Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537182 May 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible "itself" is tradition!!!-----Written tradition!!!.......
The KJV itself is tradition to the Protestants. Of course having been a Protestant, you are already fully aware of their habits.

Now let's go to the Jews and the Talmud and their tradition. "NO" you say??? You want to stop at Catholicism and stay there. Hmmmmmmmmm ... I wonder why?

Sarcasm intended.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537183 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You say by innuendo, with every haughty attitude in every post.
You no doubt believe you can play the Jesus-game with the best of the masters of bullshit.
"Jesus loves me, this I know,
'Cause my ego tells me so."
Pay closer attention. I don't play "the Jesus game" YOU do....God Bless
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#537184 May 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Dont worry Dan though I be harsh with you I would feed you, clothe you and I pray for you in the hopes that coal not be piled on your head for wrath is saved for God.
YOU WOULD DO ALL THE ABOVE....
AND IN THE MEANWHILE
ATTEMPTING
TO ILLEGALLY REWRITE/CHANGE/EDIT
THE WILL AND TESTAMENT THAT GOD HAS GIVEN HIM
THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST...(. WHO SIGNED IT WITH HIS LIFE'S BLOOD
SAID IT IS FINISHED, AND DIED)
JESUS CHRIST .THE TESTATOR AND EXECUTOR OF HIS
WILL
TREATISE
CONTRACT
COVENANT..........
NOW ISN'T THAT SO VERY THOUGHTFUL OF YOU...WHILE YOU ATTEMPTING
.TO SEDUCE HIM WITH FABLES AND LIES
ROBBING HIM OF HIS HOPE AND ETERNAL INHERITANCE.?
FOR SHAME
The book of Conrtinter is missing from my bible. Maybe Luther removed it..

Prince George, Canada

#537185 May 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians called the Apostles and their disciples "father".
The Jewish apostles were Christian disciples???

If the Jewish apostles had lived rather than being characters in a play, you can bet they would have told an entirely different story.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537186 May 15, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
NO the usual Protestant style is to blather out a long list of falsehoods with nothing to substantiate it, thus its refuted. That you are too lazy to read is not my problem. Further I dont see the need to have to respond to arguments that were reruted a 1000 times already that were responded with another series of falsehoods instead of the reply. Clear is convoluted in your world. I am sorry to hear that. Try "See ramen run." Little r for little self made god.
You will have to ask all the Protestants who have daily chats with God and he tells them everything much faster than the Internet. The bible told them so.
Thank you for explaining why your posts are so long and angry.

You -- "I dont see the need to have to respond to arguments that were reruted a 1000 times already that were responded with another series of falsehoods instead of the reply."

Phew, some people might call you crazy.

I blame bad psychologists.

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537187 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
The light of the world is not powered by batteries..
:)

Prince George, Canada

#537188 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EAT MY PHYSICAL FOOD FROM A FILTHY DISH
Maybe it's time you gave it a try.

Some people don't have dishes out of which to eat ... as God wants them to suffer from starvation for Adam's and Eve's SIN!!!

Stupid dogmas.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537189 May 15, 2014
Is it me, or is this board even crazier today than usual?

It's good to be enlightened and humble, knowing I have the only true MORAL God.

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537190 May 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On Judgement day , we will stand alone with only His BLOOD to defend us, not any earthly denomination..
What if Jesus said "Enough of this bullshit. I'm out of here. Let them fight it out on their own turf!"

Where would you go THEN ... oh self-perceived WISE one???

Idiocy.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#537191 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That means that God wouldn't dare hear the prayers of the Protestants without the pope's permission, as the pope would fire God for blasphemy and for being a heretic.
You have "concluded" this statement " to be true"---ON YOUR OWN----just like you do with everything else that you post on this forum!!........We. all know what your "'underlying motives" are that is behind EVERY (atheistic comment) that comes out of your mouth !!!----Exaggerations, distortions and the twisting of the Truth!!

Prince George, Canada

#537192 May 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. They are prejudiced and persecute me as well.
You are lucky to be in a large denomination, with power and wealth. I stand alone against this delusional hoard.
Wish me luck.
ramen
By their power of wealth over the dead bodies of the weak and helpless through military might, the Catholics have done their deeds on earth.

I suggest they are the ones that need LUCK if there just happens to be a hereafter.

The amazing issue is, they believe that Jesus sponsored their wars and injustices against others, including the Jews.

Unbelievable!!!
Today

Belpre, OH

#537193 May 15, 2014
The Pope is a fraud and has no more access to Christ than I do...The Pope is not even mentioned in the Bible.
The Pope is nothing but idolatry worship. A mortal human being...
Catholicism is wrong...

Prince George, Canada

#537194 May 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to see you two getting along :o)
That's just Christianity June.
The road to Hell is wide, while the road to Heaven is narrow and few are "called."
That's how they believe their "loving god" created the universe. It's an fundamentalist view of creation, an ant farm mentality.
But please remember. Ahhhhhh, I forgot.
ramen :o)
If they really believed there was something yet to learn, they wouldn't use words in their bibles to preach. They would study and ask questions of why the words mean whatever the readers of the words take to and from the words.

But they are haughty and believe that they were called TO preach ... and that is their short-coming.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#537195 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not to worry June...YOUR gps will stay true to your programing...
Good morning "Seraphima"

Blessings....

Glad to see you are able to post once again...We have missed Nicks inspirational

contributions.. and your fellowship.

I did not realize that he was so much younger than my wife and I until I saw his picture...

I will soon be eighty.

I can not say I know how you feel....But I am glad that you are acquainted with one that does .

..We hope you are well, and finding comfort in God's presence.

In His Name

GOD IS FAITHFUL...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#537196 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats UNBELIEVABLE is YOU. You dare critizise me when YOu do the same thing...
...NoNoNo! I don't insult or name call people. That was the old Michael from years ago, before you were born. Today, I give my opinions and facts on the one true church, The Roman Catholic church as the title of this forum claims.

........I am a pundit, and a critic. The other side of the story. The side no one wants to know about, but they should know.

Prince George, Canada

#537197 May 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...(lol).Ya! But you keep coming back in your bare feet stepping into it.
....If you really don't like a poster why do you keep responding? Are you here for the theatrics?
Unbelievable!
Religion is all about "theatrics" ... the attitude being ... "I know God's will for you and you are too stubborn to see that 'I' know."

That is why each and every day they fight over words as they play the game of "Scrabble" in attitudes of one-up-man-ship and convince their selves that in so doing, they are WISE.

Prince George, Canada

#537198 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Yes....was thinking of inviting her to a pajama party. You know, pop popcorn and play records and do each others hair... you know the girly stuff
You won't be able to stop using your bible to preach at me.

I know your tactics. You'll hide the bible out of sight until I start enjoying the pop corn, and when I least expect it, out will come the bible and the fun for me will come to an abrupt end.

Prince George, Canada

#537199 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> My love is for those that deserve it. I don't waste it on phoney people
Apparently Jesus has the same attitude as you. What a coincidence.

Jesus ... "If they don't believe in me, they can go to hell."

Dan

United States

#537200 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
IN REF ....TO THE .....Theological (so called) TRUTH of the Catholic Church
THERE IS NO SUCH THEOLOGY ENTITY THAT EXIST..
SINCE IT REJECTS THE THEOLOGICAL TREATISE ...THE BIBLE..."THE WORD OF GOD.".........IT IS ONLY A SECULAR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY....
THEOLOG'IC DEFINED
THEOLOG'ICAL, a.[See Theology.] Pertaining to divinity, or the science of God and of divine things; as a theological treatise; theological criticism..
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE...
even thought it claims to be a divinity (GOD) itself....
"SINCE IT REJECTS THE THEOLOGICAL TREATISE ...THE BIBLE..."THE WORD OF GOD."........

False premise.

Your argument expects us to believe that the Catholic Church compiled the canon of scripture (The Bible), protected it, and then rejected it.

I don't believe it, and neither does anyone else, save for people such as you who need to somehow justify their errant, illogical theology.

Prince George, Canada

#537201 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Pay closer attention. I don't play "the Jesus game" YOU do....
Of course you don't think it's a game.

You believe Jesus loves you and will reject me.

THAT, to you, is serious stuff in deed.

"June thinks she's smart, but wait until she has to go to hell. I can hardly wait to see how she suffers for her insolence to me and "MY" savior."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min eternalrock 828,591
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 min Johnny 3,008
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min dollarsbill 3,501
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Peace_Warrior 611,858
john wayne was gay (Nov '07) 42 min Ken in Dublin 233
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min Gas Woman 121,663
Aztec Group Inc Florida Tokyo Japan Hong Kong R... 1 hr claygauxx 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 98,987
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Jewelry 442,872
More from around the web