Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537091 May 14, 2014
"WAAAAAAA ... I want MY religion to be the only truth in the universe!!!"

"WHY?"

"Because it makes me feel WISE to belong to such a religion."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537092 May 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When those of another church tell you that you are lying and that THEY are the ones loved by Jesus ... do "you" foam at the mouth???
I have no such religious nonsense to defend, so I am content to wait until I die.
No I don't foam at the mouth.. You are content at showing that you and mean and tough and that's it.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537093 May 14, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a long way of sayiing "I made it up that you said that-I WAS projecting".
Also, a heretic would be someone in MY religion-not someone in another faith entirely.
(Co-opting June's writing style here:)-
You don't know what "heretic" means DO you!
WHY NOT???
You DO believe dictionaries exist DON'T you!
Exactly.

June is a crazy infidel.

ramen
Michael

Canada

#537094 May 14, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say none cares, but you obviously do not. Many people know it and have told you so, even atheists. You clearly blind and obsessed with one single organization to the exclusion of all else. You have failed miserably in your assertions. If you care Mikey then spend all your time digging up information from everywhere about abuse, how it can be better handled and what your solution is.
However that would be inconvenient for a hateful bigot with an axe to grind to actually show that he wants to bring something productive to the table. What did you say to any protestant in here who denied there was any abuse? What did you say when proven over and over that abuse has no religious or secular boundaries. Nothing!
You are a complete and total fraud. Everyone has told you it could have been handled better, but that isnt enough for you. Nothing short of pulling out of the church would be satisfactory for you. Sorry, every priest is not responsible. Since you have never put your focus on the problem at large and make claims that you cannot back up. We on the other hand provided studies and information.
You provide conjecture and innuendo. We do not need you to tell us what we know better than you. We do however need to inform you of what has been done and facts so you can ignore them and continue playing the self righteous fool a part you were born for. Please stop being such a loser and go out and do something productive with your life rather than trying to encourage hatred for one organization to the exclusion of all others, because you have a very unhealthy obsession. and it was very very old long ago.

....I can post whatever I want. You have the option of not responding, you continue responding.

.....I am sure if I posted news stories exclusively about protestants you would be silent.

....the victims I post about are grown men not children. Grown men who have lived through horror and agony and many dieing without justice, and you don't give a Damn, defending your church at every opportunity and criticizing those that reported it.

......the investigations are not over, and there are still many victims that you just want to go away.

Michael

Canada

#537095 May 14, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say none cares, but you obviously do not. Many people know it and have told you so, even atheists. You clearly blind and obsessed with one single organization to the exclusion of all else. You have failed miserably in your assertions. If you care Mikey then spend all your time digging up information from everywhere about abuse, how it can be better handled and what your solution is.
However that would be inconvenient for a hateful bigot with an axe to grind to actually show that he wants to bring something productive to the table. What did you say to any protestant in here who denied there was any abuse? What did you say when proven over and over that abuse has no religious or secular boundaries. Nothing!
You are a complete and total fraud. Everyone has told you it could have been handled better, but that isnt enough for you. Nothing short of pulling out of the church would be satisfactory for you. Sorry, every priest is not responsible. Since you have never put your focus on the problem at large and make claims that you cannot back up. We on the other hand provided studies and information.
You provide conjecture and innuendo. We do not need you to tell us what we know better than you. We do however need to inform you of what has been done and facts so you can ignore them and continue playing the self righteous fool a part you were born for. Please stop being such a loser and go out and do something productive with your life rather than trying to encourage hatred for one organization to the exclusion of all others, because you have a very unhealthy obsession. and it was very very old long ago.
...What claims can't I back up?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537096 May 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm confused; haven't we been butting heads over my preaching the straight forward Gospel and you mocking it or am i mistaken?:-)
No sir, you are not mistaken.

I can disagree with your dogma, but at the same time, I can admire your staying the course on traditional Christian Hell.

Some have softened traditional Hell, for political correctness purposes I think. Who knows? Maybe not rational enough and doesn't keep the pews filled like it used to?

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537097 May 14, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...You don't do anything humbly, you are even way overconfident in the manure you spread.
The post heads off the fodder from people who are as predictable as a step meaning you. Rather than go over things that were adnauseum with manure from your end. To the point you were taking pot shots and suggesting that no everyone should stop attending the church because it doesnt fit your jaded pretense of the perfect ramen noodle church. lol
Yes, psychologists approved re-entry for offendors whether they were in the public sector or within the church and said they were rehabilitated. Clearly that was not the case. Further I answered the rubbish that its excuses for I said it is doubly outrageous for any clergy regardless of their faith. However what I will not accept is that everyone knew what to do, how to best handle it, or that no parents were aware becuase they were. People who specialized in it didnt have the answer and still dont. Further the scope of the problem in society at large still not known. If it was people in here wouldnt deny that it ever happens or not do anything to create policies that are clear on how to deal with it.
Religious and secular institutions need to have clear policies and guidelines on what to do. Many companies, churches and schools viewed these kinds of problems as internal issues. Employers today still struggle. Its called passing the trash in the public school system. I am happy with the many programs you were already shown and efforts put in place and defrocked priests, education and testing and procedures put in place. No one can claim they have done or are doing more. All of your rants are rubbish and do nothing to foster awareness. You want to throw out dollar amounts blah blah blah. One lawsuite against the Moorman church is asking for 2.5 billion. I dont think volunatrily increasing statutes of limitations counts as doing nothing either. Many other denominations fight against removing statutes of limitations, which are there for a reason especially trials against dead people. Moviing forward much has been done and all your bellowing and belitting trying to make it a Catholic issue enabling denial elsewhere or projecting that everything would go away if the church did is just manure.
There are many good men who you incriminate. Abuse is not defended, but the self righteous, vindictive and very unhuble judement from ignorant strawmen who dont really care about children and focus on it as it as if its a Catholic exclusive is very telling about the character of people like you who try to maliciusly malign every member of the church when we point to your hypocrisy and one sided weak arguments that do nothing to foster the greater good for all.
I humbly agree.

The RCC abuse scandal can mainly be attributed to ...

-- being misled by psychologists and psychiatrists,

-- the prevailing mores of the 70s,

-- the American media,

-- and a few bad apples.

The Church is a victim as well.

Above all, in no way is this a commentary on the RCC's status as Jesus' only appointed and guided church, with perfect teachings on faith and morals.

Thank you for your continued support.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537098 May 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt it either way I don't care..
Don't be so cold hearted. That's June's line :o)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537099 May 14, 2014
Truth about traditions

There are other instances of tradition in the Bible but they are all scriptural or do not contend with the scripture teaching itself. An example of this is in Jn.10:22 with the feast of dedication (Chanukah). Jesus did not refute this because it was a actual historical event. Yet if the leaders had made it mandatory it would have received a different reaction from Jesus. We do have the freedom to hold for our personal enjoyment practices of individual choice. However this is not what the Roman Catholic Church is claiming. They are teaching that these were handed down from the Apostles (some of which are found from Scripture) and are commands and even necessary for ones spiritual life.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537100 May 14, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
More prattle from a proven thief.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537101 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think only Catholic priests have abused children?
Of course not silly. But they are the only sacramental priesthood to have abused children.

But that is beside the point. I asked rhetorically...

Was it really wise to make Cardinal Law such a Vatican hero, with a great position and later, a lavishly catered retirement party that would have put the Hollywood to shame?

Most important... what is the central purpose of the RCC in the first place?

e.g. how was that supposed to heal the wounds and save souls?

It was a clueless thing to do, IMHO. Or, maybe you were all for it? I honestly doubt that. You're probably just defending the greater cause.

ramen

Location hidden

#537102 May 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so cold hearted. That's June's line :o)
I am far from cold hearted but I have no time for those that do have cold hearts.
;

United States

#537103 May 14, 2014
guest wrote:
I didn't say I joined a Protestant church, did I?
Those are YOUR words.
I said,(read it carefully)..."I came out of the Catholic Church whose history of wars and inquisitions, terror & torture and murder ... I found distasteful."
THIS WOULD MEAN that there is no way I would join a church that took part in wars, inquisitions, terror & torture and murder -- wouldn't it?
-
-
Liam wrote:
Why don't you judge the Catholic Church based on her teachings instead of midieval wars and events- which u know nothing about. The TEACHINGS are whats important. They can be proven to originate from Jesus Christ via His Apostles, via their Disciples. Its all there.
So whats this really about, guest? What, did you get a divorce and re-marry? You know your vendetta aint about Inquisitions and Crusades. Man, if you knew anything about midieval Europe, you wouldn't blame the CC. Especially concerning the crusades..
I know of many former Catholics who did some things wrong, like marry and divorce a couple times.... or they adamently oppose the CC's teaching on gay marriage....so they look for reasons not to be Catholic. Making oneself think the Church murdered and tortured millions is definitely a 'justification' in their eyes. And the internet is filled with sites that'll support whatever it is you need to believe. I just dont think that helps you as you stand before God.
-
-
Liam: "The TEACHINGS are whats important."
You have no clue, do you?
-
The TEACHINGS of the RCC gave her carte blanch to do as SHE willed. NOT God's will.
-
The TEACHINGS of the Catholic Church are where you diverge from the Word of God and go directly AGAINST the TEACHINGS OF Jesus Christ himself.
The TEACHINGS of the RCC are such that they have allowed Popes throughout history to issue papal bulls for torture and murder - and so on and on - again and again, carte blanch.
**NOTHING** restricted the Popes or their sycophants.
-
The TEACHINGS of the Catholic Church ARE NOT the TEACHINGS of Christ!
Far from it.
And .... STARTING WITH: "Call No man Father, FOR **ONE** IS YOUR FATHER, and He is in Heaven." ....
-
Jesus' TEACHING was/is plain and simple .. the Popes' TEACHING is NOT so plain and simple. Pope: "Blah, blah, it's OK to call me father because you call your earthly father by that title ... blah, blah."
-
"Why don't you judge the Catholic Church based on her teachings instead of midieval wars and events- which u know nothing about."
I AM judging the Catholic Church based on her teachings!
FOLLOWING HER TEACHINGS, POPES throughout history have been able to justify themselves to commit the most atrocious of crimes imaginable.
-
>>>>>>> >Matt 18:18<<<<< <<<
>>>> "Whatever YOU bind on earth will be bound in heaven." <<<<

The POPES bound one hell of a LOT of torture and murder on earth, didn't they?
Did Jesus do the SAME in heaven?
-
Had they been actually and "accurately" following the TEACHINGS of Christ, they would have never even dreamt of doing what they have done ... in the Name of God.
-
TEACHINGS of Christ ... DO NOT EQUAL ... TEACHINGS of The Church.
-
Yeah. The TEACHINGS are whats important. The teachings of Christ.
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537104 May 14, 2014
The Prince of Pretense

A daily devotional for May 14th

Read the Scripture: Acts 5:1-11

At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events. Acts 5:10-11

At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events. Acts 5:10-11

Why did this occur? Why was the Holy Spirit so severe? Is this what he always does with his church? Someone says,“Thank God this doesn't happen any more; if it did, we'd have to put a morgue into every church.” This is a picture of what happens in a life when pretense is indulged in. The moment you or I pretend to be something that we really are not, the second I assume before you a stance of spiritual impeccability which I do not possess, that moment death enters in. I am immediately cut off from the flow of the life of Christ. It does not mean I am no longer a Christian, but it means that the life of the body is no longer flowing through me. Instead of being part of a living, vital movement, I become a dead and unresponsive cell in that body.

That is what is wrong with the church today. It is the tragic sickness of the church in any age — pretense, sham, hypocrisy — to pretend to be something we are not. The most astonishing thing about this is that it is unconscious hypocrisy, for the most part. I seldom meet deliberate hypocrites. I am guilty of it frequently, and so are you — thus being an unconscious hypocrite. We think it is somehow “religious,” or “Christian,” not to show what we really are.

That is what this story of Ananias and Sapphira underscores for us. The minute they pretended to be something they were not — death! When we come to church we put on a mask of adequacy, but inside we are inadequate, and we know it. We are struggling with problems in our homes, but we don't want to tell anyone about them. We can't get along with our children, but we'll never admit it to anyone. The pride that doesn't want anyone else to know what is going on between husbands and wives, and between parents and children, keeps us from sharing. We come to church and put on a mask that says everything's fine! Everything's wonderful! Somebody asks us how are things going.“Great, great! Fine!”“How's everything at home?”“Oh, wonderful! We're having a wonderful time!” The minute we say that and its not true, we die. Death sets in. Soon that death pervades the whole church. That is why dishonesty is the primary characteristic of the church today.

How do we deal with this problem within ourselves? In Scripture the way to cure a spiritual disease is always the same: Repent and believe. Repent means to acknowledge that you have been doing it wrong. It means to face the fact that it has not been right. Then believe means to understand that God has already given you, in Jesus Christ, all that it takes to do what you should. Then start doing it! Start opening up and sharing your burdens. You will start in a rather small way, perhaps, and it will be difficult at first. But it is the sharing of lives that makes power and grace to flow through the body.

Father, Forgive me for my own pretense, and teach me to open up with my brothers and sisters in Christ so that when people look at us they might say,“My, how these Christians love one another.”
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#537105 May 14, 2014
<quoted text>
I humbly agree.
The RCC abuse scandal can mainly be attributed to ...
-- being misled by psychologists and psychiatrists,
-- the prevailing mores of the 70s,
-- the American media,
-- and a few bad apples.
The Church is a victim as well.
Above all, in no way is this a commentary on the RCC's status as Jesus' only appointed and guided church, with perfect teachings on faith and morals.
Thank you for your continued support.
ramen
The church did not teach abuse as a dogmatic belief of faith or morals. Thank you for your continued support.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537106 May 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Tony......we are under grace.....
We are under a law.....the Law of Christ......
Just keep on hanging with the Law of Moses....it won't save anyone......
Think NOT that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. Till heaven and earth pass away there shall in no way one jot or one tittle pass from the law till ALL be fulfilled.( I'm paraphrasing here). I'm sure I just confused you even further with that but don't sweat it. It is actually not given that you should understand these things at this time but as the song states..........YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT BETTER BY AND BY.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537107 May 14, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The church did not teach abuse as a dogmatic belief of faith or morals. Thank you for your continued support.
You're joking, right?

Of course the RCC did not teach abuse. Why would you even say that?

Clearly, the RCC is a also a victim in the abuse crisis. Bad outside influence.

ramen

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#537108 May 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 3:20
20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather,~~~through the law we become conscious of our sin.~~~
I'm sorry but you are quoting scripture, as most Christians tend to do,that you have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about. I'm sure you mean well but you have a very ,very long way to go in understanding most of the scriptures you quote.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537109 May 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I am far from cold hearted but I have no time for those that do have cold hearts.
;
I don't believe you are really cold-hearted, but I do think you have time for anyone in need.

Now, may I use your line in my next song?:o)

ramen

Location hidden

#537110 May 14, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't believe you are really cold-hearted, but I do think you have time for anyone in need.
Now, may I use your line in my next song?:o)
ramen
There are two kinds of people. Givers and Takers. I am a Giver...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 44,680
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 48,503
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,713
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Journey 971,628
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yellow Star 182,641
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 2 hr andet1987 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,036
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 281,249
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Toby 105,571
More from around the web