Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537123 May 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> There are two kinds of people. Givers and Takers. I am a Giver...
You are a greedy taker of the heaven myth and a willing giver of the hell myth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537124 May 14, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
They haven't deviated from Jesus' teachings, either.
How is your "guest" religion fairing in popularity???

Any significant amount of followers being attracted to your sermons yet???

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537125 May 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
It is my understanding
Or NOT!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537126 May 14, 2014
all liars,
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Will you be the guest of honor???

THIS I've gotta see!

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537127 May 14, 2014
It seems that the god isn't satisfied with one death. He wants two deaths from the same person.

Talk about nasty!!!

BUT HE "LOVES" YOU ... and don't you forget it either.

Junkology
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537128 May 14, 2014

United States

#537129 May 14, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
I would never claim to be all-knowing - and you have obviously missed on that mark, too.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
It is plain that you believe you know that Jesus exists to be able to fly you off to be rewarded with eternal bliss.
That's all-knowing enough to tip the scales in your favor ... and tip the scales of all others that don't see it your way down the chute to hell.
-
-
But if I were 'pregnant enough' to cause cycles to stop, then I would have a baby in a few months.
One is either pregnant or they are NOT.
-
::Likewise::
-
One is either "all-knowing" or they are not.
-
There's no 'crying in baseball.'
-
There's no "all-knowing enough to tip the scales in your favor" either.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537130 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are my Catholic brethren and sistren afraid to take me on? I have asked the question of why the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom at Christ's crucifixion yet they avoid that question like the plague.
I think the members of the RCC are deceiving spirits and many of them I believe are unaware that they are deceiving spirits. Now when you come up against a lying spirit the best way to rebuke that lying spirit or deceiving spirit is with the word of God and when you do that they will avoid the word of God at all costs. Could that be the reason that the Catholic's avoid answering my question about the veil of the temple that covered the Holy of Holies? Seriously Catholics,if you guys don't know why the veil in the temple that covered the Holy of Holies then ask your priest and see if he will answer it.
If he answers it truthfully then it will condemn the RCC .
~~~

Question...

What difference does your trivia..... make to you?...Or to them?...if neither you ...

nor them

are true born again Christians....you all walk in darkness...

2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

United States

#537131 May 14, 2014
guest wrote:
-
They haven't deviated from Jesus' teachings, either.:)
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
How is your "guest" religion fairing in popularity???
Any significant amount of followers being attracted to your sermons yet???
-
-
there's no possible way I can know the answer to that, June - but as far as how is my "guest" religion faring?.. there is none.
I am not all-knowing and ... lol ...I don't have access to the number of people reading this thread.
But, that's just stating the obvious - which you already knew because it is obvious.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537132 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I like to give too. I especially like giving those that deserve it a piece of my mind,LOL.
~~~

If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior....

there is no peace for the wicked

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537133 May 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that those who are not of your faith deserve eternal hell ... you ARE cold-hearted.
Warm hearts would see the injustice in that system of belief.
To entertain the belief that a child of Muslim faith will spend eternity in hell with Jesus' approval is VERY cold of heart.
Look Bozo....I never said that I believe that those who don't believe as I do go to Hell.....now go peddle your manure somewhere else...

“Let's Ride ”

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#537134 May 14, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are my Catholic brethren and sistren afraid to take me on? I have asked the question of why the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom at Christ's crucifixion yet they avoid that question like the plague.
I think the members of the RCC are deceiving spirits and many of them I believe are unaware that they are deceiving spirits. Now when you come up against a lying spirit the best way to rebuke that lying spirit or deceiving spirit is with the word of God and when you do that they will avoid the word of God at all costs. Could that be the reason that the Catholic's avoid answering my question about the veil of the temple that covered the Holy of Holies? Seriously Catholics,if you guys don't know why the veil in the temple that covered the Holy of Holies then ask your priest and see if he will answer it.
If he answers it truthfully then it will condemn the RCC .
It was to prove it was the real deal. No trickery involved.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537135 May 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a greedy taker of the heaven myth and a willing giver of the hell myth.
And you are the biggest life force sucking heartless soul ......

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537136 May 14, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Question...
What difference does your trivia..... make to you?...Or to them?...if neither you ...
nor them
are true born again Christians....you all walk in darkness...
2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Shows how little you know cause I don't walk in darkness. I just bought a new flashlight and it works very well.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537137 May 14, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior....
there is no peace for the wicked
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Why don't you go tell it on the mountain,over the hills and everywhere,lol.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537138 May 14, 2014
Shelby101 wrote:
<quoted text>It was to prove it was the real deal. No trickery involved.
Are you trying to make a joke?

Location hidden

#537139 May 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest dummies don't get to define the dialog, dummy.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Pad

Rockford, IL

#537140 May 15, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly your wind is blowing again. The bible is the word of God. It has always been so. The response was to the false accusation the bible was banned to laity. A lie! Protestants often bristle with rubbish like it was never allowed in any other language and blah blah blah. Yet Protestant historians today are at least trying to undo the damage of the fundy propoganda.
So all of your huffing and puffing is much to about nothing as usual, but thank you for proving that blow and endless amount of hot air. The church is not false teachers everywhere and it never was. Further the bible is not faulty translations entrusted to anyone. If so then feel free to pick up your Jefhovah witness bible with commentary.
The biggest lie the RCC spews out about Protestants is that they are confused and do not know what they believe,because everyone of them has their own doctrine and creed of sorts.You are quick to lump all of them together,even suggesting that I should use my JW bible and commentary,as though I also believe in it.I only have ONE faith,and ONE baptism that I adhere to,and ONE book that speaks clearly about the ACTS of the Apostles,and the early Church,which was not RC,but believers who lived by the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

The RCC has done well to divide and splinter,by using most of all for all non =RC Christians the word Protestant. Lets leave the Orthodox out of this.AS both your church and the Orthodox still are not yet ONE since 1034<or is it 1084? The word Protestant should make every Christian boil,but because of the disgusting feud between Catholics and Prots,many Prots are even proud of the name."AND set your minds and keep them set on what is above,(the higher things) not on the things that are on the earth."Colossians 3:2.

To be in Christ is to be a positive move of change and grace,but the labeling of calling Christians Protestant because they are not RC,is divisive in and of itself.The Church is Christ's Body and we who are called by Him are all part of that Body.But we still to this day use terms of separation to distinguish ourselves from each other.Protestant,Coptic,Orthod ox,Roman Catholic,Eastern Catholic,Christians,Anglicans, Evangelicals. But than again they are just names we identify ourselves with.But If the truth be known none of those names identify us solely to Christ.Because we are determined to build walls between us,so that we cannot ever be o n e in Him.The RCC has done a n infamous job of labeling,"Separated Brethren". Not bad,but it still reeks of arrogance,because the RCC still purports that it is alone the only true Church that Christ started and so on.Did He build a cathedral,or basilica,or an auditorium?

No DS I am not a JW,nor do I have any similar beliefs to them.I do believe JESUS is GOD Incarnate. So glad that you do also. BTW the Bibles were mostly in Latin,and the populace could not read them in their own languages,as many were illiterate. It matters though how the RCC gained its power,and the blood that is on its hands in both the killing of Jews,and within the Inquisitional times.It may surprise you that God in the Old covenant removed His Spirit from those and also His calling when disobedience and blood stained hands separated His people from Him.

Today however we are all advantaged because the Word gives us the foundation of all that JESUS taught to His Disciples,and that becomes LIFE to us.Repentance,and striving to live for Him avoiding a life of sin,and allowing the Holy Spirit to rule in our hearts is what we are all called to.That makes us ONE,not our many names.But we all are too caught up with our organizational affiliation to see that. Actually many Christians still have a Wilderness mentality,as they are fixed on what they believe,rather than "Now that I believe,how can I serve Him and be fruitful for the whole Body,not just part of it?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537141 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe that a god ignores all the prayers of all the other people in all the other religions ... yet hears your prayers???
WHY???
Where and when has ANY Catholic ever said this!!!..... I have lost track of the number times that you have repeated this " garbage trash-talking quote" of yours along with the other one that ------"everyone else except Catholics are going to hell!!........You, June seem to have " mastered the art" of a vindictive and hostile "sickness" In which "exaggerations, lies and deceit are the "order of the day" for you!!!......For someone who is 70 years old you my friend have some serious "hate healing" issues to deal with...... Get help!!!--- You might start with "confession first" ( which is hesling for the soul ) and then " deliverance"!!!!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537142 May 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Truth about traditions...
TRADITIONS that are FOUND in THE BIBLE!
The word tradition occurs only 14 times in the whole New Testament in the Old Testament not once. We find 8 references are from Jesus himself, all of which are derogatory of traditions. Not once does he insinuate they are useful or scriptural. Paul has 5 references, 2 of which are derogatory (Col.2:8; Gal.1:14). Peter also has one reference also derogatory 1 Pt.1:18.(the aimless conduct received by the tradition of the fathers). For Peter to be called the first Pope and does not uphold this practice does not help their position.
The first time is is mentioned is by Jesus in Mt. 15:2-3 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.” He answered and said to them,“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?” Nowhere does Jesus teach there is a tradition of men and of God.
He goes on to give an example of their tradition that went against Scripture. It was the written Scripture that was the authority for any other teaching.
Another time he was asked about eating bread before washing their hands. Mark 7:7-9 “And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'“For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.” And He said to them,“All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.” They had a choice but instead defaulted to their own rules that they thought was biblical.
The bible "itself" is tradition!!!-----Written tradition!!!.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Jim-ca 17,555
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 11 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min waaasssuuup 619,712
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 3 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 4 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web