Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537136 May 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Question...
What difference does your trivia..... make to you?...Or to them?...if neither you ...
nor them
are true born again Christians....you all walk in darkness...
2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Shows how little you know cause I don't walk in darkness. I just bought a new flashlight and it works very well.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537137 May 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior....
there is no peace for the wicked
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Why don't you go tell it on the mountain,over the hills and everywhere,lol.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537138 May 14, 2014
Shelby101 wrote:
<quoted text>It was to prove it was the real deal. No trickery involved.
Are you trying to make a joke?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537139 May 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest dummies don't get to define the dialog, dummy.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Pad

Rockford, IL

#537140 May 15, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly your wind is blowing again. The bible is the word of God. It has always been so. The response was to the false accusation the bible was banned to laity. A lie! Protestants often bristle with rubbish like it was never allowed in any other language and blah blah blah. Yet Protestant historians today are at least trying to undo the damage of the fundy propoganda.
So all of your huffing and puffing is much to about nothing as usual, but thank you for proving that blow and endless amount of hot air. The church is not false teachers everywhere and it never was. Further the bible is not faulty translations entrusted to anyone. If so then feel free to pick up your Jefhovah witness bible with commentary.
The biggest lie the RCC spews out about Protestants is that they are confused and do not know what they believe,because everyone of them has their own doctrine and creed of sorts.You are quick to lump all of them together,even suggesting that I should use my JW bible and commentary,as though I also believe in it.I only have ONE faith,and ONE baptism that I adhere to,and ONE book that speaks clearly about the ACTS of the Apostles,and the early Church,which was not RC,but believers who lived by the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

The RCC has done well to divide and splinter,by using most of all for all non =RC Christians the word Protestant. Lets leave the Orthodox out of this.AS both your church and the Orthodox still are not yet ONE since 1034<or is it 1084? The word Protestant should make every Christian boil,but because of the disgusting feud between Catholics and Prots,many Prots are even proud of the name."AND set your minds and keep them set on what is above,(the higher things) not on the things that are on the earth."Colossians 3:2.

To be in Christ is to be a positive move of change and grace,but the labeling of calling Christians Protestant because they are not RC,is divisive in and of itself.The Church is Christ's Body and we who are called by Him are all part of that Body.But we still to this day use terms of separation to distinguish ourselves from each other.Protestant,Coptic,Orthod ox,Roman Catholic,Eastern Catholic,Christians,Anglicans, Evangelicals. But than again they are just names we identify ourselves with.But If the truth be known none of those names identify us solely to Christ.Because we are determined to build walls between us,so that we cannot ever be o n e in Him.The RCC has done a n infamous job of labeling,"Separated Brethren". Not bad,but it still reeks of arrogance,because the RCC still purports that it is alone the only true Church that Christ started and so on.Did He build a cathedral,or basilica,or an auditorium?

No DS I am not a JW,nor do I have any similar beliefs to them.I do believe JESUS is GOD Incarnate. So glad that you do also. BTW the Bibles were mostly in Latin,and the populace could not read them in their own languages,as many were illiterate. It matters though how the RCC gained its power,and the blood that is on its hands in both the killing of Jews,and within the Inquisitional times.It may surprise you that God in the Old covenant removed His Spirit from those and also His calling when disobedience and blood stained hands separated His people from Him.

Today however we are all advantaged because the Word gives us the foundation of all that JESUS taught to His Disciples,and that becomes LIFE to us.Repentance,and striving to live for Him avoiding a life of sin,and allowing the Holy Spirit to rule in our hearts is what we are all called to.That makes us ONE,not our many names.But we all are too caught up with our organizational affiliation to see that. Actually many Christians still have a Wilderness mentality,as they are fixed on what they believe,rather than "Now that I believe,how can I serve Him and be fruitful for the whole Body,not just part of it?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537141 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that a god ignores all the prayers of all the other people in all the other religions ... yet hears your prayers???
WHY???
Where and when has ANY Catholic ever said this!!!..... I have lost track of the number times that you have repeated this " garbage trash-talking quote" of yours along with the other one that ------"everyone else except Catholics are going to hell!!........You, June seem to have " mastered the art" of a vindictive and hostile "sickness" In which "exaggerations, lies and deceit are the "order of the day" for you!!!......For someone who is 70 years old you my friend have some serious "hate healing" issues to deal with...... Get help!!!--- You might start with "confession first" ( which is hesling for the soul ) and then " deliverance"!!!!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537142 May 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Truth about traditions...
TRADITIONS that are FOUND in THE BIBLE!
The word tradition occurs only 14 times in the whole New Testament in the Old Testament not once. We find 8 references are from Jesus himself, all of which are derogatory of traditions. Not once does he insinuate they are useful or scriptural. Paul has 5 references, 2 of which are derogatory (Col.2:8; Gal.1:14). Peter also has one reference also derogatory 1 Pt.1:18.(the aimless conduct received by the tradition of the fathers). For Peter to be called the first Pope and does not uphold this practice does not help their position.
The first time is is mentioned is by Jesus in Mt. 15:2-3 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.” He answered and said to them,“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?” Nowhere does Jesus teach there is a tradition of men and of God.
He goes on to give an example of their tradition that went against Scripture. It was the written Scripture that was the authority for any other teaching.
Another time he was asked about eating bread before washing their hands. Mark 7:7-9 “And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'“For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.” And He said to them,“All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.” They had a choice but instead defaulted to their own rules that they thought was biblical.
The bible "itself" is tradition!!!-----Written tradition!!!.......

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537143 May 15, 2014
Okay I'm gonna tell you guys something here. The RCC doesn't believe in Bible only. They believe in the "traditions" to go along wit the Bible. However the Bible does speak of many other things that were done that were not written in the Bible. I'll see if I can find the verse that allude to the many things that occured that are not written in the scriptures.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537144 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Okay I'm gonna tell you guys something here. The RCC doesn't believe in Bible only. They believe in the "traditions" to go along wit the Bible. However the Bible does speak of many other things that were done that were not written in the Bible. I'll see if I can find the verse that allude to the many things that occured that are not written in the scriptures.
Okay here that scripture is ...

John 21:25
truth

Australia

#537145 May 15, 2014
o well working pension not exist in this country..is that siknes to be great crime as political manipulation with people 3 -4 generation which don't have nothing from them at all..
no
someone can be lucky asked or have super which they stolen to ..to have proper surgery in hospital

great sicknes stay in manipulator minds..
this country not deserve with small population toward billions citizen in onother country where proper helth system working better..

byyyyyyyyyyyyy zicccccc
Tommoropw i will listen what they say
23 millions compare with indonesia 250 milllion and 2.3 billions in chine and around
very sad

rrlaaa ovcice
bla bla black sheep
1/3 for masters
1/3 for ''?''
1/3 for ''?''
truth

Australia

#537146 May 15, 2014
I give you 6 days for work!=bible
working pension not exist why?
23 million one continent AU
compare with
250 millions small Asia
and 2.3 billion big Asia

very sad
Michael

Canada

#537147 May 15, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
Oh Ramen Noodle do you see why I said you got Mikey all excited again so he can spew about his obsession? How sad
From my post to you
Today their is noone who has done more to insitute change than the church, regardless of how it came about. In life in general most things are dealt with best when information is shared and things are made known to all. Hindsight is pure genius and even then the road ahead will not be perfect. Those who claim they have no problem or do nothing have fingers pointing right back and need to remove the log from their eye.
Like I said predictable as a step like little kids in a play yard.
"You only make change cuz of exposure" Well DUH!! Aren't most problems dealth with when they are brought out in the open and probed into?
"You paid blah blah? "Money only shows that a large church with wealth is a bigger target than some congregation who may already be in debt.
"You point to others to justify it." No you saying that doesnt make it so. However self rigtheousness and pointing fingers and excusing doing nothing by others enables the problem elewhere and helps noone except those who want to live in denial and pretend they really care by focusing on one organization and saying everyone who remains in it is evil and all will be good if everyone leaves and nothing short of that is satisfactory.
Blah blah blah.. I think Mike ought to focus on Candadian abuse elsewhere, but he is too busy reading that one letter he may have wrote years ago to a Bishop,, because he is the great hope for children everywhere. lol
.......What a load of crap. You boast no one had done more to make change than the church.

.....Facts!

....The only reason your church after many years and many broken victims started addressing the issue because the number of cases, the staggering mounting legal fees became so overwhelming the church couldn't cover them up anymore.

.......again it was not your church who reported these felony crimes to the police, it was always the victims and their families. The church leaders were too busy making sure the perpetrators were getting free medical assistance with psychologists, but no help was offered to the victims. Who does that? Cold hearted church officials.

......and to top it all off, the very bishops who protected these criminals in the first place were then put in charge now of blowing the whistle on them.....the very ones they covered up for in the first place. Who does that

....You can name call, insult me all you want. I will never trust the catholic church, because their history is crystal clear.

.....You keep standing guard over mother church, and when things again go terribly wrong, and they will! just smile and look the other way.
truth

Australia

#537148 May 15, 2014
law not exist
as never exist for ordinary 99% people

today law is money=peace of papers and numbers and letters
truth

Australia

#537149 May 15, 2014
au is very nice continent with small population..
compare with others huge population and so on..
nothing wrong think properly and healthy..

only jealous people thinking differently..
23 m..250 m..2.3 billions
compare
be honest
Liam

Denver, CO

#537150 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "The bottom line is: you can't demonstrate how your teachings were there in century one and two."
in the following illustration, I use the word "my" because that is the word YOU used, LIam:
"My" teachings are always there, because the Bible is always there.
CENTURY ONE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWO: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY THREE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY FOUR: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY FIVE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWENTY: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWENTY ONE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
-
-
Nope. MY teachings have never changed.
Christians called the Apostles and their disciples "father".
You read our Scriptures using your 20th century mindset and decided to undo this.
Christians gathered together on the Lords day, Sunday, and celebrated Mass- keeping all day Sunday, holy. Saturday is no longer binding for the Christian. This is what was taught by Jesus Christ thru His Apostles.
You read our Scriptures and changed it BACK to Saturday. Then you made up lies, claiming the Roman Catholic Church changed to Sunday to worship the Sun.

So whats this really about? Divorce? Past sins? Something else besides sound theology is making you a bigot.
truth

Australia

#537152 May 15, 2014
Isa 11
if not understood its ok
truth

Australia

#537153 May 15, 2014
accusers is accusers
catholic church explain what is temptation

its ok
if you can't understood
or don't wanted understand

good people will understood

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537154 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Shows how little you know cause I don't walk in darkness. I just bought a new flashlight and it works very well.
~~~

The light of the world is not powered by batteries..

The Bible says

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and

the Word was with God, and

the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and

without him was not any thing made

that was made.

NOTE
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537155 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you go tell it on the mountain,over the hills and everywhere,lol.
~~~

I DON'T EAT MY PHYSICAL FOOD FROM A FILTHY DISH

neither do I DESIRE TO get my SPIRITUAL FOOD from an unclean vessel ...it is repulsive.

If you won't strive to LIVE THE GOSPEL..... by example....then don't waste your time attempting to teach it....

THERE WILL BE NO ANOINTING (. Divine or sanctifying grace. 1 John 1.)
BEHIND/WITH IT..
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537156 May 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians called the Apostles and their disciples "father".
You read our Scriptures using your 20th century mindset and decided to undo this.
Christians gathered together on the Lords day, Sunday, and celebrated Mass- keeping all day Sunday, holy. Saturday is no longer binding for the Christian. This is what was taught by Jesus Christ thru His Apostles.
You read our Scriptures and changed it BACK to Saturday. Then you made up lies, claiming the Roman Catholic Church changed to Sunday to worship the Sun.
So whats this really about? Divorce? Past sins? Something else besides sound theology is making you a bigot.
It is an "absolute necessity" for bible only fundamentalists as well as other Protestants to use "anti-catholic prejudicial obstinence" against the Theological TRUTH of the Catholic Churches and the TRUE teachings of Jesus (the TRUE Word of a God ---aTRUTH that "not changed for over 2000 years ...... It is the ONLY way, the ONLY desperate hope they have ,ONLY "grasping for straws" creating their (own) modern day NEW interpretation of the bible that most "die heart" bible only believers MUST PLAY in order to " sustain and support" their half-truth (bible mis-quoting ) sola scriptural beliefs that have no biblical or historical truth to "back up" it's 18th century " man-made" beliefs !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Brian_G 286,095
American women are f..ked, they priced themselv... (Sep '10) 22 min Jim 12
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 59 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 979,465
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 1 hr birimariza 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 619,222
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web