Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688777 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#540484 May 27, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I missed it.
At least the fundies on either side don't try to hide their BS.
That one is still searching for his BS.
ramen
Robert lives his entire life flirting with his own B.S. and trying with each step to convince others that he knows truth.

He knew truth when he was a Protestant. He knew truth when he was a Catholic. He knew truth when he was an Atheist. He knew truth when he went back to Catholicism. He knew truth when he stated that he was no longer a Protestant or a Catholic but was in his Christian Center.

He's a truth machine of virtue. Just ask him and he'll be sure to tell you all about TRUTH and VIRTUE!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540485 May 27, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>"if" "if" and would if they did that? What if this and what if that? Those are some real facts June and Illusion. LOL
I agree! I keep asking questions about if this and if that! I don't pretend that I have a savior that sides with me and disses all others that don't agree with me.

I am satisfied as was Einstein to believe that experience just might be based on nothing more than illusion.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#540486 May 27, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
="Gods r Delusions x Mine, " THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS NOT DEAD, IT WILL RISE AGAIN TO FULL POWER, AND SATAN WILL BE LEADING THEM JUST AS HE HAS BEEN DOING ALL ALONG. IT HAS HIDDEN IT SELF VERY WELL .
THE POPES TRIP TO THE MIDDLE EAST, MANY WILL BE FOOLED BY IT AS BEING A GOOD JESTER OF PEACE AND CHRISTIANITY .
AS THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST SEE THE WARNING SIGN, OTHERS WILL BE FOOLED INTO BELIEVING THAT POPE FRANCIS HAS GOOD INTENSIONS.
"THE PROPHECY GOES , THEY WILL BE TALKING PEACE, THEN ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE."
HE WANTS TO SIT ON THE THRONE OF DAVID, AND HE IS INCHING HIS WAY THERE.
ONE LIE AT A TIME.
MARK 13-14
King James Bible
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not,(let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
Cross References
Daniel 9:27
He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."
Daniel 11:31
"His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.
Daniel 12:11
"From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.
Matthew 24:15
"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand--
Any minute now :o)

BTW, who assembled the book where you get all of your info on Satan?

Come to the lite of the one true God. THINK! No true God is as goofy, murderous and angry as the one they put in your lap.

ramen

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#540487 May 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Robert, just read an article on recent comments by Iran’s Ayatollah. It sounded eerily similar to the way Preston speaks here. I think you're definitely on to something.
Anthony

Peace

I have wondered why it is so easy for Preston to denigrate and seek out others invidiously to others who not hold his beliefs, especially Christians. And I think it goes back to the point(which Regina knows as well) that one's core belief in who Jesus is makes their actions and working belief system. And in Prestion's case, since he believes in similar fashion as do Muslims concerning Jesus, I think it is easy for him to contentious toward Christians, who do not bow to his self-stated authority.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540488 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Why go to an opinion? Go to the source, the Catechism of the Catholic Church on suicide:
"2282...Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.
2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. The Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives."
Hope you can understand it.
Well Robert ... you found a modernized Catholic that happens to agree with you.

But the original Catholics did not believe that suicide was acceptable to God unless the followers died for the church. Then they were perceived as martyrs.

Here is your golden-tongued John Chrysostom.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

An examination of some of his writings will help draw attention between modern day psychology and Church doctrines. St. John Chrysostom writes:

“Nothing is as strong a weapon to the devil as is desperation.”

Desperation, or despair, is to be without hope. It is another word for hopelessness. The devil is said to use hopelessness as one of his strongest weapons. Why? Elsewhere,St.John Chrysostom explains the reason:

“That is why the devil makes us feel desperate. It is to cut our hopes of God…”

In the case of suicide, it may be said that the overwhelming sense of hopelessness is the absence of hope. The hope in God provides faith and strength, but when this is weakened, the devil influences those who are troubled with desperation – with hopelessness.

http://ocprstoronto.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540489 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Why go to an opinion?
You are as flighty as a drunken bird in your travels of going to other people's opinions.

I'll ask you this question.

Why would I go to your opinion for credible advise???

You can't even stabilize your own opinion, yet you want me to believe that you know truth.

GOOD GRIEF!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540490 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
Peace
I have wondered why it is so easy for Preston to denigrate and seek out others invidiously to others who not hold his beliefs, especially Christians. And I think it goes back to the point(which Regina knows as well) that one's core belief in who Jesus is makes their actions and working belief system. And in Prestion's case, since he believes in similar fashion as do Muslims concerning Jesus, I think it is easy for him to contentious toward Christians, who do not bow to his self-stated authority.
Peace
Robert the Christian preaching at Preston the Christian about how to be a stabilized Christian!

Hilarious!
Michael

Canada

#540491 May 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
On one hand, I try to be sympathetic to these guys. Its not easy to do. I've been told I'm going to burn in hell so often I get a chuckle out of it.
...Ya! Me too!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540492 May 27, 2014
Religion drove many people totally insane.

Imagine teaching that suicide for the church was divine, but for any other reason was of the devil.

That teaching alone probably drove many people to despair, as they pictured their beloved family members who committed suicide being burned in hell for eternity.

The sooner you can relieve your self of religion ... the better for you.

If a god exists that is of the character of love ... you have no worries. And if a god exists that is untrustworthy, all the worry in the world is not going to assure you that the god won't change his "mind" at any moment and reject YOU to hell.

Religion is BUNK. I suggest you don't let those theologians fool you through fear of eternal punishment ... even one moment longer.

Keep in mind I'm not asking for your money as are the theologians.

I simply want you to be free of FEAR ... period ... and to live what's left of the rest of your lives in relative peace within.

Location hidden

#540493 May 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and what is very interesting.
look at the words nailed to the Cross. they are in latin, greek and most important Hebrew.
and not surprising aramiac is missing. now if that would be the national languge, someone forgot to tell those who placed that sign. and it wouldn't be pilate who told them what to write.
[Does the fact that all four Gospels contain different versions of the inscription on the Cross indicate error? By no means. Both Luke and John tell us that the inscription on the Cross of Jesus was written in three languages, Greek, Latin and Hebrew.]&#9726;Luke 23:38.
looks like the dope doesn't know very much.lol
Preston

You want Jesus as your puppet.

Sorry. Not going to happen.

It is most likely Jesus did speak Aramaic. And if he didn't, then how did he communicate with those who did?

Most likely he spoke Greek and Latin as well, because it was the language of trade and of the Roman Empire. Little doubt that he even worked for them with his father as a child, because just down the road from where he lived a Roman city was being built....

All that aside. Consider Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit. And so he had the gifts of the Spirit, and he spoke in tongues.(No it doesn't state it in the Bible), not jibberish, but actual languages as he communicated.

Jesus is bigger than the English speaking KJV puppet you make him out to be.

All your study is for nothing, unless you know Jesus.
And in knowing him, become more like him.

Location hidden

#540494 May 27, 2014
marge wrote:
Nice post Oxbow, it's all about the righteousness that comes from Jesus, not from ourselves.
The board will not let me reply directly to posts again and the ads still overwhelming to even visit here, unless you have a lot of time.
marge

Peace

I know what you mean. I am having a terrible time with the advertisements now. One on the left pops out and I can turn it off. But the one on the bottom keeps interrupting my typing as it just keeps blinking on and off....I think some feedback to topix is in order....

Sometimes it takes me two minutes to write just a single sentence because I have to wait....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540495 May 27, 2014
In other words ... "If Augustine or the pope tells you that Catholic war is JUST according to God, THAT is a DIVINE COMMAND, and you must go get killed (take a chance on committing suicide) for the church."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Vincenzo was a Jesuit.
>>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

As a general principle, it is never permissible to kill oneself, except as a divine command.

Vincenzo Filliucci (Fillucius) Moralium quaestionum (1626)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540496 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
You tell that Preston where to go!!!

Jesus (Ihcuc the ex-Greek) is now a Catholic puppet ... not a Protestant or a Gnostic-Christian puppet!

Hahahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540497 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge
Peace
I know what you mean. I am having a terrible time with the advertisements now. One on the left pops out and I can turn it off. But the one on the bottom keeps interrupting my typing as it just keeps blinking on and off....I think some feedback to topix is in order....
Sometimes it takes me two minutes to write just a single sentence because I have to wait....
Maybe the devil is letting you know that you have no right to try to take over his job!

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#540498 May 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
It is most likely Jesus did speak Aramaic. And if he didn't, then how did he communicate with those who did?
Most likely he spoke Greek and Latin as well, because it was the language of trade and of the Roman Empire. Little doubt that he even worked for them with his father as a child, because just down the road from where he lived a Roman city was being built....
All that aside. Consider Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit. And so he had the gifts of the Spirit, and he spoke in tongues.(No it doesn't state it in the Bible), not jibberish, but actual languages as he communicated.
Jesus is bigger than the English speaking KJV puppet you make him out to be.
All your study is for nothing, unless you know Jesus.
And in knowing him, become more like him.
You neglected to put your PEACE symbol on this post to Preston.

Location hidden

#540499 May 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Catholics and Protestants were not "responsible" for their own beliefs and behaviors in the killing fields???
You are an idiot!
June

Responsible ? Yes

However, one must allow for extenuating circumstances.

Peaceful people caught up in barbaric times under threat and stress have extenuating circumstances....

Location hidden

#540500 May 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
On one hand, I try to be sympathetic to these guys. Its not easy to do. I've been told I'm going to burn in hell so often I get a chuckle out of it. They simply grew up never hearing the Catholic side of the story. Some had people look up to them, believing they were 'sent by God'. They could get folks to be obedient by threatening damnation. Nobody questioned their authority. Nobody wondered if their Bible interpretations were authentic. They were the town pastors; above the police chief and doctor. So in a sense, I see why they are angry now. Its gotta be heart wrenching to realize the truth and not be able to retract. I know its out of fear of being looked at differently.'What, our pastor Preston was wrong about Catholics!!"
Thats how I see it. Fear.
Liam

Peace

Yes I see your point and agree with a lot of it.

With Preston, I see it more as a psychological disorder. There is a fear of loss. This is the direct cause of most neurosis. But I think we are sympathetic to him, because we know there is help available to him. It is his lack of response, which is the most cowardly of acts. Most men have this problem of not asking for help when they need it.

The RCC with all its faults, should be trying to teach people how to live a happy life, which includes the spiritual and cardinal virtues. I think it is not, and that is the cause of so many problems, especially on the human cardinal side. It tries to make itself out as the paragon of moral virtue, as people like Preston try to resurrect the past to enhance his image, or others just want to throw mud. It makes a person feel big to take on a big opponent.

So again it goes to psychology here. It not so much in the religious realm when dealing with Preston. And I think he has even stated that, as I remember, though he uses it as a justifier of his condemnation of most everyone on the board....

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#540501 May 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone agree with you and your religion, is he/she your CLONE, or did you simply agree with him/her???
Read the post I was referring to, it was more then just simply agreeing.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#540502 May 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I keep asking questions about if this and if that! I don't pretend that I have a savior that sides with me and disses all others that don't agree with me.
I am satisfied as was Einstein to believe that experience just might be based on nothing more than illusion.
I agree, you are all speculation and no facts. Thanks, at least we agree now.

Location hidden

#540503 May 27, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
????? ".... and up until after WWII this was difficult to achieve."
Another Catholic refuses to remember the Holy Roman Empire.
History Robert!
Reality Robert! Stay in touch.
This board has plenty of examples of what happens when you lose touch completely.
peace and love,
rame
Gods r Delusions

Peace

Good advice.

Sometimes I get into a "stream of consciousness" mode of writing.

It sounds good. But reflecting back, it often doesn't quite fit into what I was meaning to write.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 6 min Johnny 19
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Scientistalways 37,091
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 988,532
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr oneear69 121,925
___End Time ISRAEL -- 2017 FOREWARNINGS___ 2 hr oneear69 2
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 8 hr Freakenstein 2
More from around the web