Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703824 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#538380 May 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Nope...they are being killed for not being Islam
...NO different than american travelers going into foreign countries being arrested and thrown into a pit hole of a jail for breaking their laws, then america cries fowl that those countries laws are too strict.

...you have to accept the risks when you travel. American laws are not universal. We know terrible things in many foreign countries.

Common Sense!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#538381 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in Muslim countries INSULTING Islam as being evil and false.
Insults are the reason that Protestants killed other Protestants as heretics (infidels), and Catholics killed other Catholics as heretics (infidels).
You people don't seem to learn that proselytizing from any religion insults others, and this is what you do for entertainment on the forum every day.
are why are you here ever day? Bored huh?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#538382 May 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> This little ditty right here says that either you are baptized in confusion or the word of God is lying.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Sin can only be committed by transgressing the law. Now how can one sin or transgress the law if the law has been done away wtih? As I stated before you guys quote scripture but you grossly misunderstand the scriptures.
Tony,

Do you not understand that the Law of Moses was POWERLESS and WEAK???

Romans 8:3

3 For what the law (LAW OF MOSES) was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#538383 May 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Christianity before the Reformation and Age of Enlightenment.
Separating Catholicism from Protestantism had nothing to do with enlightenment, which is associated with the word "Reformation."

Separating government from religion ... or at least trying to separate government from religion was a stab at trying to enlighten those in religion to keep their religions out of politics.

It didn't take effect completely as people always want their religions to rule the universe ... but at least it helped keep at bay any one denomination from ruling the government and that was a step in the right direction.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538384 May 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> are why are you here ever day? Bored huh?
We both understand why we are here.

You are here to proselytize your personalized religion as being of high value to all people of the world, and I am here to dis all religion as being of no value whatsoever if we want to strive for any semblance whatsoever of unity.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#538385 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH now you KNOW that Robert didn't want his parable, metaphor, to be picked apart by a lowly one such as you.
His meanings are DEEP and HOLY.
:)
and you seem to be in a state of perpetual odoriferousness.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#538386 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hank admitted that he isn't always right and in this case he is wrong again.
not one person on here it seems realizes that when Jesus [fulfilled] the Law, the [moral} issues were what he also meant. and your lifestyle is in that sector as to what He fulfilled.
Preston,

What was the purpose of the Law of Moses???

It defined what sin was and showed that man could not be justified by the law.

Under the New Testament, we are under the Law of Christ.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538387 May 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No...I don't care if someone believes as I do or not or if they believe at all. I read someones heart before anything else.
What a fibber you are.

You take the side of the Christians against the Muslims.

When I point out that Christians are in Muslim countries offending the Muslims, you don't respond with agreement. You simply go on to another subject that tries in VAIN to make the Christians seem HOLY and Muslims seem EVIL.

There is no doubt you side with Christians ... and your own Christians, not those nasty Catholics that irritate you daily on the forum.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538388 May 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...NO different than american travelers going into foreign countries being arrested and thrown into a pit hole of a jail for breaking their laws, then america cries fowl that those countries laws are too strict.
...you have to accept the risks when you travel. American laws are not universal. We know terrible things in many foreign countries.
Common Sense!
Christian missionaries drag their innocent children into Islamic war zones and then cry the blues when the children are murdered.

And they are so dumbed-down, they believe that a god is supporting their behavior.

Nuttier than fruitcakes.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538389 May 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
Do you not understand that the Law of Moses was POWERLESS and WEAK???
Jews faithful to Judaism had nothing to do with writing those anti-Jewish sentiments.

NOTHING!

And by the way ... the word REFORMATION was created by the Protestants.

Catholics thought it was blasphemy and heresy to start a new religion based on a Catholic bible.

And they were RIGHT!

But the Catholics took the Jewish literature and committed the same crimes against Judaism, and they thought they were SMART.

They didn't like it however when the Protestants did the same dirt to them as they committed against the Jews.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538390 May 20, 2014
Religion is a dirty game.

New religions always vilify the older religions as evil and being filled with lies.

It's the only way the newest religion can survive and grow to try to dominate others and make their own religion "universal."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#538391 May 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again a proven liar and thief making a false claim.
How's your dishonesty working out for you so far, thief?
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538392 May 20, 2014
More silly SLOP written by men with the mentalities of flees.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Genesis 17

Abraham, your wife’s name will now be Sarah instead of Sarai. 16 I will bless her, and you will have a son by her. She will become the mother of nations, and some of her descendants will even be kings.

17 Abraham bowed with his face to the ground and thought,“I am almost a hundred years old. How can I become a father? And Sarah is ninety. How can she have a child?” So he started laughing. 18 Then he asked God,“Why not let Ishmael[b] inherit what you have promised me?”

19 But God answered:

No! You and Sarah will have a son. His name will be Isaac,[c] and I will make an everlasting promise to him and his descendants.
LTM

Scarborough, Canada

#538393 May 20, 2014
Angels in the Alley

Diane, a young Christian university student, was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some friends one evening and the time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than she had planned and had to walk home alone. But she wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a shortcut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end ofthe alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

Girl walks through ally.

The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been attacked in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and asking him to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She knew she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before.

When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery, and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

Angel

Psalms 91:10-11

No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.

Credit: Heartwarming Stories
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538394 May 20, 2014
According to this absolute truth {{{sarcasm}}} Abraham was circumcised at the age of ninety ... and that pleased the god.

Of course god miraculously supplied the sharp material instruments to do the cutting necessary to make the men pure and holy once their foreskins were removed.

Why god PUT foreskins on men when he created them, nobody seemed to know OR to care.

Ridiculous blather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Genesis 17

22 God finished speaking to Abraham and then left.

23-27 On that same day Abraham obeyed God by circumcising Ishmael. Abraham was also circumcised, and so were all other men and boys in his household, including his servants and slaves. He was ninety-nine years old at the time, and his son Ishmael was thirteen.

LTM

Scarborough, Canada

#538395 May 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in Muslim countries INSULTING Islam as being evil and false.
Insults are the reason that Protestants killed other Protestants as heretics (infidels), and Catholics killed other Catholics as heretics (infidels).
You people don't seem to learn that proselytizing from any religion insults others, and this is what you do for entertainment on the forum every day.
aND YOU ARE INSULTING THEM ALL, YET YOUR STILL A LIVE.
GO FIGURE.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#538396 May 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, we agree about the soil in LA. That's the way I perceive the RCC.
Don't think, just believe. Infallible teachings, but no one truly knows what they are. The under layer is not for you to know.
Basic teachings never change, but don't probe too deeply.
That's why I respect personal faith, were one is always probbing the depths.
In the RCC, the clay is the hierarchy. Not transparant, the depths protected by a shell of hard clay secrecy, lawyers, and immunity.
Good analogy.
ramen
Gods R Delusions

Thanks.

That is why as a sort of ex-Protestant, talking to a RC priest, I treat them like a person and not out of a special awe type of respect. Some are offended, others are not.

But the writings of people should not be disregarded simply because they are RCs. I find the whole spiritual and philosophical writings have no end.

And a good classical movie gets better with age. So revisiting a good book is too.

People can be like clay, not just institutions....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538397 May 20, 2014
LTM wrote:
Angels in the Alley
Diane, a young Christian university student, was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some friends one evening and the time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than she had planned and had to walk home alone. But she wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.
As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a shortcut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end ofthe alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.
Girl walks through ally.
The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been attacked in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and asking him to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She knew she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before.
When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery, and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."
Angel
Psalms 91:10-11
No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
Credit: Heartwarming Stories
Had she been attacked in the alley as was the other girl ... the Christian story would probably be that that the devil was in the other girl and that is why she was not protected.

You people tell the stories to suit your own religious fantasies.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#538398 May 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
What was the purpose of the Law of Moses???
It defined what sin was and showed that man could not be justified by the law.
Under the New Testament, we are under the Law of Christ.
this wording is to say the least, ambiguous.

Paul wrote that Salvation is not determined by works of the Law, therefore there actually can not be a Law of Christ. We are Saved By Grace through Faith, not of works(baptism), lest any man should boast.

this term is debated and refused by many Biblical scholars as his meaning is certainly not very clear. I myself prefer that we are under the dispensational Grace Period as opposed to the time of the Laws of Moses. Moses wrote many Laws, I havent seen any Laws that Jesus wrote, have you?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#538399 May 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the whole spiritual and philosophical writings have no end.
You keep creating them out of your new fantasies, and that is WHY they have no end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 27 min Kwisatz Haderach 88,512
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min Gabriel 996,559
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 4 hr stupdwmen 20
Are Ukraine women naturally prideful? 4 hr stupdwmen 4
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 4 hr stupdwmen 3
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 5 hr stupdwmen 3
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 5 hr stupdwmen 7