Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596682 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536919 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thought I post what you keep ignoring that which you have not refuted in the slightest."
"Because in the Middle ages all Big Bull's issued by a Pope and decreed (meaning announced to all) were considered the word of God"
I dispute this as a statement of fact and have asked for verification from you for this claim.
Thus far, you have provided a citation from the New Advent online Catholic Encyclopedia which does NOT support your claim.
Your repeating unsubstantiated claims doesn't make them more than that by virtue of you repeating them. I need support for the claim.
Yes you dispute whatever that means and you dispute some more but you dispute never address the fact that Rome considers the Big Bull that Innocent the 3rd decreed as an Apostolic letter

YOU keep avoiding issue If it Innocent is and Apostle like your SECT claims in the line of Peter and his letter as New Advent declares is an Apostolic letter in which he institutes a new branch of Priests to implement a new way of Conversion and Recanting which is Torture and SUMMARY execution then how can any one who is sane not say this was doctrine.

NOT only that it was affirmed by 41 Popes for 400+ years.

So you have a problem that you shuck and dive because an Apostolic letter within has how one becomes a christian is more important and more authoritative than anything else in Christendom.

the wheel on the truck goes round and round LOL

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#536920 May 14, 2014
LOL. I was on another site here on Topix where the members were discussing Sodom and Gommorah. There was this poster that stated that gays are an abomination etc, etc and she/he stated that scripture stated that crossdressing was a sin. I think she must have misunderstood the verse where it stated that a woman should wear nothing that pertains to a man etc.
I explained that scripture says absolutely nothing about cross dressing and if cross dressing is a sin then I guess all the men in the Bible days were sinning considering that when that verse was written, ALL THE MEN INCLUDING CHRIST AND THE APOSTLES wore skirts.
I elucidated that that verse that says a woman should wear nothing that pertains to a man was not talking about the wearing of clothing but rather when the verse was broken it actually meant that a woman should not take the place of a man sexually and vice versa.
It's amazing how Christians can read a verse in the Bible and butcher it violently out of context in their attempts to try and condemn someone. BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE is what most Christians actually are.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536921 May 14, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a Protestant.
I did.

According to OxBreath, there are 8.

Apparently the ones about stealing stuff and coveting your neighbor's wife got removed.

Who knew?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#536922 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
It's amazing how Christians can read a verse in the Bible and butcher it violently out of context in their attempts to try and condemn someone. BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE is what most Christians actually are.
That is "exactly" why we,as Catholics, have the One True Church (initiated by Jesus a Himself) to clarify, discern and distinguish what is the TRUTH --when it comes to the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and not just "isolating" individual bible verses, making them mean ONLY what each Bible only " self appointed" interpreter " wants them to mean!!!!!. That is also why Paul, in I Timothy 3:15, calls. THE CHURCH ( not the Bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle, and foundation of the TRUTH........Paul also said: "When there is a dispute or disagreement -------(Take it to the Church)---------His Church !---------Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church.!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#536923 May 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is "exactly" why we,as Catholics, have the One True Church (initiated by Jesus a Himself) to clarify, discern and distinguish what is the TRUTH --when it comes to the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and not just "isolating" individual bible verses, making them mean ONLY what each Bible only " self appointed" interpreter " wants them to mean!!!!!. That is also why Paul, in I Timothy 3:15, calls. THE CHURCH ( not the Bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle, and foundation of the TRUTH........Paul also said: "When there is a dispute or disagreement -------(Take it to the Church)---------His Church !---------Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church.!
When Christ died, why was the veil in the temple ripped from top to bottom.....NOT BOTTOM TO TOP but from top to bottom? Back then before Christ's death only the high priest was allowed to go behind the veil of the temple but when Christ died the veil was ripped from top to bottom. WHY??????????
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536924 May 14, 2014
So Dan with regards to infallibility
RCC catechism states
#891 “The Roman Pontiff... enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful - who confirms his brethren in the faith - he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals... This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine Revelation itself.”
#890 “The pastoral duty of the Magisterium is aimed at seeing to it that the People of God abides in the truth that liberates. To fulfill this service, Christ endowed the Church's shepherds with the charism of infallibility in matters of faith and morals.”
#2051 “The infallibility of the Magisterium of the Pastors extends to all the elements of doctrine, including moral doctrine, without which the saving truths of the faith cannot be preserved, expounded, or observed.”
So what we have by Pope Innocent the 3rd is a decree with a teaching as defined in (New Advent) a declaration of an Apostolic letter in a Big Papal Bull reaffirmed by 41 popes after a new Institution called Inquisition in which 42 Popes Unanimously agree that torture summary execution and confiscation of wealth can be used to convert heretics and non believers alike.
YOU can not get a subject more than that about faith and morals
The fact that Rome redefines Infallibility some 600 years later was its futile attempt to cover up its glaring atrocities and contradictions to the teachings of Jesus the Christ and his Apostles but even by Romes standards today its doctrine.
So what Innocent the 3rd did fits Romes definition of Infallibility.
According to the teaching of the First Vatican Council and Catholic tradition, the conditions required for ex cathedra papal teaching are as follows:
"the Roman Pontiff"
"speaks ex cathedra" ("that is, when in the discharge of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, and by virtue of his supreme apostolic authority....")
"he defines"
"that a doctrine concerning faith or morals"
"must be held by the whole Church"
The Inquisitions defined doctrine on how via Inquisition one could covert non believers, or make heretics recant.
He even went so far as to state it was moral wrong to draw blood so hot rods to the feet and the rack were morally ok. LOL
You are an Idiot to try and defend such nonsense not even Clinton's I did no have sexual relations statement is as stupid as you saying this was not official RCC instituted doctrine for 400+ years
Stink weed by any other name still stinks.
And that is why the RCC is not the one
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536925 May 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Repetitive prattle from a thief.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#536926 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When Christ died, why was the veil in the temple ripped from top to bottom.....NOT BOTTOM TO TOP but from top to bottom? Back then before Christ's death only the high priest was allowed to go behind the veil of the temple but when Christ died the veil was ripped from top to bottom. WHY??????????
And if I can ever get one of you faithful yet deceived Catholic members to answer my above question, then you'll kow what my next question will be. I have asked this question several times of our dear duped Catholic brethren yet they avoid answering me as if I was the plague,LOL.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#536927 May 14, 2014
Cause I'm happy!

United States

#536928 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
-
-
hojo wrote:
-
-
hojo ... you take 1 Tim 3:15 out of context as if I don't ALSO have access to the VERY SAME SCRIPTURE--kind of like what the early church *fathers* did in their day, huh? Read the entire verse!
-
When Paul is delivering his instructions on how PEOPLE ought to CONDUCT themselves in the one TRUE CHURCH, hojo,....in YOUR words .. "to clarify, discern and distinguish" --did that include instruction on how torture and murder heretics? Because the TRUE church is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
-
People's CONDUCT in the church is what Paul was emphasizing, hojo.
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_timothy/3.htm
14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
-
How OFTEN did members of the church attempt to "clarify, discern and distinguish" if torture and murder were AGAIN.... IN YOUR WORDS "the pillar, pinnacle, and foundation of the TRUTH........Paul also said: "When there is a dispute or disagreement -------(Take it to the Church)---------"
How many people died for trying to talk sense into those who would torture and murder 'heretics' at behest of the Pope?
-
What you need to understand is that you can only 'take it to the church'-- when the 'church' is, indeed, the TRUE church. Otherwise you just get more of the same ... same ol' same ol' junk.
The TRUE Church that Christ founded is not the same church of Popes. You have the same ol' junk - down through all your "2000 years" - of Catholic Church history. It hasn't changed.
-
Christ did not found a torturing murdering machine as his church, hojo. But the Pope DID.
The Pope is the one who ordered the torture and murder of heretics. Not Christ.
But you keep giving Jesus Christ ALL the CREDIT ...for ALL the EVIL. A five year old can do better than that, hojo.
-
The evil HISTORY of the RCC proves it is not the TRUE church Christ founded, hojo.
-
again ... truly ...honestly (if you can) tell me .... how many people of the RCC do YOU think "disputed" with one another over the Inquisition? and where did it get them?
Dan

United States

#536929 May 14, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Catholics weren't confused, either, when they went about torturing and murdering in the Name of God, either, were they Dan?
-
The point I am making here is that the so called inerrant teaching of the Catholic Church keep changing.
The Catholic Church has ALWAYS been blood-thirsty.
Cite a core teaching of the Catholic Church that has changed.

Thanks.
Dan

United States

#536930 May 14, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you dispute whatever that means and you dispute some more but you dispute never address the fact that Rome considers the Big Bull that Innocent the 3rd decreed as an Apostolic letter
YOU keep avoiding issue If it Innocent is and Apostle like your SECT claims in the line of Peter and his letter as New Advent declares is an Apostolic letter in which he institutes a new branch of Priests to implement a new way of Conversion and Recanting which is Torture and SUMMARY execution then how can any one who is sane not say this was doctrine.
NOT only that it was affirmed by 41 Popes for 400+ years.
So you have a problem that you shuck and dive because an Apostolic letter within has how one becomes a christian is more important and more authoritative than anything else in Christendom.
the wheel on the truck goes round and round LOL
"dispute never address the fact that Rome considers the Big Bull that Innocent the 3rd decreed as an Apostolic letter"

Cite this "fact".

" New Advent declares is an Apostolic letter "

Cite this also. New Advent didn't say this in the prior citation you provided.

"shuck and dive"

Still isn't a phrase in the English language.

"the wheel on the truck goes round and round"

That'd be the "bus".
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#536931 May 14, 2014
OUR DAILY BREAD

Looking Good

By Julie Ackerman Link

Read: Matthew 23:23-31

First cleanse the inside.—Matthew 23:26

Bible in a Year:
2 Kings 19-21; John 4:1-30

When I think about the things we do to make ourselves look good, I’m reminded of some of the things we do to make ourselves look good spiritually. Jesus addressed this issue with the religious leaders in Jerusalem (Matt. 23). They followed an elaborate set of religious rules that went well beyond the ones God had given them. They worked hard to look good to their peers, to prove that they were better than others. But their hard work didn’t impress God. Jesus said to them,“You cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside [you] are full of extortion and self-indulgence”(v.25). What the Pharisees did to make themselves look good to others actually revealed that they were not good at all.

Every culture values different religious behaviors and traditions, but God’s values transcend cultures. And what He values isn’t measured by what others see. God values a clean heart and pure motives. Spiritual health is expressed from the inside out.
You know me, Lord, for who I am. My motives
and heart are open before You. Cleanse me
from the inside out. And help me to live as
Jesus did—with pure and true motives.

We might look good on the outside without really being good on the inside.

Insight
Matthew 23 uses the phrase “woe to you” eight times when Jesus condemns the hypocrisy of the religious leaders. They displayed outward religiosity and piety, but neglected the truly important matters of justice, mercy, and faith (v.23; Mic. 6:8). They presented themselves as upright and holy, but inside they were utterly corrupt and evil (vv.25-31).
LTM

#536932 May 14, 2014
Bible Verse of the Day

3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV)

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

It is perilously possible to make our conceptions of God like molten lead poured into a specially designed mold, and when it is cold and hard we fling it at the heads of the religious people who don’t agree with us. Disciples Indeed, 388 R
LTM

#536933 May 14, 2014
The Habit of Enjoying Adversity

... that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body —2 Corinthians 4:10

We have to develop godly habits to express what God’s grace has done in us. It is not just a question of being saved from hell, but of being saved so that “the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.” And it is adversity that makes us exhibit His life in our mortal flesh. Is my life exhibiting the essence of the sweetness of the Son of God, or just the basic irritation of “myself” that I would have apart from Him? The only thing that will enable me to enjoy adversity is the acute sense of eagerness of allowing the life of the Son of God to evidence itself in me. No matter how difficult something may be, I must say,“Lord, I am delighted to obey You in this.” Instantly, the Son of God will move to the forefront of my life, and will manifest in my body that which glorifies Him.

You must not debate. The moment you obey the light of God, His Son shines through you in that very adversity; but if you debate with God, you grieve His Spirit (see Ephesians 4:30). You must keep yourself in the proper condition to allow the life of the Son of God to be manifested in you, and you cannot keep yourself fit if you give way to self-pity. Our circumstances are the means God uses to exhibit just how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure His Son is. Discovering a new way of manifesting the Son of God should make our heart beat with renewed excitement. It is one thing to choose adversity, and quite another to enter into adversity through the orchestrating of our circumstances by God’s sovereignty. And if God puts you into adversity, He is adequately sufficient to “supply all your need”(Philippians 4:19).

Keep your soul properly conditioned to manifest the life of the Son of God. Never live on your memories of past experiences, but let the Word of God always be living and active in you.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536934 May 14, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"dispute never address the fact that Rome considers the Big Bull that Innocent the 3rd decreed as an Apostolic letter"
Cite this "fact".
" New Advent declares is an Apostolic letter "
Cite this also. New Advent didn't say this in the prior citation you provided.
"shuck and dive"
Still isn't a phrase in the English language.
"the wheel on the truck goes round and round"
That'd be the "bus".
Yes it does, it cites all Bulls small and big as Apostolic letters.

You still to refuse to deal with the implication of those words Apostolic Letter of the same kind and same authority as the NT Apostles.

You seem to be of the thinking that semantics make you right,

If I you say its Black as night and I say it was very dark we are not in agreement if being in agreement does not suit the flavor of the day.

Keep digging you only strenghten my argument when you nick pick words that are synonymous with each other.
LTM

#536935 May 14, 2014
"God is more then able to build on the ashes of our of our destructive
live. "HE IS THE POTTER WE ARE THE CLAY".

Romans 9:20-25

King James Version (KJV)

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

<<

<

=
=

>

>>
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536936 May 14, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite a core teaching of the Catholic Church that has changed.
Thanks.
The Decree of Pope Pius IX on the Immaculate Conception of Mary From the Bull Ineffabilis Deus (1854 A.D.).

The Decree of Pope Pius XII on the Assumption of Mary From the Bull Munificentissimus Deus (A.D. 1950).

Baptism

he Council of Trent

On Justification: Chapter IV: By which words a description of the Justification of the impious is indicated—as being a translation, from that state wherein man is born a child of Adam, to the state of grace, and of the adoption of the sons of God, through the second Adam, Jesus Christ, our Saviour. And this translation, since the promulgation of the the Gospel, can not be effected, without the laver of regeneration, or the desire thereof, as it is written: unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he can not enter into the Kingdom of God.

Canon II: If any one saith, that true and natural water is not of necessity for baptism, and, on that account, wrests, to some sort of metaphor, those words of our Lord Jesus Christ: Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost: let him be anathema.

Canon V: If any one saith, that baptism is free, that is, not necessary unto salvation: let him be anathema (The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent. Found in Philip Schaff, The Creeds of Christendom (New York: Harper, 1877), Decree on Justification, Chapter IV, p. 91; Canons on Baptism II, V; pp. 122-123).

Vatican I

Vatican I states that it is necessary for salvation that men and women not only believe all that is revealed in scripture but also everything which is defined and proposed by the Church as having been divinely revealed. To reject anything taught by the Roman Church is to reject saving faith and to forfeit justification and eternal life:

Further, all those things are to be believed with divine and Catholic faith which are contained in the Word of God, written or handed down, and which the Church, either by a solemn judgment, or by her ordinary and universal magisterium, proposes for belief as having been divinely revealed. And since, without faith, it is impossible to please God, and to attain to the fellowship of his children, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will any one obtain eternal life unless he shall have persevered in faith unto the end (Dogmatic Decrees of the Vatican Council, On Faith, Chapter III. Found in Philip Schaff, The Creeds of Christendom (New York:Harper, 1877), Volume II, pp. 244-245).

Lots of core teachings have changed

BTW notice the first two dogmas above of the RCC, all from Papal decrees and Papal bulls all before 1870 all done in the exact same manner as Innocent the 3rd with Inquistion.

You have not got a pot to piss in Dan.

further cont........
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536937 May 14, 2014
So to all RC's orthodox and evangelicals according to the RCC if you do not believe the following you go to Hell

• An individual must believe that the popes are infallible when teaching ex cathedra.

• One must believe that the Bishops of Rome have been given authority by Christ to rule the Church universal.

• One must be submitted to the Bishop of Rome in all areas of faith, morals, discipline and government of the Church.

• The Roman Catholic Church alone has the right to interpret Scripture and its interpretations are infallible.

• One must accept the Apocrypha as Scripture and as part of the Canon.

• There is no salvation outside of the Roman Catholic Church.

• One must believe that the Roman Catholic sacraments are necessary for salvation and that there specific number is seven.

• An individual must repudiate the teaching that the imputed righteousness of Christ is the basis for justification.

• One must embrace the teaching that justification is not by faith alone but by human works cooperating with grace and by participation in the sacraments.

• One must believe that human works cooperating with grace merit eternal life.

• One must accept the teaching that water baptism is necessary for salvation as it is the instrumental means of regeneration even for infants.

• One must believe that the Mass is a propitiatory sacrifice for sin.

• One must believe that in the eucharist the bread and wine is transformed into the literal body and blood of Christ at the words of consecration (Transubstantiation).

• It is necessary to believe that confession of sins to a Roman Catholic priest and receiving his absolution and performing acts of penance is the only way to receive forgiveness of sins after baptism.

• One must embrace the teachings of the immaculate conception and Assumption of Mary.

• One must accept the Roman Catholic teaching on Purgatory.
Dan

United States

#536938 May 14, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, it cites all Bulls small and big as Apostolic letters.
You still to refuse to deal with the implication of those words Apostolic Letter of the same kind and same authority as the NT Apostles.
You seem to be of the thinking that semantics make you right,
If I you say its Black as night and I say it was very dark we are not in agreement if being in agreement does not suit the flavor of the day.
Keep digging you only strenghten my argument when you nick pick words that are synonymous with each other.
I'll let you off the hook for the citation here.

I'll stipulate that papal bulls are "apostolic letters".

The term Apostolic Letters (Litterae apostolicae in Latin) has two uses in Roman Catholicism:

1.The letters of the Apostles to Christian communities or those in authority, i.e. the Pauline Epistles, the Letter to the Hebrews, together with the seven General epistles of the other Apostles.

2.One of the major types of ecclesiastical document issued by the Pope or in his name, the others being Papal Briefs, Papal Bulls, Apostolic Constitutions, Apostolic Exhortations and Papal Rescripts.

We're looking at #2 here with Papal Bulls.

In terms of content, the bull is simply the format in which a decree of the Pope appears. Any subject may be treated in a bull, and many were and are, including statutory decrees, episcopal appointments, dispensations, excommunications, apostolic constitutions, canonizations and convocations.

Papal Bulls do NOT declare doctrine.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Halle Berry Sister 177,223
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 6,163
The Christian Atheist debate 18 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 28 min Halle Berry Sister 2,652
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 29 min Gammagem 70
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Tommy 855,834
Domestic Slave Camps Activated 46 min Knock off purse s... 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Bella Italia 612,652
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web