Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,294
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537515 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO in their right mind would want to know more about Catholicism???
Is it not enough that the Catholic church fathers slaughtered innocent Jews for centuries by claiming they killed a savior (Ihcuc) that never even existed.
I noticed that I didn't receive negative icons on this post.

Amazing!!!

At one time I would have called every nasty expletive "in the book."

Prince George, Canada

#537516 May 16, 2014
I would have "been" called

Prince George, Canada

#537517 May 16, 2014
Judaism 101

Conservative Jews usually use the word "synagogue," which is actually a Greek translation of Beit K'nesset and means "place of assembly" (it's related to the word "synod").

Reform Jews use the word "temple," because they consider every one of their meeting places to be equivalent to, or a replacement for, The Temple in Jerusalem.

The use of the word "temple" to describe modern houses of prayer offends some traditional Jews, because it trivializes the importance of The Temple. The word "shul," on the other hand, is unfamiliar to many modern Jews. When in doubt, the word "synagogue" is the best bet, because everyone knows what it means, and I've never known anyone to be offended by it.

http://www.jewfaq.org/shul.htm
marge

Ames, IA

#537518 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Except that you don't know what Catholicism is, nor do you want to.
We know that the Catholicism you share with us day after day is unbiblical, as we show you from the Bible day after day.

Prince George, Canada

#537519 May 16, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that the Catholicism you share with us day after day is unbiblical, as we show you from the Bible day after day.
The Catholics used to kill each other over who had the "correct" meanings from the words in the bible.

Does that make any sense in your world of religious entertainment???

I suggest you keep in mind that the first Protestants WERE Catholics, and they didn't spare the ammunition that ended many lives.

If the government hadn't stopped the killing by making it a law to kill in the name of religion, I suggest you nitwits would still be at it ... bible in one hand and sword or gun in the other.

Stupid, stupid humans.
truth

Perth, Australia

#537520 May 16, 2014
please forgive me..who wrote before i am jelouse god and going put you in fire..
its not me
nooooooooo

another things don't close with spiritual way you can find materialistic too
its written
you can find what is lost
its written
god left law trough time and space
What you try hide?

maybe you asked for prove
to god nothing you need ad or prove

its written

dear God who is lost and hopeless
please help us
Whats problem when people please?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537521 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she says was protestant. Who really cares what she says....
Your delusion won't allow you not to "care."

You are drawn to June like a moth to a flame.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#537522 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......why would you associate with murders and adulterers? Why don't you answer the question instead of your silly mirror games......again.
Because your comments are "nothing" but a list of exaggerated and overblown anti-catholic
BS that is generated by your "agenda drive" vengeance that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HiS One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... For you Michael , it is an "agnostic game" of "spinning the Truth" desperately hoping that "someone--anyone " will be,gullible enough to believe the "hype" that "" entertains you. 24/7.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#537523 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Replace "Roman Catholic Church" with "The Church" and most of the bullet points are taught and believed by all of the ancient Churches.
One area that confuses you is the fact that a Church father may not write about a dogma that hadn't yet been defined. The apostolic fathers were not declaring the dogma of the Trinity as it had not yet been declared at council, the canon had not yet been decided, the role of the Theotokos, etc. So, no, St. Cyril would not be "hell bound" and neither would any other Christian BEFORE a dogma is defined.
Defined b y who Anthony, and who declares a person is hell bound. That is not up to a man to decided, man can not make those kinds of decisions before or after a man made council.
Dogma is only a word for doctrine of ones beliefs.
The only council man should seek is that of Almighty God , before and after talking to any man of such thing that only God has authority over.
truth

Perth, Australia

#537524 May 16, 2014
don't accuse..

I am fine!
truth

Perth, Australia

#537525 May 16, 2014
then hojo
why nothing is zero=0
Are you for sure matematicmission is not start or used nothing=0?
How you can be a secure when start nothing=0 even security?
truth

Perth, Australia

#537526 May 16, 2014
Why people liked numbers?
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#537527 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that I didn't receive negative icons on this post.
Amazing!!!
At one time I would have called every nasty expletive "in the book."
LOL June - You spoke too soon. I'll give you a couple of more suitable icons :)
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#537528 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I would have "been" called
It's amazing how the "religious" here can become the most vicious of all when they get angry - their Christian charity becomes non-existent :)
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#537529 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your delusion won't allow you not to "care."
You are drawn to June like a moth to a flame.
Perhaps a romance in the making?

Naw, June's too smart for him.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#537530 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you an example of the absurdity of sola scriptura and private judgement which you worship as an idol; you say it's absurd to teach that justification is not by faith alone, yet St. James explicitly says so. What's your authority to change what he said?
LOL more stupid dumb dumb posts

First your definition of Sola scriptoria is made up in your fantasy world.
You would not look so dumb if you stuck to trying to refute what sola Scriptoria is then your imagenery version of it.

BUT that is here nor there YOUR SECT claims to be the ONE I don't make that claim for my Sect nor do Evangelical Christian Sects.

So what if Sola scriptoria is bunk it does not prove the RCC is the One.

And every time I post compelling evidence that RCC is not like Early Church fathers who rejected Papacy instead of addressing those facts you ignore them and attack what I believe all be it you completely miss represent what I believe.

Thanks for that conformation you have no case.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#537531 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Two posts and you've called me at least 4 names. Shining example you display.
By what authority do you discard the teachings of Luther and Calvin? It can't be the bible because they used it too. Do you think you're smarter and better educated?
Yes I am better educated than both that is a fact.

In the Sciences and languages.

I also have at my disposal more information more ancient manuscripts then they did.
I also have at my disposal more highly educated theologians and their take on the evidence.

All at the clique of a mouse or touch on a touch screen.

I also don't live under the threat of the gallows or execution like they did I do not have to seek out hiding places for fear of Rome's army's inquisitors and Hench men coming to assassinate me in the name of God.

But this just another rabbit trail where you try to attack the messenger because you can't refute the message.

Your tactics are dumb illogical and simple minded, that is not name calling that is speaking the truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#537532 May 16, 2014
Its ok what ever you have
must be very interesting.
why our lovely god always choose
poor neglected who is left and so on..
why
win over who is highly educated..

Are you for sure I am wrong?

Its not good be accuser!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#537533 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the ancient Churches teach the same regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass and the other sacraments. They all believe Mary is ever virgin and Theotokos. How can that be if Rome invented it all?
Well you got one thing right it was invented after the fact.
But I never said that Rome invented it all that's you miss representing the facts and trying to associate your made up straw man argument with me. Decitful for sure on your part.

Second the RCC, the Orthodox Churches, the Coptic churches are not ancient by definition as they would have to be Pre 1AD. some scholars use the fall of the Western Roman Empire 480 AD as the end of Ancient times but your SECT the Coptic SECT the Orthodox SECTS all came after this time.

The issue for you is that per 500 AD Mary ever virgin assumption of Mary Sinless Mary was actually taught by early church fathers to be false.

The Eucharist being the Real Presence was a 50 50 split through out early church history.

But then what you call ancient churches are just splits in the RCC LOL like t the Eastern Catholic Church in 1054AD
truth

Perth, Australia

#537534 May 16, 2014
depend how you think under virgin
for me its
-don't lift up your soul in vain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 4 min Stuart Cudahy 21
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 267,463
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Hidingfromyou 795,616
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min mike 607,215
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 4
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr BenAdam 589
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 175,867
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr Fix that rodentloder 120,740
More from around the web