Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703585 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540693 May 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>If you want it all, cancer free, no deaths, I suggest you accept Jesus as your personal savior instead of whining online.
OK, since you accept Jesus as god, then YOU pray today that Jesus cures all children with cancer.

Tomorrow, we'll see if all things are possible as your Bible teaches.

If not, then just keep praying your selfish "I want, I want, I want" prayers.

BTW, I don't feel the love that Jesus commands of you.

Don't you believe? Or is your belief selective and conditional on what you want for yourself?

peace and love to all pretend Xians,

ramen
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540694 May 28, 2014
Anyone here believe in Jesus?

Anyone here follow what Jesus described as his "most important teaching?'

Let the rationalizations begin.

ramen
Michael

Canada

#540695 May 28, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say.
I prayed for Seattle to win the Superbowl and bingo. BIG victory.
I prayed that the tornado wouldn't hit my house and bingo - it wiped out 6 houses down the street, but not mine.
I prayed that last week, Jesus would heal all the little children in the world of cancer, but that didn't happen.
So 2 out of 3 of my prayers were answered.
2 outta 3 aint bad at all!!

Seeing you do better than me with your prayers being answered, I will give you a list of 10 things I want, or things I want to change and you can pray for me.

If your average stays consistant at 66% I am sure I will be happy with the results.

Too bad for the limbless people, all that praying with Zero results.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540696 May 28, 2014
Why did George Bernard Shaw called the Bible the most dangerous book on theEarth !!!?

THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK ON
EARTH “(the Bible), KEEP IT UNDER LOCK AND KEY.”
Keep the Bible out of your children’s reach.

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#540697 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You call it spiritual because you are religious.
I call it emotional because I am no longer religious.
I am not religious June, but as you wish. Personality is spirit June, and emotions are of that spirit..June it's Okay to admit that you get an spiritual lift by painting. Most atheist are ex-christian and I am sure the .0001% of atheist will forgive you for saying so.. you're welcome :) Gosh, you make me wish I was 80..
Michael

Canada

#540698 May 28, 2014
<quoted text>
OK, since you accept Jesus as god, then YOU pray today that Jesus cures all children with cancer.
Tomorrow, we'll see if all things are possible as your Bible teaches.
If not, then just keep praying your selfish "I want, I want, I want" prayers.
BTW, I don't feel the love that Jesus commands of you.
Don't you believe? Or is your belief selective and conditional on what you want for yourself?
ramen
Every day billions of prayers are beamed to God and all the saints requesting God change the things they want changed.

Problem is God has a divine plan. A plan he figured out at the beginning of time. God knows when every sparrow dies and every tear that is shed. Whats the point in praying for God to change something if he has this divine plan in place already that everything is pre-determined.

Most people pray to God on sunday. Gods day off. Not very nice is it.(lol)

Location hidden

#540699 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some of these new-age "spirits" are very haughty in their quest to be leaders of their own flocks.
I suggest you don't trust them.
Stripped naked, they are simply mortal animals making a whole lot of fuss about their own supposed "knowledge."
As Opposed to you whom thinks they speak the truth of knowing. I SUGGEST that you're just as full of shyt as any die hard religious junky!
Michael

Canada

#540700 May 28, 2014
Pope Francis has hinted as did the two previous popes that the door is open for optional celebacy at some point in the future.

Now if the priests get their way, what about the nuns? Shouldn't they be treated the same? A loving husband for each nun with dozens of unruly kids running around the convents. Their young girls dressing up like their moms in little habits.

I know the nuns are brides of Christ all of them brides!. But if that is only a rule and not a doctrine that too can be changed.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540701 May 28, 2014
<quoted text>
ramen
PLEASE ... don't suggest that they become REAL Christians or they might follow the lead of those such as the popes, Martin Luther, John Calvin or Cotton Mather and want AGAIN to start killing each other as being evil heretics lead by a devil.

Religion has a dreadful fear-filled, blood-lusting history!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

“Ah, children, be afraid of going prayerless to bed, lest the Devil be your bedfellow.”

Cotton Mather
Michael

Canada

#540702 May 28, 2014
......General Motors and the Catholic Church have much in common. Both were good at coverups. GM had defective parts, the church defective priests/bishops, and the end result is BILLIONS $$$ in lawsuits.

Oh well! the cost of doing business.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540703 May 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> As Opposed to you whom thinks they speak the truth of knowing. I SUGGEST that you're just as full of shyt as any die hard religious junky!
Do you see how you started out this morning giving me your best wishes ... and how because I don't believe in your supposed savior, you become nasty?

That is what drove people to kill each other as heretics.

You want me to believe that you are special to Jesus ... however you also want me to believe that none of the saviors in other religions exist.

That is the game played by the religious "contenders."

"My savior is REAL and your made-up savior is false."

Michael

Canada

#540704 May 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'Bible only, sola scripturist' is telling another Bible only sola scripturist they are going to hell because their interpretations are not the same as theirs.
Who are you?
Claypool.....

......Don't you believe the same thing about protestants? You are always telling them they have only half truths and aren't equal to you.

Michael

Canada

#540705 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I just bought a new living room suit. I wonder if it will fit in hell cause I'm not gonna go down there without it LOL,LOL.
When I was in high school I liked all the bad girls, and I liked much of the music/singers from the 60s. All hell material.

Maybe when I die it might be time for a re-union.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540706 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
Pope Francis has hinted as did the two previous popes that the door is open for optional celebacy at some point in the future.
Now if the priests get their way, what about the nuns? Shouldn't they be treated the same? A loving husband for each nun with dozens of unruly kids running around the convents. Their young girls dressing up like their moms in little habits.
I know the nuns are brides of Christ all of them brides!. But if that is only a rule and not a doctrine that too can be changed.
Religion ought to something to laugh at as archaic nonsense.

But so important are their savior-myths ... each religion keeps going as though all is normal.

Some of those savior-myths existed long before Christianity, and the devotees are still waiting to be beamed-up to eternal bliss.

And still they wait and pray and wait and pray that the end of their suffering is NIGH!

Location hidden

#540707 May 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see how you started out this morning giving me your best wishes ... and how because I don't believe in your supposed savior, you become nasty?
That is what drove people to kill each other as heretics.
You want me to believe that you are special to Jesus ... however you also want me to believe that none of the saviors in other religions exist.
That is the game played by the religious "contenders."
"My savior is REAL and your made-up savior is false."
June, we're just having a conversation. it has nothing to do with you not believing in the supposed savior, but your hypocritical statements of how Christians know the truth, when your post speak of you knowing truth. stop it! hahaha!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540708 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Claypool.....
......Don't you believe the same thing about protestants? You are always telling them they have only half truths and aren't equal to you.
Isn't it amazing how they claim to have the same god and the same savior ... yet they felt through history that they couldn't bear to share the love from the father and son? And they are still stuck in the same mindset.

FEAR of not being loved is what motivates them. "If Jesus and God love you, and you don't agree with my doctrines, that means that they don't love me. So I have to make sure that everyone KNOWS that MY doctrines are the only ones based on truth."

They preach love, while they live in total FEAR of not BEING loved.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540709 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Look here foolish mortal. You're in no better shape than the Catholics are.
In due season, IN THE MILLENIUM they will realize the error of their ways and will come to God in sincerety as will people of all false religions including the false one that you follow. Lets hope that you too will see the light. Till then God has blinded certain people and you can count yourself among the blind while you're trying to correct the Catholics.
Remove that mote from your own eyes. Kay?
At Jesus' coming, all men will be judged and eternally rewarded.

There is no room for 1000 years between Jesus' coming and the judgment.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540710 May 28, 2014
Muslims have PROOF.

In the Koran, the earth is described as being oval shaped -- shaped like an egg.

Not so long ago, scientists were able to measure the earth's shape within a few inches.

As expected, it was discovered that instead of being perfectly round, the earth is actually slightly wider near the equator. This is due to the centrifugal force of the earth's rotation.

No matter, the Muslim world was ecstatic with joy. Science had "proven" that the earth was not perfectly round and the Koran was correct.

Never mind that the earth is more perfectly round than a ping-pong ball, those few inches "proved" that the Koran was correct (egg-shaped).

Such is the nature of the human mind and religious delusions.

ramen
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#540711 May 28, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> We'll just consider this issue about wine another of the MANY,MANY ,MANY Bible lessons that eludes you. Kay? No pint is my casting my pearls before swine so to speak. Especially with someone that thinks it's a sin to have a bank account or save money,lol. Even someone with so much as a bird brain wouldn't listen to anything that comes out of your mouth. But you keep studying and we'll pray that eventually if you study Gods word long enough you just might get at least one Bible topic right.
Till and when that happens,I'll be the teacher and you continue to learn from me,KAY?
I know you really want to be a deeper Bible studen than what you have demonstrated here but you have a very long way to go my friend.
Spin and twist, Tony....

Is that all you have???

It is not looking good for you!!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540712 May 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in high school I liked all the bad girls, and I liked much of the music/singers from the 60s. All hell material.
Maybe when I die it might be time for a re-union.
Religion was set-up to make devotees detest life on earth. Otherwise theologians couldn't have a reason to preach that life in the spirit world would be euphoric ONLY if you follow the will of the gods while you are on earth.

"The body is evil, sex is evil, except for procreation, thoughts of pleasure of any type except worshipping the gods was taught as evil.

People went insane and committed suicide ... probably in the belief that the devil owned their "souls" anyway, so they might as well give him his due.

What a shame!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 996,418
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min science is god 87,594
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 24 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,548
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... (Aug '17) 39 min Knuk Phoo Phang IV 186
Last post wins (May '13) 45 min _FLATLINE-------- 542
Sunday night 10:20 p.m. June 12th 1994 1 hr Doctor REALITY 94
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Big Al 223,073