Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,294
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#536453 May 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt was saved last week at hospital. Emergency open heart surgery.
It was the advancement of medical science that saved her life.

And I suggest that if you really cared and thought that Jesus saved her, you would rather that she went to her eternal rewards in the afterlife, where suffering "according to all of you saved preachers" is not an issue.

For someone who is so certain of salvation in a hereafter, you sure are thankful when your loved-one can stay on earth and suffer even more, until death relieves the suffering.

Religion is based on double-talk.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#536454 May 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt was saved last week at hospital. Emergency open heart surgery.
...So, if your aunt was Jewish, a Muslim or atheist she would have died?

...If your aunt had died you wouldn't have told us the story.

....Every day people of all religions and no religions die. Everyday people of all religions and those of no belief come through medical procedures with flying colors and praise their god, karma, or their lucky stars.

....If one group had an advantage than that group would always live longer healthier lives in every instance. But they don't

.....things happen because they do, not because mumbling a phrase over and over changes someone's medical condition.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536455 May 11, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief's repetitive rant does not really count for much, now does it, thief?
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#536456 May 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
Rose says:
"IMO Catholic charities does do a lot...and always has...lot of people donate and of course the scho
You:
the,Pope,telling an organization who thinks,it's,torture NOT TO GIVE ABORTUONS,
If you are opposed to telling an organization that says teaching against abortion is wrong and that abortion is wrong then by your garbled statement you are for abortion and agree with the UN dictating morals.
that redistributing wealth is a good thing for GOVERNMENTS ???
Correctly the manuscript says, the 'legitimate" distbrution of economic beneifts. He didnt actually say redisribution of wealth and the implications you assign to it. Taxes whether you like it or not are a form of redistribution of wealth. Taxes by themselves do not own or control the business as it would be if confiscated and run by the state. Nowhere did he say that the state should control everything, but rather urged an equitable and legitimate distribution of funds with more focus on elevation and needs of the poor. Further he does not advocate permanent welfare programs but has said they should be viewed as temporary. In essence he was talking about the money they already have and how it is used. Since the church does not believe in permanent welfare how money may be better used to elevate the poor to a self sufficient level is up for debate, but he didnt suggest that State ownership or govt is better suited to care for everyone than private charities. In fact he advocated for private charities. The popes political views are his own opinion, but to say that he is advocating for confiscating wealth or business or total redistribution of wealth from the state he didn't. The fact is there is no such thing as unhindered capitalism anywhere. Police, Fire, Sanitation crews, armed forces, parks and recreation, homeland security, and on and on. The govt currently owns the majority of realestate loans to bail out the banks and bought out GM too. The govt in the US is currently 17 trillion in debt. The US govt subisidizes oil, medical and is currently artificially holding down interest rates on home purchases. Long before the Affordable health care act the govt has had its hands deep in medicine. Pope Francis knows all too well corrupt unbridled capitalism which he spoke of where nothing was done for the poor and yet they failed and defaulted on debt.Actually laws that inhibit corruption are desired. No organization is utterly immune from corruption or waste, but can always look for improvements. You on the other hand want to confiscate all the holdings of the church and redistribute because apparently you feel that feeding fish for a day is the deal. I have never heard advocating govts sieze property including the church and allocate as they see fit to the exlusion of private charities or ownership. Clearly extreme poverty exists in many places.
Regardless he is merely stating an opinion just as you have yours and debate and criticisms on political views are fine, provided you are not mispresenting or making up what he says.
...Church followers have to do charity work or the church organization loses its tax status.
....Every organization that builds a church, mosque, temple, synagogue, or kingdom hall has their property taxes picked up by everyone. In that community, whether you support Jews, Muslims or not. We all financially support all of them.
....If an office tower, or apartment complex was built on a lot instead of a place of worship the owners of those complexes would pay the 10s of thousands in taxes owing.
....With some cities boasting hundreds of places of worship hundreds of millions in property taxes are not paid by them. We pay them. We pay our share including places of worship you don't believe in.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#536457 May 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Only responding to your statement on redisribution of wealth and implications. Most papers incorrectly state he said wealth redistribution assigning whatever they like to that term. The actual manuscript says redistribution of ecomic benefts and he talked about private charities. I personally think the UN is a joke and waste of money. Just clarifying that to date he has not explicitly advocated for states to control everything and redistribute wealth that causes Limbaugh and Hannity to burst a brain cell, but it makes for good enterntainment when they can appeal to a large base of people who hate the church. lol Like I said anyone Catholic or not is free to criticize political opinions, I was merely pointing out its not fair to assign beliefs to him that he never espoused. He talked quite a bit about Abortion, but the media did not find it newsworthy, rather choosing to interpret his statement as redistribution of wealth and fueling attacks against the church as this untold horder of wealth. But rest assured if there is a UN statement about teaching against Abortion being terrorism it will be news. lol
It's worse than a joke, the UN I mean...they espouse murdering babies , het the country that houses them, flaunt our laws, want terrorists to represent countries, while denying all the good this country has done,..they welcome and give accolaees to those who murder the missionaries of every denomination..they hate the US and Israel....they are like unto a temple to false gods. As are a majority of our elected politicians .....blood of babies on their hands,and carrying for more in the name,of mercy to women...

I agree,the RCC does good works and has, for centuries . Oversosd so for months ,but you ignore that ...

But the,Pope has given the U N ammo , just hide and watch how it comes,up , media too...and it's not just GOD they hate and his people, it's our system or working for the good of our families, and not the state ...and the RCC is a big target ...but not the,only one .

Persecution for Christ is no respector of where or how,we worship Him.

Location hidden

#536458 May 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to "defend" the One TRUE (Universal) Catholic Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated (Matthew 16:13-21)---from bible only (man-made) "contradicting"----s elf interpreters like you.......THe Catholic Church doesn't need defending because it stands son it's own historical and biblical TRUTHS----from over 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable TRUTH---------There is only ONE TRUTH----------not 42,000+ inconsistent and conflicting Truths in which each persons " personal opinion is the " final authority.---God never was, nor ever wii be the author of your 18th century man-made bible only confusion, contradiction and chaos.0
You will not post the definition of the word "church" found in the footnote in your NABre on Mt 16:18 because it proves you are a liar......

You will not respond to: Why, in Rev, did not Christ refer to any of the seven (7) churches as Catholic Churches?? Because it also proves you are a liar...

The RCC is a denomination....one of the largest in the USA...Christ built no such...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#536459 May 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
because of your interaction with this twerp, you are now contributing nothing towards the stance against the false teachings of the rcc.

Location hidden

#536460 May 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does faith alone!!!!
Lu 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Lu 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

$100 to a doughnut hole....you have not the foggiest idea what the word faith used in the NT means....

Prince George, Canada

#536461 May 11, 2014
I suggest that most people in religion actually FEAR an afterlife.

As much as you preach about the rewards of salvation, because you believe in the existence of hell, and you know that on earth suffering is as real as reals gets ... if the two issues are put together, then it follows that there is a better than average chance that the god that created suffering in all animals, could change his mind in a hereafter at any time and down the chute you go ... to hell.

Before religion, there was none of that nonsense "available" on which to mentally feed.

The prime interest of humans was probably how to stay alive and not be eaten by other animals, or die from starvation, or from being killed by other warring humans, or upheavals in nature.

Prince George, Canada

#536462 May 11, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse than a joke, the UN I mean...they espouse murdering babies , het the country that houses them, flaunt our laws, want terrorists to represent countries, while denying all the good this country has done,..they welcome and give accolaees to those who murder the missionaries of every denomination..they hate the US and Israel....they are like unto a temple to false gods. As are a majority of our elected politicians .....blood of babies on their hands,and carrying for more in the name,of mercy to women...
I agree,the RCC does good works and has, for centuries . Oversosd so for months ,but you ignore that ...
But the,Pope has given the U N ammo , just hide and watch how it comes,up , media too...and it's not just GOD they hate and his people, it's our system or working for the good of our families, and not the state ...and the RCC is a big target ...but not the,only one .
Persecution for Christ is no respector of where or how,we worship Him.
Do you believe that Jesus instructed you to preach these messages at others???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#536463 May 11, 2014
I was once asked by someone if I was going to run for a position in politics.

I responded that I had no intention of running for any such position, as I found it far easier to bitch from my arm-chair in the living room about what others should do to make the world a better place for me to live.

:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#536464 May 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that most people in religion actually FEAR an afterlife.
As much as you preach about the rewards of salvation, because you believe in the existence of hell, and you know that on earth suffering is as real as reals gets ... if the two issues are put together, then it follows that there is a better than average chance that the god that created suffering in all animals, could change his mind in a hereafter at any time and down the chute you go ... to hell.
Before religion, there was none of that nonsense "available" on which to mentally feed.
The prime interest of humans was probably how to stay alive and not be eaten by other animals, or die from starvation, or from being killed by other warring humans, or upheavals in nature.
June

There is a healthy fear which produces bravery in human beings, and is known as fortitude.

So are you saying that atheists are not brave, because they fear nothing? Or something else...?

Prince George, Canada

#536465 May 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
I suggest you try "feeding" on this scripture for a change of pace.

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Prince George, Canada

#536466 May 11, 2014
I wonder ... if Jehovah was real if he would consider Jesus to be a relative, or a fake messiah???

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#536467 May 11, 2014
So ... if Jehovah is busy creating evil, why is he pretending to be creating peace?

Silly theologians!

Prince George, Canada

#536468 May 11, 2014
According to theologians, Jehovah said that only the Jews were his chosen few.

Then Jesus supposedly came to earth and told an entirely different story.

I suggest that the men delivering those messages were all totally out to lunch.

Prince George, Canada

#536469 May 11, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
There is a healthy fear which produces bravery in human beings, and is known as fortitude.
So are you saying that atheists are not brave, because they fear nothing? Or something else...?
I'm afraid of humans such as you in religion. Of THAT I have a healthy fear.

Of an afterlife where a god rewards you and punishes me for not believing as you believe ... I have no fear whatsoever.

As I mentioned before many times, there was a reason you left Atheism and slid back into Catholicism to hide in the covers of your bible.

YOU are terrified of the very god that you in turn profess to love. After all, he has the power to reject you to hell. That is what the theologians gave you for your food of thought.

They were idiots, and for you believing them ... that makes you also an idiot.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#536470 May 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're angry I pointed out your thievery.

I get that.

Thief.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#536471 May 11, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay let try this ONE MORE TIME. Though the words written is that he was buried in Moab that was not in fact the case. Moses was TRANSFIGURED IN MOAB and the reason no one knows where His grave is is because there WAS NO GRAVE. When God buries someone He does NOT do it the way we humans do. When """"BURIES """" someone He TRANSFIGURES THEM.
I think you guys comprehend this about as much as you comptrehend what really happened in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve sinned. The Biblically Illiterate thinks they ate a piece of forbidden fruit and God turned them out because they ate the wrong produce. Utter nonsense.
This is the last time I will respond on this what is yet another mystery that Christians totally misunderstands. However as some of you tend to do with so many mysteries of the Kingdom in the Bible, lets NOT make a religion out of it just because you fail to comprehend it .Kay?
Tony, Tony, Tony,

You are one confused person.....

Moses was NOT translated as were Enoch and Eljah......the only two recorded in the Old Testament to have NEVER seen death.

Moses died and was buried by God......

The Bible is very clear that Moses was buried.

Location hidden

#536472 May 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>because of your interaction with this twerp, you are now contributing nothing towards the stance against the false teachings of the rcc.
Really???? Nothing???? What do you call this:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does faith alone!!!!

$100 to a doughnut hole....you have not the foggiest idea what the word faith used in the NT means....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 4 min Konny 654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 774,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Rick in Kansas 265,077
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 16 min shyam 5,510
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min lil whispers 604,944
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min andet1987 5,711
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 56 min andet1987 5,098
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,595
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762
More from around the web