Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678814 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537832 May 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The so-called world-renowned psychic Sylvia Brown was one huge bundle of ego that was wrong on many occasions, which in turn devastated families already suffering from the loss of loved-ones.
If you go to this site you will have an indication of how many times Sylvia was way off base with her supposed "intuitions."
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/psychic_defecti...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Terrence Farrell. Browne told a woman that Farrell, a firefighter involved in 9/11, was alive.6 She was wrong. His body was found in the rubble one month later.7
Interesting artilce. Mrs. Browne uses the same tactics as the RCC.

Neither are wrong, they are just misunderstood or misinterpreted, or they wait long enough for people to forget what was actually said in the first place.

Today, we can research and bust both. But many people WANT TO BELIEVE, so facts are set aside by the mind.

It's called Specious Reasoning. Benny Hinn relies on the same thing.

ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537833 May 18, 2014
gort wrote:
"To study the ritualistic superstitious beliefs in other religions, can help devotees to realize that their own rituals and superstitions are not of value to others."
superstitious, ritualistic beliefs motivated missionaries to proselytize the heathen world with fervent devotion to christ, and still do
To the Muslims, the Christians are heathen infidels.

The Muslim savior is known as "the Mahdi."

Had you been born a Muslim you would be preaching Islam as the only truth in the universe.

Prince George, Canada

#537834 May 18, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer one question?
What type of intelect continually debates with an idiot?
ramen :o)
If pusherman can't persuade an idiot such as me to believe such "divine spiritual advise" ... the mission becomes hopeless.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

That's pusherman's motto.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#537835 May 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Neither are wrong, they are just misunderstood or misinterpreted, or they wait long enough for people to forget what was actually said in the first place.
Today, we can research and bust both. But many people WANT TO BELIEVE, so facts are set aside by the mind.
ramen
Sylvia Brown told Montel Williams on one of his shows, that he would not have to reincarnate back to earth again.

Prince George, Canada

#537836 May 18, 2014
<quoted text>
ramen
Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still.

Dale Carnegie
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537837 May 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest if you see an advertisement "Spiritual Teacher," you choose to travel in the opposite direction.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Sylvia Browne: Psychic or Con Artist?
In addition to royalties from books, Sylvia derived income from lecture tours, hotel performances, private telephone and face-to-face "readings," and "spiritual salons" in which she answered several questions. In 2008, Robert Lancaster, who tracked Browne's activities closely for many years, estimated that her gross income from readings alone was at least $3 million per year.
http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/browne.html
I love Quackwatch.org .

"The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) offers a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event."

That challenge has been there for years. Benny Hinn? Anyone?

Shame on all quacks for taking advantage of the gulible, including the most shameful of all - religious clergy.

ramen

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#537838 May 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If past, present and future ARE one, as Einstein indicated, then it doesn't surprise me that some humans are more intuitive than others and can see glimpses of what seems to be future events.
However I suggest that intuition is not trustworthy, as human ego tends to overrule intuition and fantasy can be nothing more than illusion.
For instance, it was fantasy that created religion. Muslims are certain that Christians will burn in Islam's hell. Catholics were and some still are certain that Protestants will burn in Catholic hell, and Protestants are still certain that Catholics will burn in Protestant hell.
Do you see the foolhardiness of such fantasies???
June

You are not intuitive, but have a great fantasy life.

Muslims do not think/believe that Christians end up in hell. And a Christian does not believe the reverse. Nor do Protestants and Catholics. The central axis within all monotheistic religions is a belief in God and to do His Will. The rest is extraneous.

Such a fantasy as yours is derived from only surface examples of those out of control, put out by polemic pundits, to which you believe.

Great fantasy life June, for someone who professes to be so "feet on the ground".

Prince George, Canada

#537839 May 18, 2014
Those in religion don't appreciate the fact that I am willing to place my value on one moment at a time and wait until I die to either awaken to awareness in another form of life, or to simply die and be no more.

They want me to go riding off with them in their euphoric hypnotic trances to fantasy "land."

Been there ... done that.

It ain't gonna happen no more!

Prince George, Canada

#537840 May 18, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Muslims do not think/believe that Christians end up in hell. And a Christian does not believe the reverse. Nor do Protestants and Catholics. The central axis within all monotheistic religions is a belief in God and to do His Will. The rest is extraneous.
Such a fantasy as yours is derived from only surface examples of those out of control, put out by polemic pundits, to which you believe.
Great fantasy life June, for someone who professes to be so "feet on the ground".
You know full well that the Muslims, Catholics and Protestants entertain the idea that each other will end up in hell, and that the selves will be rewarded with eternal bliss.

You are a see-through liar ... as usual.

Prince George, Canada

#537841 May 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I love Quackwatch.org .
"The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) offers a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event."
That challenge has been there for years. Benny Hinn? Anyone?
Shame on all quacks for taking advantage of the gulible, including the most shameful of all - religious clergy.
ramen
Every preacher of religion on this forum believes he/she is an accredited theologian of the highest authority.

If that were not so, they would not be preaching.

Prince George, Canada

#537842 May 18, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Maybe you are right.

That is why I would never tell other people that a god was leading me, and that a devil was leading them.

I could be totally WRONG ... couldn't I Robert???

Prince George, Canada

#537843 May 18, 2014
Occam's Razor

Many scientists have adopted or reinvented Occam's Razor as in Leibniz' "identity of observables" and Isaac Newton stated the rule: "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

http://www.weburbia.com/physics/occam.html
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537844 May 18, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Ahhhhhh, the new and imporved, politically correct form of Christianity.

Can you provide us with a link demonstating that prior to Vatican2, the RCC taught that Protestants were capable of salvation?

I'll go first: from V2

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rcc_salv.ht... #

"But in its Constitution the Church now solemnly acknowledges that the Holy Ghost is truly active in the churches and communities separated from itself. "
Note the word "now."

So please show us -- an actual, researchable link would be nice -- that this was not a change in teaching. Otherwise, it appears to be so.

Peace and ramen

PS -- President Kennedy had to get special permission from the Church to even attend non-Catholic worship services in an official capacity. But I'm open minded and willing to admit mistakes. Just show us. Thanks.

Prince George, Canada

#537845 May 18, 2014
Professor Peter Higgs: Atheist scientist admits he doesn't believe in 'god Particle'

The scientist behind the Higgs boson, Prof Peter Higgs, has urged people to stop calling it the God particle, because he's an atheist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...

Prince George, Canada

#537846 May 18, 2014
So did they allow people to die on days that it was "not safe" to give them medicine???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Medicinal days. In ancient practice, the 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 18th, etc., of a disease; so called because according to HIPPOCRATES NO CRISIS occurs on these days and medicine may be safely administered.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537847 May 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Every preacher of religion on this forum believes he/she is an accredited theologian of the highest authority.
If that were not so, they would not be preaching.
Does me calling you an "Idiot" offend you June? I notice how you can answer and project other people and thoughts, except question asked about yourself, why is that? surly you don't take offense to anything said, cause that would sure be Hypocritical of you, We couldn't have that knowing how much you hate the word..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537848 May 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are right.
That is why I would never tell other people that a god was leading me, and that a devil was leading them.
I could be totally WRONG ... couldn't I Robert???
The ability to be wrong is an advantage over RCC teaching, which "never changes."

You can just say "I was wroing." The RCC has to write books about how the prior Popes didn't really mean what they taught, "Papal infallibility" had to be redefined, etc., etc.

So much effort to keep the delusion intact. Is that really moral or ethical in the first place?

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537849 May 18, 2014
Observe the thread of Catholic lies that lead to centuries of Jewish slaughter.
>>>>>>> >>>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - Jerusalem
Crucifixion of Jesus b.c.6 BCE by order of Pontius Pilate.

apr 03 - Jerusalem Jesus, crucified according to astronomer Humphreys & Waddington.

x - The Ministry of Jesus. u.33

apr 07 - Christ crucified, dies. according to astronomer Schaefer.

x - Christianity
splits away from Judaism
- Christianity
Paul
preaches Christianity in Greece
u.51.

x - Christianity The first Council of the Church at Jerusalem.

, probably because of riots between the Jews and the Christians.

christianity
was considered a Jewish sect
x - Christianity
Paul
writes Thessalonians while at Corinth.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537850 May 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Does me calling you an "Idiot" offend you June? I notice how you can answer and project other people and thoughts, except question asked about yourself, why is that? surly you don't take offense to anything said, cause that would sure be Hypocritical of you, We couldn't have that knowing how much you hate the word..
lol, exactly what makes you think she was offended? She loves it, "idiot."

Stop digging, the hole is deep enough already. Personal faith is a good thing, until you start digging the hole.

Good advice. Your posts are funny, until you get angry. Think about it :o)

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537851 May 18, 2014
<quoted text>
The ability to be wrong is an advantage over RCC teaching, which "never changes."
You can just say "I was wroing." The RCC has to write books about how the prior Popes didn't really mean what they taught, "Papal infallibility" had to be redefined, etc., etc.
So much effort to keep the delusion intact. Is that really moral or ethical in the first place?
ramen
If such lies are moral, then religion IS moral.

Whether centuries of bloodshed came from human decency ... is plain for those that want to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min swampmudd 2,315
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Aerobatty 118,868
Slop em again and again God!!! 1 hr doG nDaedn Hloy r... 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,832
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 4 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web