Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599843 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#536841 May 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I never posted you were going to stop posting to me I said I assume you are if the discussion is over as you posted.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT you don't even have a grasp of the English language let alone anything else. Are you 14-15 years old??
Typical bible only response from individuals like you who just can't seem to convince ANYONE to believe or accept your unbiblical modernistic (man-made) beliefs that were NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 18th century.........I/we as Catholics can always count on "frustrated bible only fundies such as you Brazil to use the ONLY response that you have left in your vocabulary when "no one will agree with your bible only "self interpretation" of Sacred Scripture and a Church History ----by belittling ANYONE who gets in your way ----calling people idiots ,imbicells , stupid, morons or whatever (other) adjectives that makes you " feel good"!----Let's put it this way!!! I/we as Catholics will (continue) as billions and billions of other Catholics have done for over 2000 years------ to live each day in the TRUE faith and Salvation trusting and worshipping Jesus Christ HIMSELF ---each day at daily Mass with the Real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments, which are ALL manifested in and through Our Lords One ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church......We will (continue to remain with over 2000 years of the biblical and historical PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH ........You my friend can "do and believe what you want!!!!!!!!
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#536842 May 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy posting your insults...Peace....and I know,of no priests,on here..my Church of my childhood called ITSELF the Roman Catholic Church in every catechism, and piece of paper from the Diocese....I don't lie, but again enjoy posting to yourself.
There is,no reason for personal insults,on this forum...and it's rude!!
Peace and GOD bless,you and your family....
I'm glad I know,no one personally of the Catholic faith who acts and speaks this way...and I know many devout Catholics,
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has always taught every knee shall bow to the Lord. You saying not to the RCC is another uncritical insult filled with hate and ignorance.. The Catholic church is the proper name, but your are too dumb and stubborn even when a priest explained it, Nobody cares if you were in the Roman Rite and it says RCC on your baptismal certificate. The Roman Rite is a part of the church. If the Pope was in France as he once was would you call it The French Catholic Church? No, that would be wrong because you have RCC on your certificate. The succesor of Peter is traditionally in Rome but he does not have to be.
Enjoy posting your insults...Peace....and I know,of no priests,on here..my Church of my childhood called ITSELF the Roman Catholic Church in every catechism, and piece of paper from the Diocese....I don't lie, but again enjoy posting to yourself.

There is,no reason for personal insults,on this forum...and it's rude!!

Peace and GOD bless,you and your family....

I'm glad I know,no one personally of the Catholic faith who acts and speaks this way...and I know many devout Catholics,
----------
I posted nothing but a refutal of your statement, which was an insult whether intended or not as you may be trying to make one of your incoherent points. That is not an insult it is fact. Again I do not care what your limited perspective was as a child. It does not erase the fact that the church in documents and ecumnemical councils includes all the rites under Catholic. Your refusal to acknowleddge othres you as it a bias and the proper terminology for those outside the Roman Rite is rude. The fact that you know it and refuse to acknowlege or respect it then you are now a liar. That others have tried to usurp the name is common knowledge, but the Pope never said Roman Catholic Church and the document that this thread is derived from has no reference of this term. So you can insist and demand all you want, but it does not change the facts that the other rites of the church do not call themselves Roman Catholic. Further since you brought up the Pope is in Rome so your point is proven its not. As I pointed out the successor of Peter does not have to be in Rome and wasn't always. Traditionally they are, but not a requirement.

I suggest you stop insulting and calling people delusional and making crass statements and then crying foul when you are given what you dish out. I have no doubt that you never speak to them as you do in here, but thank you for that last statement as it oozes of the self righteousness and hypocrisy you have exhibited.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536843 May 13, 2014
If you want to PO a fundie of either extreme, just ask a simple question:

"Surely there must be a greater mission for one like yourself?"

Any expression of a higher ideal is met with anger.

That's perfect validation for my beliefs.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536844 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bible only response from individuals like you who just can't seem to convince ANYONE to believe or accept your unbiblical modernistic (man-made) beliefs that were NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 18th century.........I/we as Catholics can always count on "frustrated bible only fundies such as you Brazil to use the ONLY response that you have left in your vocabulary when "no one will agree with your bible only "self interpretation" of Sacred Scripture and a Church History ----by belittling ANYONE who gets in your way ----calling people idiots ,imbicells , stupid, morons or whatever (other) adjectives that makes you " feel good"!----Let's put it this way!!! I/we as Catholics will (continue) as billions and billions of other Catholics have done for over 2000 years------ to live each day in the TRUE faith and Salvation trusting and worshipping Jesus Christ HIMSELF ---each day at daily Mass with the Real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments, which are ALL manifested in and through Our Lords One ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church......We will (continue to remain with over 2000 years of the biblical and historical PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH ........You my friend can "do and believe what you want!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what kind of person you are, but I am convinced you are a great Catholic.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536845 May 13, 2014
StarC wrote:
That so-called "satan black mass" mocking our Catholic Mass was cancelled at Harvard! YAY!
Catholics Answer 'Black Mass' With Prayers of Reparation
Harvard canceled the event one hour prior to its start as people of goodwill gathered for prayers and support.
by BRIAN FRAGA 05/13/2014
Father Michael Drea leads the Eucharistic procession in the Church of St. Paul in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Mass.
– Brian Fraga
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.— The Church of St. Paul in Harvard Square was jammed to capacity Monday for a Eucharistic Holy Hour and solemn Benediction to offer reparation for a Harvard student group’s plan to sponsor a Satanic black mass on campus.
At least 500 people — many of them holding rosaries, crucifixes and images of Christ — also participated in a Eucharistic procession that began at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge and ended at St. Paul Church, where hundreds more were gathered in prayer.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/catholic...
You took them seriously. Thus, they made headlines and made their point.

Congratulations to God's only true church.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536846 May 13, 2014
PS -- too bad the esteemed Cardinal Law wasn't here to see the "victory."

He's a good team player.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#536847 May 13, 2014
Your refusal to acknowleddge othres you as it a bias and the proper terminology for those outside the Roman Rite is rude.

Better stated. Your refusal to acknowledge other rites within the church and assigning them Roman Catholic which they do not call themselves and use Catholic is disrepectful and rude. It is more important to you to insist that your limited understanding cannot be broadened to incorporate what always was true so you can be stubborn remains. A simple statement from you such as, " I always heard it as Roman Catholic Church, but thank you for clarifying. There was a priest in here for a while and he made it very clear, but you would insist he is a liar too, while proclaiming you do not lie which is irrelevant to the point that the church called Roman Catholic is seen as uninclusive of the various rites. But dig in because it seems you need to call it Roman Catholic and make angry slurs like the Pope is in Rome and he is the head of the church so you are right. lol What if the Pope is in France? Never mind, you do not have enough humility to accept anything but what you want to believe regarldess of error.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#536848 May 13, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Regina"]<quo ted text>
Hojo, I am so glad that you've met Jesus and the fullness of His teachings in the Church He founded. It's so wonderful that you now receive His joy and His peace in the way He has always planned for you and for all those who follow Him
----------
That would be hilarious if it were not so sad. When one meets Jesus, their joy and peace is visible...as well as attractive....AND it is neither scornful nor condemning.
Thanks Kay Marie! Nice to hear from you!....Hope everything is going well for you after your hospitalization some months ago!....I appreciate your comments But their is nothing " hilarious or sad about following, worshipping and trusting in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ each day..........I believe that Our Lord encourages us to defend our faith and HIS Catholic Church that He gave us over 2000 years ago and discern that " balance" between remaining passive and being over zealous in our responses. Yes!... I am still praying, working and discerning " that one"!!!! Gods a Blessing to you and your family!!!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#536849 May 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what kind of person you are, but I am convinced you are a great Catholic.
ramen
Thanks for the kind words!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#536850 May 13, 2014
LTM wrote:
CONT
That said, we should not fear. The Lord has said that He will not leave us or forsake us, and that He will protect us (1 Kings 8:57; Matthew 10:31; Isaiah 41:10). Demons / angels are not omnipotent, nor are they omnipresent. Jesus said that in the end times His appearing would be like the lightning—easily visible to all. He said to be wary of any being that says “I am the Christ” or any group that said “He’s over there” or “He’s in here”(Matthew 24:23-24). He said that vultures gather around a dead body, meaning that if you see a group of people gathering around someone claiming to be Christ, that person is death and a false prophet.
We should be wary of any person or being that produces signs and wonders without biblical fidelity or the presence of obedience to the Lord Jesus, anyone who provides a way to unite the world religions or governments (Revelation 13:5-8), any being that promotes unnatural sexual relationships (Genesis 6:4; Jude 1:6-7), and of course, any person that denies that Jesus is God (2 John 1:7). Furthermore, anyone who presents a “substitute” Jesus, who represents Him as “a god but not the God” or who claims He was merely a good teacher, simply a human, or even a super-human or an alien creature, is a deceiver.
Lastly, if demons manifesting as aliens are part of the end times, we should remember that they, too, are created beings, subject to a sovereign God, and ultimately answerable to Him. Whether in alien form or not, the descriptions of demons in Revelation are frightening (Revelation 9:1-12), but we should not fear those who can kill the body, but only Him who can kill the body and the soul in hell (Matthew 10:28). No matter what happens to us on the earth, we should trust that the Lord is the Savior, Redeemer, and Protector of the souls of those who put their trust in Him (Psalm 9:10; 22:5).
://www.gotquestions.org
Fascinating . And let's,face it....with our technology today a GREATER DECEPTION than those like Simon Magus .....
But our children are being groomed to believe anything as,God is absent in schools both lower and higher and their parents,in some cases totally reject Him ..and their world shrunk to tweeting as a means,of information!!!....meanwhile other religion turns,violent , forcing so called conversions and hurting woman and promoting hatred of us and Israel ...it's a huge cauldron being made ready for a fantastic deception ...whatever form it takes,

May the Lord Jesus,protect us..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#536851 May 13, 2014
On January 3, 1521, Pope Leo X issues the papal bull Decet Romanum Pontificem, which excommunicates Martin Luther from the Catholic Church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536852 May 13, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
I studying Italian and you're distracting me.
So, vaffanculo.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536853 May 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Don't get angry, thief.

Get honest.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536854 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words!
Pfft.

Anyone can be Catholic.

Well, except OxBreath.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#536855 May 13, 2014
Luther didn't see any proof against his theses or views which would move him to recant:

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen."
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536856 May 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating . And let's,face it....with our technology today a GREATER DECEPTION than those like Simon Magus .....
But our children are being groomed to believe anything as,God is absent in schools both lower and higher and their parents,in some cases totally reject Him ..and their world shrunk to tweeting as a means,of information!!!....meanwhile other religion turns,violent , forcing so called conversions and hurting woman and promoting hatred of us and Israel ...it's a huge cauldron being made ready for a fantastic deception ...whatever form it takes,
May the Lord Jesus,protect us..
Real fire and brimstone stuff, eh?

You'd think Jesus would wave a magic wand or something, huh?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536857 May 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has always taught every knee shall bow to the Lord. You saying not to the RCC is another uncritical insult filled with hate and ignorance.. The Catholic church is the proper name, but your are too dumb and stubborn even when a priest explained it, Nobody cares if you were in the Roman Rite and it says RCC on your baptismal certificate. The Roman Rite is a part of the church. If the Pope was in France as he once was would you call it The French Catholic Church? No, that would be wrong because you have RCC on your certificate. The succesor of Peter is traditionally in Rome but he does not have to be.
Enjoy posting your insults...Peace....and I know,of no priests,on here..my Church of my childhood called ITSELF the Roman Catholic Church in every catechism, and piece of paper from the Diocese....I don't lie, but again enjoy posting to yourself.
There is,no reason for personal insults,on this forum...and it's rude!!
Peace and GOD bless,you and your family....
I'm glad I know,no one personally of the Catholic faith who acts and speaks this way...and I know many devout Catholics,
----------
I posted nothing but a refutal of your statement, which was an insult whether intended or not as you may be trying to make one of your incoherent points. That is not an insult it is fact. Again I do not care what your limited perspective was as a child. It does not erase the fact that the church in documents and ecumnemical councils includes all the rites under Catholic. Your refusal to acknowleddge othres you as it a bias and the proper terminology for those outside the Roman Rite is rude. The fact that you know it and refuse to acknowlege or respect it then you are now a liar. That others have tried to usurp the name is common knowledge, but the Pope never said Roman Catholic Church and the document that this thread is derived from has no reference of this term. So you can insist and demand all you want, but it does not change the facts that the other rites of the church do not call themselves Roman Catholic. Further since you brought up the Pope is in Rome so your point is proven its not. As I pointed out the successor of Peter does not have to be in Rome and wasn't always. Traditionally they are, but not a requirement.
I suggest you stop insulting and calling people delusional and making crass statements and then crying foul when you are given what you dish out. I have no doubt that you never speak to them as you do in here, but thank you for that last statement as it oozes of the self righteousness and hypocrisy you have exhibited.
Can you reduce this down to a cogent line or two?

Eyestrain and all, ya' know.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536858 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Catholic Church does indeed regard the 10 Commandments as teachings direct from God. That's what you asked for, if I recall correctly.
Learn something new every day, huh?
Infallible teachings of the Church are..........issued from the Church. They teach, for example, that the Holy Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ.(that's 3). They teach that one is justfied by fath and works (that's 4). They teach that Baptism is regenerative (that's 5 when you count the two teachings about Mary I gave you earlier)
.
The three above weren't proclaimed by a Pope in particular, but are regarded by the Church as doctrine, thus immutable.
How many 10 Commandments are there, Dan?

If I recall correctly, the Protestant and Catholic versions don't exactly mesh.

Why is that?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536859 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be as complete in response to you as possible, I undertook a little something I call "research" and found this. It's from Wikipedia, but is well-sourced. Excerpt pasted for your enjoyment.
(Note: This "research" thing will help you from making gaffes like posting about not knowing that the CC believes in the 10 Commandments)
SOURCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
The Catholic Church does not teach that the pope is infallible in everything he says; official invocation of papal infallibility is – apart from canonizations of saints – extremely rare.
Catholic theologians agree that both Pope Pius IX's 1854 definition of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of Mary and Pope Pius XII's 1950 definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary are instances of papal infallibility, a fact confirmed by the Church's magisterium.[69] However, theologians disagree about what other documents qualify.
Regarding historical papal documents, Catholic theologian and church historian Klaus Schatz made a thorough study, published in 1985, that identified the following list of ex cathedra documents (see Creative Fidelity: Weighing and Interpreting Documents of the Magisterium, by Francis A. Sullivan, chapter 6):
1.Tome to Flavian, Pope Leo I, 449, on the two natures in Christ, received by the Council of Chalcedon;
2.Letter of Pope Agatho, 680, on the two wills of Christ, received by the Third Council of Constantinople;
3.Benedictus Deus, Pope Benedict XII, 1336, on the beatific vision of the just after death rather than only just prior to final judgment;[70]
4.Cum occasione, Pope Innocent X, 1653, condemning five propositions of Jansen as heretical;
5.Auctorem fidei, Pope Pius VI, 1794, condemning seven Jansenist propositions of the Synod of Pistoia as heretical;
6.Ineffabilis Deus, Pope Pius IX, 1854, defining the Immaculate Conception;
7.Munificentissimus Deus, Pope Pius XII, 1950, defining the Assumption of Mary.
The Holy See has given no complete list of papal statements considered infallible. A 1998 commentary on Ad Tuendam Fidem issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith published on L'Osservatore Romano in July 1998[71] listed a number of instances of infallible pronouncements by popes and by ecumenical councils, but explicitly stated (at no. 11) that this was not meant to be a complete list.
One of the documents mentioned is Pope John Paul II's apostolic letter Ordinatio Sacerdotalis on reserving priestly ordination to men alone,[72] which the Congregation earlier stated to be infallible, although not taught ex cathedra (i.e., although not a teaching of the extraordinary magisterium), clarifying that the content of this letter has been taught infallibly by the ordinary and universal magisterium.[73] This was confirmed in a commentary by the same Congregation[71] and in commentaries by Cardinals Joseph Ratzinger[74] and Tarcisio Bertone.[75]
As well as popes, ecumenical councils have made pronouncements that the Church considers infallible.
----------
Were I the Pope, I'd infallibly ban a long posts.

I could do that.

Hell, I'd be the Pope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#536860 May 13, 2014
How its look as conciseness?

savjest=razum=understanding
Knock knock pray you will receive.
As kvrc in mind=brain then you can see.

Easter
very tall person
graveyard start remove and inside start move
yeeee
then more start move

savjest=razum=understanding
that you can know impact over mind
I am fine!
I think properly!
I talk properly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min NoStress4me 865,075
The Christian Atheist debate 36 min ChristineM 2,014
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 45 min Burke Devlin 16
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 1 hr Cameron 112
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,309
alshayae 2 hr atqwa 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 272,420
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Frannie 44
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Fri sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web