Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#537552 May 17, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't the early writings be able to construct 98% of your Bible? Duh. I guaranteed they construct 98% of Ignatius letters; Clements and Barnabes too.
The Bible was compiled so the church would read only the inspired Books at Mass. The Bible was not compiled so fundies can go on a Bible verse scavenger hunt. The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not a collection of Books.
A Temple in the Lord
19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,…
Liam

Aurora, CO

#537554 May 17, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN..OF THE SPIRIT..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
AT THE TIME OF YOUR DEATH ,
,NO MATTER WHO PRAYS FOR YOU ....the living or the dead
.YOU WILL STILL SPLIT HELL WIDE OPEN....
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Awesome! I bet you salivate just like Preston and CIB at the thought of a billion Catholics going to hell, and their last thoughts were: "we should have listened to those Pentecostal United Evangelical Presbyterian Baptist Adventist Church of Christ Methodists Episcopalian Pastors!!
Anthony MN

United States

#537555 May 17, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am better educated than both that is a fact.
In the Sciences and languages.
I also have at my disposal more information more ancient manuscripts then they did.
I also have at my disposal more highly educated theologians and their take on the evidence.
All at the clique of a mouse or touch on a touch screen.
I also don't live under the threat of the gallows or execution like they did I do not have to seek out hiding places for fear of Rome's army's inquisitors and Hench men coming to assassinate me in the name of God.
But this just another rabbit trail where you try to attack the messenger because you can't refute the message.
Your tactics are dumb illogical and simple minded, that is not name calling that is speaking the truth.
Yes, of course you think you're smarter than Luther and Calvin. As does every evangelical fundamentalist who picks up a bible. But what makes you or them an authority? The Internet? Lol. What kind of history book do you have that says they were under threat of execution by the Church?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#537556 May 17, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal OPINIONATED interpretations are the "entire basis" of bible only fundamentalism,(all 42,000+) contradicting and inconsistent interpretations of "what each person decides for themselves as truth)-----in the bible. There are only two words to describe this 18th century "man-made" half-truth Christian doctrine that was never believed by ANYONE until 1789 AD .
CONFUSION and CHAOS.!!!!.....Every bible "only" waiving Protestant fundamentalist has become an expert at distorting, twisting and manipulating THE TRUTH -----"to make it mean ONLY what each person " wants it to mean"-----from the original interpretation of the Word of God that the Early a Church Fathers gave us in 382, 393, 397AD when they WROTE IT!!!!--/---
Alleging that there are 42000 Sola scriptoria sects is dumb because This tally comes from the World Christian Encyclopedia, and it includes all denominations and paradenominations which self-identify as Christian, including Catholics, Orthodox, Protestants, Old Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Gnostics, Bogomils, etc. And even so, the number is too high. The World Christian Encyclopedia artificially inflates the number of Catholic "denominations" by counting Eastern Churches in communion with Rome as separate denominations. It likewise inflates the number of Eastern Orthodox "denominations" by counting Churches in communion with each other as distinct.

So you are so stupid in one post you just shoot yourself in the foot and shoot down your own sect. LOL way to go dumb dumb

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#537557 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
The Bible did not develop over a few centuries this pure hogwash on your part to assert such a falsehood.
Again it is FACT historical that from Early church fathers writings we can reconstruct 98% of the NT from them quoting the NT books as scripture before the end of the 2nd century some 100 years after the last NT book was written.
Jesus who founded his Church said to the disciples he would send the Holy Spirit to remind them, there generation all he had taught them.
NOT that he would send the Holy Spirit to the some Bishop of some SECT in Rome some 1870 years later to remind him that he taught his Mary would be Assumed to heaven.
BTW the Councils never approved anything, they only acknoledged what had already been for some 300 years. The reason it took that long was the Christian Church was under heavy persecution for those years and the faith was banned.
The Councils that did this were not RCC members and what they believed to what you believe are night and day. There was no Pope over popes, all Bishops were equal and had an equal vote.
Your sect and your faith, your false gospel came much much later.
What I don't get is this..

The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days.

I know that what we have is only preserved and written from the Holy Spirit and that's,not my point. And I'm convinced that Matthew and Possibly John at least, and John Mark could certainly have had the words of Jesus written down before they wrote any gospeln in full .
I mean really, they were Jews, they wrote and here is the Messiah . Would they not write a thing until decades later ???? No letters,or notes??? For later use...I think they did..

We shall know,in heaven if God chooses..

Who knows how,much in notations, letters , records etc were DESTROYED in 70 AD.or for that matter during the various persecutions...One reason I'm sure the letters at least we're copied and passed on to the other Churches...to be preserved for Today .

God is,great in His,preserving what we have ....but who knows what was lost
Michael

Canada

#537558 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Another dumb dumb
First I never said he was a contemporary historian but that a side by definition he was.
He lived during the times of the Apostles and he was alive when the eye witnesses to Jesus's resurrection were still alive so he can testify.
Again as I accurately quoted his earliest manuscript he never claimed he was the Christ but that his followers that lived when he was and adult who knew Jesus claimed he was.
His writings were kept by the Romans in their libraries and he was charged by the Romans to keep a historical record.
Again He believed Jesus existed as eye witnesses alive when he was alive testified to that, they all testified to the fact they believed he was the Christ, they also went to death because they believed he was raised from the dead and would not recant and were willing to die for this claim.
You would make a good RC with all these made up straw man arguments.
.....Hearsay is what it is. In the court of law hearsay is not admissible as evidence.

...If Josephus was a devout Jew his entire life why would he refer to him as the Christ? Makes no common sense. Its a BS. Story.

Many religious scholars today believe that some of Josephus writings were forgeries. I can't verify actually that they were forgeries no more than you can factually verify the gospel writings are accurate. Right? You assume that

.....The bible is an accumulation of writings by a biased group of writers, and you can't verify that they are factually true. Its only based on faith.

Every religion has their beliefs regarding their history. They all have their books/documents I am sure you claim yours is true just as they claim theirs is true......

........If one religion had the smoking gun of truth we would all belong to that religion.

.....today after 2,000 long years 77% of our world are not Christians, and when you break it down even more far less than half of Christians do not follow their belief making you a tiny minority.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537559 May 17, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome! I bet you salivate just like Preston and CIB at the thought of a billion Catholics going to hell, and their last thoughts were: "we should have listened to those Pentecostal United Evangelical Presbyterian Baptist Adventist Church of Christ Methodists Episcopalian Pastors!!
~~~

If I enjoyed seeing your deliberate disobedience to God and certain self destruction I would keep silent and just let you slide into hell...on then will you admit the truth.

BUT. meanwhile

I waste my time warning you.while you laugh at my efforts..

You will have millions of years in eternity to lament your decision ..

YOU CANNOT SAY .......... YOU DIDN'T KNOW...

.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

FROM MY DIRECTION for a period of seven years..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537560 May 17, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a romance in the making?
Naw, June's too smart for him.
Yes she is.

Are you available?

ramen
Michael

Canada

#537561 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Another dumb dumb
First I never said he was a contemporary historian but that a side by definition he was.
He lived during the times of the Apostles and he was alive when the eye witnesses to Jesus's resurrection were still alive so he can testify.
Again as I accurately quoted his earliest manuscript he never claimed he was the Christ but that his followers that lived when he was and adult who knew Jesus claimed he was.
His writings were kept by the Romans in their libraries and he was charged by the Romans to keep a historical record.
Again He believed Jesus existed as eye witnesses alive when he was alive testified to that, they all testified to the fact they believed he was the Christ, they also went to death because they believed he was raised from the dead and would not recant and were willing to die for this claim.
You would make a good RC with all these made up straw man arguments.
...Brazil nut......

......outside the biased writings of the new testament their is no world factual information from the entire Mediterranean during this era that this god/man and many of the NT characters actually lived and did what they claimed.

.....No one knows what this man looked like, no one knows what he did to support himself, no one knows when he was born or the date he died. A man today claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived by Christians, yet important things about this man nobody knows.

.....something is terribly wrong Beechnut.

....Was there a street person who tripped around Judea with a few buddies performing miracles or was he a magician of his time like David Copperfield is today?

.....We will never know.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537562 May 17, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, RCC discourages private interpretation of the bible; claims the average person does not qualify to interpret it "properly". Heaven forbid people should think for themselves.
Historically, they have also disouraged the Rule of Law and democracy.

Now the new Pope has bad things to say about the free market system.

So what happened to the Holy Roman Empire?

ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537563 May 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Brazil nut......
......outside the biased writings of the new testament their is no world factual information from the entire Mediterranean during this era that this god/man and many of the NT characters actually lived and did what they claimed.
.....No one knows what this man looked like, no one knows what he did to support himself, no one knows when he was born or the date he died. A man today claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived by Christians, yet important things about this man nobody knows.
....Was there a street person who tripped around Judea with a few buddies performing miracles or was he a magician of his time like David Copperfield is today?
.....We will never know.
Do you wonder why, other than a biased opinion of him not existing?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537564 May 17, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your comments are "nothing" but a list of exaggerated and overblown anti-catholic
I suggest you think back to when you were a faithful Protestant. Were your comments back then nothing but a list of exaggerated overblown anti-Catholic comments???

:)

All religion works that way.

I used to converse with a Wiccan who believed her religion was superior to her previous Catholic religion. She was anti most every religious belief and Atheist belief but her Wicca beliefs, and yet she claimed that those from other religions and Atheists were "welcome" to JOIN Wicca.

Humans are ever entertaining, albeit dumb as bags of hammers.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537565 May 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Brazil nut......
.....We will never know.
Protestants here reject the CC as evil beyond words, but they take the Cathoilic Church's word regarding historical documents -- which were almost certainly altered.

A strange love-hate relationship.

ramen
Michael

Canada

#537566 May 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is this..
The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days.
I know that what we have is only preserved and written from the Holy Spirit and that's,not my point. And I'm convinced that Matthew and Possibly John at least, and John Mark could certainly have had the words of Jesus written down before they wrote any gospeln in full .
I mean really, they were Jews, they wrote and here is the Messiah . Would they not write a thing until decades later ???? No letters,or notes??? For later use...I think they did..
We shall know,in heaven if God chooses..
Who knows how,much in notations, letters , records etc were DESTROYED in 70 AD.or for that matter during the various persecutions...One reason I'm sure the letters at least we're copied and passed on to the other Churches...to be preserved for Today .
God is,great in His,preserving what we have ....but who knows what was lost
...All of what you posted is wild speculation, based on your biased wishful thinking. There are libraries around the world with writings/ records from that era. Start with Philo the Jewish philosopher who wrote exclusively about ordinary/extra ordinary events around Judea. He never once mentions a Jesus or any of the characters in the story and this story according to Christianity lasted 33 years. Miraculous virgin birth, miracles, the earth opening up and deaf people walking around etc. He says Nothing!
.....I could write many things about the civil war giving my own opinion of the outcomes of certain battles but that doesn't mean they were true.
....Matthews gospel contains over 90% of the text of Mark. Did the gospel writers copy each other? We can't even verify that the 4 names associated with the gospels were the actual writers.

...something is wrong Rosez.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537567 May 17, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Defined b y who Anthony, and who declares a person is hell bound. That is not up to a man to decided, man can not make those kinds of decisions before or after a man made council.
Dogma is only a word for doctrine of ones beliefs.
The only council man should seek is that of Almighty God , before and after talking to any man of such thing that only God has authority over.
Oh stop with your lies!!!

Your theologians promote that bible as the only guide on earth to show you how to avoid going to hell in a hereafter.

If you didn't believe you know the answers, you would NOT be a preacher at all.

You know it and I know it and every body that uses their bible KNOWS that is true.

There IS NO other use FOR a bible but to believe you know how to avoid hell and be allowed into heaven.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537568 May 17, 2014
truth wrote:
don't accuse..
I am fine!
You would feel much better about your self if you discarded your religion that reminds you on a daily basis that the supposed creator just might change his mind at any moment and decide to reject you to hell.

Theologians want you to worry, so that you will stay PUT in the cults they designed for you as your emotional trap for your whole life on earth.

Been there ... listened to their words ... and recognized that they didn't know truth or even if it exists other than in imaginary human mentalities.

You have the power to set your self free from that worry. The theologians won't do it for you. They need you to support their LIES.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537569 May 17, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the Pentecostals AND the RCC are sending most Catholics to Hell.

Most Catholics today choose not to attend church on a weekly basis (Pew Research), which puts them at the brink. The Pentecostals are there to push them in.

The good news is that no true God creates anyone knowing from the very beginning that he will punish them with eternal torment.

That's the old sadistic god, with the morals of a 12 year old bully. Today, we know better.

ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537570 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop with your lies!!!
Your theologians promote that bible as the only guide on earth to show you how to avoid going to hell in a hereafter.
If you didn't believe you know the answers, you would NOT be a preacher at all.
You know it and I know it and every body that uses their bible KNOWS that is true.
There IS NO other use FOR a bible but to believe you know how to avoid hell and be allowed into heaven.
Wow! June you really are clueless aren't ya? I love dislike with my coffee and smoke :)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537571 May 17, 2014
If Jesus did exist, he was one of the greatest teachers on morals and virtue ever.

But few would know it from the "Christians" here, as almost no one here discusses the morals and virtues taught by Jesus.

In fact, just the opposite.

No wonder reality is so unpopular here.

ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537572 May 17, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL June - You spoke too soon. I'll give you a couple of more suitable icons :)
Thanks Sherlayne, but I don't care about the positive icons. I want the negative icons that suggest to me that people are angry at what I post.

Only their anger will take them to a place in their selves that they want to question that maybe what they have been taught by their theologians was and is based on lies.

Having been down a long road of religion, I understand that the only way out of religion is to ask pertinent questions of what the self has been taught to TRUST was based on truth.

I now put all my FAITH in the idea that I don't need to be mislead by theologians. I can do quite well on my own in my belief that I am completely intact and whole just as I am.

For all too long the theologians taught me and managed to make me believe that the best part of me was somewhere off in a supposed spirit world.

The crafty theologians will have no more power over my brain-waves, as my brain-waves are back home with me, and that is where I plan to keep them ... safe from their negative influences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 4 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 7 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web