Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538048 May 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Now I must start my day.Will check back later to see who is the better Christian and is living as Christ would want you too...
ME!

No name-calling here :o)

What do I win?

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538049 May 19, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you dont know what you are talking about and saying things like Rome is not Israel is more evidence you have no clue what you are talking about.
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/replacemen...
I am confident that 99% of Israelis would strongly disagree, but that would be (dare I say)... reality.

I blame psychologists and the media for the confusion.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538050 May 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church IS the new Israel. What on earth would make you think the Church Jesus started is second fiddle to those who killed Him and most of His apostles?
!!

These thugs can't let go.

The Jews killed Jesus, and no lying Pope is going to change that traditional teaching.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538051 May 19, 2014
FINALLY, I get it now.

There's a group of enlightened Catholics whose mission in life is to make Born-Agains seem normal by comparison.

They are doing an outstanding job too.

ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#538053 May 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion....
Your faith forces you to deny reality (there are many changed RCC teachings) and reason ("One true Church" bank one of the most corrupt in world).
So you invent ways to avoid reality, with statements such as:
"Here is my assumption when people use writings from the past. They tend to use them to make a point......"
Really? That from a Catholic, whose entire faith world is built on writings from the past. So how can you justify your "one true" faith with recent history or writings? No need to amplify there.
I don't believe you are THAT dumb. Something makes you sound that way. I wonder what it could be?
Better stick to "debating" Born-Agains. When it comes to turning faith into fact, reasoning doesn't work. Even Martin Luther knew that 500 years ago.
You do want honesty, right?
ramen
If Robert wanted honesty, he would not BE under the spell of religion period.

The Jews faithful to Judaism didn't need any advise from Catholics, as the one-god dogma worked to THEIR favor, as they wrote in their book of lies that THEY were GOD's chosen few.

The ex-Jew Catholics were jealous of Judaism and the claims that the one GOD had a sealed and signed covenant with the Jews, and the Catholics WANTED that GOD to LOVE only them ... NOT the Jews.

Childish games of who the god actually favored ended up with centuries of torture and murder ... all under the banner of the word LOVE!

Insanity!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538054 May 19, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text> What? I have gone through pages and pages of this thread and this Rose is a fruit cake along with you and Seraphima .
Right on cue.

Another Roman Catholic just doing their job.

God's Will.

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#538055 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I see some justice in that. The CC did the same thing with the Jew's Holy Book. Perversion 101.
Like how many Catholics ever knew what the Jews meant by "son of God?"
Recently, the RCC finally admitted one lie. The Jewish word they had always insisted meant "virgin" really means "young woman." I wonder how many Jews were killed for telling the truth to inquisitors?
Who knows? Maybe in another 100,000 years, the RCC will come clean on the rest?
ramen
If the Catholic hierarchy cleansed itself of all its lies ... they would have no religion, as the people would clearly see that their stories were fabricated to create a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538056 May 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Robert wanted honesty, he would not BE under the spell of religion period.
The Jews faithful to Judaism didn't need any advise from Catholics, as the one-god dogma worked to THEIR favor, as they wrote in their book of lies that THEY were GOD's chosen few.
The ex-Jew Catholics were jealous of Judaism and the claims that the one GOD had a sealed and signed covenant with the Jews, and the Catholics WANTED that GOD to LOVE only them ... NOT the Jews.
Childish games of who the god actually favored ended up with centuries of torture and murder ... all under the banner of the word LOVE!
Insanity!!!
Sure, but who cares?

This is as much fun as Northern Ireland :o)

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#538057 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
What we call "spiritual" could well be portions of the Universe we cannot experience directly with our limited senses.
ramen
The word "spiritual" exists because of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

spir·it·u·al

adjective: spiritual

of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
"I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare"

of or relating to religion or religious belief.

https://www.google.ca/#q=spiritual+definition
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#538058 May 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholic hierarchy cleansed itself of all its lies ... they would have no religion, as the people would clearly see that their stories were fabricated to create a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.
When pigs fly :o)

ramen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#538059 May 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....My prophecy is coming true. The old Anthony is back!!
...What happened to the NEW kinder, gentler, Anthony?
.....How many times is this now?(lol)
When have I ever been kinder and gentler with presten the egomaniacal kook and blowhard who thinks he's St. Paul re-born?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#538060 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Impressive dsiplay of faith.
ramen
Not sure when I've ever given you the impression that your opinion matters to me...maybe Mike or June enjoys being stroked by you, but that's about it.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#538061 May 19, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you dont know what you are talking about and saying things like Rome is not Israel is more evidence you have no clue what you are talking about.
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/replacemen...
Oh, good Lord, don't tell me she's now going around telling people we're saying Rome is Israel!
Hopefully she'll read your link and be able to process exactly who and what Israel is. I'm surprised at her lack of understanding of something so basic.

Prince George, Canada

#538062 May 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not replacement. Peter and the apostles were a part of the continuity. Or the 'old flowing into the new'.
"The old flowing into the new" was a Catholic term.

The Protestants used it as their term of endearment towards the Catholic religion.

Martin Luther flowed the Catholic bible right into Protestantism ... slick as could be.

The Catholics flowed the Talmud of the Jews right into the new testament ... slick as could be.

Peter and the apostles were characters made up as Jews that chose to favor the Catholic religion over Judaism.

Those theologians were masters of bullshit.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#538063 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Right on cue.
Another Roman Catholic just doing their job.
God's Will.
ramen
Or maybe just a neutral observer?

Prince George, Canada

#538064 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Love your links. Try to find shorter ones next time. My attention span is only 2.20 seconds. I am a robot and that article took 3.52 seconds due to scrolling time.
ramen
Stop nagging!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#538065 May 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....My prophecy is coming true. The old Anthony is back!!
...What happened to the NEW kinder, gentler, Anthony?
.....How many times is this now?(lol)
Defending their personalized cults prevents them from being kind to each other.

Prince George, Canada

#538066 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>!!
These thugs can't let go.
The Jews killed Jesus, and no lying Pope is going to change that traditional teaching.
Ramen
The Catholic religion was built on the lie that Jews killed Jesus.

They can't give it up now, or the whole religion would fall comparable to a house of cards.

Jews faithful to Judaism would have had no reason to kill Jesus if he had lived and stayed faithful TO Judaism.

And if he had strayed from Judaism they would have killed him because he had betrayed them.

THAT is common sense.

May the house of cards built on lies fall from lack of belief. That is MY wish.

Prince George, Canada

#538067 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Sure, but who cares?
This is as much fun as Northern Ireland :o)
ramen
If these Catholics and Protestants couldn't tell each other that they are not loved because they belong to the wrong religion ... it would ruin their day and days to come.

They love to GLOAT and pretend that the gloating is based on LOVE.

Prince George, Canada

#538068 May 19, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure when I've ever given you the impression that your opinion matters to me...maybe Mike or June enjoys being stroked by you, but that's about it.
If I "stroked" your religion as being based on the one and only universal truth, would my opinion THEN matter to you???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min It aint necessari... 70,104
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min Revise Herstory 445,502
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 25 min ATHEOI 9,501
Horny snapchat usernames 33 min Jay 10
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 37 min Poppyann 2,979
Snapchat fun 2 accounts 39 min Ju_wontonsoup 1
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 53 min Dave 21
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,936
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 974,632
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 282,869