Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647101 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#538316 May 19, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, no I'll just pray for you:)
Pray for yourself....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#538317 May 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
For the Christian that rightly divides the word, he can see that God has a plan for the Jew they have not been permanently cast off. God's plan for this ancient people is revealed through the NT that he will have them turn back to Him. In fact, the Jew remains as a mystery of history, insolvable apart from this revelation. they have been the object of persecution and hatred, yet the the Jew remains, when many of his persecutors have gone. God is sovereign as he works history to its final goal.
"I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee" (Gen. 12:3). while this is ignored by many we have seen this in employed with saddam hussain reaping the repucussions for his assaslts.
Israel is God's time clock the key to prophecy. God spoke to Moses reminding him of what he spoke to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Exod 6:4-6 "I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers. "And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant. you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. "His intention was to bring them into the promised land to dwell.
Deut 31:29 "For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands."
Thanks you're better at scripture than I am..

God does not lie. He will keep His,promise to Abraham ...and I don't understand how any Christian can doubt this, especially in modern times.

Peace and God bless
marge

Leesburg, GA

#538318 May 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY COUNTRIES EVEN NATIONS HAVE TRIED TO EXTERMINATE THE JEWS, WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, "Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed." Then they will begin to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" (Luke 23:28-30).
History records that the Jewish people have gone through terrible persecution as Jesus predicted. From the Middle Ages, the Holocaust in World War II. the Jews have been a persecuted race, like no other people in history, yet they survive.
So true Ltm and the hate remains today, one is either with God or against Him to this day.

Do you think we should have lunch with these Catholic girls Regina and Seri?

Location hidden

#538319 May 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that its almost 100% Catholic or Orthodox Christians who are being killed in the middle east. I'm not sayin there isn't a born again evangelical presence there, but they are largely anonymous in the east. Maybe I'm wrong, i just have never heard of Protestant Christians having a base anywhere in the Holy Land.
I include protestants that are there tho in fewer numbers but all are Christians. The catholics and orthodoxs that are being killed are being killed for being Christians not catholic or orthodox.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#538320 May 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
A proven thief's claims are meaningless without a permalink.
Got a permalink to me lying, thief?
I thought not.
And yet I can provide a permalink to you thieving.
Odd that, eh?
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#538321 May 19, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>According to the poster named TRUTH, I can be a homosexual if I want to because there is no law against it. Truth stated that the law has been abolished and we are no longer under the law. Therefore there is no law against being a homosexual. That's according to the poster that goes by the moniker called Truth.
hank admitted that he isn't always right and in this case he is wrong again.

not one person on here it seems realizes that when Jesus [fulfilled] the Law, the [moral} issues were what he also meant. and your lifestyle is in that sector as to what He fulfilled.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#538322 May 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That link wasn't about Jews killing Christians. It was about the current persecution going on in the middle east.
I'm curious though, why you still call the Jews "the apple of Gods eye" when they clearly murdered in the name of God. I don't deny that members of the Catholic Church murdered. But I wouldn't be so ignorant as you, to dismantle the Church cuz of those sins.
Are we talking about the lost children of Israel? Anyone?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#538323 May 19, 2014
Are we inviting Rosie?

Location hidden

#538324 May 19, 2014
Time for candy crush and cookie jam..lol nite
marge

Leesburg, GA

#538325 May 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I include protestants that are there tho in fewer numbers but all are Christians. The catholics and orthodoxs that are being killed are being killed for being Christians not catholic or orthodox.
Why do the catholic and orthodox fight instead of flee?

I'm not talking to just you Seri, your post was handy.

Flee the sword seems more Christian.
truth

Australia

#538326 May 19, 2014
i wrote you how looks purgatory
as dirty mud
see
i wrote you
how looks white dress and altar
why
who been slaughtered
see how looks kvrc in head
very tall upon graveyard then start move then many start move in
Jesus is risen

see
i know for your straighten
pray for priests
truth

Australia

#538327 May 19, 2014
I know you not dined my name.
who?

my priest give me cross INRI as gift
not bible

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#538328 May 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY COUNTRIES EVEN NATIONS HAVE TRIED TO EXTERMINATE THE JEWS, WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, "Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed." Then they will begin to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" (Luke 23:28-30).
History records that the Jewish people have gone through terrible persecution as Jesus predicted. From the Middle Ages, the Holocaust in World War II. the Jews have been a persecuted race, like no other people in history, yet they survive.
Actually they were Kenites instead of actual members of the tribe of Judah. These Kenites calling themselves Jews (Rev 2:9 and 3:9) and were not members of that true tribe of Judah have over the years caused the true members of Judah to be blamed for many things they were not guilty of. After the tribe of Judah was thoroughly infiltrated by kenites after the return from Babylonian captivity (Ezra 2) these Kenites totally took over the temple duties and started calling themselves Jews until today you can't tell who they really are. That's why Christ stated to leave them be and to not to try to weed them out but in the end the Angels will gather them (the chaff to be burned) from the wheat.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#538329 May 19, 2014
Catlics say God got it wrong again....they say Peter was the first pope..which gave him dominion and authority over the other apostles..he was chief among the apostles...

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#538330 May 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your intentions are well known. For someone that is so innocent you say a lot....
lol...not by anyone with any intellectual capacity. Sorry, but you just don't matter that much. Tell you what....I'll try really hard to think about you the next time I cite an article. Feel better now? Got the attention you were seeking?

Location hidden

#538331 May 19, 2014
LTM; some very good posts tonight, and they are right on.

in one Scripture God speaks about Israel, and he says if man can break His covenant between night and day, he will forget about Israel and restoring the Land to them.

"This is what the LORD says:'If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night no longer come at their appointed time,
then my covenant with David my servant--and my covenant with the Levites who are priests ministering before me--can be broken and David will no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne.

there has to be, then, a Nation for Jesus to reign over. God used a rod to punish Israel, NOT a sword to destroy her.

Verse 34.- My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips

amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. prophecy fulfilled right before our eyes and now the romans want to take it away from Israel but now God says NO!!!!

GOT THAT REG AND CLAY. NO, NO, NO, AND MORE NO!!!!!!!!!!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#538332 May 19, 2014
Israel

Most Christians residing permanently in Israel are Arabs, numbering roughly 135,000, who belong to Greek Orthodox and to a lesser degree Latin and Greek Catholic (Melkite) Churches. Smaller communities of Middle Eastern Christian peoples in Israel also include the Lebanese Maronites, Assyrians, Armenians, Georgians, Copts and Messianic Jews. During the 1990s, the Christian community had been increased due to the immigration of Jewish-Christian mixed marriages, who had predominantly arrived from the countries of the former Soviet Union. This added another 20–30 thousands of mostly Greek Orthodox Christians with Russian and Ukrainian ancestry.

In recent years, the Christian population in Israel has increased significantly by the migration of foreign workers from a number of countries (predominantly the Philippines and Romania). Numerous churches have opened in Tel Aviv, in particular.[33]

Nine churches are officially recognised under Israel's confessional system, for the self-regulation of status issues, such as marriage and divorce. These are the Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic (Latin rite), Gregorian-Armenian, Armenian Catholic, Syriac Catholic, Chaldean (Uniate), Melkite (Greek Catholic), Assyrian Church of the East, Ethiopian Orthodox, Maronite and Syriac Orthodox churches.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...

Location hidden

#538333 May 19, 2014
truth wrote:
I know you not dined my name.
who?
my priest give me cross INRI as gift
not bible
let me give you a hint. Jesus is not on the cross anymore. he is Risen. and the Bible would be much more of a Blessing for you to receive.

the bible gives life, that cross took lives, sometimes even as much as 6,000 men were killed by the Romans on the Apian Way. read about it and then leave that sick irreligious system called the roman catholic church and have nothing else to do with it. as God commands you to do.

Location hidden

#538334 May 19, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...not by anyone with any intellectual capacity. Sorry, but you just don't matter that much. Tell you what....I'll try really hard to think about you the next time I cite an article. Feel better now? Got the attention you were seeking?
that acidic tongue of yours will curse your soul throughout Eternity, while you spend your time in hell.

there is no hope in the pope, most, if not all of them will be walking beside you trying to escape the fires of hell.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#538335 May 19, 2014
Because of the lack of a full understanding of the implications of the biology of reproduction, earlier writers tended to identify abortion with contraception. However, of late a new view has taken hold among Orthodox writers and thinkers on this topic, which permits the use of certain contraceptive practices within marriage for the purpose of spacing children, enhancing the expression of marital love, and protecting health.
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith/controversiali...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Ooogah Boogah 49,698
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 10 min Sonny Wu 167
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Ooogah Boogah 971,831
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 34 min Steve III 391
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min MUQ2 281,296
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,733
for fiend friend 1 hr ravi 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,693
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 7 hr poptropaa 44
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 16 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web