Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#537480 May 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep looking in the mirror Michael --and IF you look long enough--you will "eventually" begin to "see the problem"!!
......why would you associate with murders and adulterers? Why don't you answer the question instead of your silly mirror games......again.

Michael

Canada

#537481 May 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep looking in the mirror hojo --and IF you look long enough--you will "eventually" begin to "see the problem"!!
(lol)!
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537482 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you and your father. Sarcasm intended.
Didn't June claim to have been a catholic for a while??? Left the church in her 70's ??
Anthony MN

United States

#537483 May 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't June claim to have been a catholic for a while??? Left the church in her 70's ??
No, she says was protestant. Who really cares what she says....
Country boy

Natrona Heights, PA

#537484 May 16, 2014
The Pope has no more access to Christ than I do.
The Pope or Bishops are not mentioned in the Bible.
The Pope is a sinner like we all are.
You people are crazy to idolize the Pope , it is wrong.It is a sin to do so.
The Bible is the only word. Nothing mentioned about the Catholics in the Bible. Christ is who we are to worship anyone or anything else is wrong and sinful.
Follow the Bible , not some man made doctrine...
You are wrong by being Catholic.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#537485 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!!!
Ramen has to stop the suffering of all forms of life in order to prove himself to me. And you know and I know that ain't gonna happen.
:)
June

Peace

God's R Delusions is a true atheist, and sometimes doesn't know it. He just wants you to believe him, if he believes it himself.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#537486 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it out of millions?? two or three people wrote something that was handed down? We can all make up stories and hand them down.
......None of those were contemporary writers. Josephus was born 4 years after Jesus supposedly died. What would he know other than hand-me-down stories that grew bigger with each person who told them.
......I could write about the civil war. Would that make me an eyewitness or just handing down 3rd party information that might be embellished?
Catholics don't believe Jesus had brothers and sisters. They made them cousins because Mary became an ever virgin in their stories. Can't put square pegs into round holes.
someone post a list of contemporary writers outside the NT who witnessed or knew about the miraculous virgin birth, King Herod slaughtering all male infants, the money changer story, dozens of miracles performed for thousands of Jews and witnessed by thousands more, a group of people making the ultimate decision in killing this man, the sky darkening, an earthquake and the ground opening up and zombies coming out.
Walking on water, bringing dead people back to life, making a blind man see again!........no one saw anything yet there were thousands of witnesses? Not one hand me down story?
.... Was Jesus the son of God or a David Copperfield of his time?
Its not wrong to question. If we don't question and only assume, we would never perceive or learn the truth.
However, had it been a MADE UP story would the passages about brothers and sisters exist??
A Messiah who died on A,Cross, disgraced ????
Seriously? And one not recognized as,real by priests?
Then He rises from the dead?????

Not believable ...pure fiction..UNLESS ITS TRUE ...FAITH MICHAEL .

Lot of other passages, so inconvenient for made up stories.

Your logic is,flawed..
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537487 May 16, 2014
who="Anthony MN" ]<quoted text>
"Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19)."
The problem with this is that no where in the bible does it teach we are justified by faith ALONE. In fact, St. James EXPLICITLY says we ARE NOT justified by faith alone. This is why Luther tried to remove the his epistle from scripture.

----------
It would be just as simple to say: "The reason I know that Catholicism is wrong, is because that no other religions agree with it!" LOL
Michael

Canada

#537488 May 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
However, had it been a MADE UP story would the passages about brothers and sisters exist??
Your logic is,flawed..
....If everything in our lives is predetermined why are we responsible for what others did?

...If God knew before that Adam and Eve would fail do you really feel responsible for anything that others did?

....If the small local crowd at the crucifixion had screamed Barabas instead of Jesus how would Christianity have ever started? Remember scriptures say it was the little crowd who had a 50/50 chance, the flip of a coin heads/tails, Jesus or Barabas. Right?

...,If Jesus died for our sins and Christians claim to be very serious about their faith in God why do they still commit billions of sins everyday then march into the confessional every few weeks to have their sin odometer reset to zero, and then start sinning again.

...doesn't make sense.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537489 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, but at least we can agree that I am NOT crazy.
Right?
ramen
:o)
You can bet that those in religion believe we are both not only crazy but lead by the devil to boot!

Well, maybe not so much the Wiccans. Some of them welcome Atheists into their cults as not being at all offensive to the goddess.

Prince George, Canada

#537490 May 16, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
"Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19)."
The problem with this is that no where in the bible does it teach we are justified by faith ALONE. In fact, St. James EXPLICITLY says we ARE NOT justified by faith alone. This is why Luther tried to remove the his epistle from scripture.
----------
It would be just as simple to say: "The reason I know that Catholicism is wrong, is because that no other religions agree with it!" LOL
And then if you would have the same attitude towards your Protestant religion, you would be popping your own balloon and coming back to earth without your wing or a prayer.

The idea that place value on the haughty attitude of Martin Luther says more about you than you can even imagine.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Martin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”

Prince George, Canada

#537491 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....If everything in our lives is predetermined why are we responsible for what others did?
...If God knew before that Adam and Eve would fail do you really feel responsible for anything that others did?
....If the small local crowd at the crucifixion had screamed Barabas instead of Jesus how would Christianity have ever started? Remember scriptures say it was the little crowd who had a 50/50 chance, the flip of a coin heads/tails, Jesus or Barabas. Right?
...,If Jesus died for our sins and Christians claim to be very serious about their faith in God why do they still commit billions of sins everyday then march into the confessional every few weeks to have their sin odometer reset to zero, and then start sinning again.
...doesn't make sense.
They idolize the power they feel when they preach words that they claim are based on truth.

If their bibles were removed from their possession, they would have nothing left with which to preach, and that to them would mean being bankrupted from their delusions.

I suggest they would have withdrawal symptoms worse than any panic attack.

Prince George, Canada

#537492 May 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> what you don't see is that Josephus was captured by the Roman Vaspasian ( Flavian) in around 70ad. He was captured when vaspasian " Defeated God" which is when the Jewish Religious Relics were captured also, Including Religious Scrolls, which Jocephus could have translated. The Romans controlled all and controlling what was written would not have been hard for them.
OH OH ... you are preaching religion.

Naughty naughty!

Prince George, Canada

#537493 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you and your father. Sarcasm intended.

I understand that you don't mind when a priest teaches that all others deserve to go to a fiery hell is they are not Catholic.

But it bothered my father, and for that I am proud OF my father for leaving such a nasty religion.
Michael

Canada

#537494 May 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is,flawed..
....You believe this because most Christians were taught to believe this when by chance they were born into a christian family.

.....If by chance you were born into a loving Muslim or Jewish family, your entire logic about Jesus would be reversed......and you would be posting your love of Allah or God almighty with no Jesus story.

....Interesting that being born in a certain location in our world MORE often than not determines who and how you worship.

....religions and religious beliefs compete with each other for superiority, just like Ford competes with Chevrolet.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537495 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH ... you are preaching religion.
Naughty naughty!
Nope only what I see Romans Documented..

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#537496 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion are never honest
Are you suggesting those out of religion are honest?
Anthony MN

United States

#537497 May 16, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
Lol. Except that you don't know what Catholicism is, nor do you want to.
Anthony MN

United States

#537498 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you don't mind when a priest teaches that all others deserve to go to a fiery hell is they are not Catholic.
But it bothered my father, and for that I am proud OF my father for leaving such a nasty religion.
Whoop-di-do.

Prince George, Canada

#537499 May 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Are you suggesting those out of religion are honest?
Not at all. But we don't judge others as evil sinners and then pretend that a god supports our opinions.

I already posted today that I want soldiers to kill those that threaten my safety.

I don't pretend to be other than a selfish human. It saves a lot of time and ridiculous pomposity.

I would steal if I was starving. I would kill if my life was threatened. I would lie if I felt it was absolutely necessary. I would do many things under certain circumstances of which I wouldn't be proud ... but I would NOT claim that a devil lured me into temptation. I would take responsibility for my own behavior and try to do better to treat my neighbors in a fair manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 37 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web