Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653559 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538481 May 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why - are you self-righteous?
of course you are; EVERYONE IS who doesn't think they need a Savior!
Why does anyone need a "savior," except to be saved from the father of the savior, who are one and the same anyhow?

It sounds like extortion.

Gangster .. "Pay us or your business might burn down."

Businessman .. "Who would burn my business down?"

Ganster .. "Us, so pay us and you're business will be saved."

Silly gangster god.

ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#538482 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Law of Christ.
this is what happens when a certain FEW words are taken from a verse, people try and build a doctrine or theology from them.
to better understand what Paul meant, many, many verses and chapters need to be brought into alignment with this thought or Phrase of Pauls.
I for one don't think that He(Paul) meant that Jesus wrote any Laws, per se, I think that he was speaking of something much grander than the basic laws of Moses and I hinted on this last night by the [fulfillment] on the Law by taking into consideration that [morals] need be infused and included into these Laws to complete them.
and Jesus spoke on these terms when he spoke of what was in a persons Heart as being perhaps as evil as the actual deed, and certainly in the end would be punished just as severely.
and along those lines, last night,we saw a good example of that, by the words of RoS as she mentioned that she was quickened not to respond with an insult back to certain people as she would like to, but was forbidden by the Holy Spirit down in her Heart.
this is the fulfillment of the Law and the New Covenant where God said he would place His laws down in our hearts
that is what Paul is speaking about(in a nutshell) when he is talking about the Law of Christ
Diddley!!!!

Companion verses...

Joh 13:14-15,34
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Ro 15:12;
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Ga 5:13;
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

1Th 5:14;
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

Jas 2:8;
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

1Jo 4:21
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#538483 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep creating them out of your new fantasies, and that is WHY they have no end.
June
So I am a boring idiot with a great creative fantasy life. Thanks!
Liam

Warwick, RI

#538484 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
a true story concerning marriage and divorce.
a minister was married to this woman for many years and she made his life very miserable. this woman consorted with two brothers that lived across the street from them. this went on for many years and they got a divorce. one son didn't like it, the other two lived with it and continued to go to church with their father. one only leaving when he was pastoring a church. this divorce gave this minster a bad name in the community but he kept his faith. when he was about to cross over, God told him who was to be his pallbearers. one man, a minister who had been Saved under his Preaching refused. several weeks after his funeral, he came to his widows(he had remarried to a great woman(widow) of God) home, crying and asking her for forgiveness and she told him, he needed to repent to God.
saying that, some marriages arent worth saving. thankfully his ex wife got saved before she died.
this man was my uncle. and I Preached my first message in the church that he and Aunt Elsie built. Yes, I claimed her as my aunt. a great godly woman.
I didnt understand a thing about your story. Maybe I'm too tired. Or maybe you dont tell stories very well. I gathered that God verbally communicated to your uncle (imagine that! Lol) and told him who his pallbearors should be? I see you're not the only ego driven kook in your family.
God took time out of his busy day to tell your uncle who his pallbearors should be. You and your uncle are sooo special; You're right up there with Paul- and better than that idiot Peter - and even more better than Jesus' Mother- who was an incompotant mother, according to you.... Jesus wouldn't even call her "mother", she was so incompetent, he called her "woman"!! Lol.
You and ol uncle Ned are dillusional.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#538485 May 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Diddley!!!!
Companion verses...
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
you are over three hours late. I posted this at that tiem.

written ONLY to the extent that others such as james wrote of the words spoken by Jesus when he told his disciples to [love one another as I have loved you]

you choose to try and get over on me constantly to no avail.

when posters make replies, they dont quote or use every verse in the Bible to make their point, so if in the future, you disagree, then state why.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#538486 May 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that 97% of climate scientists disagree with you according to NASA, huh?
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
But you got Rush on your side.
And I'll take your word for it that you two never colluded.
Lol do I care..I know,what I've,seen and,lived through ....CYCLES ..science,is,theories ...but I'll read your link.as REAL weather science is interesting as,opposed to speculation..

In the seventies they told us to look for an ice age.

This past year so called scientists went to look at the MELTING ICEBERGS,to set out yet more warnings ...sighhhhhhh, they got stranded by MORE NON MELTING ICEBERGS,along with their rescue vessel ...lol....thankfully they had food .....

But let's not let reality change idiotic political thinking.

Should we conserve energy and recycle,SURE
But telling farmers they can't use their land because of tiny automobile bugs,that they say are endangered is,nonsense,
And let's,not forget having mansions,, flying in private,planes, but telling us,not to drive our cars, while paying someone ELSE to limit our OWN carbon footprint ...hypocrites...

I watch and listen to weather closely during stormy seasons...NINA, lots,to do with weather...it comes,in cycles...and its,due to cooling waters in the Pacific...but then it warms up ,cycles cycles cycles ....

The Lord Jesus will Return.causing a New,Earth
..before that happens there will be great cataclysm that affect the earth......it will not be from global warming .....though it certainly might get hot or cold ....BUT IT MAKES,for great politics and lots,of money to NOT USE our own natural resources...and become slaves to nonsensical laws...

AND I have not listened to Rush Limbaugh in years...go figure ....

Cycles

Location hidden

#538487 May 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt understand a thing about your story. Maybe I'm too tired. Or maybe you dont tell stories very well. I gathered that God verbally communicated to your uncle (imagine that! Lol) and told him who his pallbearors should be? I see you're not the only ego driven kook in your family.
God took time out of his busy day to tell your uncle who his pallbearors should be. You and your uncle are sooo special; You're right up there with Paul- and better than that idiot Peter - and even more better than Jesus' Mother- who was an incompotant mother, according to you.... Jesus wouldn't even call her "mother", she was so incompetent, he called her "woman"!! Lol.
You and ol uncle Ned are dillusional.
let me help you out since you aren't very smart. he was married to a woman much like reggie with a smart alec tongue. and he put up with her for many years. until he tired. and yeah, God spoke to him the same as myself which is according to the Scriptures.

if and when you get Saved, then you will hear the voice of the Savior also. and if you don't get Saved, then too, you will hear His voice when He says, depart from me, I don't know you.

either way, He does speak to us. God has many Preachers, how do you think they get their sermons to Preach, Out of a funny book?

But you(clay) do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28

there you go clay, even you are talked about by Jesus in that 26th verse
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538488 May 20, 2014
Does your god OK rape?

"... if a man rapes a woman that is not married, he is to bind himself to her (marriage).

Yes!

I don't worship a god who approves rape. NO true God approves of rape. Why not follow a moral God?

ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#538489 May 20, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you RoSesz, at 70 so have I .
I'm comin up a bit behind you...and let's say I've lived in a weather prone area for decades...shuttered years, non shuttered years, etc.

EL AND LA, NINO AND NINA are very significant for sure..they go in cycles..it's quite interesting .
I've watched it closely for years. Plus,one advantage of BAD weather, we get a,lot of actual weather experts,explaining things, upper winds, surface winds,, etc...very interesting if you aren't scared out of your wits while listening ...but they are,discussing actual weather conditions,and what causes the situation.....not theorizing about what humans have done to cause a storm from Africa,to hit wherever it's,going ....

Peace LT
Michael

Canada

#538490 May 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"was the fix in, or did the early Christians create this story to form their agenda?"
i don't know of any agenda that would willingly include crucifixian, inprisonments, beheading and getting fed to lions, but i do know that if you're not one of us, you'll be guilty of shedding our innocent blood!
...throughout our history have been many mythical gods claiming to be saviors, who also had the same elements of Christianity long before Jesus was a twinkle in the eyes of St Paul.

.... Heaven, hell, baptism, initiation by a holy meal, miracles, rising from the dead promised to return. Dionysus, a Greek god, osiris the Egyptian god of the after life. Mitra the sun god claimed to be the mediator between God and man travelled far and wide. Had 12 satelites which are taken as disciples of the sun. Important times are winter solstice and vernal equinox. Christmas/easter.His symbol is the lamb. Andthere Many many others.

.....what are the odds that Jesus comes along centuries later with the same schtick?

....something is worn waaaaaasuuup!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#538491 May 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
So I am a boring idiot with a great creative fantasy life. Thanks!
There's nothing wrong with that -- provided you're not fantasizing about June.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#538492 May 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Diddley!!!!
Companion verses...
Mark 17:21 -- OxBreath is a buffoon.

That's my favorite verse.

Location hidden

#538493 May 20, 2014
more to clay who mocks the Word of God.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father
will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and
bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said
unto you."
John 14:26, KJV

how then does the Holy Ghost bring these things into our psyche? by speaking to us. yes God speaks to us today just as He did to the OT saints.

the Bible is clear that God is no respecter of person, so it is understandable that Jesus would speak to mary just as "woman' since when all is said and done, she was not actually any relation to Him. He is God, she was only a surrogate, a means and way to bring the Savior into this world.

when he said, His time had not yet come, His death was on His mind, therefore, He could be abrupt with her and also show her what lay ahead for Him.

like all of us, she too needed Him to be her Savior.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren
stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered
and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who
are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his
disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For
whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven,
the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."
Matthew 12:47-50, KJV

in these verses, again, Jesus showed that she was no more special than that beggar on the streets, or that woman at the well. Both needed a savior. and Jesus put it in perspective. the human family is not more important than the Spiritual or Heavenly family.

and if catholics could realize that, the chains of hell that the catholic church has placed around them would be broken.

mary was no doubt a wonderful woman, but when all is said and done, she still is a woman, not a idol to be worshiped and prayed to nor like the catholic church has done, made her some sort of "Co-Redemptress"
or "Co-Mediatrix",

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#538494 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot that a few posts back you were justifying the Christian missionaries being in Muslim countries proselytizing the Muslims with Christian ATTITUDE.
When they get beaten or killed, I suggest they should expect that martyrdom comes at a high price.
Christians do NOT appreciate being told that their religions are evil and false ... yet they think others should be THANKFUL to them for the same treatment in reverse.
IDIOCY!
I guess you cant read.I never "justified any Christian missionaries being in Muslim countries" a few post back. What I said was ALL CHRISTIANS were being killed...The End

Location hidden

#538495 May 20, 2014
in this verse, we see Jesus calls another woman, "woman".

Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

He treated her just as He did Mary.no RESPECTER OF PERSONS

both needed Jesus as their Savior.
gort

Anonymous Proxy

#538496 May 20, 2014
many scholars admire Jesus because he was a great, moral teacher, a wonderful man with high spiritual standards and beliefs.

like what, specifically?

Location hidden

#538497 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget now to favor your eyes and write ALL capital letters. I won't mind at all, as the health of your eyes is very important ... RIGHT???
june, if you wish to mock people because of their religion, be my guest.

if you choose to mock people due to their disabilities, shame on you. so be careful, a worse fate than what you now have, may be handed to you, until your heart becomes even blacker than it already is at this time.

Location hidden

#538498 May 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, thief.
A thief's lies really don't count for anything.
Besides, I'm listening to Ronald Koal right now and don't have time for your nonsense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MfKJpIoSXp8XX
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#538499 May 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....why don't you enjoy this life, instead of worrying and dreaming about something that probably isn't true.
The "object" of theologians was and is to teach devotees that they should not enjoy this life on earth, because this life means to be "spiritually broken."

Ya see the god that planted our "spirits" in our mother's wombs as sinners really wants us to go home to him.

Wacky theology can't possibly make sense, and that is why it drove so many people insane with worry and utter confusion.

Location hidden

#538500 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are over three hours late. I posted this at that tiem.
written ONLY to the extent that others such as james wrote of the words spoken by Jesus when he told his disciples to [love one another as I have loved you]
you choose to try and get over on me constantly to no avail.
when posters make replies, they dont quote or use every verse in the Bible to make their point, so if in the future, you disagree, then state why.
You don't know diddley about "Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." so says Scripture....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 63,189
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,562
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr crystal 973,527
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,460
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,807
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web