Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642160 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#538333 May 19, 2014
truth wrote:
I know you not dined my name.
who?
my priest give me cross INRI as gift
not bible
let me give you a hint. Jesus is not on the cross anymore. he is Risen. and the Bible would be much more of a Blessing for you to receive.

the bible gives life, that cross took lives, sometimes even as much as 6,000 men were killed by the Romans on the Apian Way. read about it and then leave that sick irreligious system called the roman catholic church and have nothing else to do with it. as God commands you to do.

Location hidden

#538334 May 19, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...not by anyone with any intellectual capacity. Sorry, but you just don't matter that much. Tell you what....I'll try really hard to think about you the next time I cite an article. Feel better now? Got the attention you were seeking?
that acidic tongue of yours will curse your soul throughout Eternity, while you spend your time in hell.

there is no hope in the pope, most, if not all of them will be walking beside you trying to escape the fires of hell.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#538335 May 19, 2014
Because of the lack of a full understanding of the implications of the biology of reproduction, earlier writers tended to identify abortion with contraception. However, of late a new view has taken hold among Orthodox writers and thinkers on this topic, which permits the use of certain contraceptive practices within marriage for the purpose of spacing children, enhancing the expression of marital love, and protecting health.
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith/controversiali...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538336 May 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
LTM; some very good posts tonight, and they are right on.
in one Scripture God speaks about Israel, and he says if man can break His covenant between night and day, he will forget about Israel and restoring the Land to them.
"This is what the LORD says:'If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night no longer come at their appointed time,
then my covenant with David my servant--and my covenant with the Levites who are priests ministering before me--can be broken and David will no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne.
there has to be, then, a Nation for Jesus to reign over. God used a rod to punish Israel, NOT a sword to destroy her.
Verse 34.- My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips
amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. prophecy fulfilled right before our eyes and now the romans want to take it away from Israel but now God says NO!!!!
GOT THAT REG AND CLAY. NO, NO, NO, AND MORE NO!!!!!!!!!!
Uhhh. Sorry but that scripture that you misused from Amos 9:14 is yet FUTURE. That prophecy has not yet come to pass. It will come to pass in the millennium Have you not read..........no,instead, have you not STUDIED the book of Ezekiel especially the last few chapters?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#538337 May 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that its almost 100% Catholic or Orthodox Christians who are being killed in the middle east. I'm not sayin there isn't a born again evangelical presence there, but they are largely anonymous in the east. Maybe I'm wrong, i just have never heard of Protestant Christians having a base anywhere in the Holy Land.
Visible means the very visible miracles from God you know, He is the only True Original Transformer.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538338 May 19, 2014
Okay guys, I have to digress here for a moment. As a health care worker that believes passionately in the power of prayer, I want to ask the Christians here to pray for one of my patients. This young man is only 31 years old and he's in ESRD. A few minutes ago I tested his glucose level and it registered at 1273. Extremely high. High enough that it has affected his brain i.e. his mental state. Please set aside your differences with me and ask our heavenly father to touch this young man.

Location hidden

#538339 May 19, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh. Sorry but that scripture that you misused from Amos 9:14 is yet FUTURE. That prophecy has not yet come to pass. It will come to pass in the millennium Have you not read..........no,instead, have you not STUDIED the book of Ezekiel especially the last few chapters?
Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics estimated the Israeli Jewish population was 6,102,000 in December 2013 .

Immigration of Holocaust survivors and Jewish refugees from Arab lands doubled Israel's population within one year of its independence. Over the following years approximately 850,000 Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews fled or were expelled from surrounding mostly due persecution in Arab countries, and in smaller numbers from Turkey, India, Afghanistan, and Iran. Of these, about 680,000 settled in Israel (see also Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries).

Israel's Jewish population continued to grow at a very high rate for years, fed by waves of Jewish immigration from round the world, most notably the massive immigration wave of Soviet Jews, which arrived to Israel in the early 1990s following the dissolution of the USSR, who, according to the Law of Return, were entitled to become Israeli citizens upon arrival. About 380,000 arrived in 1990–1991 alone. At the same time some 80,000–100,000 Ethiopian Jews have immigrated to Israel since the early 1980s.

seems to me, that the Prophecy of Amos is being fulfilled even today. that takes care of the population explosion, not lets check on the desert bringing fforth its fruit(as LTM has already shown)

In 1867, Mark Twain took a tour of Palestine. This is how he described that land: "A desolate country whose soil is rich enough but is given over wholly to weeds. A silent, mournful expanse. We never saw a human."

In 1882, official Ottoman Turk census figures showed that, in the entire Land of Israel, there were only 141 000 Muslims, both Arab and non-Arab.

A travel guide to Palestine and Syria was published in 1906 by Karl Baedeker; The book estimated the total population of Jerusalem at 60,000, of whom 7,000 were Muslims, 13,000 were Christians and 40,000 were Jews. To millions of Jews today)

As the Jews came and drained the swamps and made the deserts bloom, Arabs followed. They came for jobs, for prosperity, for freedom. And, they came in large numbers.
Zionism really does this things like this.

READ THIS TONYhttp://zionism-israel.com/ israel_news/2009/02/zionism-ma king-desert-bloom-not-just.htm l
50 years of living in the Arava Desert - Science fiction becomes reality
Feb. 8, 2009
HE JERUSALEM POST

In honor of the 50th anniversary of Israeli settlement in the Arava desert, a one-day conference was held on Wednesday, 4th February at the Arava's Sapir Center in the framework of the annual Arava Open Day. The conference was organized by the Yair Northern & Central Arava Research & Development Station, which is funded by KKL-JNF worldwide and by government organizations. Yigal Elad, scientific director of the R&D station, invited speakers to address issues or challenges facing Arava residents today.

Development of Settlement and Agriculture in the Central Arava

"The wilderness and arid land shall be glad, the Arava shall rejoice and blossom like the tulip" (Isaiah 35:1). Amnon Navot presented a brief history of Arava desert settlement, focusing on how persistence and vision have overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

you don't accept this tony because of the false satanic teacher you watched on tv all of the time

Location hidden

#538340 May 19, 2014
this is very revealing and interesting, and not even related to the title.

Making the Desert Bloom

By Tali Loewenthal

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#538341 May 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Once again a proven liar and thief making a false claim.

How's your dishonesty working out for you so far, thief?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538342 May 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics estimated the Israeli Jewish population was 6,102,000 in December 2013 .
Immigration of Holocaust survivors and Jewish refugees from Arab lands doubled Israel's population within one year of its independence. Over the following years approximately 850,000 Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews fled or were expelled from surrounding mostly due persecution in Arab countries, and in smaller numbers from Turkey, India, Afghanistan, and Iran. Of these, about 680,000 settled in Israel (see also Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries).
Israel's Jewish population continued to grow at a very high rate for years, fed by waves of Jewish immigration from round the world, most notably the massive immigration wave of Soviet Jews, which arrived to Israel in the early 1990s following the dissolution of the USSR, who, according to the Law of Return, were entitled to become Israeli citizens upon arrival. About 380,000 arrived in 1990–1991 alone. At the same time some 80,000–100,000 Ethiopian Jews have immigrated to Israel since the early 1980s.
Unfortunately most so called Christians ( yourself included) don't even know who true Israel is today which is a sad state of affairs. If so called Christains listened to the word of God as oppossed to to some jack legged man that calls himself a teacher of Gods word, they wouldn't be so confused as to who true Israel really is.
God stated in His word to Abraham that He would multiply his seed ( his progeny) to be such a great num,ber that they would be like the stars of the sky and the sands on the beach for their great number. Today the so called Jews only number about 14 million worldwide. You can hardly compare that small number to the stars. Given the fact that God doesn't lie, that small number of so called Jews can't be the true Israel.
Now if you think and try to count the numbers of the CAUCASIAN PEOPLE OF THE """"" ""CHRISTIAN" """"" "" nations of Europe, America,Canada,Australia,South Africa etc ( the key word here is CAUCASIAN CHRISTIANS) THEIR NUMBERS DOES COMPARE TO THE STARS IN THE SKY FOR THEIR MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
You call yourself a preacher and were you A TRULY anointed ordained man of God you wouldn't continue to remain stuck on stupid and glued to dumb when it comes to rightly dividing the word of truth. Instead you as most so called preachers are TOTALLY CLUELESS.
tHE MERE 14 MILLION SO CALLED jEWS WORLDWIDE SHOULD MAKE A MAN OR WOMAN OF GOD FIGURE OUT THAT SOMETHING JUST DOESN'T MEASURE UP WHEN THESE SO CALLED jEWS CALLED THEMSELVES GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE. Their small number simply doesn't fit the promise that God made to Abraham.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538343 May 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics estimated the Israeli Jewish population was 6,102,000 in December 2013 .
seems to me, that the Prophecy of Amos is being fulfilled even today. that takes care of the population explosion, not lets check on the desert bringing fforth its fruit(as LTM has already shown)
In 1867, Mark Twain took a tour of Palestine. This is how he described that land: "A desolate country whose soil is rich enough but is given over wholly to weeds. A silent, mournful expanse. We never saw a human."
In 1882, official Ottoman Turk census figures showed that, in the entire Land of Israel, there were only 141 000 Muslims, both Arab and non-Arab.
A travel guide to Palestine and Syria was published in 1906 by Karl Baedeker; The book estimated the total population of Jerusalem at 60,000, of whom 7,000 were Muslims, 13,000 were Christians and 40,000 were Jews. To millions of Jews today)
As the Jews came and drained the swamps and made the deserts bloom, Arabs followed. They came for jobs, for prosperity, for freedom. And, they came in large numbers.
READ THIS TONYhttp://zionism-israel.com/ israel_news/2009/02/zionism-ma king-desert-bloom-not-just.htm l
Feb. 8, 2009
HE JERUSALEM POST
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Israeli settlement in the Arava desert, a one-day conference was held on Wednesday, 4th February at the Arava's Sapir Center in the framework of the annual Arava Open Day. The conference was organized by the Yair Northern & Central Arava Research & Development Station, which is funded by KKL-JNF worldwide and by government organizations. Yigal Elad, scientific director of the R&D station, invited speakers to address issues or challenges facing Arava residents today.
"The wilderness and arid land shall be glad, the Arava shall rejoice and blossom like the tulip" (Isaiah 35:1). Amnon Navot presented a brief history of Arava desert settlement, focusing on how persistence and vision have overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
you don't accept this tony because of the false satanic teacher you watched on tv all of the time
And this crap, this misinformation your Spiritually blind arse printed, I'm gonna print a copy and line my birdcage with it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538344 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Feb. 8, 2009
HE JERUSALEM POST
The following further demonstrates how dumb so called preachers are when it come to identifying TRUE ISRAEL.

http://angloisrael.com/billhollis/ic-seventy-...
hojo

Waconia, MN

#538345 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that acidic tongue of yours will curse your soul throughout Eternity, while you spend your time in hell.
there is no hope in the pope, most, if not all of them will be walking beside you trying to escape the fires of hell.
Another "judgemental Protestant" who has chosen to "relieve God of HIS " responsibility as to who is going to heaven and who is going to hell---- as well as who is saved and who is not!---It is "no wonder" that bible only Protestants and their ministers are leaving their " man-made denominations by the thousands, and finding the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation as well as the TRUE interpretation of Gods Word that He gave us over 2000 years ago--in and through His One (and only one) a True Apostolic a Catholic Church ---the Bride of Christ
www.gracecentered.com/....forum/.....converti...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#538346 May 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the catholic and orthodox fight instead of flee?
I'm not talking to just you Seri, your post was handy.
Flee the sword seems more Christian.
Christians all over are being persecuted. They do good works, smuggle in bibles and tend to those in need . In some countries,it's a crime to do all of this..in some countries, one sect of anything kills another and Christians get caught up in the fight .
The Sudan, Darfur comes,to mind .

I wish I had their courage,..

It's the curse of men to kill each other.

Anyone remember the,old Star Trek where the,man with a,half white, half black face is,running . At the end we find he,is,running from other men with half and half faces, BUT the colors,are,opposite..that's man..fighting over small and large differences....but GOD is a bigger thing to fight over , each version different ...June is,even right on this.

Thing is,the CHRISTIANS are there for humanitarian reasons along with spreading the gospel, which in some,places they can only spread just by being there to help..

If they were going to flee they would. Not go in the first place, I think is the case,in most of these,places, or they can't leave ..

And I'll go to lunch with you and Sera, and Regina any time..Just no Mexican food ...though I did go to Mexico once and ate,NOTHING spicy!! Lol
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#538347 May 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Okay guys, I have to digress here for a moment. As a health care worker that believes passionately in the power of prayer, I want to ask the Christians here to pray for one of my patients. This young man is only 31 years old and he's in ESRD. A few minutes ago I tested his glucose level and it registered at 1273. Extremely high. High enough that it has affected his brain i.e. his mental state. Please set aside your differences with me and ask our heavenly father to touch this young man.
Prayer offered - please keep us informed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#538350 May 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another "judgemental Protestant" who has chosen to "relieve God of HIS " responsibility as to who is going to heaven and who is going to hell---- as well as who is saved and who is not!---It is "no wonder" that bible only Protestants and their ministers are leaving their " man-made denominations by the thousands, and finding the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation as well as the TRUE interpretation of Gods Word that He gave us over 2000 years ago--in and through His One (and only one) a True Apostolic a Catholic Church ---the Bride of Christ
www.gracecentered.com/....forum/.....converti...
~~~
YOU WROTE
Another "judgemental Protestant" who has chosen to "relieve God of HIS " responsibility as to who is going to heaven and who is going to hell---- as well as who is saved and who is not!--
~~~

GOD SENDS NO ONE TO HELL...

HE PROVIDED THE WAY....OF ETERNAL LIFE ....

Heb_2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

JESUS SAID...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

GOD PROVIDED THE WAY AND SENT THE INVITATION.

IF MAN REJECTS IT AND SPURNS .THE INVITATION... HE BURNS BECAUSE OF HIS

OWN CHOICES .BY HIS BLATANT DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD..

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#538351 May 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you are right, you do make mistakes some times, such as belong to the campbellite church
God has Not replaced Israel as Is shows as well as Jer. the Born Again(you don't qualify) Believer is grafted into the true Vine, which is Israel.
the question to you and others that are ignorant is this.
how can Israel be replaced when we are grafted into it? it cant ,is the answer here is what Paul says.
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root" (Romans 11:17) here we read that we are grafted in and now share in the sap from the olive root(Israel).
it is strange that some of us can read and understand but others cant. isn't it?
If God has replaced Israel, why then did God send Jesus to Israel first.
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
imagine that. god has replaced Israel with the catholic church, but yet Jesus never visited roma.lol
and lets take it further, Jesus told His Disciples these words.These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not.
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
doesn't sound like He has forgot about them.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Laws into their mind and write them in their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." (see also Jeremiah 31:31-37)
This is an unconditional physical promise made to a physical people and it has been kept.
Preston,

To save only Israel was too small of a mission for God’s son.

Jesus would save to the ends of the earth.

Isaiah 49:6

6 he says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

Did God show love only to the Israelites?

We know that Jesus had Gentile followers.....

John 12:20-21

20 Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival.

21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request.“Sir,” they said,“we would like to see Jesus.”
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538352 May 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry, but its way to early for me to start dating again.
Darn. It's your picture. I couldn't resist.

Actually, a serious question, which you would have no reason to suspect here, sorry. I'll Google it.

ramen

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#538353 May 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Discernable reality? Not all the answers?
OK, I'll bite, exactly what answers do you have?
ramen
Gods R Delusions

Peace

In a soil of mostly clay, little will grow, and of all clay nothing grows.

The overwhelming greenery in the southern part of Louisiana, is because all nutrients are covering the surface of clay. Root systems only spread just under the surface, without any taproot(so to speak). And the weather breaks down biomass very quickly...

Peace
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#538354 May 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhhhhhh! So what you're saying is that since we are no longer under the law, and if I am a homosexual then I can simply ignore that law that forbids us to practice homosexuality since as you say that law no longer applies or any other law that forbade us to do this or to do that.
My Bible states that sin is the transgression of the law and where no law is then there is no sin.
In other worlds since the law has been done away with I can sleep with all the men I like as a homosexual since the law forbidding that practice has been done away with along with all the other laws of the Bible. In other words according to you, anything in the OT no longer applies. I'm gonna start dating men again cause according to you THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT.
Given your logic then it impossible for anyone to sin. Scripture states that sin is the transgression of the law. How can one sin if there is no law then ? You know what I think my friend? If anyone listens to you, THEY'RE GONNA BURST HELL WIDE OPEN.
LOL.....LOL.....

I guess you have NO understanding what the Law of Christ is.......

Galatians 6:2

2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 10:1

10 The law (LAW OF MOSES) is only a SHADOW of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min It aint necessari... 39,095
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min Steve III 44,480
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Jack 213
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 970,214
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,794
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr Aussie Kev 1,756
DEFEND our BORDERS 3 hr ILLEGALS GANGS CA... 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 618,462
More from around the web