Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654660 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536847 May 13, 2014
Your refusal to acknowleddge othres you as it a bias and the proper terminology for those outside the Roman Rite is rude.

Better stated. Your refusal to acknowledge other rites within the church and assigning them Roman Catholic which they do not call themselves and use Catholic is disrepectful and rude. It is more important to you to insist that your limited understanding cannot be broadened to incorporate what always was true so you can be stubborn remains. A simple statement from you such as, " I always heard it as Roman Catholic Church, but thank you for clarifying. There was a priest in here for a while and he made it very clear, but you would insist he is a liar too, while proclaiming you do not lie which is irrelevant to the point that the church called Roman Catholic is seen as uninclusive of the various rites. But dig in because it seems you need to call it Roman Catholic and make angry slurs like the Pope is in Rome and he is the head of the church so you are right. lol What if the Pope is in France? Never mind, you do not have enough humility to accept anything but what you want to believe regarldess of error.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#536848 May 13, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Regina"]<quo ted text>
Hojo, I am so glad that you've met Jesus and the fullness of His teachings in the Church He founded. It's so wonderful that you now receive His joy and His peace in the way He has always planned for you and for all those who follow Him
----------
That would be hilarious if it were not so sad. When one meets Jesus, their joy and peace is visible...as well as attractive....AND it is neither scornful nor condemning.
Thanks Kay Marie! Nice to hear from you!....Hope everything is going well for you after your hospitalization some months ago!....I appreciate your comments But their is nothing " hilarious or sad about following, worshipping and trusting in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ each day..........I believe that Our Lord encourages us to defend our faith and HIS Catholic Church that He gave us over 2000 years ago and discern that " balance" between remaining passive and being over zealous in our responses. Yes!... I am still praying, working and discerning " that one"!!!! Gods a Blessing to you and your family!!!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#536849 May 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what kind of person you are, but I am convinced you are a great Catholic.
ramen
Thanks for the kind words!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#536850 May 13, 2014
LTM wrote:
CONT
That said, we should not fear. The Lord has said that He will not leave us or forsake us, and that He will protect us (1 Kings 8:57; Matthew 10:31; Isaiah 41:10). Demons / angels are not omnipotent, nor are they omnipresent. Jesus said that in the end times His appearing would be like the lightning—easily visible to all. He said to be wary of any being that says “I am the Christ” or any group that said “He’s over there” or “He’s in here”(Matthew 24:23-24). He said that vultures gather around a dead body, meaning that if you see a group of people gathering around someone claiming to be Christ, that person is death and a false prophet.
We should be wary of any person or being that produces signs and wonders without biblical fidelity or the presence of obedience to the Lord Jesus, anyone who provides a way to unite the world religions or governments (Revelation 13:5-8), any being that promotes unnatural sexual relationships (Genesis 6:4; Jude 1:6-7), and of course, any person that denies that Jesus is God (2 John 1:7). Furthermore, anyone who presents a “substitute” Jesus, who represents Him as “a god but not the God” or who claims He was merely a good teacher, simply a human, or even a super-human or an alien creature, is a deceiver.
Lastly, if demons manifesting as aliens are part of the end times, we should remember that they, too, are created beings, subject to a sovereign God, and ultimately answerable to Him. Whether in alien form or not, the descriptions of demons in Revelation are frightening (Revelation 9:1-12), but we should not fear those who can kill the body, but only Him who can kill the body and the soul in hell (Matthew 10:28). No matter what happens to us on the earth, we should trust that the Lord is the Savior, Redeemer, and Protector of the souls of those who put their trust in Him (Psalm 9:10; 22:5).
://www.gotquestions.org
Fascinating . And let's,face it....with our technology today a GREATER DECEPTION than those like Simon Magus .....
But our children are being groomed to believe anything as,God is absent in schools both lower and higher and their parents,in some cases totally reject Him ..and their world shrunk to tweeting as a means,of information!!!....meanwhile other religion turns,violent , forcing so called conversions and hurting woman and promoting hatred of us and Israel ...it's a huge cauldron being made ready for a fantastic deception ...whatever form it takes,

May the Lord Jesus,protect us..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#536851 May 13, 2014
On January 3, 1521, Pope Leo X issues the papal bull Decet Romanum Pontificem, which excommunicates Martin Luther from the Catholic Church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536852 May 13, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
I studying Italian and you're distracting me.
So, vaffanculo.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536853 May 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Don't get angry, thief.

Get honest.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536854 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words!
Pfft.

Anyone can be Catholic.

Well, except OxBreath.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#536855 May 13, 2014
Luther didn't see any proof against his theses or views which would move him to recant:

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen."
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536856 May 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating . And let's,face it....with our technology today a GREATER DECEPTION than those like Simon Magus .....
But our children are being groomed to believe anything as,God is absent in schools both lower and higher and their parents,in some cases totally reject Him ..and their world shrunk to tweeting as a means,of information!!!....meanwhile other religion turns,violent , forcing so called conversions and hurting woman and promoting hatred of us and Israel ...it's a huge cauldron being made ready for a fantastic deception ...whatever form it takes,
May the Lord Jesus,protect us..
Real fire and brimstone stuff, eh?

You'd think Jesus would wave a magic wand or something, huh?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536857 May 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has always taught every knee shall bow to the Lord. You saying not to the RCC is another uncritical insult filled with hate and ignorance.. The Catholic church is the proper name, but your are too dumb and stubborn even when a priest explained it, Nobody cares if you were in the Roman Rite and it says RCC on your baptismal certificate. The Roman Rite is a part of the church. If the Pope was in France as he once was would you call it The French Catholic Church? No, that would be wrong because you have RCC on your certificate. The succesor of Peter is traditionally in Rome but he does not have to be.
Enjoy posting your insults...Peace....and I know,of no priests,on here..my Church of my childhood called ITSELF the Roman Catholic Church in every catechism, and piece of paper from the Diocese....I don't lie, but again enjoy posting to yourself.
There is,no reason for personal insults,on this forum...and it's rude!!
Peace and GOD bless,you and your family....
I'm glad I know,no one personally of the Catholic faith who acts and speaks this way...and I know many devout Catholics,
----------
I posted nothing but a refutal of your statement, which was an insult whether intended or not as you may be trying to make one of your incoherent points. That is not an insult it is fact. Again I do not care what your limited perspective was as a child. It does not erase the fact that the church in documents and ecumnemical councils includes all the rites under Catholic. Your refusal to acknowleddge othres you as it a bias and the proper terminology for those outside the Roman Rite is rude. The fact that you know it and refuse to acknowlege or respect it then you are now a liar. That others have tried to usurp the name is common knowledge, but the Pope never said Roman Catholic Church and the document that this thread is derived from has no reference of this term. So you can insist and demand all you want, but it does not change the facts that the other rites of the church do not call themselves Roman Catholic. Further since you brought up the Pope is in Rome so your point is proven its not. As I pointed out the successor of Peter does not have to be in Rome and wasn't always. Traditionally they are, but not a requirement.
I suggest you stop insulting and calling people delusional and making crass statements and then crying foul when you are given what you dish out. I have no doubt that you never speak to them as you do in here, but thank you for that last statement as it oozes of the self righteousness and hypocrisy you have exhibited.
Can you reduce this down to a cogent line or two?

Eyestrain and all, ya' know.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536858 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Catholic Church does indeed regard the 10 Commandments as teachings direct from God. That's what you asked for, if I recall correctly.
Learn something new every day, huh?
Infallible teachings of the Church are..........issued from the Church. They teach, for example, that the Holy Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ.(that's 3). They teach that one is justfied by fath and works (that's 4). They teach that Baptism is regenerative (that's 5 when you count the two teachings about Mary I gave you earlier)
The three above weren't proclaimed by a Pope in particular, but are regarded by the Church as doctrine, thus immutable.
How many 10 Commandments are there, Dan?

If I recall correctly, the Protestant and Catholic versions don't exactly mesh.

Why is that?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536859 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be as complete in response to you as possible, I undertook a little something I call "research" and found this. It's from Wikipedia, but is well-sourced. Excerpt pasted for your enjoyment.
(Note: This "research" thing will help you from making gaffes like posting about not knowing that the CC believes in the 10 Commandments)
SOURCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
The Catholic Church does not teach that the pope is infallible in everything he says; official invocation of papal infallibility is – apart from canonizations of saints – extremely rare.
Catholic theologians agree that both Pope Pius IX's 1854 definition of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of Mary and Pope Pius XII's 1950 definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary are instances of papal infallibility, a fact confirmed by the Church's magisterium.[69] However, theologians disagree about what other documents qualify.
Regarding historical papal documents, Catholic theologian and church historian Klaus Schatz made a thorough study, published in 1985, that identified the following list of ex cathedra documents (see Creative Fidelity: Weighing and Interpreting Documents of the Magisterium, by Francis A. Sullivan, chapter 6):
1.Tome to Flavian, Pope Leo I, 449, on the two natures in Christ, received by the Council of Chalcedon;
2.Letter of Pope Agatho, 680, on the two wills of Christ, received by the Third Council of Constantinople;
3.Benedictus Deus, Pope Benedict XII, 1336, on the beatific vision of the just after death rather than only just prior to final judgment;[70]
4.Cum occasione, Pope Innocent X, 1653, condemning five propositions of Jansen as heretical;
5.Auctorem fidei, Pope Pius VI, 1794, condemning seven Jansenist propositions of the Synod of Pistoia as heretical;
6.Ineffabilis Deus, Pope Pius IX, 1854, defining the Immaculate Conception;
7.Munificentissimus Deus, Pope Pius XII, 1950, defining the Assumption of Mary.
The Holy See has given no complete list of papal statements considered infallible. A 1998 commentary on Ad Tuendam Fidem issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith published on L'Osservatore Romano in July 1998[71] listed a number of instances of infallible pronouncements by popes and by ecumenical councils, but explicitly stated (at no. 11) that this was not meant to be a complete list.
One of the documents mentioned is Pope John Paul II's apostolic letter Ordinatio Sacerdotalis on reserving priestly ordination to men alone,[72] which the Congregation earlier stated to be infallible, although not taught ex cathedra (i.e., although not a teaching of the extraordinary magisterium), clarifying that the content of this letter has been taught infallibly by the ordinary and universal magisterium.[73] This was confirmed in a commentary by the same Congregation[71] and in commentaries by Cardinals Joseph Ratzinger[74] and Tarcisio Bertone.[75]
As well as popes, ecumenical councils have made pronouncements that the Church considers infallible.
----------
Were I the Pope, I'd infallibly ban a long posts.

I could do that.

Hell, I'd be the Pope.
truth

Australia

#536860 May 13, 2014
How its look as conciseness?

savjest=razum=understanding
Knock knock pray you will receive.
As kvrc in mind=brain then you can see.

Easter
very tall person
graveyard start remove and inside start move
yeeee
then more start move

savjest=razum=understanding
that you can know impact over mind
I am fine!
I think properly!
I talk properly!
truth

Australia

#536861 May 13, 2014
act 2;27-36

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#536862 May 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
Lu 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
$100 to a doughnut hole....you have not the foggiest idea what the word faith used in the NT means....
Did yer deity change the meaning of the word "faith" when it had contradictory accounts and pseudo writers contribute to a "New" inculcate Constantinian version of "truth"?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#536863 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
it is NOT all right to torture and murder heretics?
"Crazy Protestants" who fled the tyranny of the RCC would like to know
Crazy Protestants is right!

It's not right to torture and kill Catholics.

It's not right to Kill your own people, like Jim Jones, heavens gate, etc.

It's not right to lie to people, telling them they can do whatever they want and still be saved.

Keep drinking that cool aid.
:D

#adultery

#remarryoverandover

#molestation

#Multiplebaptism
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536864 May 13, 2014
Rosezims:

You say:
How,ever many there were, whoever did it , it was under the auspices,of the Inquisition

The church was asked by the civil authorities to step in and find a more fair and impartial way within Roman law in place at the time than the unruly mobs and civil unrest including possible civil war brewing to create a way to help restore order. The Church did not establish what was already happening within the civil system and mobs, but offered a much less harsher and humane resolution establishing rites and even providing a defense for those who had none before.

You say:
Did Christ, who COULD have strike his,executioners,dead,NO ..the Church Had no right from God to allow,this,in HIS NAME

Answer:(Wasnt it his plan to die? 2 Cor 10 paul asks humbly for those who were calling him a boaster that it not be necessary for him to use his authority. They commended themselves superior to Paul appointing themselves as authorities, much like you do.

You say:
....neither did those who burned heretics as witches,in America andxtheyvwere just as wrong, as,I have said...

Good for you! So it is very fair to say you should acknowledged that there must be some other grounds to determine if a church can be the true one or not other than inquisitions seen as wrong today since Protestant inquistions, bloodshed, torture, enslavement, forced conversions, were used in abundance. Hindsight, not taking into consideration the times, and no one is knocking down your door to turn your children or unruly mobs developing in a society now more tolerant of other faiths, does not change reality. Or should everyone have been pacifists? Was Jesus a pacificst? Many Protestants would argue no.

You say:
You all do not want to believe these Jews suffered . They have a different view,...

Again if you were Jewish or Muslim the Inquistions did not apply. It was for those who claimed to be Christian with strange doctrine, or secrectly practiced another faith while claiming to be Christians and sometimes working within to subvert the faith of others. The History of Jews and many people is not necessarily cordial. This is a people who called Mary a whore, said peter was called Rock because of the dullness of his mind, had some fine things to say about Jesus and prayed for the death of Christians. Killings and even gaining the emperors ears or joining with enemies was not unheard of and families pass on grudges for generations. While the early Fathers fought against them in words they never urged their killing and it is clearly documented how the Popes urged against any such thing quoting Pauls words. However people are people and things can be difficult to hear. There are many protestants throughout the world who are not so favorable to the Jews today. It is not a defense of killing Jews, but to say the church taught to kill them isnt true. Im arguing against the blood curdling tales of the inquisitions that are myths.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536865 May 13, 2014
You say:
God does not want forced belief..or we would not have free will ....

I would agree that God does not want forced belief, but I would also agree that the bible talks about false teachers and sects that will meet with swift destruction. No inquisition had to deal with other religions only those who held that they were Christians and had the truth which also brought other issues. It wasnt just a religious thing it was disrupting the state not unlike it would be if Muslims took over a sate and demanded Sharia law. Its really the same analogy. Would we deal with it in a different way today? If the govt set up trials and held inquries what would you call that? Same concept applied a bit differently perhaps.

You say:
WE WILL ALL BOW,TO HIM when He returns. Until then we have Faith or we don't , no forcing...no PERSECUTIIN.

Yes all will bow.

You say:
We DO CONFESS,OUR SINS,to the,Lord...and each other if we wrong them..

Very few protestants confess to each other and most certainly not to Catholics. lol We confess our sins to the Lord as well and we do what Christ asked in James as well.

You say:
I have said many times, our types of worship , imo , are to God and our Hearts,in this,worship are,JUDGED and RECIEVED BY HIM.
THE Catholic Mass , the Sunday services, the man on his,knees,at home talking to HIS,SAVIOUR with true faith are taking and worshipping OUR HIGH PRIEST.

Various cultures in the church around the world worship in different ways, but have one faith, one baptism and one Lord. There are not many truths, or churches, but when the Nestorians were put out of the church they were not persecuted and this was long before any formal inquistion panels. However they were not trying to force their new religion. Many Protestants did try to force their truth. Many will say Lord Lord and he will say I never knew you. That includes protestants who say they have a personal relationship with Jesus and teach false teachings. The bible says the unlearned and unstable wrest the world unto their destruction. The Gate is narrow, but in your world no teaching seems to matter as long as you believe in the Lord. Yet he commanded other things and he founded a church. Will it never have sinners, will it always do what is right? Will its members? No Does that prove it cannot be the church Christ founded? Hardly. A small study of the Jewish people is quite revealing that Gods forgiveness is great, but to make truth relative by each persons own determination and make absurd claims in hyporcrisy is hardly a Protestant right.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536866 May 13, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy Protestants is right!
It's not right to torture and kill Catholics.
It's not right to Kill your own people, like Jim Jones, heavens gate, etc.
It's not right to lie to people, telling them they can do whatever they want and still be saved.
Keep drinking that cool aid.
:D
#adultery
#remarryoverandover
#molestation
#Multiplebaptism
Too bad you were available to guide Cardinal Law on morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min ROCCO 65,138
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min trifecta1 974,010
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 24 min Toby 862
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 39 min Zara AUH 10
People should start looking after the earth 50 min T rules 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min T rules 45,317
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min who 281,980
More from around the web