god-garb.
it means that they will understand what was written better. however we have always had idiots and dummies around, that will not change.

just look at you and Robert. and you can easily understand which of you is the idiot and which is a dummy. and I can give you a clue, it is easy to see the strings that pull Roberts chain.

guess that leaves you as the board idiot.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#540326 May 26, 2014
Another opinion from a prominent protestant writer who preston the Apostle calls an idiot;

Question: "What language did Jesus speak?"

Answer: While Jesus very likely spoke Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek, Aramaic was likely the language Jesus spoke the most. The Gospels record Jesus speaking numerous Aramaic words: talitha koum (Mark 5:41); ephphatha (Mark 7:34); eloi eloi lama sabachthani (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34); abba (Mark 14:36). Historians, archaeologists, and cultural anthropologists are almost universally agreed that Aramaic was the common or colloquial language in Israel during Jesus’ time. Aramaic was very similar to Hebrew, but with many words and phrases that were borrowed from other languages and cultures, especially Babylonian.

Hebrew was spoken primarily by the scribes, teachers of the law, Pharisees, and Sadducees, the “religious elite.” Hebrew was likely often read in the synagogues, so most people were probably able to speak and understand some Hebrew. Since Greek was the language of the Romans, who had power over Israel during Jesus’ time, Greek was the language of the political class and anyone who wanted to do business with the Romans. Greek was the universal language at that time, so, the ability to speak Greek was a highly desirable skill. Some, however, refused to speak Greek out of resentment toward their Roman oppressors. When Jesus spoke with Pontius Pilate, it is possible that He spoke to him in Greek, although Pilate, as the governor, likely would have been able to speak Aramaic as well.

Jesus, as God incarnated in human form, could have spoken any language He chose. In His humanity, Jesus likely limited Himself to the languages common to His culture: Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek. Jesus likely spoke whichever of the three languages was most appropriate to the audience He was addressing.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/language-Jesus-sp...

Prince George, Canada

#540327 May 26, 2014
As the so-called "heretics" killed each other, I suggest they didn't mind spilling the blood, as they were certain that the blood they spilled was evil, rather than holy.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Imagine ... Protestants killing other Protestants as heretics.

That's the nature of the human beast.

"I am right, and you are wrong!"

Location hidden

#540328 May 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..What the posters say about you is true. I can't believe your wife hasn't caught on yet to your nonsense.
just what do your words have in common with the discussion that the dope and the Israeli Leader had about the language spoke?

you are always interjecting, and it makes no difference as to who you wish to attack.

and for that reason, you are a waste of broadband width

Location hidden

#540329 May 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Another opinion from a prominent protestant writer who preston the Apostle calls an idiot;
got questions is not a reliable source. they give their opinion yet are seldom right.

Look closely.

Jesus was a jew. Jews speak Hebrew, Jesus is God. He can and does speak many Languages. in fact, many Jews back then also spoke Greek, he also as I have said, spoke syriac, aform of Aramiac, which Hebrew is in that groups also.

the dope tried to tell a jew just what Jesus spoke. lol

we (I) could say more about this but you know even less that oxbore does, which is nothing.

Location hidden

#540330 May 26, 2014

that was funny, it even made me laugh at his audacity as well as his ignorance.

no wonder all of your priests are drunks or queers
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#540331 May 26, 2014
Israeli linguistics professor Ghil'ad Zuckermann told Reuters that both Netanyahu, son of a distinguished Jewish historian, and the pope, the spiritual leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics, had a point.

"Jesus was a native Aramaic speaker," he said about the largely defunct Semitic language closely related to Hebrew. "But he would have also known Hebrew because there were extant religious writings in Hebrew."

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-netanyahu-spar-ove...

Location hidden

#540332 May 26, 2014
here is a person who gave a review of got questions.

MANY ANSWERS ARE WRONG
By gravatar Scarlett (New User)- on Sep 13, 2010 - 11:21 | report

they are not Bible experts. their answers leave a lot to be desired.

I sometimes read their opinions, but I don't base my Faith on what someone else says.

my knowledge comes from God and supersedes that of those people.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#540333 May 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
that was funny, it even made me laugh at his audacity as well as his ignorance.
no wonder all of your priests are drunks or queers
You keep digging deeper and deeper into your hole. I've heard the reason psychopaths love banging their head against walls is because is feels so good when they stop.

Israeli linguistics professor Ghil'ad Zuckermann told Reuters that both Netanyahu, son of a distinguished Jewish historian, and the pope, the spiritual leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics, had a point.

"Jesus was a native Aramaic speaker," he said about the largely defunct Semitic language closely related to Hebrew. "But he would have also known Hebrew because there were extant religious writings in Hebrew."

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-netanyahu-spar-ove...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min Freebird USA 9,317
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min Classic 2,261
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min karvinman 176,528
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min dollarsbill 3,390
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Happy Lesbo 828,386
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 17 min Happy Lesbo 70,144
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Porkpie Hat 270,657
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min Oxidant 442,862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr karvimaker 611,843
More from around the web