Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#536720 May 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has always taught every knee shall bow to the Lord. You saying not to the RCC is another uncritical insult filled with hate and ignorance.. The Catholic church is the proper name, but your are too dumb and stubborn even when a priest explained it, Nobody cares if you were in the Roman Rite and it says RCC on your baptismal certificate. The Roman Rite is a part of the church. If the Pope was in France as he once was would you call it The French Catholic Church? No, that would be wrong because you have RCC on your certificate. The succesor of Peter is traditionally in Rome but he does not have to be.
Enjoy posting your insults...Peace....and I know,of no priests,on here..my Church of my childhood called ITSELF the Roman Catholic Church in every catechism, and piece of paper from the Diocese....I don't lie, but again enjoy posting to yourself.

There is,no reason for personal insults,on this forum...and it's rude!!

Peace and GOD bless,you and your family....

I'm glad I know,no one personally of the Catholic faith who acts and speaks this way...and I know many devout Catholics,
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536721 May 12, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="hojo"] <quoted text>
It has been explained to you over and over and over again for over 2000 years by the overwhelming majority of highly accredited Church Historian authors and writers----AND ---Apologistic writers --both Catholic and Protestant. The problem starts and ends with YOU Guest!!! You have been "Protestant Propagandized" by your bible only distortions, lies and deceit., which explains why your "eyes remain closed. You my friend " have been duped by your " man made" bible only " half-truth , half-heresy" Christianity...
----------
hojo...Martin Luther discovered that God gives US a choice between life and death. When we choose life Jesus, the Living Word, comes alive in our hearts. Once you've met Him and know that joy, you won't trade Him for anything.
Many 'religions' teach what they believe to be truth, but so do the politicians and clubs of the world.
It is NOT the same thing.
May you meet Him...He will give you joy and peace like you've never known.
AMEN

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536722 May 12, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
"NEXT time every knee will bow, not to the RCC but to the Lord .."
That is one of the most bigoted statements I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot. How dare you! The Church bows to the Lord and only to the Lord and never, ever, never has asked anyone to bow to her. For you to declare otherwise is just sick. What an envious person you are.
For your information, the deformation spawned unbiblical and non-Christian doctrines such as OSAS, sola scriptura, symbolic crackers and grape juice, only two sacraments, no need to confess your sins, and removing books from the bible. Who in their right mind would be grateful for that??? Thank goodness the Church has remained steadfast in teaching the faith once given, the faith of the Apostles.
I'm afraid it is you, my dear, who are deluded (yes, your favorite name-calling but, oh, I forgot, you never call names, LOL.....)
The point was that people during the,time,Inquisition had to bow,to the will of the CHURCH...or suffer..and they did..

How,ever many there were, whoever did it , it was under the auspices,of the Inquisition .

Did Christ, who COULD have strike his,executioners,dead,NO ..the Church Had no right from God to allow,this,in HIS NAME ....neither did those who burned heretics as witches,in America andxtheyvwere just as wrong, as,I have said...

You all do not want to believe these Jews suffered . They have a different view,...

God does not want forced belief..or we would not have free will ....WE WILL ALL BOW,TO HIM when He returns. Until then we have Faith or we don't , no forcing...no PERSECUTIIN.

We DO CONFESS,OUR SINS,to the,Lord...and each other if we wrong them..

I have said many times, our types of worship , imo , are to God and our Hearts,in this,worship are,JUDGED and RECIEVED BY HIM.
THE Catholic Mass , the Sunday services, the man on his,knees,at home talking to HIS,SAVIOUR with true faith are taking and worshipping OUR HIGH PRIEST.

Thou small love the Lord , THY GOD , with thy whole heart ..it's why we were created , to be in union with Him.. as far as differences, they will be sorted out in eternity ...

Peace
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536723 May 12, 2014
I follow what your saying fine Rosie, and, Amen Thank You Jesus!, to your post above.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536724 May 12, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="Dust Storm" <quoted text>
Could you translate your garbled mess of imcomplete thoughts into a verifiable coherent statement with an attempt at having any form of a point or acutally addressing the points made to you rather than ramblings about things that only you seem to understand in your mythical world? Why dont you try to make a singular thought with one meanlingless and erreoneous statement at a time or do you have a translator for the Rosezite language?
----------
You are very unkind to a person who has been very uncritical. She has honestly shared what she has discovered, without name-calling.
Insults,on here are bad , Kay but I thank God for this,country and forum.

Watching Kelly , those young girls, some Christian, all dressed as Muslims,now,supposedly converted and chanting to the god of their captors.....

A,lady is talking about it, she has been condemned to death for talking and making a,movie about sharia..and how,it affects women...theyvcannotcteach their girls to read, among other much worse things...all in the name of their brand of their religion.

Insults,on a,board are nothing..
Seeing those young girls breaks my heart. Pure evil cloaked as religion ...

MAY OUR Saviuir comfort them and touch their hearts , despite what they are forced to do.
IN JESUS NAME ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536725 May 12, 2014
marge wrote:
I follow what your saying fine Rosie, and, Amen Thank You Jesus!, to your post above.
We need to really pray for those girls, Marge..it's heartbreaking ..

And whatever our differences, we as Christians should pay attention....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536726 May 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to really pray for those girls, Marge..it's heartbreaking ..
And whatever our differences, we as Christians should pay attention....
I praying and watching, Thy will be done.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#536727 May 12, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I praying and watching, Thy will be done.
We know our Lord loves the children..these,poor girls, but they are the ones on the news. Much worse happens . Physically, but the picture of these in forced worship , is so sad..
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536728 May 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...Just in case anyone wants some reality and to show how stupid and arrogant the Brazil nut is here is a link with some reality on subsidies to energy companies. http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
Further I did not claim anything about the Federal Reserve or that the US Govt sets interest rates, but I did point out through 2014 the US govt to encourage home ownership has inititiated a program that gurantees interest rates will not rise through 2014 on home purchases. Regardless if the Fed raises interest rates the US Govt will make up any difrerence and that is a subsidy. So as per usual you dont know what you are talking about.
YOU too are and idiot, your link makes up defintions like the RCC does. LOL

From your link

A fossil fuel subsidy is any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers. There are a lot of activities under this simple definition

By your links very own SIMPLE definition every Industry from Sugar Grains cotton produce dairy chocolate bars car planes electronics software, etc., literally ever thing produced in the USA is subsidized.

Here is how your logic works.

All mass murders have been seen at least once to drink water
In All drownings water was present.
Water is used in the production of all poisons
100% of all people exposed to water will die.

Therefore water is bad and must be taxed heavily or banned.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536729 May 12, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, if Papal Bulls are, in fact, doctrinal or dogmatic, wouldn't you have supplied me with a "New Advent" source as a rebuttal that actually CONTAINED the words "doctrine" or "dogma"?
Neither appear in your past and as per usual, you don't link the source.
Here once again is the RCC and its RC members shell game.

So when any apostle in the Bible sent a letter and Epistle with instructions saying this is how to practice Christianity, this is how one is saved it was regarded as dogma. This was because the Apostle was and Apostle i.e. and envoy or messenger of God no less.

So Advent states that the Bull and Decree from Innocent the 3rd was an Apostolic Letter in which he instructs a new sect of Priests how to convert non believers or make heretics recant via torture, summary executions and confiscation of money and property.

So now because the word dogma is not used you what to shuck and dive out of the implications of the words used on Advent but if you do you shuck and dive your way out of the meaning of the words then you also shuck and dive out of the explicit teachings of the Bible and thus render yourself non christian and anti-Jesus.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536730 May 12, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Words mean things.
There's a difference between doctrine and dogma of the Catholic Church and what a particular Pope may publish in formal communication (a bull).
Sorry you don't know or acknowledge the difference, but there IS a difference.
The rest of your post is you cheerleading for the Reformation, which is a diversion from the topic.
dogma
an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church. Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.

Doctrine (from Latin: doctrina or possibly from Sanskrit: dukrn) is a codification of beliefs or a body of teachings or instructions, taught principles or positions, as the body of teachings in a branch of knowledge or belief system. The Greek analogue is the etymology of catechism.[1]

dogma and doctrine are synonymous words

scripture

a. A sacred writing or book.
b. A passage from such a writing or book.
2. The sacred writings of the Bible. Often used in the plural. Also called Holy Scriptures.
3. scripture A statement regarded as authoritative.

NO IT is you who plays fast and lose with words meanings as you were brain washed by the RCC to do so.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536731 May 12, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of missing the point, who put forth the notion that Papal Bulls are "infallible"?
Papal infallibility was codified in 1870, but was a held belief long before that.
Subsequent to that, it's been invoked 4-5 times.
Ahh yes and this brings us to the conundrum Rome faced in 1870

Because in the Middle ages all Big Bull's issued by a Pope and decreed (meaning announced to all) were considered the word of God, that is why when Inoncent the 3rd via Papal Bull and decree declared Inquisition and Instituted it and formed a new branck of Priests to implement no one doubt it was God's will and dogma for nearly 500 years and affirmed as such by 41 subsequent Popes. New Advent clearly states the are Apostolic Letters carry the same authority as a Apostle of the NT.

But in 1870 the majority of the masses are now literate and can see the glaring contradictions in Romes assertions because they can read it themselves. so Rome comes up with a new and novel idea of infallibility that no Pope every mentions previous in the first 600 years of RCC history and not to mention ever in the first 1000 years of Christianity.

Why so they can recant that which came before and jsut say that was one popes opinion LOL ROFL

If your 5 year old tried that you would ground your child for a month.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536732 May 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ANYONE would believe a 21st century " self interpreting" bible "expert?????" like you Brasil---makes "no sense" especially since you are just ONE of over 42,000 contradicting---hodge podge of bible verses waiving" self appointed bible "experts????? ".......You (divisive)Protestant bible only "fundies" (self interpreters) have ".absolutely NOTHING historically factual or biblically truthfull to offer ANYONE except the "same old" anti catholic hostile and vindictive " lies and distortions" of the TRUE Biblical and TRUE Church historical documented writings by the Early Church Fathers, the Apologistic historian writers (both .Catholic and Protestant) from the first 1500 years of the Universal (Catholic) Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated.......Go argue, discuss and debate with your other Protestant bible only "self appointed -- man- made preachers who don't agree with you either!!!!!!----It is a "complete" waist of time!......The Fullness of the TRUTH of the TRUE a Gospel and the a Fullness of the Faith of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ has been grounded, established and proclaimed for over 2000 years ----which is ONLY manifested IN Jesus Christ -HIMSELF.----- in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....
They believe me because I don't take out of context what I post, it is always independently verifiable outside myself and its stands the test.

Instead of being a wacko RC extremist militant you should take a breath stop all the name calling and slander and go study as you keep making yourself out to be a fool.

That is fine by me as you just show those reading alone you have not case for your sects assertions.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536733 May 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been explained to you over and over and over again for over 2000 years by the overwhelming majority of highly accredited Church Historian authors and writers----AND ---Apologistic writers --both Catholic and Protestant. The problem starts and ends with YOU Guest!!! You have been "Protestant Propagandized" by your bible only distortions, lies and deceit., which explains why your "eyes remain closed. You my friend " have been duped by your " man made" bible only " half-truth , half-heresy" Christianity...
You have explained nothing and everybody in this thread can see that.

You saying you have makes you an even bigger fool thanks for being such a good reason why not to believe in your sects false assertions.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#536734 May 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe me because I don't take out of context what I post, it is always independently verifiable outside myself and its stands the test.
Instead of being a wacko RC extremist militant you should take a breath stop all the name calling and slander and go study as you keep making yourself out to be a fool.
Name calling????? This is the ONLY thing that "consistently" comes out of your mouth when other people won't agree with your 18th century, man-made bible only SELF interpretation of the bible.--and EVERY Catholic on this forum (knows it) including some of your other " bible only's" who don't agree with you either. Belittling others with words such as " idiot, stupid, fool.
Imbicell, moron or whatever (other) adjective that you "carry around in your bible only dictionary" iis the "Protestant way" of demeaning ANYONE ( especially Catholics).--Sorry to burst your bible only "bubble" but there is no Protestant Church history or bible interpretation "test" as you say that confirms or substantiates ANYTHING with regard to truth of sola scriptura, because your " bible only Protestant doctrine was "never believed by ANYONE until the 18th century. It is a man- made teaching that contradicts itself and never taught anywhere in Scripture .( Read "The Heresy of Sola Scriptura by Jeff Childers and Scott Hahn's website regarding his conversion to Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church as a former Baptist
Seminarian student !!!

United States

#536735 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
the pope is *his own* "self appointed" bible interpreting (experts?????)" .... and some of them sanctioned the torture and murder of heretics...
-
yes ... they opened up the gates of hell and stepped right in ... and dragged the world's Catholics right down with them ...
-
-
hojo wrote:
Popes are sinners just like everyone else!!........And you are not his " final judge" anyway!!!
-
-
you missed the point, as usual, hojo - so I am posting this again.
(first I know I am not the popes 'final' judge - but that was not the point.)
-
The POINT was that YOU allow the POPE to interpret the Bible for you.
And some of the popes sanctioned torture and murder - as if that is what Christ taught.
The Bible is FOREIGN to you because the Bible is foreign to the Catholic church.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#536736 May 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You have explained nothing and everybody in this thread can see that.
You saying you have makes you an even bigger fool thanks for being such a good reason why not to believe in your sects false assertions.
There is "(absolutely nothing)" to explain, debate, argue, discuss, dispute or deliberate when it comes to (over 2000 years ) of the ALREADY "Proven,validated, verifiable and confirmed historical and biblical TRUTH regarding Jesus Christ and His "already authenticated" One a True Apostolic Catholic Church......,.. The Universal Catholic Church established and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF needs no explanation to those who know, study and have extensively researched the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUE interpretation on The Word of God (SacredScripture/the Bible)....... The Bible was originally interpreted and written in its TRUEST form in 382. 393,and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers who discerned and interpreted the letters,documents and manuscripts ffrom the Apostles (which took over 350 years) and then formed the Canon of Scripture ( giving ALL of us the Bible!!.... The TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUE history of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church doesn't need to be explained or debated!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#536737 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
you missed the point, as usual, hojo - so I am posting this again.
(first I know I am not the popes 'final' judge - but that was not the point.)
-
The POINT was that YOU allow the POPE to interpret the Bible for you.
And some of the popes sanctioned torture and murder - as if that is what Christ taught.
The Bible is FOREIGN to you because the Bible is foreign to the Catholic church.
First of all--the Pope NEVER sanctioned torture and murder!.....This is just more Protestant (exaggerated) Propaganda that I (falsely)heard for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.
Secondly--I read the bible every day just like you! Jesus Christ gave us His Church which correctly interested the Sacred Scriptures in 397AD. IF there is a "contradiction or controversy" in the interpretation of bible verses or some other form of Sacred a Scripture --the Catholic Church "clarifies the TRUE meaning. As Paul tells us--"when there is a disagreement --take it to the CHURCH.------and you can be sure that there are MANY Disagreements among the 1000's and 1000's of contradicting and inconsistent Bible only Protestant conflicting denominations!!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536738 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "(absolutely nothing)" to explain, debate, argue, discuss, dispute or deliberate when it comes to (over 2000 years ) of the ALREADY "Proven,validated, verifiable and confirmed historical and biblical TRUTH regarding Jesus Christ and His "already authenticated" One a True Apostolic Catholic Church......,.. The Universal Catholic Church established and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF needs no explanation to those who know, study and have extensively researched the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUE interpretation on The Word of God (SacredScripture/the Bible)....... The Bible was originally interpreted and written in its TRUEST form in 382. 393,and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers who discerned and interpreted the letters,documents and manuscripts ffrom the Apostles (which took over 350 years) and then formed the Canon of Scripture ( giving ALL of us the Bible!!.... The TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUE history of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church doesn't need to be explained or debated!
But again all you offer is believe me because I am me LOL

I have posted Popes of Rome who declared in the 4 5 6 th centuries the assumption of Mary as Heretical and those who taught it Heretics.
I have posted 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 th century Bishops Patriarchal who all say Romes idea of a Pope of popes a supreme pope utter nonsense.
I have posted 1 2 3 century early church fathers who never use oral tradition for dogma doctrine only the written word and exhort all in Christ Jesus to do the same.

And then I Trump your assertions slam dunk with the Bible where Paul exhorts us not to go beyond what is written, that Mary was a sinner, her very words saying she needs a savior.

And Jesus's very words in the Greek show the rock which the church is built on is Jesus himself not any man.

So blow smoke and hot air to the cows come home you are off your rocker.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536739 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all--the Pope NEVER sanctioned torture and murder!.....This is just more Protestant (exaggerated) Propaganda that I (falsely)heard for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.
Secondly--I read the bible every day just like you! Jesus Christ gave us His Church which correctly interested the Sacred Scriptures in 397AD. IF there is a "contradiction or controversy" in the interpretation of bible verses or some other form of Sacred a Scripture --the Catholic Church "clarifies the TRUE meaning. As Paul tells us--"when there is a disagreement --take it to the CHURCH.------and you can be sure that there are MANY Disagreements among the 1000's and 1000's of contradicting and inconsistent Bible only Protestant conflicting denominations!!!!
You are a liar

Torture could be used after 1252. On May 15, Pope Innocent IV issued a papal bull entitled Ad extirpanda, which authorized the use of torture by inquisitors. Torture was undoubtedly used in the trial of the Templars, but is in fact not much found in heresy trials until the later fourteenth century. Torture methods that resulted in bloodshed, births, mutilation or death were forbidden. Also, torture could be performed only once. However, it was common practice to consider a second torture session to be a "continuation" of the first. The most commonly employed methods of torture methods included hanging by the wrists, with weights suspended from the ankles (a form of torture known as strappado); the rack; foot roasting; and the water torture

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min wherearethegods 41,698
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min wherearethegods 989,716
Anyone gay in Massachusetts Boston to talk or c... 16 min Zackgay 1
gay guys for skype?? (Jun '14) 30 min Zackgay 2
Who Will Save The Dying Democrat Party? 1 hr Decency 7
used cars dealer and finance Dallas/FTW 4 hr used car 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,593
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 10 hr Paul is dead 541
More from around the web